PDA

View Full Version : Little Brown-y Foo Foo: OU v. Texas Predictions

soonerboy_odanorth
10/5/2006, 07:33 PM
Little Brown-y Foo Foo, went hoppin' throught the Cotton Bowl, scoopin' up the Sooner fans and.... boppin' 'em on the head!

And the good fairy Corso said... "Now little Brown-y Foo Foo, I don't want to see you, scoopin' up the Sooner fans, and boppin' 'em on the head. If you do... I'll... turn you into a Gooner!

So goes the children's song, and now that we're two-n-two with one loss and one shoulda-been-a-loss, so will go this Saturday, I'm afraid.

Let's break it down:

Texas OL v. OU DL: Take a look at the beef on that Texas offensive line. Those cows can indeed jump over the moon. Our DL have played all year like they've lost their sheep, and I don't think Mr. Brent Venables is capable of helpin these Peeps find them. I don't know how or why they play out of position and can't seem to find the gaps they are supposed to be covering, but it is alarming given that plays right into the strength of the Texas offense. Advantage: TU

Texas RB's v. OU LB's: This will be the matchup because our LB's haven't gotten so much as a bowl-o-poridge in help from our DL. So they are going to have to track down those Texas RB's. And if you ask me, our Bozworth...err... Butkus candidate has played a little more like that Horner kid... you know... alone in a corner. That is to say he has been out of position consistently, too. Latimer can't do it by himself. And both of them could use some help out of burnt hot cross buns (Nic Harris) in the nickel package. Be a whole bunch of no fun watching Jamal Charles catch lob after lob over the top of Nic's head. Nor will it be fun watching Selvin Young finally get his runnin' through those arm tackles we seem to have plenty of. Because of their play, and not because of the relative talent... Advantage: TU

Texas QB&WR's v. OU DB's: We've got a couple of really great talents back there and absolutely -0- depth. Not to mention they either play too hot, or too cold... rarely just right. I think because of the lack of depth and our inability to rotate fresh talent on the field, that cat at QB is going to play us like a fiddle by the end of the game. Again, not because of talent, but because of the situation... Advantage: TU

OU OL v. Texas DL: Still a work in progress. We might have three men that can rub those tubs on the other side of the line... but we don't have a healthy or deep rotation of five. I think the talent here right now is actually tipping to OU's favor. True TU is big and athletic, but the Duke and his buddies have really started to come together pretty well. I'm not 100% sold on the quality of the Texas DL. Basically, it's very talented youth vs. suspect overall talent with championship experience. Advantage: Even

OU RB's v. Texas LB's: Little Boy Blue numbers won't have the advantage of hands-off like in the spring. But that won't matter. If he breaks through to that LB level, and I think he will some, he'll be blowing his horn All... Day... long. Advantage: OU

OU Q&WR's v. Texas DB's: Perhaps the most intriguing matchup of the day. OU's young guns are going to have to be nimble and quick to jump those candlesticks -n- firecracker in the Texas secondary. I think they get their three bags full. But there's an equal chance those TU DB's could smack one of our guys hard enough to send him wee-wee-wee all the way home. Advantage: Even.

Now this game would stand to be pretty close for a little while. But the way things have been going for us with the three blind mice on the field this year, I imagine we'll get a few more disappointments handed out by the zebras. I think they have a vendetta against Bob. That's never good.

Well, the bright spot is Friday night we'll get to kiss their girls and make them cry. But I think by the end of the day on Satuday after we've played ring around the rosey for a couple three quarters, in the end... it'll be ashes and we'll all fall down.

OU: 15
TU: 24

Soonerus
10/5/2006, 07:45 PM
OU 38, UT 12

tnraider1
10/5/2006, 07:45 PM
While I don't care for, or believe your prediction, very creative. Spek.

goingoneight
10/5/2006, 08:32 PM
Texas is teh succ ..

Clips 35
Claps 0

... Captain Morgan told me so...

OKC-SLC
10/5/2006, 11:28 PM
I was actually thinking we might score in this game, but odie has convinced me otherwise. We really should just focus on having a safe trip home.

TU 25
OU 0

The Maestro
10/5/2006, 11:34 PM
The college football world will FINALLY say what I predicted since VY announced he wanted to try and Wonderlic the NFL...the national title the horns won last year was ALL VY. Not great runners...not great OL...not big time playmakers. Just a bunch of really good players. Good enough to block long enough for VY to find a hole. Good enough to get open when everyone on defense was watching for him and forgot to cover their very average receiver. Good enough on defense to give up 500 yards, make one play all night and watch VY win them a national title.

Well, he's gone. Texas has a lot of really decent players. And Golden Corral has a bunch of really decent food. It's just not that great.

OU has the playmakers edge. Sunday morning Mack wakes up and wonders how he can find another Messiah. Greg Davis rears his typical head and the world is back to normal.

OU - 31
horns - 17

Ash
10/6/2006, 06:30 AM
I was actually thinking we might score in this game, but odie has convinced me otherwise. We really should just focus on having a safe trip home.

TU 25
OU 0

You're right. I hope Bob doesn't risk injuring our starters by playing them in this one. Hopefully, they can at least soak up some of the atmosphere.

ut 45
OU 00

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 07:45 AM
This is clearly a game we can use to get some freshmen and sophomores some reps so maybe they can be more competitive with Texas next year.

Since we can't win this year, I say we start looking forward to and getting ready for the '07 RRS.

NormanPride
10/6/2006, 08:05 AM
This is clearly a game we can use to get some freshmen and sophomores some reps so maybe they can be more competitive with Texas next year.

Since we can't win this year, I say we start looking forward to and getting ready for the '07 RRS.

I agree. Let's just pray nobody gets hurt. We've got to last until the Baylor game. :O

OUDoc
10/6/2006, 08:33 AM
http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/graphics/fullsize/ywsc_lg.gif

FlatheadSooner
10/6/2006, 09:50 AM
And Golden Corral has a bunch of really decent food. It's just not that great.
OU - 31
horns - 17

I like your prediction and I love the analogy. :D

Dan Thompson
10/6/2006, 10:12 AM
OU - 16
UT - 13

RedstickSooner
10/6/2006, 10:24 AM
Y'know, I would say that we should rest the starters to save them for '07, but this team of ours sucks so much, I don't think we'll be bowl eligible.

So, we should probably treat this the way the Pokies treat their game with us -- as our bowl game.

Accordingly, our primary goal should be to get the Seniors as much playing time as possible. I mean, c'mon - this is their last hurrah, y'know? Winning doesn't matter nearly as much as them being able to stock up on memories of playing in their last "bowl" game. I mean, it *is* the Cotton Bowl, right? Says so right on the stadium.

homerSimpsonsBrain
10/6/2006, 10:29 AM
Ahhhhhh.

All is now right with the world....

stoopified
10/6/2006, 10:37 AM
OU 23 ut 14

caphorns
10/6/2006, 10:48 AM
Texas wins. Score irrelevant. Wire cleared this morning. Goodbye until Monday.

ADs_Agent
10/6/2006, 10:57 AM
Zeppish cynacalism in the air today,
Peterson gets 400 APY and physically carries 3 UT DB's into the endzone twice.

OU 30 UT 13