PDA

View Full Version : For Your Consideration

TopDawg
10/5/2006, 02:13 PM
Ricky Gervais + Christopher Guest = Jubilant TopDawg

Movie Trailer (http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wip/us/med/foryourconsideration/trailer/for_your_consideration_tlr1_qt_700.mov)

IMDB Page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470765/)

proud gonzo
10/5/2006, 02:29 PM
awesome

TopDawg
10/5/2006, 02:45 PM
I KNOW!!!

NormanPride
10/5/2006, 02:52 PM
Excellent. Looks like a good one!

TopDawg
10/5/2006, 02:55 PM
I KNOW!!!

TopDawg
10/5/2006, 03:03 PM
I KNOW!!!

I mean, eh, WHAT?!

tbl
10/5/2006, 03:15 PM
I know that's the standard Guest ensemble cast, but Gervais should have a bigger role. Matter of fact, I'm ready to see him in more stuff.

Speaking of, did anybody watch the HBO "Extra's"? It's not out on DVD yet, but I'm definitely interested.

TopDawg
10/5/2006, 03:28 PM
Season 2 of Extras is airing (or just about to air) on BBC. Shouldn't be long before it starts over here.

TopDawg
11/24/2006, 06:35 PM
I'm gonna go see this tomorrow. WOOHOO!!!

tbl
11/24/2006, 09:31 PM
I heard it was weak. Personally, I think they peaked with Best in Show. All those other films score a solid "meh" with me (that does not include Spinal Tap since it's not the same ensemble).

TopDawg
11/24/2006, 11:20 PM
I think they're all great. Best In Show is the most "mainstream"...however you wanna take that...but I've enjoyed (and own) them all. I think the characters in Best in Show were more over the top than the characters in most of the others, but I'm pretty impressed with the reallness of the others.

royalfan5
11/24/2006, 11:29 PM
Parker Posey in it makes it worth while for me.

lil'duck
11/24/2006, 11:46 PM
A Mighty Wind was a close second to BIS.

I still can't wait for this one.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/24/2006, 11:55 PM
There's a puppy in the parlour
And a skillet on the stove
A smelly old blanket
That a Navajo wove.

TopDawg
11/28/2006, 01:07 PM
Welp, I enjoyed it. We sat behind a group of Sooners who were at the OU/OSU game prior to coming to the movie. At any rate, I'm not as big a fan of the non-documentary-style movie that they've done with A Mighty Wind and this one, but it was still greatness. These people are so great that the characters in the documentary style films seemed so real...the traditional movie style doesn't have that same feel but it was still great.

Their mockery of all the different media-types was outstanding.

KC//CRIMSON
11/28/2006, 01:28 PM
"Waiting For Guffman" pwns!:cool:

TopDawg
11/28/2006, 06:13 PM
"Waiting For Guffman" pwns!:cool:

Yep. It's still my favorite. I like the new additions to the cast since then...there are really some great "new" ones...but it's starting to get to be a lot. There are so many that you don't become as familiar with the characters as you did in Guffman.

In that respect, it's probably better that they went away from the documentary style.

TopDawg
11/30/2006, 01:01 AM
Welp, I enjoyed it. We sat behind a group of Sooners who were at the OU/OSU game prior to coming to the movie. At any rate, I'm not as big a fan of the non-documentary-style movie that they've done with A Mighty Wind and this one, but it was still greatness. These people are so great that the characters in the documentary style films seemed so real...the traditional movie style doesn't have that same feel but it was still great.

Their mockery of all the different media-types was outstanding.

I just watched AMW again and noticed that it is the documentary style. One of the guys I watched FYC with said that AMW wasn't doc-style, and I couldn't remember. At any rate, I'm a much bigger fan of that style than of the more traditional style they did this time. They are just so talented at the improvisational part in the documentaries that it's a shame to have a more traditional style that hinders the improv.

Fred Willard is a genius.

TopDawg
1/29/2008, 03:48 PM
Season 2 of Extras is airing (or just about to air) on BBC. Shouldn't be long before it starts over here.

I've finally gotten the DVDs and they are crackin my stuff up.