PDA

View Full Version : Aren't we happy

85Sooner
10/7/2006, 06:39 PM
that we were the home team and all the recuits that we got to invite to the game (probably being recruited by Texas also) got to see us stink up the field and Texas celebrate. Got to see AD probably out of the heisman race, will see us probably go to a third tier bowl game. boy this was a great day huh:mad:

soonersweetie
10/7/2006, 06:42 PM
yep, forgot that we had the recruits on the sidelines. Oh happy day :(

soonerhubs
10/7/2006, 06:48 PM
Relax... I think we'll be fine. Remember the recruits kept coming to Texas for five years in a row, so I doubt it'll be a problem for us. Besides, maybe we can get some scrappers in there who don't have as many stars until their Sophomore year of college coming out party.

Widescreen
10/7/2006, 07:14 PM
Relax... I think we'll be fine. Remember the recruits kept coming to Texas for five years in a row, so I doubt it'll be a problem for us. Besides, maybe we can get some scrappers in there who don't have as many stars until their Sophomore year of college coming out party.
This WILL negatively impact recruiting. The only reason we got the Petersons and Bomars to come was because we were beating Texas. Since we're not doing that anymore, don't expect the best Texas players to be crossing the border anytime soon. Remember, we've got some guys who grew up UT fans that simply came to OU because of the perceived better coaching and better opportunities for championships. What are we going to tell the Texas recruits now?

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 07:31 PM
It's funny because everyone is ****ed that we have primadonna 5 star recruits and now we are ****ed because we might miss out on some primadonna 5 star recruits

soonersweetie
10/7/2006, 07:39 PM
good point gandalf, didn't quite think of it that way. Then again sane logical thoughts aren't occupying my mind this evening. I think it has something to do with that evil orange team that resides in austin.

OKC-SLC
10/7/2006, 07:41 PM
I am TOTALLY ok with getting a few less 5* recruits. I want some 3 stars that are pizzed.

Snrfn4ever08
10/7/2006, 07:42 PM
This WILL negatively impact recruiting. The only reason we got the Petersons and Bomars to come was because we were beating Texas. Since we're not doing that anymore, don't expect the best Texas players to be crossing the border anytime soon. Remember, we've got some guys who grew up UT fans that simply came to OU because of the perceived better coaching and better opportunities for championships. What are we going to tell the Texas recruits now?
I agree with most of this, but I for one, don't want anymore Bomars. I almost feel at this point like we need to get a team like our 2000 team that wasn't the most talented, but felt like they were out on a mission. Our players now feel like they're too entitled. We need to get more of the guys who lack, even if just slightly, in physical talent, but are smart and have heart, like Heupel.

makeiteight
10/7/2006, 07:43 PM
texas is too stacked with recruits. we'll get ours still. what about the coaching and playcalling? not the recruiting.

BudSooner
10/7/2006, 08:56 PM
Damn straight!

1stTimeCaller
10/7/2006, 09:03 PM
some of you people crack me up. 85, you've done nothing but bitch all day. Most of those kids are recruited by both teams and each year they get to see one team lose and another win. Could we have played better? Yes.

SanMarcosCASooner
10/7/2006, 09:50 PM
AD will be #5 in the voting, but he'll get a trip to NY. More than most.

Recruits are not impressed, but hopefully our cheerleaders blew them last night.

www.VOIDGAME.com

SOMEBODY POISONED THE WATERHOLE.

Rogue
10/7/2006, 10:02 PM
San Marcos CA,

Dude, you need to chill out a little bit on the venom. Seriously.

Rogue

Hublah
10/7/2006, 10:54 PM

Bomar was a GREAT recruit!!! He jumped the border already...and only after two years!!! :)

Widescreen
10/7/2006, 11:17 PM
I think a couple of you are missing my point. I'm not advocating for Bomar. But does anyone doubt he was the highest profile QB in the nation his Sr year? What I'm saying is, we won't get that caliber of player out of Texas in the near future.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 11:20 PM
You mean we will be stuck with Hillbillies from Tuttle...or "I don't really know whats" from North Dakota?!!!!

Cr@zySooner
10/7/2006, 11:23 PM
I don't think we'll get any high profile player in a while if our coaching staff doesn't improve. Hate to say this but, the next few years playing sexaT, we will not fair good without a good QB or RB.

Widescreen
10/7/2006, 11:28 PM
You mean we will be stuck with Hillbillies from Tuttle...or "I don't really know whats" from North Dakota?!!!!
Still not getting it. I give up.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 11:33 PM
I am just saying would you rather have low caliber White or Heupel...or Bomar? Would you rather have Dusty Dvoracek or Demarcus Granger? Would you rather have D Strait or Some top DB? I am just saying OU needs to assess the talent on how they will fit our scheme and not how their profile looks.

1stTimeCaller
10/7/2006, 11:47 PM
I am just saying would you rather have low caliber White or Heupel...or Bomar? Would you rather have Dusty Dvoracek or Demarcus Granger? Would you rather have D Strait or Some top DB? I am just saying OU needs to assess the talent on how they will fit our scheme and not how their profile looks.

I agree with you but I do take exception for you saying that White was a low caliber recruit. You may want to revist that one.

I do get and agree with your point though. That kid from Louisiana was a helluva HS prospect at QB too.:mad:

AwaySooner
10/8/2006, 12:18 AM
In 2000, I think the only player came to OU from Texas is Derrick Strait, he wasn't even recruited. Guys like Josh, Torrance, Andre, Roy, Dan Cody are not from Texas..

stuckinlubbock
10/8/2006, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey

I don't know whats in North Dakota ... but I have no problem with quarterbacks from SOUTH Dakota!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/9/2006, 06:43 AM
All Dakota's look alike to me!