View Full Version : Angry UT writer ripping OU

OUmillenium
10/6/2006, 09:01 AM
Let this guy have it boys...

Oklahoma University exposed! By Beasel
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/10/06/6kelso.html

JohnnyMack
10/6/2006, 09:07 AM
These back and forth articles used to be funny. 15 years ago.

Bourbon St Sooner
yawn.

setem
WHAT A FAGGOT!!!

I say we send that ******* some death threats!

ADs_Agent
10/6/2006, 09:09 AM
send him an English book so he can actually write a decent paper

crawfish
10/6/2006, 09:09 AM
One of the less clever ones, definitely.

ADs_Agent
10/6/2006, 09:11 AM
I could eat a bowl of alphabets and crap out a better article.

critical_phil
10/6/2006, 09:16 AM
Imagine the president of a real university, like Harvard or Rice, or even Texas, writing a letter to try to change the outcome of a football game.

i'm sure this story is the writer's attempt to be clever. the only thing that really comes across is how ****ing superior people in the state of north mexico think they are. hey douchie, while we're imagining things, let's imagine what kind of meltdown would have insued if the exact same scenerio had happened to UT.

i'll eat my ****ing hat if that dude can tell me the difference between todd dodge and a dodge truck.

sooner94
10/6/2006, 09:20 AM
the worst thing you can do is respond to that tool. and its a pretty weak attempt anyways.

sooner518
10/6/2006, 09:23 AM
If you can use higher learning and Oklahoma in the same sentence. I suspect you can major in tattoos at Oklahoma.

Not that I agree with it, but tattoos are illegal in Oklahoma. I can excuse this little mistake in his article because finding this out would include the writer to, you know, research something.

Now, you do meet people sometimes from Oklahoma who have done time in prison. Often, they are named Daryl.
Interesting choice of names considering the name of their stadium, but I guess that guy did come from Oklahoma....

BoonesFarmSooner
10/6/2006, 09:32 AM
Santa writes one of these articles every year.

Same song, different verse...

sooneron
10/6/2006, 09:35 AM
Here is what this sad little tool looks like...

http://www.bbqfilm.com/public_html/images/john_kelso.jpg

Yeah, he's a real keeper.

sooner518
10/6/2006, 09:37 AM
This has many farking possibilities

EDIT - Took the picture down because it is located in the post above

And we're the rednecks?!?!

sooneron
10/6/2006, 09:40 AM
For a "writer", his shirt is grammatically incorrect.

OUmillenium
10/6/2006, 09:48 AM
Not that I agree with it, but tattoos are illegal in Oklahoma. I can excuse this little mistake in his article because finding this out would include the writer to, you know, research something.

Interesting choice of names considering the name of their stadium, but I guess that guy did come from Oklahoma....

Tattoos are now legal

sooner13f
10/6/2006, 09:50 AM
Sorry guys I know he gets his kicks off of Sooner fans writing about his "little articles" but I couldn't pass up the chance to chew this guy out.

The_Red_Patriot
10/6/2006, 09:51 AM
awww yes.

The first sportswriter from Clownpenis.fart

Rhino
10/6/2006, 09:52 AM
Geez guys, don't e-mail this retard.

It wasn't even real smack talk. He didn't even call us Gooners.

leavingthezoo
10/6/2006, 09:57 AM
if that's the best he could come up with at this time of year, i would indeed say he's run out of smack on oklahoma.

in fact, that smack doesn't even earn the ck. nothing more than sma.

1991SOONER
10/6/2006, 10:00 AM
I think its just sad and pathetic that people like this have to resort to bashing a schools academics just because we own them in football.

I graduated from OU. While its not the best university, it certainly is not the worst. Scholastic rankings are worthless. I judge a school based on the graduates. And *most* the OU graduates that I have worked with were top notch. And I have people from other schools tell me the same thing.

ADs_Agent
10/6/2006, 10:01 AM
wonder how many species of bird live in his beard?

Sooner47
10/6/2006, 10:08 AM
Every time this particular "writer" opens his mouth, the sum total of all human knowledge declines.

A-M
10/6/2006, 10:22 AM
The fact that he used the words "Harvard, Rice and Texas University" in the same sentence told me that he had no idea what he was saying. If Texas or Rice is the same as Harvard, then my juco BCC in Kansas is the same as Kstate and KU.

stoopified
10/6/2006, 10:51 AM
Why exactly is the University of Tejas located in A$$tin,North Mexico so arrogant?Could it be they are still upset over their failed uprising?Ut sucks.

Soonerus
10/6/2006, 10:54 AM
The guys admits in the beginning he is not a credible journalist...this article should be used only for potty training animals...

sooner13f
10/6/2006, 11:46 AM
Sorry guys I know he gets his kicks off of Sooner fans writing about his "little articles" but I couldn't pass up the chance to chew this guy out.
I recieved an email from this dork. He said is was just a funny article and had no amount of truth to it.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/6/2006, 12:13 PM
Why are we not a good school compared to Texas? Is it because we don't have as many fairies and hippies as them?

ADs_Agent
10/6/2006, 12:42 PM
last time I checked OU had more national merit scholars than any other public university

BoonesFarmSooner
10/6/2006, 12:47 PM
The fact that he used the words "Harvard, Rice and Texas University" in the same sentence told me that he had no idea what he was saying. If Texas or Rice is the same as Harvard, then my juco BCC in Kansas is the same as Kstate and KU.

Rice is damn close to Harvard in terms of academics. It doesn't have the prestige or reputation that Harvard does, but it's a damn good school and really hard to get into.

Texas is not Rice, that's for sure!

TrophyCollector
10/6/2006, 01:42 PM
"A friend from Oklahoma says that years ago, OU was known for graduating Iranian students from its school of petroleum engineering. The shah. Pshaw. You can see the connection. "

So in an condescending article about what a joke of an institution the University of Oklahoma is, one of your arguments is because Iranian students went to school there. Why is that an insult? Are Texas, Harvard and Rice better institutions because they don't have Iranian students? Or does being connected to the shah of Iran make for a substandard university?

It's OU-Texas week so I understand why you are insulting Sooners and Oklahomans, but why do you have to drag Iranian students into it?

I'll make sure to post a link to the article on as many Iranian student websites as I can find so they can evaluate and see your opinions.

Have a nice day.

horninokc
10/6/2006, 01:56 PM
The guys admits in the beginning he is not a credible journalist...this article should be used only for potty training animals...

No, he's not a jounalist. Doesn't pretend to be. He writes a humor/satire column for the Statesman three times a week and it is tradition that every year he rips Oklahoma the day before the game. The rest of the year his main target is yuppies invading South Austin, the city council, things like that.

It's satire, folks! I think he is hilarious most of the time.

devOUt
10/6/2006, 02:05 PM
"Of course I haven't spent much time in Oklahoma."

His next to the last sentence sums it up. He doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

LesNessman
10/6/2006, 02:07 PM
People,

I've lived in Austin for 15 years. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've heard "OU sucks". It's so laughable now. I didn't realize there were that many 5th graders left in this world.

Kelso has been writing the same stuff every year. It's what he is paid to do; heck he even admitted it in that column.

It's useless to get worked up over it.

Just take comfort in the fact, as I do, that you are a Sooner fan, and not a longhorn fan. And thank God for it everyday.

Believe me, it's the best thing you can do.

jdsooner
10/6/2006, 02:20 PM
Of course I haven't spent much time in Oklahoma. I've never run out of gas there.

And anyone who reads this article will know that John Kelso has yet to run out of gas!:cool: