PDA

View Full Version : Vaseline and a child's hair know er about ers

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 10:29 AM
How do you get it out of a 14 month old's hair?

And the bathroom rug?

And the cabinets?

And the dog?

:mad::mad:

10/6/2006, 10:30 AM
heh

Howzit
10/6/2006, 10:30 AM
How big is your warshing machine?

10/6/2006, 10:31 AM
http://www.pte.state.id.us/iest/esimages/firehose.JPG

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2006, 10:31 AM
i'll bet there's a 1-800 number on the jar, or on their website, give em a call

curiuos......is it true they have pictures of missing gerbils on vaseline jars?

10/6/2006, 10:33 AM
STEP 1: Take a paper towel and blot as much of the Vaseline from the hair as possible onto the paper towel. Do not rub as this can damage the hair. Blot and pat carefully.

STEP 2: Apply a little cornstarch or cornmeal powder (do not use baby powder as it can be harmful to the lungs) to the sections of the hair that contains the Vaseline. Blot or pat the cornstarch onto the hair. Again, do not rub. Make sure that the entire area of Vaseline is covered with a light amount of the cornstarch or cornmeal powder.

STEP 3: Once the hair has been completely covered step into a warm, not hot, shower. Apply a good clarifying shampoo to the palms of your hand and then apply to the hair.

STEP 4: Shampoo twice to make sure that all the cornstarch and the Vaseline are removed from your hair.

STEP 5: Rinse with warm water until clear.

STEP 6: Apply a good rinse out conditioner to your hair. This is important since the two applications of clarifying shampoo will tend to dry out most hair.

STEP 7: Rinse well and do a cool or cold water final rinse.

STEP 8: Towel blot hair. apply detangler, pick out tangles and then let the hair air dry.

If all the Vaseline is not removed during the first treatment, do another treatment in 24 hours. That should successfully eliminate all of the Vaseline residue.

Why do you have to use cornstarch or cornmeal powder? The cornstarch binds with the Vaseline and allows it to be carried out of the hair by the shampoo. Without a binding agent (like cornstarch or cornflower) the Vaseline just remains attached to the hair cuticle.

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 10:34 AM
After I find the jar, I'll let you know.

And 12, my thoughts exactly. There's never a two-inch preconnect just lying around handy when you need one.

crawfish
10/6/2006, 10:34 AM
I hope you made sure to get pictures.

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 10:35 AM
Scissors. I need scissors. :mad:

JohnnyMack
10/6/2006, 10:40 AM
Pictures. We need pictures. :D

TexasSooner01
10/6/2006, 10:41 AM
How do you get it out of a 14 month old's hair?

And the bathroom rug?

And the cabinets?

And the dog?

:mad::mad:

Giggle! doesn't sound as bad as my experience with nail polish! Good Luck!:D

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 10:44 AM
Apparently, it's just barely in the child's hair. Her hair was wet, and I assumed it was vaseline (since every other square inch on said child is covered in vaseline).

Now, I'm off to clean a bathroom.

Osce0la
10/6/2006, 10:58 AM
It can't be easy to carry a baby covered in vaseline...:D

I laughed all the way through this thread...I could just see me walking into the room to find my son and everything else covered in vaseline :D Thankfully we do not have vaseline at our house...

crawfish
10/6/2006, 11:03 AM
Pictures. We need pictures. :D

Honestly...you want photo documentation of these life moments. They come in handy when the kids get older. :D

SoonerJack
10/6/2006, 11:42 AM
best.
thread.
evar.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/6/2006, 11:49 AM
One time, when I was about 11, I had about 37 pieces of Hubba Bubba bubble gum in my mouth when I fell asleep.

Very, very bad times...

I got it in my eyebrows...my earholes...you name it. My mom got it all off/out with olive oil. Breaks it right down...

I've got pics of this event at my Mom's...you guys need to see it.

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 12:26 PM
Honestly...you want photo documentation of these life moments. They come in handy when the kids get older. :D

In the heat of the moment, I wasn't thinking about pictures. I wish I had.

She's cute as all get out, even when slimed. :D

LoyalFan
10/6/2006, 12:32 PM
There are numerous methods of repairing the damage. The object here, however, should be the assured prevention of further destructive incidents.
With that in mind, I called a Pediatric Psychologist of my acquaintance and sought whatever counsel he might offer.
The good doctor, one M."Tito" Fartsec, uttered the following suggestions:

One: Call the hospital where the child was born and ask about their return policy.
Two: Call Planned Parenthood and tell them you've have a change of plan.
Three: Research the legalities of retroactive abortion.
Four: Cover the child in the dog's feces and observe and emulate methods used by the little darling to clean him/her/itself up. This both salves the dog's wounded feelings and, as well, makes you feel that YOU are once again in charge.
Five: (Before Dr. F. was able to impart the details, one of the guards in his cell block terminated the call. Judging from Tito's screams and the impact noises, I'd say he won't be available for further consultation for at least a month, and then only able to mumble through a wired jaw.)

Hope this helps.

Warmly,

L.Fan
Giver of advice and comfort.

crawfish
10/6/2006, 12:38 PM
I got it in my eyebrows...my earholes...you name it. My mom got it all off/out with olive oil. Breaks it right down...

On second thought, nah. That'd be wrong considering you were only 11 at the time. :O