PDA

View Full Version : Will the Tight Ends be a MAJOR factor?

FormerSoonerProf
10/5/2006, 05:35 PM
Is OU-TX the the game where the TEs become a major factor in the offense? How come PT has not used the TEs that much?

Also, I am worried that we might over-use AD and get him hurt.

I am having a hard time wondering abt the game... Cant wait until Saturday!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 05:40 PM
The tight ends will be a major factor whether they catch a lot of passes or not...because if they dont run block, especially against an 8 man front, then ou will have problems

mikeb
10/5/2006, 05:45 PM
I think it is going to be our game plan to get JJ and Gresh going early. But what do I know?

birddog
10/5/2006, 05:46 PM
we'll probably see alot of double tight to counter the texass front. i do think we'll see the tight ends catch a few passes over the middle to keep the linebackers from blitzing too much. our tight ends are HUGE and pretty athletic.

Blitzkrieg
10/5/2006, 08:34 PM
I'd pull them in, and go 1 on 1 with our big Wrs outside downfield. Refs in college suck, and call everything.

goingoneight
10/5/2006, 08:35 PM
Joe John has had several thrown his way and he's really come around this year as far as blocking is concerned. JG with the exception of a ripped off pass has done great otherwise... he just needs hearing aides...

FormerSoonerProf
10/5/2006, 08:38 PM
Joe Jon hasta come up big in this OU-TX game if he wants to go the Trent Smith route. He has the abilities... just needs the passion to go with it.

sooneron
10/5/2006, 08:56 PM
I think JG scores a td. again

bixby28
10/5/2006, 11:46 PM
i hope ENA will get the ball to Finley and Gresham (manchild). They are dangerous IF they can get the ball. I would split Gresham/Finley wide on Saturday and just throw it to them like J. White did to Clayton.

Pepper
10/6/2006, 12:15 AM
I recall that PT threw to the TE often in the game against UAB. Joe Jon had 79 yards in that game. I think early on PT was comfortable throwing to them.
As they continued to work in new formations, the Washington game they put Brodie Eldridge in the backfield to run in front of AD as an extra blocker.
So I think the tight ends will be a factor, but again not any more so than previous games. I say attack whatever area Texas does not defend. We have plenty of talent to do that.