PDA

View Full Version : Morning Routine

10/6/2006, 05:30 AM
So what do you do each morning?

I usually wake up around 2:00. I watch a little Three's Company until I fall back to sleep at around 3:30. At 5:00, I'm up for a quick e-mail and Soonerfans check. Then, its off for a 5 mile run.

A shower, hugs to the wife and kids, and a 4.7 mile commute later, I'm at work.

Off for the run...

soonercody
10/6/2006, 05:41 AM
Take the dogs out for a quick pee, smoke a cigarette.
Something to munch on (today it's Smart Start), watch some news or check out a couple quick websites, SSS (****, shower, shave), then it's off for an 8 mile commute to work via some very windy and narrow hilly back roads.

Once at work, now that we have the coffee-pot timer and a secretary who can remember it the night before, it's JAVA-time!!!

SoonerBorn68
10/6/2006, 05:43 AM
My day ends at 6am. I usually get up around 2-4 depending if I can get to sleep. I fire up the laptop & check SF & my email. I usually call Mrs. '68 to catch up on her day. Since this job is close to town I'll go just to get away from the rig.

Most of the time I walk for a mile or so on the back roads around the location, but I messed up my foot. I'll be back exploring the Atoka countryside as soon as it feels better.

Chuck Bao
10/6/2006, 06:56 AM
I wake up about 2-3am and check my emails for overnight work stuff. After taking care of that, I check on Wall Street close and oil prices and SF and some other boards, while listening to CNN or CNBC and then go back to bed for another couple of hours and get up a second time at 6am. Read the local newspapers and head off to work by 7:30am. The trip to my office on a motorbike takes only about 15 minutes.

picasso
10/6/2006, 08:02 AM
I sleep.

TUSooner
10/6/2006, 08:17 AM
Up at 5:05. Shower (usually :) ), drink coffee, grab something - anything -for breakfast, check email, read the Upper Room and the Daily Office Lectionary (It's the Bible; someday some of it might actually sink in!). Pray (I kid you not.) Read Homey's History and maybe some more SF.com stuff, check the weather, investigate inane morning trivia (never mind), walk the dog, make sure the girls have lunch and everybody knows the Plan Of the Day for later, go pick up my neighbor lady and drive us downtown to work. During the day, I gradually forget the Bible and the prayers and act like an a$$hole. Not really, but sometimes sorta - ask wf.

Okla-homey
10/6/2006, 08:50 AM
I had a "Texas Sux" beer

JohnnyMack
10/6/2006, 09:03 AM
Got up with the boy and fed him at 6. Held him til he fell back asleep. Then I showered, took the dogs out (gave the little one his medicine) and off to work.

Osce0la
10/6/2006, 10:01 AM
Wake up at 6:15, get dressed, get the boy up and fed and get him dressed for daycare, come to work.

I'm a boring person, what can I say.

slickdawg
10/6/2006, 10:03 AM
My morning solely depends on how slickdaughter did overnight.

She woke up at 1 this morning, and wouldn't go back to bed. Alleriges.
She got them honestly.

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 10:23 AM
So what do you do each morning?

I usually wake up around 2:00. I watch a little Three's Company until I fall back to sleep at around 3:30. At 5:00, I'm up for a quick e-mail and Soonerfans check. Then, its off for a 5 mile run...

When I lived in College Station, I used to get up at 5:15 and wait for my neighbor to go on his usual 5 mile run and then go pee in his yard. :D

10/6/2006, 10:25 AM
Your neighbor was fat and lazy when you lived here.

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 10:27 AM
I'm actually proud of "him" for running.

I just started back and I ran 4 miles the other day. The Tulsa Run (15k) is in November and I'll be ready for that.

proud gonzo
10/6/2006, 11:16 AM
what the crap is wrong with all of you?

Boomer.....
10/6/2006, 11:26 AM
I wake up around 6:30, quick work out at my little gym at home, shower, eat something, 5 mile commute to work, and I am there by 8 am.

handcrafted
10/6/2006, 11:35 AM
what the crap is wrong with all of you?

We are old, so can it, whippersnapper. :D

handcrafted
10/6/2006, 11:43 AM
The alarm goes off at 5am, some mornings I make it up by then, sometimes it's more like 5:30. SSS, email+innerweb news check, grab brefus if I'm hungry, then hit the 27-mile commute to work. Sit in construction zone on I-35 for half an hour on the way.

Get to the office in time to get a decent parking space. We have one of those timed coffee pot thingies and our office manager is ritualistic about setting it, so I come in, grab the java, and spend a little while reading the Bible I keep at my desk and/or one of the related books I have on my shelf. I don't pray enough; I'm trying to improve in that category.

I figured it up, and during a standard morning routine, about 1/3 of the time allotted is spent driving. :mad:

whatsername
10/6/2006, 11:52 AM
My alarm is set for 6am, but most mornings I wake up on my own between 5:30 and 6am. I don't think my alarm actually went off all week.

Anyway.... I get up and make sure my son is up and getting ready for school so he can be out the door by 6:50 to catch the bus. While he's getting ready, I'm usually on the computer.

Then I get ready for work, let the dog out, pack my lunch, and then drive 15 miles to work.

Nothing exciting or especially fun. And definitely no working out! Ugh.