PDA

View Full Version : On the brighter side of the sports day...

TUSooner
10/7/2006, 07:34 PM
My daughter scored the goal - a sweet one - in a 1-0 victory in a soccer match this morning.
Tulane won.
LSU lost.
The Yankees will NOT win the World Series.
Auburn lost (sorry Homey)
The Sooner football season is NOT over (even if MNC hopes are shot for sure).

That's the best I can do. :O

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2006, 07:38 PM
You been drinking again?;)

Tear Down This Wall
10/7/2006, 07:45 PM
Congrats to your daughter for her first goal! Always exciting for a parent. Hooray for the Tigers knocking out NY, too.

I suppose I'm happy about the other football stuff. Tulane, with what they went through with the hurricane last year, you've got to be happy that they even still field a team. I'm at a toss up over whether I'm happy about LSU losing. I'm one of the few people here who liked Bo Pelini and our 12-0 2004 and a trip to the national championship game. And, whether or not you like Les Miles, he took a crappy program and beat us with it twice when we really needed wins.

Auburn - yeah, I'm glas they lost. I've got family from Arkansas, but I don't like Nutt. I do like Tuberville because he wants a playoff system instead of the BCS. But, I don't really like Auburn otherwise. Still, congrats to my Arkies relatives tonight.

afs
10/7/2006, 07:59 PM
The Yankee lost.

TUSooner
10/7/2006, 08:01 PM
Congrats to your daughter for her first goal! Always exciting for a parent. Hooray for the Tigers knocking out NY, too.

I suppose I'm happy about the other football stuff. Tulane, with what they went through with the hurricane last year, you've got to be happy that they even still field a team. I'm at a toss up over whether I'm happy about LSU losing. I'm one of the few people here who liked Bo Pelini and our 12-0 2004 and a trip to the national championship game. And, whether or not you like Les Miles, he took a crappy program and beat us with it twice when we really needed wins.

Auburn - yeah, I'm glas they lost. I've got family from Arkansas, but I don't like Nutt. I do like Tuberville because he wants a playoff system instead of the BCS. But, I don't really like Auburn otherwise. Still, congrats to my Arkies relatives tonight.
That was certainly not my daughter's first goal, by the way. ;)
And my LSU hatin is just an irrational part of me that I've had forever. It's sharpened by the fact that I went to Tulane, which once was LSU's rival, back in the day when Tulane had a competitive program (1930s?) :D

Actually, Auburn losing doesn't really thrill me that much, since OU didn't take advantage of it.

Okla-homey
10/7/2006, 08:31 PM
That was certainly not my daughter's first goal, by the way. ;)
And my LSU hatin is just an irrational part of me that I've had forever. It's sharpened by the fact that I went to Tulane, which once was LSU's rival, back in the day when Tulane had a competitive program (1930s?) :D

Actually, Auburn losing doesn't really thrill me that much, since OU didn't take advantage of it.

Yes, it must all be kept in perspective...

But, I do not appreciate folks around the country relishing in OU's defeat. I can't put my finger on it, but there is a palpable disdain for the Sooners around the country and quite frankly, it p1$$es me off.

There is no finer man in the game than Bob Stoops and notwithstanding some boneheaded stunts (which I wish to note for the record) by the former players of which we do not speak, did not involve firearms or violence.;)

In retrospect, we still have a good team who will post wins and we should all hold OUr head-up high.

Look, it's tough to lose to those syphllitic bastages in Northern Mexico, but sh1t happens. I'm wearing Sooner gear to work on Monday because I'm Sooner-born by gawd.
BTW, the pokes got their a$$es handed to them by KState. heh.:D

BEAT IOWA STATE!

See ya at the tailgate biznachos.