PDA

View Full Version : Allergy Related Question

SCOUT
10/7/2006, 01:23 AM
My allergies have been KILLING me this year. I was taking Claritin like they were tic tacs for a while. I finally went to the Dr. and they prescribed a couple different things to help me. My Dr. also said that I should look into an air purifier. I asked what kind and she carefully evaded the question.

Has anyone tried an Ionic Breeze type purifier before? Any other suggestions for an air purifier?

BajaOklahoma
10/7/2006, 03:47 AM
We have an Ionic breeze. I don't really think it was worth it. Especially since we have a Hepa filter on the furnances. The Hepa filter is a better deal, though more expensive to start.

This is a horrible year for allergies. Period.
Are you using a nose spray of any sort?

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2006, 03:49 AM

You apparently are correct.
I just got over a pretty bad sinus cold, and my allergies have been unreal for awhile.

TavistD has actually worked better than anything for me.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2006, 04:04 AM
Been nasty here too with the pine pollen and such. On top of that there has been tons of smoke in the air from controlled burns. I have been putting out enough snot to feed a very large Stoolwater family.

rabidsooner
10/7/2006, 07:18 AM
I have an Ionic Breeze, and I really like it (enough to buy a 2nd one!).
There may come a time that it buzzes all the time (like a bug zapper). I cleaned it out with a air compressor and it stopped. The Ionic Breeze takes a LOT of impurities out of the air. When I come in my office in the morning it smells like fresh spring air.

I haven't had much luck with Hepa anything.

Widescreen
10/7/2006, 07:44 AM
Has anyone tried an Ionic Breeze type purifier before? Any other suggestions for an air purifier?
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1566664&postcount=23

handcrafted
10/7/2006, 10:09 AM
This year has been teh succ for allergies. I have 2 ionic breezes and they are awesome. HEPA filters in the HVAC are a nice idea but they only filter when the system is running. Trouble is, when allergies are at their worst is when the weather is mild, so in most cases the A/C isn't running, hence, no filtering.

Go with the ionic breezes, you will not be sorry.

SCOUT
10/7/2006, 11:22 AM
We have an Ionic breeze. I don't really think it was worth it. Especially since we have a Hepa filter on the furnances. The Hepa filter is a better deal, though more expensive to start.

One of the prescriptions was for Nasonex.

Thanks for the comment everyone.

OCUDad
10/7/2006, 12:34 PM
I have been putting out enough snot to feed a very large Stoolwater family.And the winner of this month's "Too Much Information" award is... Flag! :eek:

StoopTroup
10/7/2006, 12:38 PM
Been nasty here too with the pine pollen and such. On top of that there has been tons of smoke in the air from controlled burns. I have been putting out enough snot to feed a very large Stoolwater family.
Do you tupperware that stuff for them or do you use a freezer bag and then deep freeze it for them for when they run low. :rolleyes:

:pop:

Soonrboy
10/7/2006, 01:51 PM
You need to eat some honey *the kind bees make*...make sure it is local honey, though, honey.