PDA

View Full Version : If OU had played....

dougsooner
10/6/2006, 01:16 PM
Sam Houston St. instead of Washington (who, as it turns out is better than everyone gave them credit for), and North Texas (who lost to Mid. Tenn. St. by 35) instead of UAB? Or added Rice to our schedule....Our "stats" would make us look better than the pukeorangers. I hear alot of pukeorangers touting the national stats as why they will win this weekend.... Give me a break: They have played 1 game against a good team and they had to get a homer ref. call to even score in that game. Big games do not = pukeorangers -vy.

fadada1
10/6/2006, 01:23 PM
they suck.

The Maestro
10/6/2006, 01:55 PM
And let's not forget that Ohio State was playing 9 new starters for the first time on the road. Ohio State's schedule so far is littered with big name programs and make it appear to be more impressive than it really is. Texas, Penn State and Iowa. Texas had a rookie QB, the same for Penn State who also got whipped at Notre Dame and then Iowa has a returning QB but not much else on offense, as was proven by needing overtime to win at Syracuse.

TrophyCollector
10/6/2006, 01:58 PM
tOSU defense is #37 in the nation, they are 16 yards per game better than the Oregon *ucks.

Who is the last legit (meaning still at the end of the season) team who got held to 7 on their home field by anyone???

TexasLidig8r
10/6/2006, 02:04 PM
Then how about this stat.. this Saturday you will be playing your first opponent whose defense is ranked in the top 25 in defending the run per game.

TrophyCollector
10/6/2006, 02:07 PM
Then how about this stat.. this Saturday you will be playing your first opponent whose defense is ranked in the top 25 in defending the run per game.

Which is most likely because they played us. We'll see if the whorns are still in the top 25 after Saturday.

1991SOONER
10/6/2006, 02:28 PM
I like this stat the best....total touchdowns scored by Texas against a top 25 team = 1

Remember, points wins games not yards:rolleyes:

Ash
10/6/2006, 02:38 PM

Your run D is ranked high, perhaps rightfully. But your passing defense is one of the worst (going by the numbers, mind you) we'll have faced this year - yes even ranked lower than UAB. Now, before you respond by asserting that these are meaningless numbers for whatever reason - remember the numbers game you played in your first post.

:rolleyes: :twinkies:

Ash
10/6/2006, 02:40 PM
I like this stat the best....total touchdowns scored by Texas against a top 25 team = 1

:D

A-M
10/6/2006, 02:42 PM

I'm not sure why you find it necessary to come to our board and talk to us. Can't you get anybody on your own board to talk to you?

dougsooner
10/6/2006, 02:50 PM
Lid: Sorry but you just made my point for me. Your defense is ranked in the top 25 because of the Extreme weakness of the teams you've played. We have played teams that are much better, thus preparing us for this game. Your boys are used to pushing around Sam Houston St. That ain't gonna be so easy this weekend.

The Maestro
10/6/2006, 02:53 PM
Lid, the answers about both teams will come flowing in tomorrow in a big way.

Are the horns stats based on opponents played or talent?
Is CM/PT a legit QB?
Was texas last year about VY's talent or team talent?
Is OU getting better each week and does a win over texas prove their worth on the national stage?

We could think of about 50 more for each team. I'm tired of talking. Time to make the Bloody Mary's in the morning and find out which team is more like their fanbase hopes they are.

TexasLidig8r
10/6/2006, 03:10 PM
We could think of about 50 more for each team. I'm tired of talking. Time to make the Bloody Mary's in the morning and find out which team is more like their fanbase hopes they are.

I'll drink to that.. and.. I have been.

The Maestro
10/6/2006, 03:12 PM
I'll drink to that.. and.. I have been.

See you back here Saturday night or Sunday. I could be dead wrong and if I am I'll be more than happy to admit it.

But if I am right, you'll be hearing from me to.

Good luck to the horns...in the Holiday Bowl. You should know the directions.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/6/2006, 03:20 PM
But your passing defense is one of the worst (going by the numbers, mind you) we'll have faced this year - yes even ranked lower than UAB.

[Herr Schlitz] But, if our shut down corner hadn't shown his thugness before the tosu game we'd be top 10 [/Herr Schlitz]

TXBOOMER
10/6/2006, 03:26 PM

You guys can build good stats against North Texas-Sam Houston-Rice-Iowa State. TOSU didn't seem to have much of a problem moving it. OU will have a big day in the air if you guys stack it up and AD will move it in the late stages of the game. It will be a close game but you miserable pukes act like you own us after winning one of the last six. Get real it will be a great game.

TexasLidig8r
10/6/2006, 03:35 PM
OU will have a big day in the air if you guys stack it up and AD will move it in the late stages of the game. It will be a close game but you miserable pukes act like you own us after winning one of the last six. Get real it will be a great game.

Why? Did you have a real quarterback transfer in suddently? :D

And now Gentlemen.. it's time to begin the festivities. For those coming in town, have a safe trip.

oh Maestro.. it will be more like Monday afternoon for me... too much to do post game and on Sunday... but win or lose.. will be here to continue to brighten your day and bring sunshine and intellectual discourse to this board.

Ash
10/6/2006, 03:53 PM
[Herr Schlitz] But, if our shut down corner hadn't shown his thugness before the tosu game we'd be top 10 [/Herr Schlitz]
:D

RooseveltRoughRider
10/6/2006, 03:59 PM

Ummm....here is a stat

Total Touchdowns by Oklahoma vs. Texas since AD has been at OU 2!!!!:pop:

Partial Qualifier
10/6/2006, 04:02 PM
An anomoly... he basically sat the game out last year due to injury.

Weak.

RooseveltRoughRider
10/6/2006, 04:07 PM
An even better stat.......

How many points has Adrian Peterson scored in his career vs. TEXAS.......... the answer is NONE!!!

Ash
10/6/2006, 04:08 PM
Ummm....here is a stat

Total Touchdowns by Oklahoma vs. Texas since AD has been at OU 2!!!!:pop:

Hey, Rumpwrangler is back!

One of those games also included a shutout of one of the teams. So you can stick that stat right back where you pulled it out.

Ash
10/6/2006, 04:10 PM
An even better stat.......

How many points has Adrian Peterson scored in his career vs. TEXAS.......... the answer is NONE!!!

I gaurantee you he doesn't give a f*ck as long as he gets the W, and neither do Sooner fans.

jwlynn64
10/6/2006, 04:12 PM
Which equals the same number of TDs that Texas scored on us the year that AD actually played against your team.

FlatheadSooner
10/6/2006, 04:20 PM
And let's not forget that Ohio State was playing 9 new starters for the first time on the road. Ohio State's schedule so far is littered with big name programs and make it appear to be more impressive than it really is. Texas, Penn State and Iowa. Texas had a rookie QB, the same for Penn State who also got whipped at Notre Dame and then Iowa has a returning QB but not much else on offense, as was proven by needing overtime to win at Syracuse.

Hmmmmmmm. Good points!
:)

The Maestro
10/6/2006, 04:53 PM
AD is 1-0 vs. the horns. If you count him as a player in last year's game, good for you.

And I am pretty sure his freshman performance gave him more yards rushing in one game than cedric benson had in his entire career against OU.

AD, as it stands, has one fewer touchdowns in the series than Teddy Lehman, but that may change tomorrow. Of course, he also has as many TD's s tfrw did in his four years at texas.

rainiersooner
10/6/2006, 05:19 PM

Let me get this straight:

1) Our point: "Your stats don't mean anything because you've played terrible teams."

2) Your counterpoint: "Our stats say we're ranked in the top 25."

Son, your objection is overruled.

TrophyCollector
10/6/2006, 05:26 PM
The key stat to this game:

OU's QB in big games against ranked teams: Good to Very good performance on the road.

ut's QB in big games against ranked teams: confused, unsure, frustrated, mistake prone and overall a very **** poor 150 yards out of the Greg Davis horizantal passing game.

PT wins this game either by making the plays himself, or backing off the D and giving AD room to shred.

olevetonahill
10/6/2006, 05:35 PM
Yall show a little mercy to the :texan: s
let em enjoy their delusions of grandeur for a few more hrs :cool:
Naw nail the bastages :D :D :D

noobalicious
10/6/2006, 05:37 PM
Some media story was touting Colt McCoy's 2nd-in-NCAA completion percentage and I was like duh he doesn't complete anything beyond 5 yards and rarely throws it longer than that anyways.

I hate this stupid rush defense stat. 32 yards a game or what. FIRST...Texas has played crappy teams. Of course they're going to hold them to barely any rushing yards. OU's starters held MTSU to negative rushing yards. You don't see us throwing that in your face. SECOND...when teams are getting blown out, they tend to pass. As far as I can tell, they have blown out all these crap teams so I'm pretty sure those teams were trying to pass most of the time. But congratulations on that stellar performance Saxet.

The good team they played - tOSU - put up 99 yards which is more than triple the average so if that tells you anything. Besides they probably could have put up more but they had such an easy time passing to a wide open Gonzales.

The way I look at it...tOSU gave up 186 yards rushing to UT, which isn't all that great but their defense held when it counted. In addition McCoy was held to 154 yards passing and was flustered. I think that the key to success isn't necessarily stopping the run, but forcing long 3rd downs (6 or more yards) every once in awhile and putting the game on McCoy's shoulders in that respect. If we can force 1-2 3rd and longs per UT drive before field goal range...I think OU is in good shape.

r5TPsooner
10/6/2006, 05:38 PM
UT blows!

WASOONERFAN
10/7/2006, 01:43 AM
Well said!!

GreaterState
10/7/2006, 04:18 AM
I gaurantee you he doesn't give a f*ck as long as he gets the W, and neither do Sooner fans.

Provably untrue. If only I could quickly link to somewhere ... some kind of, board perhaps, where obsessive fans sat around and typed endlessly about exactly that kind of crap...

stoopified
10/7/2006, 08:43 AM
Lid, the answers about both teams will come flowing in tomorrow in a big way.

Are the horns stats based on opponents played or talent?
Is CM/PT a legit QB?
Was texas last year about VY's talent or team talent?
Is OU getting better each week and does a win over texas prove their worth on the national stage?

True dat.

Ash
10/7/2006, 09:17 AM
Provably untrue. If only I could quickly link to somewhere ... some kind of, board perhaps, where obsessive fans sat around and typed endlessly about exactly that kind of crap...

blah blah blah blah blearrrgh...kettle meet pot...blah blah blah bleargh