PDA

View Full Version : Herbie on Peterson and the game

Boomer.....
10/5/2006, 02:46 PM
This is a quote from Herbie who is doing a live chat on ESPN:

J B (Austin, TX): How do you think A Peterson will do against the Texas defense on Sat in Dallas

Kirk Herbstreit: (3:39 PM ET ) Man, I'm struggling with this game. Adrian Peterson is one of my favorite players in the country. He'll be playing with a little extra incentive with his father being released from prison this week. Texas is going to load up to do the best they can to slow down Peterson. I really think both defenses are going to load up to stop the other teams' running game and put the game in the hand of the inexperienced QBs. Whichever QB plays better will win the game. I think a lot of people think that Texas didn't win the title last year, Vince Young did. I think Oklahoma is pretty confident that things will go back to the way it was. I think Texas wants to show it's more than just Vince Young.

First off, you said that he was out of the Heisman race after gaining over 200 yards after the Oregon game.

Secondly, his dad was released a while back.

I can't stand him. :mad:

OnlyOneOklahoma
10/5/2006, 03:09 PM
perhaps herbie meant his dad was being released from the half-way house this week (which is true). i like herbie a lot better than any other espn talking heads, usually i dont have a problem with him unless he is calling an Ohio State game.

lou holtz on the otherhand...

sooneron
10/5/2006, 03:17 PM
He lost my respect when he said Peterson was out of the Heisman b/c of the "loss".

Ash
10/5/2006, 03:22 PM
As long as Corso and Mark May pick saxeT, all is well.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

delhalew
10/5/2006, 03:24 PM
I'm with sooneron...anyone who docks points from AD over the Oregon game can go straight to hell.

sooneron
10/5/2006, 03:27 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
YMSSRA...

melbitoast
10/5/2006, 04:22 PM
someone school me here...YMSSRA?

sooner518
10/5/2006, 04:23 PM
He lost my respect when he said Peterson was out of the Heisman b/c of the "loss".
but all the Oregon fans after the game told me that Oregon shut Peterson down!! 50,000 green and yellow clad d-bags cant be wrong!!

Boomer.....
10/5/2006, 04:31 PM
You Must Spread Some Reputation Around before giving it to ______ again. It means that you have already given them spek recently.

Stoop Dawg
10/5/2006, 04:32 PM

You Must Spread Some Reputation Around (Before Giving It To This Poster Again)

It's an indication that the poster would have given spek to the post but was not allowed to by the board.

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/5/2006, 04:32 PM
Lou Holtz just picked OU to win the game. Mark May on the other hand picked Texas

Rogue
10/5/2006, 05:00 PM
AD will have a great game I think. Running, catching, blocking, he'll deliver.

I like Herbie and Chris Fowler. I'm in the minority in that I like "Sweet Lou" Holtz too. He cracks me up.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 05:01 PM
Holtz pick "oksholahoma".....he needs to go to the dentist to get some of that spit sucked out

fadada1
10/5/2006, 05:06 PM
just for you, lou:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5705/fixwa8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MarylandSooner
10/5/2006, 06:13 PM
I sure wish Granny Holtz would not of done that.

westcoast_sooner
10/5/2006, 06:34 PM
Bottom line is that Herbie didn't answer the question. He neatly sidestepped it and put it all on the QBs. He usually seems more objective than any of the other ESPN talking heads, but he didn't say how he thought AD will do.

SoonerLB
10/5/2006, 06:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned, bringing any comments on AD's dad into a conversation concerning the game is taking a cheap shot at both OU and the football program. Herbie will take any shot, because he wants that so-so qb from oHIo sTATe to win the Heisman. Typical ESPN lop-sided journalism.
They have told the world previously about AD and his dad's situation, it is time to leave it alone and let them have some peace. They don't bother to bring up those kind of stories when it comes to their "favorites", even though there is a plethora of them available to tell.

stoopified
10/5/2006, 06:55 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :Dtrue dat.

sooneron
10/5/2006, 08:23 PM
As far as I'm concerned, bringing any comments on AD's dad into a conversation concerning the game is taking a cheap shot at both OU and the football program. Herbie will take any shot, because he wants that so-so qb from oHIo sTATe to win the Heisman. Typical ESPN lop-sided journalism.
They have told the world previously about AD and his dad's situation, it is time to leave it alone and let them have some peace. They don't bother to bring up those kind of stories when it comes to their "favorites", even though there is a plethora of them available to tell.
The problem is, Herbie won't be in the minority on this. Just imagine how many crowd shots there will be of AD's pop with "Just released from Prison" underneath him.

Ash
10/5/2006, 08:27 PM
The problem is, Herbie won't be in the minority on this. Just imagine how many crowd shots there will be of AD's pop with "Just released from Prison" underneath him.

I thought he wasn't going to be at the game?

sooneron
10/5/2006, 08:30 PM
I thought this wknd was going to be his first.??

birddog
10/5/2006, 08:31 PM
he won't be at the game.

birddog
10/5/2006, 08:32 PM
his first since leaving the halfway house. he can't cross state lines. his first will be at home against isu.

Ash
10/5/2006, 08:32 PM
I thought this wknd was going to be his first.??

I could be wrong. The sports animal braintrust have been going on about ADs dad not being able to attend this game as well because of parole conditions.

King Crimson
10/5/2006, 08:58 PM
sports animal braintrust .

three words i never thought i'd see in a sentence together......(i know you waz being sarcastic).

King Crimson
10/5/2006, 09:00 PM

especially because Adrian really didn't show much that game. :rolleyes:

sooner94
10/5/2006, 09:48 PM
I thought he wasn't going to be at the game?

you are right. i think it has something to do with crossing the state line while he is on parole.

sooneron
10/5/2006, 10:25 PM
his first since leaving the halfway house. he can't cross state lines. his first will be at home against isu.
OK, then they'll have the graphic on the screen for that game!

PDXsooner
10/5/2006, 11:10 PM
boy, some of you are so sensitive. herbstreet said peterson was out of the race because players on teams with a few losses don't normally win the heisman: FACT

i swear, OU fans get a bad name because of fans like some of you. if the media isn't giving OU a handjob every time they talk, some of you cry like squealing pigs.

sooner94
10/5/2006, 11:19 PM
i swear, OU fans get a bad name because of fans like some of you. if the media isn't giving OU a handjob every time they talk, some of you cry like squealing pigs.

handjob and squeal like a pig in the same sentence. You did that on purpose, didn't you?

I like Herbie. A friend of mine met him at an OU game once and said he's a good dude. He's hands down the best at ESPN.

The Maestro
10/5/2006, 11:20 PM
boy, some of you are so sensitive. herbstreet said peterson was out of the race because players on teams with a few losses don't normally win the heisman: FACT

I kind of wonder about that, too. I mean, some people hate ESPN, ESPN Radio, the Sports Animal, the Daily Oklahoman, etc. Kind of hard to get a read on sports without some of those things if you live in Oklahoma.

bri
10/5/2006, 11:27 PM
do we honestly give two sh*ts about the damn Heisman? I mean, really?

If AD doesn't win it, does that mean he's a sucky player? He's somehow NOT one of the most spectacular and breathtaking athletes we've ever had the immense pleasure of watching if he doesn't win a popularity contest that's more subjective than electing "Most Athletic" for your senior class yearbook? Will he not be allowed to play in the NFL if he doesn't join the ranks of Gino Toretta and Andre Ware? Or if he is, will he be a sixth-round pick who has to fight for a roster spot and then make the league minimum? Will we be forced to forfeit every game Adrian ever competed in if someone else wins the Heisman?

Sooner Born & Sooner Bred
10/6/2006, 09:38 AM
I gotta agree with someone posting about Corso picking Texass... If he put's that whorn thing on his head, OU has it won.... *prays* please don't pick OU Corso.. Pleaseeeeeeeee!

A-M
10/6/2006, 10:39 AM
you are right. i think it has something to do with crossing the state line while he is on parole.

You can cross the state line when you are on parole, but you must clear it with your parole officer and he/she must give you written permission that you must carry with you at all times. I know this because I have worked with a person who was on probation and he explained it to me. So, it will be up to AD's Dad to convince his parole office that letting him go to the game would be a good thing for him. Personally, I think that AD has proven himself to be a good person in spite of a father who did the wrong thing.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/6/2006, 10:44 AM
You can cross the state line when you are on parole, but you must clear it with your parole officer and he/she must give you written permission that you must carry with you at all times. I know this because I have worked with a person who was on probation and he explained it to me. So, it will be up to AD's Dad to convince his parole office that letting him go to the game would be a good thing for him. Personally, I think that AD has proven himself to be a good person in spite of a father who did the wrong thing.

Somebody you worked with. Sure. ;)

Pricetag
10/6/2006, 12:19 PM
He's somehow NOT one of the most spectacular and breathtaking athletes we've ever had the immense pleasure of watching if he doesn't win a popularity contest that's more subjective than electing "Most Athletic" for your senior class yearbook?
You never did get over that snub, did you? :D

delhalew
10/6/2006, 12:59 PM
do we honestly give two sh*ts about the damn Heisman? I mean, really?

If AD doesn't win it, does that mean he's a sucky player? He's somehow NOT one of the most spectacular and breathtaking athletes we've ever had the immense pleasure of watching if he doesn't win a popularity contest that's more subjective than electing "Most Athletic" for your senior class yearbook? Will he not be allowed to play in the NFL if he doesn't join the ranks of Gino Toretta and Andre Ware? Or if he is, will he be a sixth-round pick who has to fight for a roster spot and then make the league minimum? Will we be forced to forfeit every game Adrian ever competed in if someone else wins the Heisman?

For me its not about being sensitive or giving a damn about the heisman personally. Its principles bottom line.

AD is the best athlete we(as a nation) have seen in a long time. That goes beyond his athletic prowess. Its about his cool head, discipline, and positive attitude as well.

For anyone to take away from that over a BS loss(there are those principles again) means I no longer have any respect for them. Simple.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/6/2006, 01:06 PM
Lou Holtz just picked OU to win the game. Mark May on the other hand picked Texas

Lou Holtz=goofy little man who usually seem to have his football head on straight and makes some pretty decent preditions some times

Mark May=Talking Head who clearly watches highlights and looks at the scores, then tries to act like he is making an educated analysis. IDIOT

Herbie=usually makes educated knowledgeable football analysis.

Corso= thinks he's funny. If he picks Texas...we win