PDA

View Full Version : Some people become wHorns by default

Okla-homey
10/5/2006, 10:28 PM
I sit next to this guy in Family Law class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The prof mostly lectures, eschewing the Socratic Method. If she used it, it would require a person to pay attention lest they be called on to explain a case or something.

Anyhoo, this leaves time to talk with your neighbors while a couple of the shrews in the class go off on some rant about how "all men are pigs and and marriage merely legitimizes rape, etc."

But I digress. The guy I sit next to is commonly known as "Longhorn Greg." He's from texass but ain't really a wHorn. I asked him today how he became known as Longhorn Greg. He told me that last year, a bunch of people just assumed he was a wHorn because he's from texass, so he decided to go with it for laughs.

I told him he was sick and twisted.

That is all.

sanantoniosooner
10/5/2006, 10:32 PM
That reminds me of when they used to call Pat a ladykiller.

GottaHavePride
10/5/2006, 11:01 PM
The prof mostly lectures, eschewing the Socratic Method. If she used it, it would require a person to pay attention lest they be called on to explain a case or something.

OK, I wasn't sure I remembered right, so I did a search for the Socratic Method, and this article: http://www.garlikov.com/Soc_Meth.html came up.

The guy attempted to teach third-graders binary arithmetic using the Socratic Method as an experiment. It took him 25 minutes. Freakin' awesome.

sanantoniosooner
10/5/2006, 11:07 PM
The guy attempted to teach third-graders binary arithmetic using the Socratic Method as an experiment. It took him 25 minutes. Freakin' awesome.
White.

Nerdy.

GottaHavePride
10/5/2006, 11:08 PM
Why you gotta be a hater? ;)