PDA

View Full Version : Firefox know er about er type peoples

critical_phil
10/6/2006, 09:44 AM
scenerio:

some bloke we'll call "phil" visits a page and registers. when entering password info, firefox asks "remember/don't remember/not now".

suppose "phil" instructs firefox not to remember.

also suppose "phil" changes his mind some months later and wants firefox to remember because he can't keep all of his galdarn passwords straight.

is there a way to correct this?

tia.

leavingthezoo
10/6/2006, 09:48 AM
first we'll need the page address and password.

:D

whatsername
10/6/2006, 10:05 AM
I think you can fix that, but I just can't remember how.... did you look in options? I don't have Firefox at work, so I can't look.

JohnnyMack
10/6/2006, 10:18 AM
Hit the side of your monitor with a hammer.

Widescreen
10/6/2006, 10:21 AM
Tools > Options > Privacy > Passwords > View Saved Passwords > Passwords Never Saved

Then find it in the list and remove it. It should prompt again the next time you access the site.

Don't ever say I didn't do anything for you. I mean, tell "Phil" not to say I never did anything for "him".

critical_phil
10/6/2006, 11:55 AM
Tools > Options > Privacy > Passwords > View Saved Passwords > Passwords Never Saved

Then find it in the list and remove it. It should prompt again the next time you access the site.

Don't ever say I didn't do anything for you. I mean, tell "Phil" not to say I never did anything for "him".
i found that, but couldn't fix the problem.

for whatever reason, i chose not to save my yahoo account password - and it's not on the Passwords Never Saved list.

firefox opens about 8 tabs going from yahoo.com to my personalized fantasy sports page.

ugggh.

Czar Soonerov
10/6/2006, 11:57 AM
Is it listed in your saved tab? If it is try deleting it, it should ask you again after that.

whatsername
10/6/2006, 11:58 AM
i found that, but couldn't fix the problem.
for whatever reason, i chose not to save my yahoo account password - and it's not on the Passwords Never Saved list.

Remove them all and start all over.

There are a few sites that for whatever reason, Firefox doesn't prompt me to save.

william_brasky
10/6/2006, 11:59 AM
just try a friggin' re-install, and go from there. shouldn't take any time at all.

critical_phil
10/6/2006, 12:00 PM
no, it's not under saved passwords either..

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/6/2006, 12:05 PM
Suprise!!! You are in a M NIght Shamalyan movie!! Soonerfans.com doesn't actually exist!

critical_phil
10/6/2006, 12:12 PM
**** it.

i'm gonna go get my hammer.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/6/2006, 12:25 PM
How can you get a hammer when you have been in a coma for 17 years...Phil!!

RacerX
10/6/2006, 04:11 PM
If you ever need to uninstall Firefox and do a clean install, let me know.

It's an exercise.