tried to paste pic but can't.

anyway, 6'1", 213 lbs, 4.34 sec 40; not bad

it's between us and nebraska

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/5/2006, 06:28 PM
Plese pick us

KYHonorarySooner
10/5/2006, 08:35 PM
i've been looking at this kid... any idea why he is still at 3 star status? are they waiting for his "break out" year? this dude should be a 4 star based soley on his measures. they are off the charts. any inside info about him or how his season is going (grand prarie, tx i think)

The Consumate Showman
10/6/2006, 12:02 AM
he is favoring OU and Nebbish. We are still trying to get him, but it seemed like early on he was ready to commit and when we started looking at guys like Kirkendoll and Brooks, he went on to name Nebbish as a possible leader. It's an OU/Nebb race as we speak...I'm sure Blakey will be down there giving back rubs and telling him what a great person and football player he is...

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
10/13/2006, 11:33 AM
i've been looking at this kid... any idea why he is still at 3 star status? are they waiting for his "break out" year? this dude should be a 4 star based soley on his measures. they are off the charts. any inside info about him or how his season is going (grand prarie, tx i think)

He goes to San Antonio Lee and from the looks of the school roster he is only at RB for his SR year. Kid has size and speed....sounds like a kid we have right now :D

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
10/13/2006, 11:55 AM
Dam watched some video of this kid he looks GOOD. And he wears number 28 to boot. Cant find the website where I found video of him(had toooo many windows open at once and closed the wrong one), but I did see where he broke a long run. He looks alot more like a pure runner/sprinter than AD, he has very little to zero head wobble/movement when he is at full speed(as a true sprinter would), similar to the way Dickerson looked at full speed. But if you do some yahoo searches there is plenty of info on him. Almost 1000 yards in 5 games sounds good to me :)

Eielson
10/14/2006, 06:53 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=45046

Look at this kid!

melbitoast
11/12/2006, 12:51 PM
hey snowman, any updates on this kid?

RedStripe
11/12/2006, 10:51 PM
he visited this weekend and had a really good visit.

tommie15
11/20/2006, 11:07 PM
committed to Nebraska

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/20/2006, 11:11 PM
hmmm

Bill must be paying good ;)

tommie15
11/20/2006, 11:13 PM
hmmm

Bill must be paying good

whatever works ;)

chbrew09
2/6/2007, 02:27 AM
word is...he decommitted from Nebraska and will be signing with us on Wednesday. This would be a huge pickup/surprise for our class to finish it all off!

Hunyock
2/6/2007, 08:58 AM
word is...he decommitted from Nebraska and will be signing with us on Wednesday. This would be a huge pickup/surprise for our class to finish it all off!

That is what is being reported up here in Nub.

Damn:mad:

This kid is a good one. :(

StoneyBurk
2/6/2007, 10:33 AM
Yes Yes yes !!!!!!!!!!!!

SwitzerBlitzer
2/6/2007, 10:33 AM
Based on what I read on scout Lewis is a Sooner! Sounds like one of Callahans hillbilly rants helped him decide! Thanks Billy!:D

Boomer.....
2/6/2007, 11:47 AM
I just saw that he commited to OU.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=8&toinid=667&yr=2007

fwsooner22
2/6/2007, 12:11 PM
That is good news.....Welcome to the family Mr. Lewis

cb4ou
2/6/2007, 02:03 PM
How accurate is this really? Rivals does not show him as a commit. They do not even show Taylor as a commit. I will believe when the kid signs.

jdsooner
2/6/2007, 02:23 PM
Rivals has OU at high interest for Lewis and no interest in other schools.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=638411

Collier11
2/6/2007, 02:47 PM
He has committed to OU and will sign tommorrow according to Mr. Hale

Collier11
2/6/2007, 02:48 PM
I dont know if any of you guys heard this, but apparently Callahn found out a few weeks ago that Lewis was wavering and got rude with his momma. You arent gonna get many recruits if you are gonna be rude to their mommas, thats FO SHO!!!

Boomer.....
2/6/2007, 02:58 PM
I dont know if any of you guys heard this, but apparently Callahn found out a few weeks ago that Lewis was wavering and got rude with his momma. You arent gonna get many recruits if you are gonna be rude to their mommas, thats FO SHO!!!
Word!

OzarkSooner
2/6/2007, 03:19 PM

Knowing Callahan, he probably called the family "Flippin' Hillbillies" or something.

;)

Collier11
2/6/2007, 03:22 PM
Or worse....:eek:

Octavian
2/6/2007, 03:26 PM
big get for us....

if for no other reason than we depleted a position on the Husker depth chart that they badly needed to fill.

Welcome aboard, Travis.

Boomer Sooner

Octavian
2/6/2007, 03:31 PM
....and what kinda of guy loses his composure and blows up on a recruit's family?

seriously?

Even if getting this one back was an impossibility, a rude meltdown on a kid's parents will get out....and it will look bad.

Other conference schools will use it against them.....and it could potentially hurt Nebraska's future recruiting efforts for others kids.

Not smart....as it's been said a million times, the Nebraska program and fanbase can do better than BC.

soonerdave79
2/6/2007, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Octavian a rude meltdown on a kid's parents will get out....and it will look bad. [/QUOTE]

Especially if Mack finds out.

countysholar
2/6/2007, 03:43 PM
Let's see some proof that Callahan blew up. From what I've heard Lewis just got cold feet about coming that far from home and changed his mind. Nothing like changing your commitment the week of national signing.

tommie15
2/6/2007, 03:51 PM

Certainly goes against everything I've heard. Cosgrove visited Tuesday and sealed the deal, or so he thought. Lewis called Elmassian Thurs. and was wavering. After that, he never called back.

Our insiders say the rumor that Cosgrove may be going to the Vikings was played up by Stoops. That, and distance, led to the decommit.

He's a phenomenal athlete, whether or not he's a phenomenal football player remains to be seen, IMO. Congrats.

insuranceman_22
2/6/2007, 03:53 PM
Damn - I've been sick for two days & everything is changed! This Lewis kid has all the physical tools to be a stud. I think he wanted to compete for Big 12 titles, not just Big 12 "North" titles......

Collier11
2/6/2007, 04:06 PM
Let's see some proof that Callahan blew up. From what I've heard Lewis just got cold feet about coming that far from home and changed his mind. Nothing like changing your commitment the week of national signing.

Believe what you want, who knows what is true but here is a quote from James Hale
"Lewis, who committed to Nebraska back on Nov. 20, has been having second thoughts on the Cornhuskers for some time. Two weeks ago, this reporter was working off information that I obtained from sources around Lewis and asked him if he was wavering on his commitment, but he said no at the time. Then I called back a week and a half ago and again he said no.

However, as it turns out Travis was only telling the media that he was solid to Nebraska to keep the Husker staff from badgering him. When it became apparent to Nebraska that Lewis was making the switch to Oklahoma, Husker head coach Bill Callahan made some angry comments to Lewis' mother, which has basically sealed the deal for Oklahoma."

countysholar
2/6/2007, 04:20 PM
Good luck to Lewis. I'm sure he will do fine at OU.

Big Red Cop
2/6/2007, 04:26 PM
hmmm

Bob must be paying good

There fixed it for ya!! There are two sides to every story. Lewis' HS coach is quoted as saying that the NU coaches were very gracious towards not only him, but Lewis' family as well with regards to the decommit. Two sides to every story, The OU side, and the NU side. Who's is right, no one but a select few know.

OU-chaps0825
2/6/2007, 04:26 PM
I believe that Lewis will be a stud linebacker for OU and since we are on the subject of possible linebacker candidates, any word on Von Miller. I know that he was a soft verbal to A&M and he later visited OU. He has yet to commit and I am wondering if the Sooners have a shot at him.

Big Red Cop
2/6/2007, 04:34 PM
Just talked to Lewis' high school coach, Jimmy Ramos. Here's what he had to say about the player's decommitment:

"It's nothing Nebraska didn't do. It's a matter of getting close to the altar and being unsure of what you want to do.

"The Nebraska coaches were nothing but hospitable to my coaches here and to Travis' family."

However, "I'm not sure Travis thinks living that far from home was in his best interests."
(Comment #24)

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?title=stoops_swoops_in&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#comments

insuranceman_22
2/6/2007, 04:39 PM
Okay cop, we understand. Callahan is a gracious and nice man, care to bring up that quote he had about OU & their fans from a few years ago?

Big Red Cop
2/6/2007, 04:43 PM
We're not talking about what was said "a few years ago.." We are talking about what was said during the Lewis decommit. And have pretty much debunked the story that Callahan called up Travie's mommy and ripped her a new one!! That's not what his coach said happened. Listen, we get that you all don't like Cally, and as you know alot of people up here don't care for Stoops. Crazy isn't it??:eek:

Widescreen
2/6/2007, 04:43 PM
Believe what you want, who knows what is true but here is a quote from James Hale
"Lewis, who committed to Nebraska back on Nov. 20, has been having second thoughts on the Cornhuskers for some time. Two weeks ago, this reporter was working off information that I obtained from sources around Lewis and asked him if he was wavering on his commitment, but he said no at the time. Then I called back a week and a half ago and again he said no.

However, as it turns out Travis was only telling the media that he was solid to Nebraska to keep the Husker staff from badgering him. When it became apparent to Nebraska that Lewis was making the switch to Oklahoma, Husker head coach Bill Callahan made some angry comments to Lewis' mother, which has basically sealed the deal for Oklahoma."
If he got rude with anyone in Travis' family, that's wrong. However, if Travis was lying to people and not being honest with the Husker coaches, that's wrong too. I hate it when kids mislead coaches because that scholarship could go to another player and it really puts the team in a bind if the switch happens late (especially on national signing day).

Collier11
2/6/2007, 04:47 PM
. And have pretty much debunked the story that Callahan called up Travie's mommy and ripped her a new one!!

Of course his coach is going to say that, you havent debunked anything??? It may be true and it ended on good terms or it may have ended with Callahan being rude like ive heard. The point is that we will never know no matter what my insiders have been told or his coach has told you. Therefore, quit trying to act like Callahan has dipped his fingers in the Holy Water since his OU blow-up a few years ago.

Big Red Cop
2/6/2007, 04:49 PM
Better than selling your soul to Satan!!:D

insuranceman_22
2/6/2007, 04:52 PM
Thank you Collier......and just to put this here for the record. The Sooners like Cally. We love to play against his teams! Regular season, Big 12 title games...whatever...

Big Red Cop
2/6/2007, 04:57 PM
Better get a QB before we all play next year in the Big 12 CG. Keller will be doing just fine by the time that rolls around.

In truth, Lewis will be a great player for OU. Feel the same way about him, as I did when RS picked the Sooners. Lewis could literally play 4 positions on the field.

tommie15
2/6/2007, 05:01 PM
Of course his coach is going to say that, you havent debunked anything??? It may be true and it ended on good terms or it may have ended with Callahan being rude like ive heard. The point is that we will never know no matter what my insiders have been told or his coach has told you. Therefore, quit trying to act like Callahan has dipped his fingers in the Holy Water since his OU blow-up a few years ago.

What makes your rumor any better than his rumor? I believe he already stated that we will never really know what happened. Either way, Lewis really did put us in a bind during the dead period. Maybe we'll steal Love from Arkansas.

Big Red Cop
2/6/2007, 05:05 PM
And then we could thank OU for that!! (Getting Love). How crazy that would be.

Collier11
2/6/2007, 05:05 PM
Can you read??? I never said my rumor is better, I believe my exact quote is "It may be true and ended on good terms or it may have ended with Callahan being rude like ive heard. The point is that we will never know no matter what my insiders have been told or his coach told you."
\
Therefore what I was saying is WE will never know so quit trying to act like Callahan is some gracious and kind soul now

Collier11
2/6/2007, 05:06 PM
I think Keller will be good, it will be tough to pick up all of Callahans Offense in a year and a half but there is no reason that NEBRASKA shouldnt win the Big 12 north next year

insuranceman_22
2/6/2007, 05:12 PM
Honestly we've been searching for a QB for two yrs. The unspeakable is gone & PT, although a winner & tremendous leader, was not a good QB. We should be stronger in most places this year.

tommie15
2/6/2007, 05:19 PM
Can you read??? I never said my rumor is better, I believe my exact quote is "It may be true and ended on good terms or it may have ended with Callahan being rude like ive heard. The point is that we will never know no matter what my insiders have been told or his coach told you."
\
Therefore what I was saying is WE will never know so quit trying to act like Callahan is some gracious and kind soul now

I'd like to think I can read. At least I've been told I can. You posted your side of the rumor, BRC posted another - I'm not here to get into a ****ing match, so let's just drop it.

Harry Beanbag
2/6/2007, 05:25 PM
Better get a QB before we all play next year in the Big 12 CG. Keller will be doing just fine by the time that rolls around.

Better keep him away from the coke.

Collier11
2/6/2007, 05:38 PM
I'd like to think I can read. At least I've been told I can. You posted your side of the rumor, BRC posted another - I'm not here to get into a ****ing match, so let's just drop it.

Im not either, just asking ;) Thats why I posted both sides of the story

Big Red Cop
2/6/2007, 05:39 PM
Why?? I have heard he is more of a Pepsi man. He'll be just fine in Lincoln for the season.

tommie15
2/6/2007, 06:49 PM
Better keep him away from the coke.

Didn't seem to hurt Charles Thompson.

Harry Beanbag
2/6/2007, 06:53 PM
Didn't seem to hurt Charles Thompson.

Sure it did, you guys beat Charles Thompson. ;)

Scott D
2/6/2007, 07:07 PM
I think Keller will be good, it will be tough to pick up all of Callahans Offense in a year and a half but there is no reason that NEBRASKA shouldnt win the Big 12 north next year

it shouldn't be too difficult. Callahan will do the opposite of what he should do when it comes to a gameplan against a good team because by God, it's Cally's way or the Right way.

royalfan5
2/6/2007, 08:35 PM
I feel like I should post in this thread but I really don't have anything to contribute.

sooneron
2/6/2007, 09:00 PM
....and what kinda of guy loses his composure and blows up on a recruit's family?

seriously?

Even if getting this one back was an impossibility, a rude meltdown on a kid's parents will get out....and it will look bad.

Other conference schools will use it against them.....and it could potentially hurt Nebraska's future recruiting efforts for others kids.

Not smart....as it's been said a million times, the Nebraska program and fanbase can do better than BC.

Dood, it's a RUMOR.

Collier11
2/6/2007, 10:07 PM
Dood, it's a RUMOR.

Message boards wouldnt be around if not for Rumors

sooneron
2/6/2007, 10:15 PM
Message boards wouldnt be around if not for Rumors
Well, that's the word on the street.:texan:

Collier11
2/6/2007, 10:26 PM
my sisters-hair dressers-daughters-co worker told me that as well!!!

Scott D
2/6/2007, 11:07 PM
my brother's girlfriends cousin's nanny saw callahan yell at the kid behind the counter at 31 flavors so it must be true.

Octavian
2/6/2007, 11:43 PM
Dood, it's a RUMOR.

thanks, dood

Octavian
2/6/2007, 11:45 PM
I guess some people would just never believe that Bill Callahan would let his emotions get the best of him.

Yeah.

tommie15
2/6/2007, 11:54 PM
I guess some people would just never believe that Bill Callahan would let his emotions get the best of him.

Yeah.

Probably the same people who believe Stoops would never use a rumor to sway a kid his way.

Probably some truth behind both, IMO.

Octavian
2/6/2007, 11:56 PM
Probably the same people who believe Stoops would never use a rumor to sway a kid his way.

Probably some truth behind both, IMO.

Dood, it's a RUMOR.

Dood.

Dood.

Seamus
2/7/2007, 12:36 AM
d00d, will someone with enough red-hammer please neg-spek these colon spelunkers back to whatever corn-oil saturated brothel their mothers inhabit?

please, d00d?

LoyalFan
2/7/2007, 07:25 PM
I watched him on one of our excuse-for-news channels here in SA some moments ago. From what he told the talking head, it seems he had a gut feeling as to where he really wanted to be...OU!
He played for a mediocre team (Roberto E. Lee, amigos), but was definitely a bright light for them.
I watched my alma mater whup them during the season but he stood out in a losing cause...well so did Ol' Roberto, right?

Boomah Soonah!

LF