PDA

View Full Version : Blame!!!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 06:18 PM
http://www.oaklandunwrapped.org/images/southpark-simple-econ.gif

It's not so important that we help those people....what is most important now...is who are we going to blame

:pop::pop::pop:

Rogue
10/7/2006, 06:19 PM
I blame the Horns for being better than us today!

SoonerBorn68
10/7/2006, 06:21 PM
I blame me. I tried to break in a new jersey today. :(

RJSooner
10/7/2006, 06:26 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics14/200/YW/YWQSTQEBOVZKDPW.20060301205947.jpg

Mix it up FFS!

TripleOption14
10/7/2006, 06:26 PM
I blame the Horns for being better than us today!

There you go Rogue..... If you were in Columbus right now i'd buy you a beer!!!!! We just got beat by a better team today!!

The real sad part of this that everyone is forgetting is the fact that AD just played his last RRS!!! Not for sure i know but come on..... after this year being the way that it is..???

FlatheadSooner
10/7/2006, 06:28 PM
Penalties.

Penalties.

Penalties.

Not tackling.

Penalties.

soonerloyal
10/7/2006, 06:28 PM
My husband dragged me out of Oklahoma, kicking and screaming days before last year's RRS.

I told him my a** is back HOME for the game next year. Stupid Florida.

SOONER44EVER
10/7/2006, 06:32 PM
Penalties.

Penalties.

Penalties.

Not tackling.

Penalties.

Poor clock management right before the half.

Penalties.

Not using Reggie on offense.

Penalties.

The inability to cover receivers.

JohnnyMack
10/7/2006, 06:43 PM
TO Margin

Penalties

Overrunning almost every running play in the 1st quarter

Inability to get pressure on McCoy in the 3rd quarter

soonercody
10/7/2006, 08:09 PM
Were the horse-pic mascot abortions there?
I think they are full of bad mojo.

sooneron
10/7/2006, 08:12 PM
Chuck Long-like play calling in the 2nd half. Let's hammer AD into the middle of the line. Yeah! That'll work!

101sooner
10/7/2006, 08:22 PM
PT didn't deliver. Tough game.

The plays were there, PT just didn't connect.

There's a lot of football left. I think he'll get better.

Rogue
10/7/2006, 08:27 PM
To be fair to PT, the INTs were in desperation minutes of the game and there were several dropped balls today.

sooneron
10/7/2006, 08:27 PM

I agree that Paul could have played a better game, but the oline false starts/holding calls killed us more than any over thrown pass. There were also some blatant drops by the TEs and receivers.

T_Boner
10/7/2006, 08:33 PM
I agree that Paul could have played a better game, but the oline false starts/holding calls killed us more than any over thrown pass. There were also some blatant drops by the TEs and receivers.

I remember a whole lot more off throws, than receiver drops. There is a lot of blame, but it's really...Penalties, TO margin, and both lines getting F'd.

trwxxa
10/7/2006, 08:38 PM
Poor clock management right before the half.

Penalties.

Not using Reggie on offense.

Penalties.

The inability to cover receivers.

The two fumbles in their territory didn't help. Especially the one by Iglesias in the fourth quarter.:mad:

101sooner
10/7/2006, 08:48 PM

Take away some of those mistakes, and the game is closer. Most likely, the game goes down to the wire.

If PT plays a great game, OU wins.

If Colt plays a bad game OU wins.

Colt stepped up. PT didn't.

UT's freshman QB outplayed PT today. OU needs great QB play to beat teams like Texas. There is a ton of football left, but PT just didn't get it done today.

OUinFLA
10/7/2006, 09:02 PM
My husband dragged me out of Oklahoma, kicking and screaming days before last year's RRS.

I told him my a** is back HOME for the game next year. Stupid Florida.

Dont blame me :eek:
I wore all my OU hats today, both forwards and backwards.

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/7/2006, 09:05 PM
I don't blame the refs at all.....I think this is a knee jerk reaction from all of the crap that has happened in the past.

Lack of execution on both sides of the ball

sooneron
10/7/2006, 09:09 PM
Take away some of those mistakes, and the game is closer. Most likely, the game goes down to the wire.

If PT plays a great game, OU wins.

If Colt plays a bad game OU wins.

Colt stepped up. PT didn't.

UT's freshman QB outplayed PT today. OU needs great QB play to beat teams like Texas. There is a ton of football left, but PT just didn't get it done today.
If if if!!!

Colt had a fantabulous 100 yds of passing. Blaming this game on PT, is ridiculous. There is PLENTY of blame to go around.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2006, 09:10 PM
Dont blame me :eek:
I wore all my OU hats today, both forwards and backwards.But you didn't put your lucky corn cob up your a$$.

ClintonSooner
10/7/2006, 09:21 PM
I BLAME USC '04!!!

seriously we have lost all swagger and chips on our shoulders since then...:mad:

sooneron
10/7/2006, 09:24 PM
I swear if I hear swagger one more time. This game starts with execution and sticking to assignments, with that, comes success and confidence. Then, comes the ****ing s word.

Miami had a ****load of ****ing swagger on the Louisville logo last month. I want ****ed off and playing smart.

1991SOONER
10/7/2006, 09:39 PM
I BLAME USC '04!!!

seriously we have lost all swagger and chips on our shoulders since then...:mad:

And why is that? Because of defense. '04 was leftover Mike Stoops players. Did great against average teams, but when playing great teams, that defense needed some leadership.

I'm telling you guys, its all in the D leadership!!!

ClintonSooner
10/7/2006, 09:42 PM
OUr d was incredible that year, forgetting last game, but we shalacked a lot of teams, and texass had a great o and d, but that was the only "close game" except you know when...but I think we were just so shocked, I'm not saying losing Mike had anything to do, which most likely did

SanMarcosCASooner
10/7/2006, 09:43 PM
Brent Venables. Next to Go. Selling cars on the magnificent mile.

southern sooner
10/7/2006, 09:46 PM
All coaching problems falls back to one place, it all stops with the head coach, just like when we were killing texass they all blamed Mack... I wanna see Stoops get more involved in defense....

MissouriSooner
10/7/2006, 09:46 PM
It's coaching. Bob and Mike and Brent took a bunch of guys who were recruited by Blake and won the NC with them. They played harder and smarter than the other guys, culminating in a total domination of a very good FSU team that had the Heisman winner at QB. It's coaching.

1991SOONER
10/7/2006, 09:50 PM
All coaching problems falls back to one place, it all stops with the head coach, just like when we were killing texass they all blamed Mack... I wanna see Stoops get more involved in defense....

Well, you are right except Stoops needs to get the best in the business and not just keep promoting his friends. Thats why 2000 was so successful. But Stoops will never let these guys go. It goes back to the old saying....its not what you know, its who you know...

crimson&cream
10/7/2006, 10:04 PM
It's coaching. Bob and Mike and Brent took a bunch of guys who were recruited by Blake and won the NC with them. They played harder and smarter than the other guys, culminating in a total domination of a very good FSU team that had the Heisman winner at QB. It's coaching.
Just how many Flakey Blake recruits started against FSU in the Orange Bowl, and if some did which I'm sure is the case what position did Flakey have them and where did they end up playing for Stoops.
6 turnovers and 11 penalities is what beat us today.

goingoneight
10/7/2006, 10:05 PM
My P.O.V. from section 26, row 60, seat 29...

1st half:

Came out with a little fire, but only a spark. Missed tackles on defense AND special teams hurt badly.

DJ getting burnt again, is it just me, or do we look to coaches to tell CB's to stay their @sses on the freakin assigned man??? I don't know, I only played CB... Maybe my coach didn't have me blitz even when not called to do so.

Officiating sucked... to be fair, it wasn't Oregon succ.. It sucked for both teams...

Stop criticizing playcalling and putting KW and CL against eachother, KW actually tried something different... it's not his fault Texass didn't give up and let AD walk all over them. PT looked primed, but let the pressure get to him later on... he'll be okay. You can't expect a guy to perform better under circumstances where your team is giving up points and the officiating is helping to bury you... AD looked good, but he was overcome with weak blocking and a stacked DL on him. Jermaine Gresham, looked awesome, definitely gonna be a good target as time progresses. The offense was there for a maximum of 21 or 28 points, but officiating robbed us once and butter fingers robbed us in the red zone. We were great individually, but flat as a unit.

Defense is supposed to be the decider of games, we had sparkly moments, but overall was the same old tired no tackling sh!t. If I'm Bob, my blood is boiling at this.

I would say lack of execution is a 25% blame (blocking, tackling, etc.), 50% was a great opponent's defense... you all may realize that Gene Chizik is the real deal now and not some Torbush kinda joke Mack picked up from the block. The other 25%, was laying down and dying. I'm as ****ed off as any Sooner Fan by now with bad officiating, but bad officiating only buried us. We were already getting beat.

OU is gonna need to make some monster coaching changes or player changes or something because we ain't keeping AD (Iknow he's not a DL, smart asses :D) with this mess of a team, and we don't have any fifth-year seniors under center in 2007. We're gonna need a dynamite defense or something to keep us alive, for real. I wouldn't count on a "great OU defense" from BV and BJW, mediocre at best. Promises, promises, equal aggy defense. I've seen better defensive units in Thursay night games with D-2 schools. Just sayin', things have gotta change. I know with Stoops, they normally do, but change to good and change to great are different things.

I know Stoops and Co are capable of greatness, the team they inherited in 1998 was terrible. He got them in shape, got good talent and depth in place, and all of a sudden, we were on track to titles.

Brent has obviously done something right to be ranked every year in defensive polls, so I'm not ripping him or wanting him fired like a lot of Sooner Fans. He does great in LB coaching and has a good pressure unit usually*. But the secondary, the game preparation, the general confusion we see every game... that tells me we need a better guy coordinating it all. Flame away, I really don't care at this point...

1991SOONER
10/7/2006, 10:16 PM
But the secondary, the game preparation, the general confusion we see every game... that tells me we need a better guy coordinating it all. Flame away, I really don't care at this point...

I really don't think its Stoops. But you hit a chord here....the secondary. OU has not been very good at defending against the pass these last 2 or 3 years. What did UT do after the half, they started passing because we were doing a good job of shutting down their running game. But it all goes back to defensive coaching in my opinion. We need to be good at defending the run AND the pass.

Granted, our O line is still young, but to blame this all on AD and PT is rediculous.

Lets face it, UT coaching owned OU coaching today...bottom line

soonercody
10/7/2006, 10:23 PM
BJW is a great recruiter and Mike Stoops coaches the hell out of some linebackers.

Their units aren't getting it done this year for whatever reason.
DJ gets burnt often. Dood is not as fast as the #2 or #3 WR on most teams, let alone Sweed who has that extra gear. He needs help all the time and leaving him in man coverage is just asking to get burnt, even by a frosh QB who can recognize it and throw the ball deep enough for Sweed to run under.

Texas Golfer
10/7/2006, 10:27 PM
Penalties.

Penalties.

Penalties.

Not tackling.

Penalties.

Don't forget turnovers.

Texas Golfer
10/7/2006, 10:28 PM

I agree. Their freshman QB outplayed our senior QB.

Br33zE
10/7/2006, 10:31 PM
First I blamed the refs (that wore off quick)
then I blamed the team (that kinda wore off)
then I blamed our coaches (that wore off, Stoops is AWSOME)

Put my OU shirt back on, lifted my head, and went to WallyWorld to buy Madden 07 (Ha, to get my mind off of football)...now I blame all of these flavor of the weeks that are sportin the Texas shirts around. I counted six in a half empty small town Wal-Mart. There was old ones, young ones, big ones, small ones. I'm back to where I was before the game...TEXAS SUX, MACK BROWN SUX, TEXAS FANS (especially WannaBees) SUCK. I love OU, no matter what. Through Blake and thin. Go Sooners!!!

Texas Golfer
10/7/2006, 10:32 PM
I don't blame the refs at all.....I think this is a knee jerk reaction from all of the crap that has happened in the past.

Lack of execution on both sides of the ball

I do. They called PI on us for pushing off before the ball was thrown and allowed their reveiver to push off right before the ball arrived for their TD.

They called the fumble on AD when he had full control when the ball hit the ground. The ground cannot cause a fumble (unless it's against OU).

The screen pass was not a lateral for UT's final TD.

We got hosed once again! I'm afraid it has become a pattern. If the replay official isn't going to call the plays correctly, they need to scrap the replay system.