PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Longhorn Lurkers

soonercody
10/7/2006, 06:07 PM
The better team won today.
Texas looked crisp from the beginning, made very few mistakes, great halftime adjustments, and exploited several OU mistakes.

You'll hear lots of complaining about officiating here today, but not from me.
Clearly pass interference calls were inconsistent, but not enough to make a difference in the game.

Your young gun QB looks good. And I have more good news for you.
This is almost certainly the last year you'll have to face Adrian Peterson.

Wanna trade defensive coordinators? Offensive lines?

Rogue
10/7/2006, 06:10 PM
Yup. Congrats.
Both teams got away with a few holds, but OU could not seem to line up and wait for the snap, on either side of the ball. We made several mistakes and it could be said that we beat ourselves. We didn't. The Longhorns won this game.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 06:11 PM
Now that they don't have to play us again, they might trade O-Lines, because next year...not so good

BoonesFarmSooner
10/7/2006, 06:16 PM
Texas defense was far more physical....

I still don't see a lot of weapons on the offensive side of the ball. They (UT) are the best team in the Big 12 this year, but I don't think that's saying a whole lot.

soonersweetie
10/7/2006, 06:18 PM
It's tough for me to say, but yes the better team won today.

soonerhubs
10/7/2006, 06:19 PM
Now that they don't have to play us again, they might trade O-Lines, because next year...not so good

That O-line for Texas is amazing, and I give them tons of props for that. Good Game, and Good Team.

That said,
Can I still hate Texas?:D

soonercody
10/7/2006, 06:20 PM
Can I still hate Texas?:D

You Better!

bexar county horn
10/7/2006, 06:21 PM
Texas looked crisp from the beginning, made very few mistakes, great halftime adjustments, and exploited several OU mistakes.

Clearly pass interference calls were inconsistent, but not enough to make a difference in the game.

Thanks cody:Helluva game.If this indeed is AD's last year,i am one happy camper.That kid is hands down the best rb to come out of texas in years.

56-39-5
Texas defense was far more physical....

I still don't see a lot of weapons on the offensive side of the ball. They (UT) are the best team in the Big 12 this year, but I don't think that's saying a whole lot.
i said the same thing on a thread earlier this week. whoever won this game would likely run the table. not saying much at all. shame on the rest of the conference. and by the way, you guys were much better than the score. i think you abandoned some good options (see my thread).

BermudaSooner
Cody,

Not sure how you can say they were clearly the better team. We outgained them by 331 - 237, and held their QB to 100 yards passing. They were clearly better at waiting for the snap count and clearly better at receiving excellent breaks in the game, but they weren't clearly better all around. This game could have gone any way based upon the breaks received.

soonerloyal
10/7/2006, 06:23 PM
I saw a lot to respect on the orange side in this year's game. Composure, communication, cohesion. The Texas defense was sharp, the offense took advantage of every opportunity they had, and those we gave them as well.

McCoy seemed more relaxed than I thought he'd be, but it wasn't his play that impressed me as much as their entire team staying focused on the job at hand. Coverage was consistent, the assignments were given and handled well.

I'm not going to waste time thinking about the officiating either. If people are upset about some of the calls, I suggest that we not put ourselves in the position where those calls would matter.

I'm still nauseous. Still a screaming nutcase Sooner fanatic as usual though...

soonerhubs
10/7/2006, 06:25 PM
What was the Texas O-line like when Simms was there? I already know our D-line smashed the heck out of them, but just wondering about that.

mustangsooner
10/7/2006, 06:29 PM
Tuck fexas. They still suck. They are not the better team just we played like **** today. ANY OTHER DAY WOULD HAVE CLIPPED THERE HORNS:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BigEasySooner
10/7/2006, 06:34 PM
Tuck fexas. They still suck. They are not the better team just we played like **** today. ANY OTHER DAY WOULD HAVE CLIPPED THERE HORNS:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thats "their" not "there".

Being a poor sport is one thing. But being illiterate while being a poor sport is just plain silly.

FlatheadSooner
10/7/2006, 06:36 PM
Colt played very well. He is officially a threat.

We knew UT OL and DL were good and it showed.

We shot OUrselves in the foot with penalties.

PT and receivers showed consistent skills but got desparate.

Defense kind of stunk..........again.

I wish we would have used our TE's more across the middle.

Any hope that AD will be disgusted enough to stay another year?
Wishful thinking.

josh09
10/7/2006, 06:45 PM

i agree good game tejas. BUT we did have sucka** 2nd half, because remember, we were up at halftime.

but anyway, great job.

crawfish
10/7/2006, 06:46 PM
You still suck.

But, congrats on the win.

;)

soonercody
10/7/2006, 06:50 PM
We got some breaks too, we just failed to capitalize on them.
Sure we outgained Texas, but not by much if you don't consider the last 4 or 5 minutes, when the game was clearly out of hand.

We had a very good 2nd quarter, and didn't take advantage of every opportunity even then.

Props to texas for stopping us when the needed to and moving the ball against us when they needed to.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/7/2006, 07:00 PM
Cody,

Not sure how you can say they were clearly the better team. We outgained them by 331 - 237, and held their QB to 100 yards passing. They were clearly better at waiting for the snap count and clearly better at receiving THE USUAL excellent breaks in the game, but they weren't clearly better all around. This game could have gone any way based upon the breaks received.Ding Ding, the correct answer, right here.

delhalew
10/7/2006, 07:12 PM
Congrats. The longhorns did the most important thing in a game like this. They played all four quarters and remembered their fundamentals.

I'm gonna go puke now.

zeke
10/7/2006, 07:28 PM
They played harder, hit harder with more consistancy than we did.
Less mistakes and as bad as I hate it they coached better.

Rogue
10/7/2006, 07:31 PM
I've always thought that play-calling was overrated.
Our coaches might take a hit on preparation and our team being so mistake-prone but it comes down to execution. Texas did, we didn't.

Ruuuuuufus
10/7/2006, 07:46 PM
hey are not the better team just we played like **** today. ANY OTHER DAY WOULD HAVE CLIPPED THERE HORNS

Matt Leinart is that you?

makeiteight
10/7/2006, 07:52 PM
texas has the same caliber athletes as OU. OU has coaching problems, execution problems, tackling problems, etc.

sooner13f
10/7/2006, 08:05 PM
Congrats to the horn fans....Sorry I got a little sick.

With all the b*&ching on this board right now I would like to say the guys played hard. There wasnt that much seperation between the teams. The horns played liked the expected to win. They hit harder the whole game. Our D played pretty good in a game they need to play better to win.

I really wanted the Sooners to win since it was going to be the last game I would see before deploying to Iraq. I really enjoyed the game and know without a few turnovers (Caused by nice UT hits) OU was in this game all the way.

The Sooners need to find a way to get their meaness back, it just feels like they are going through the motions without a lot of passion. (Sorry I cant believe I wrote that) I think it is a mental part that they are missing. Maybe they lost it after the UO game.

Rogue
10/7/2006, 08:13 PM
That "swagger" has been missing since the game of which we do not speak.

Scooter
10/7/2006, 08:14 PM
How many successful drives did Texas have in the first half? One? I though OU had all the momentum going into the half. Texas had two solid drives in the 3rd quarter. I never expected that. Was it coaching?

sooner13f
10/7/2006, 08:19 PM
How many successful drives did Texas have in the first half? One? I though OU had all the momentum going into the half. Texas had two solid drives in the 3rd quarter. I never expected that. Was it coaching?
No I dont think it was coaching. Several things come to mind. AD fielded a kickoff that would of went out of bounds and pinned us back. Field postion played a big part on both the start of the first and second half. You cant start inside your own 20 all the time against a team like Texas. They played good field positon game like we did for so many years.

sooner13f
10/7/2006, 08:20 PM
That "swagger" has been missing since the game of which we do not speak.
Thats right Rogue. I didnt want to use that word "swagger' since everyone seems to love it so much.....

sooneron
10/7/2006, 08:25 PM
Congrats, but not to texas lurkers. If you don't have the balls to come on here before the game, then don't come here now. That's gutless.

I wish we executed better today, but texas won. They just won. I won't bitch about calls etc.

I hope you lose every game.

:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/7/2006, 09:02 PM
I still think Stoops is a better coach than Mack, but I also believe that Mack has a better coaching staff as a whole. That being said, great games Texas; I wish we could have given you guys a better game, but maybe next year I guess. I was and have been very impressed with the physical play of the Texas D and am very envious of it (who would have ever thought this under Stoops?) Anyway, a sincere congratulations going out to the horns.

mustangsooner
10/7/2006, 09:18 PM
Thats "their" not "there".

Being a poor sport is one thing. But being illiterate while being a poor sport is just plain silly.

Kiss my ***.

SanMarcosCASooner
10/7/2006, 09:44 PM
Texas kicked the **** out of OU today. We looked weak. Scared in the 2nd half. Stoops must've slipped them some mickeys at halftime.

www.voidgame.com

soonercody
10/7/2006, 11:13 PM

mojohornfan
10/7/2006, 11:30 PM
Classy thread...did not expect to see it. Hell of a game and a tough loss for OU.

I've always had much respect for AD and today I really felt sorry for him because I know he's had a rough life. I can't wait to start cheering for him in the pros...he deserves it and I HOPE it starts next year. Hell of a running back!

Defense won it for UT guys, plain and simple. Sure, you had some yards, but the defense tightened when it needed to. That's football.

Don't worry, you guys will be back. Where there are fans like you guys, there will always be a good football team! Good luck the rest of the year.