PDA

View Full Version : The Conspiracy Can At Last.. Be Told.

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2006, 11:30 AM
At last, after all the gnashing of teeth, the conspiracy to take down OU's football program can be revealed.

Everyone knows the Phil Knight, CEO of Nike owns the State of Oregon. What people don't seem to know is that Michael Dell (of UT fame) and Knight are good buds.

Texas changed its uniform affiliation from Reebock to Nike a few years ago. That's when Dell and Knight met and became fast friends. Most people also don't know that in the last year, Nike changed their hardware equipment from HP.. to.... Dell Computers. Now, there was a price to be paid.

Dell wanted the OU football program to suffer. So, he agreed with Knight that they needed to manipulate the refereeing system used by the Pac 10 at their home games, especially the home game with Texas' hated rival.. OU. Now, knowing that the home team can select the ref to sit in the review booth, Knight and Dell, found someone they could manipulate. He had to appear to be harmless, a man of great experience toward the end of his career. And they found, the perfect man for the job. But, at first, he was reluctant.

Almost all hope was lost until, Dell contacted two other wealthy UT alums, Red McCombs, co-founder of Clear Channel Communications and Tom Hicks. Hicks and McCombs, through intermediaries went to said official and made a sweetheart deal that after the OU-Oregon game, he would announce a leave of absence and in consideration for a low six figure payout and a job at Clear Channel, at their Austin, Texas office, he should find a way to, "misread" several replays.

The fix was in.

Dell, Hicks, McCombs and Joe Jamail go to DeLoss Dodds, put pressure on him to reup with Nike (and a new 10 year extension is about to be released).. Knight gets a new contract with UT and a big win over OU, Texas gets the OU fanbase, alumni and team so focused on the Oregon screw job that they don't focus on Texas... and Texas gets a big win over OU and the inside track on a BCS bowl as the Big XII rep.

and NOW you know... the rest of the story.:D

SoonerLB
10/5/2006, 11:46 AM
3 cheers for Inspector Clue-so (aka TexasLidig8r)! LOL!
Do you suppose ESPN will jump on this hot story? ;)

ADs_Agent
10/5/2006, 11:48 AM
don't know whether you are brillant or a moron with this story, either way I believe it :)

sooneron
10/5/2006, 11:48 AM
Only a whorn would be a part of the crap that is Clear Channel- the downfall of good radio/music.

crawfish
10/5/2006, 11:49 AM
I vote we beat the snot out of the whorns again on the near nonexistent chance that that's true.

setem
10/5/2006, 11:53 AM
I believe em, yo...

OUmillenium
10/5/2006, 11:54 AM
Only a whorn would be a part of the crap that is Clear Channel- the downfall of good radio/music.

I only listen to SIRIUS and little of the Commercial Animal.

fwsooner22
10/5/2006, 11:57 AM
Yawn

tnraider1
10/5/2006, 12:01 PM
Bulletin board material. Somebody send this to Stoops quick!

soonerloyal
10/5/2006, 12:04 PM
Dammit, fwsooner22! I yawned first!

Ash
10/5/2006, 12:23 PM

:D

Taxman71
10/5/2006, 12:24 PM
Albeit fiction, the fact that even whorns fantasize about a coup-de-tait among the US industry titans just to squeeze a win out of a 3-1 Sooner team makes me happy. It is lonely at the top indeed.

StuIsTheMan
10/5/2006, 12:25 PM
do you have any hard proof of any of this...it sounds good but with no hard evidence it is all hearsay...I live in Oregon...was at the game...
I thought the fix was in from the get go...but have no proof...

sooner518
10/5/2006, 12:43 PM
the co-founder of Clear Channel is a UT grad? Now I am positive that UT is pure evil

caphorns
10/5/2006, 12:44 PM
Lid has proof in his veins. Right about now, I'd guess somewhere between 80 and 120.

Ash
10/5/2006, 01:04 PM
Lid has proof in his veins. Right about now, I'd guess somewhere between 80 and 120.

LOL

Bourbon St Sooner
10/5/2006, 01:11 PM
I hear now that Dell is threatening to pull all Microsoft products from its desktops if Bill Gates doesn't go along with his scheme to sabotage the game in Seattle next year. Stoops knows this and that's why he using the Pac-10 ref thing to get out of the game next year. Damn, Stoops is smart.

NormanPride
10/5/2006, 01:39 PM

Shirley Temple drunks are a sad sight.

Dio
10/5/2006, 01:41 PM
Knight, Dell, Hicks, McCombs and Jamail = The Pentavurate

Luthor
10/5/2006, 02:55 PM

It would have been good bulletin board material if Lid would have thought it up...I mean divulged it a couple weeks ago. There's just not enough time left to translate all of that information into flash card format for the OU players.

Lid you are a sly dog.

soonerinabilene
10/5/2006, 03:06 PM
Knight, Dell, Hicks, McCombs and Jamail = The Pentavurate

dont forget the colonel. with his wee-bitty little eyes saying EAT MY CHICKEN