PDA

View Full Version : You know what...it's not a big deal we lost.

SoonerStormchaser
10/7/2006, 07:26 PM
If it were last year, and I was still an OU student, I would have been ****ed.

But now that I'm in the Air Force (and finally got my commission), it really puts things in perspective.

Guys, plain and simple, it's just a game. I mean, unless you were stupid and bet on this game, your life will go on just like mine. Think of everyone who are overseas right now. Think they care about this other than for morale? I know I wouldn't.

We all know the sun will rise again tomorrow...at least you guys aren't living in San Antonio (I'm now at Randolph AFB waiting for my Nav school to start) and will hear about this for weeks. But you know what? I don't care!

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2006, 07:30 PM
Yup. Randolph is a nice base, enjoy it.

makeiteight
10/7/2006, 07:30 PM
first of all...the air force has it way easier at randolph. i know, i was there in 2004. second of all, you're a dumbass...its a huge thing when OU loses.:texan:

SoonerStormchaser
10/7/2006, 07:31 PM
first of all...the air force has it way easier at randolph. i know, i was there in 2004. second of all, you're a dumbass...its a huge thing when OU loses.:texan:

Really? Did your life come to an end? If so, good riddance, n00b!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 07:33 PM
I have never seen a bigger meltdown over losing to a Top 5 team :P

makeiteight
10/7/2006, 07:33 PM
no...cause ou didn't lose when i was at randolph. we won 12-0. and you can call me sir, 2nd lt!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 07:35 PM
That 12-0 year included a loss to Puke State though ;)

soonercody
10/7/2006, 07:37 PM
Congrats on your comission.

If you ever think about joining the military, the Army is still lookin' for a few good men.

Cody.

US Army 1990-1993

makeiteight
10/7/2006, 07:39 PM
yeah...but we played for a championship. which we wont this year...unless texas lets down their guard(like they do every year against osu or tech).

makeiteight
10/7/2006, 07:40 PM
oh, by the way. take all the sims at randolph very seriously...thats where your class standing comes from.

TUSooner
10/7/2006, 07:40 PM
Actually, this loss hurt worse than last year because I didn't expect us to win last year. I thought we had a great chance to turn Pony McWuss into the second coming of Chrissy Simms, but we utterly failed, and the second half was especially disgraceful.

jrsooner
10/7/2006, 08:43 PM
We all know the sun will rise again tomorrow...at least you guys aren't living in San Antonio (I'm now at Randolph AFB waiting for my Nav school to start) and will hear about this for weeks. But you know what? I don't care!Congrads on your commission. BUT that being said, I need to put in my two cents worth here. I lived in SA after graduating from OU. My folks retired to SA because of the AF medical facilities. I'm here in Houston.

Yes, it's only a game. Yes, I'll wake up and go to church in the morning with my family same as always. I will also be wearing my OU shirt same as always.

Football is a big thing here in TX. It's what they live on. As such if you actually live here (with family and all) and not temporarily assigned to a base - it does affect you somewhat. When your neighbors are all Horns or Raiders, you just can't leave it at the office. Your elementary school age and up kids will take a ribbing for a few weeks at the least, especially since they are in the minority.

When I was a military brat, it was easier, because we all were from different regions so we all had different teams that we cheered for. But when you are not constantly shifting "regions" because of your work and in the same area, "neighborly" rivalries do continue.

Finally, would your commanding officer just want a "mediocre" performance from you, or does he want your best effort? In the non-military world, if you aren't performing, you get canned. Our coaching staff should be held to the same standards. I recall the words of my bro-in-law last summer. He retired from the Navy as a Commander. He then realized that if he got an idiot under him at his new job they could be fired. Most of the people "belly aching" here on the board, just want our team to not have a "mediocre" performance, and if they are remove them.

birddog
10/7/2006, 08:45 PM
our d line looked small.i never really heard ruf's name, seemed like he was getting blown away every down.

OUinFLA
10/7/2006, 09:17 PM
our d line looked small.i never really heard ruf's name, seemed like he was getting blown away every down.

cause ut's line is REALLY BIG

TXBOOMER
10/7/2006, 09:17 PM
Congrats on your comission.

If you ever think about joining the military, the Army is still lookin' for a few good men.

Cody.

US Army 1990-1993

The Few Good Men would be the The Few The Proud The Marines. OOh Rah! Semper Fi! F*** texass!

SanMarcosCASooner
10/7/2006, 09:46 PM
Randolph is for ROMOS. WWW.VOIDGAME.COM

Lots of butt$ex goin on at randolph. You in on it?

birddog
10/7/2006, 09:50 PM
Randolph is for ROMOS. WWW.VOIDGAME.COM

Lots of butt$ex goin on at randolph. You in on it?

you've got problems.

BASSooner
10/7/2006, 10:02 PM
Hats off to both teams. Congrats to texas giving themselves 100% out there and OU (exluding the 2nd half mix-ups) There were bad calls obviously but still that was a well-played game and a good game. However, this game was good for us though, because it shows us of where we stand and what exactly we need to work on. From personal preference (call me NickZepp if you want, I do not mind), things need to change. Like, back in the old ways of Stoops. We may not have Mangino, Leach, Mike Stoops, or Chuck Long as well, but we can still be successful as these guys were. We just need to use the RIGHT schemes on both sides of the ball but most importantly, the RIGHT PLAYERS to play. I don't mean to be harsh but everytime I watch OU play, of course I get excited, but it's just not the same. It does not seem as if it's a Stoops-type team. These guys are really good and have potential to be better, don't get me wrong there. I just think that there are other ways that we can use them and make the team even better. Sorry if you guys are confused or anything. What I am trying to say, pretty much is, we need to go back to the old ways of playing ball, offensively, defensively, and quality players.

soonercody
10/7/2006, 10:07 PM
you've got problems.
Yup. Not cool.

birddog
10/7/2006, 10:11 PM
wait dude, you negged me because i said that dude had problems.

soonercody
10/7/2006, 10:13 PM
I thought I negged him and spekked you.
I was agreeing with you birddog.

birddog
10/7/2006, 10:14 PM
i hear ya. no biggie.

T_Boner
10/7/2006, 10:14 PM
Actually, this loss hurt worse than last year because I didn't expect us to win last year. I thought we had a great chance to turn Pony McWuss into the second coming of Chrissy Simms, but we utterly failed, and the second half was especially disgraceful.

i agree, and it's not just the loss, it's the trend and direction

soonercody
10/7/2006, 10:15 PM
Sorry 'bout that birddog. I'll send ya a make-up spek!

Texas Golfer
10/7/2006, 10:46 PM
Guys, plain and simple, it's just a game. We all know the sun will rise again tomorrow...at least you guys aren't living in San Antonio (I'm now at Randolph AFB waiting for my Nav school to start) and will hear about this for weeks. But you know what? I don't care!

If you don't care, get off the boards and quit calling yourself a fan.

As for having to hear about this for weeks, I live closer to Austin than you do and I have OU license plates on my cars.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 11:04 PM
I don't think he said he didn't care, what he was saying is that the sun will come up tomorrow and all of this fire so and so bench so and so stuff will still rage on. I will take Bob Stoops over texas anyday of the week and anybody he coaches or plays. We have players selfless like PT, we have a top 5 running back recruit who switched position rather than whine and complain in D.J. and just a nice collection of young men.....Texas has a corner who drives around Austin with a gun in his lap(thank God, his one game suspension showed him!!!)

Sooner98
10/8/2006, 12:04 AM
Sorry 'bout that birddog. I'll send ya a make-up spek!

Make-up spek? That's the best kind of spek! Don't miss out on the make-up spek![/Seinfeld]

XUS-KCAM
10/8/2006, 12:11 AM
OK............I"ve have abouy 200 beers and you know what............

tex"sex with farm animals" still

SUXXXX

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 01:04 AM
This and OU football are not about your current plight in life...

SoonerStormchaser
10/8/2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks Blue for the negspek...anyone else have anything enlightening to add?