PDA

View Full Version : question about Jericho last night...

Hatfield
10/5/2006, 08:40 AM
so did it just end when jake's brother (the adulter) woke up in bed with the barmaid? seems like it was cut off...which is odd.

jericho = cbs show not wrassler

Mjcpr
10/5/2006, 08:47 AM
Yes, I think that was the end of the episode.

Not sure if I like this yet.....how 'bout you?

sooneron
10/5/2006, 08:50 AM
Yes, he somehow sugar talked the beer wench back into the sack. Very strange considering she looked quite chummy with somebody else at the cookout.

Boomer.....
10/5/2006, 08:51 AM
I think that the show is pretty good. It sure doesn't give away many clues. The next episode will be the big one.

Mjcpr
10/5/2006, 08:52 AM
Yes, he somehow sugar talked the beer wench back into the sack. Very strange considering she looked quite chummy with somebody else at the cookout.

That's because she's a whore. And, she was also Kelly from Coach.

sooneron
10/5/2006, 08:53 AM
That's because she's a whore. And, she was also Kelly from Coach.
She got much hawter!

I'll give the show til Christmas.

Hatfield
10/5/2006, 08:56 AM
liked it so far, but it is starting to slip. Look we get it you killed the "heart attack" dude enough with the beating us over the head with the shady looks and innuendo.

but i am a big fan of hot chicks and it has a few on there so i will continue to watch.

plus the black dude is interesting.

sooneron
10/5/2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah, why did he have a hazmat suit and all? I may have missed what he was bricking up. Anyone know?

Mjcpr
10/5/2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah, why did he have a hazmat suit and all? I may have missed what he was bricking up. Anyone know?

No idea. He went through a big song and dance (hazmat suit, U-Haul truck, along while everyone else was in the shelters) to go and load up a single barrel of something. No idea what it is but that's what it looks like he's bricking up.

Boomer.....
10/5/2006, 09:05 AM
so did it just end when jake's brother (the adulter) woke up in bed with the barmaid? seems like it was cut off...which is odd.

jericho = cbs show not wrassler

The episode ended with the little kid finding the train which was full of food and other supplies.

mdklatt
10/5/2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah, why did he have a hazmat suit and all?

I was a cop in St. Louis.

St. Louis must have the best-trained police force EVAR.

Hatfield
10/5/2006, 09:32 AM
The episode ended with the little kid finding the train which was full of food and other supplies.

see didn't even see that at all. mine ended when he kind of startles awake and as he is about to say something...boom over.

mad

Mjcpr
10/5/2006, 09:43 AM

Oh yeah, then there was that part.

:O

Penguin
10/5/2006, 10:59 AM
I watched the episode last night. I found it pretty boring and I'll prolly never watch it again.

Therefore, it will be #1 in the Nielsen ratings and stay around for 8 years.

mdklatt
10/5/2006, 11:10 AM
I found it pretty boring and I'll prolly never watch it again.

I'm starting to lean that way. How can you make such an intriguing concept so damn dull? Keeping your viewers in a constant state of "WTF?" to keep them tuning in each week is a sign of lazy writing.

*cough* Lost *cough*

Penguin
10/5/2006, 11:17 AM
I'm starting to lean that way. How can you make such an intriguing concept so damn dull? Keeping your viewers in a constant state of "WTF?" to keep them tuning in each week is a sign of lazy writing.

*cough* Lost *cough*

No joke. A friend of mine forced me to watch the season premiere of Lost last night. I guess the story goes that a group of people are living in a tropical paradise and their whole existence revolves on waiting for a plane to crash so they can torture the survivors with invisible dinosaurs and such.

Please, stop me if you think that's the most ridiculous show ever.

crawfish
10/5/2006, 11:38 AM

*cough* Lost *cough*

Just because you're not smart enough to get it doesn't make it lazy. ;)

Cam
10/6/2006, 07:39 PM
No idea. He went through a big song and dance (hazmat suit, U-Haul truck, along while everyone else was in the shelters) to go and load up a single barrel of something. No idea what it is but that's what it looks like he's bricking up.
It was a barrel full of automatic machine guns.

soonerboomer93
10/6/2006, 09:04 PM
Interesting. I just tried to watch this online, but CBS won't allow it to be viewed outside the US

sooneron
10/6/2006, 10:23 PM
It was a barrel full of automatic machine guns.
Prolly a good idea in a town full of :dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::d ean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dea n::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean: :dean::dean::dean::dean::dean::dean:

stoopified
10/7/2006, 10:46 AM
Interesting. I just tried to watch this online, but CBS won't allow it to be viewed outside the USCan't be giving terrorists any ideas,ya know?

Frozen Sooner
10/7/2006, 11:31 AM
Interesting. I just tried to watch this online, but CBS won't allow it to be viewed outside the US

DON'T YOU KNOW WE'RE AT WAR?!?!?!?!?!

Frozen Sooner
10/7/2006, 11:36 AM
Can't be giving terrorists any ideas,ya know?

Dang, didn't notice there was a second page to this thread. Otherwise, my post would be much funnier and less lame.

Cam
10/7/2006, 11:50 AM
Dang, didn't notice there was a second page to this thread. Otherwise, my post would be much funnier and less lame.
And what from your history of posts makes you think that? :eek: ;)

Frozen Sooner
10/7/2006, 06:23 PM
And what from your history of posts makes you think that? :eek: ;)

You're right.

Otherwise, my post STILL would have been like one of Cam's regular offerings. ;)

Cam
10/7/2006, 08:11 PM
You're right.

Otherwise, my post STILL would have been like one of Cam's regular offerings. ;)
My posts usually suck, but I'm ok with that. :cool:

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 08:23 PM
Dear Jericho Writers -

Modern cockpit voice recorders do not use reel-to-reel tapes. And if you happened upon an older one that did, you probably couldn't play it on your home tape deck.

Pilots are perfectly capable of finding an airport and landing without guidance from ATC.

A clinic can be expected to have more than a single respirator bag on hand. If not, check the nearest ambulance, fire truck, or police car.

Third degree burns are not painful because the nerve endings are destroyed.

A heart rate of 121 BPM is not that high.

skycat
10/11/2006, 11:34 PM
Dear Jericho Writers -

Modern cockpit voice recorders do not use reel-to-reel tapes. And if you happened upon an older one that did, you probably couldn't play it on your home tape deck.

Pilots are perfectly capable of finding an airport and landing without guidance from ATC.

A clinic can be expected to have more than a single respirator bag on hand. If not, check the nearest ambulance, fire truck, or police car.

Third degree burns are not painful because the nerve endings are destroyed.

A heart rate of 121 BPM is not that high.

Well, I think the view of the mountains from this little Kansas town a couple of hundred miles from Wichita was a clue that the writers weren't going for "plausible."

Mjcpr
10/17/2006, 08:27 AM
Anyone still watching this show?

It's holding my interest but just because of the subject matter I'm thinking because the acting sucks (and I don't usually even notice).

Hatfield
10/17/2006, 08:29 AM
the only think distracting me from how bad the acting is....is how bad the script is....jesus...worst written show ever.

but it has hot chicks so i will continue to watch.

Rhino
10/17/2006, 10:12 AM
I'm kinda surprised by the responses here.

I watched all four episodes online Sunday night and found the show to be very entertaining. And, actually, thought the acting was pretty good. Much better than I expected of Skeet Skeet Skeet.

They have some solid character storylines going on.

Hatfield
10/17/2006, 10:14 AM
this week pay attention to the dialogue.

sometimes they also like to beat the "subtle" hint over your head as well

i still watch and enjoy but they need to tighten it up a bit

Mjcpr
10/17/2006, 10:35 AM

Do you know if that one guy who is the son of the Mayor doesn't get along with his Dr wife and maybe is having an affair with the bartender lady?

Hatfield
10/17/2006, 10:40 AM
now that one is stumping me....wait....he is married to the dr.?

mdklatt
10/17/2006, 10:43 AM

It's not just the subtle hints.

SETTING: HOSPITAL ROOM

[Lights go out. Medical equipment goes dark.]

Mrs. Mayor (yelling in hallway): The generator ran out of gas!

Derrrrrrr...really? Of course, this is the hospital with only one breather bag on hand so maybe they needed the hint.

Mjcpr
10/17/2006, 11:18 AM
I don't know if anyone has noticed but I think that Hawkins (I think that's his name) guy is behind something sinister.

Time will tell.

IB4OU2
10/17/2006, 11:25 AM
I watch the Antique Roadshow instead.....

Some lady had a painting of a couple of boats that she paid for with 2.00 dollars at a garage sale, it was estmated to be worth well over 1/2 a million.

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 08:59 AM
So I'm stuck with this show I guess.....I'm willing to put up with the over the top "acting" just to find out what happens. It's a vicious circle.

Hatfield
10/26/2006, 09:10 AM
it is odd. some show is a few days after the last one...then the next show is a couple of weeks.

and the hot blonde was only in this one for like 10 seconds. unacceptable.

p.s. the acting really really sucks...thankfully it is so bad it drowns out the words

Mjcpr
10/26/2006, 09:12 AM
This house is too small to hold big secrets.

Or whatever. :rolleyes:

whatsername
10/27/2006, 06:23 AM
This show is going to get old fast.

The end the previous ep with missiles flying through the sky, so you tune in next week to see a show where they're fighting over corn. :rolleyes:

Then they all kiss and make up. Is there a puke smiley?

Rhino
10/27/2006, 11:30 AM
Alright, this show is pretty hokey. The whole corn thing make me gag from the forced hippie convent feel good story.

And, one thing I really don't like is how it can be super-intense, then go to the wimmens talking about how so-and-so has no time for me anymore. Guess what bitch, he's trying to save the town. Go be a doctor - what are you doing at home anyway?

Then the bartender bitch is all Why haven't I heard from you? You were supposed to divorce your wife so we could start our lives together. Bitch! My house burned down, my mother was almost trampled by horses and we might be at war - **** off, hooker!

Then they're all concerned about people breaking into businesses and being unlawful, but they all have time to go pick corn on the outside of town.

Mjcpr
10/27/2006, 11:39 AM
Has anyone noticed that the Mayor is sick?

whatsername
10/27/2006, 12:20 PM
Alright, this show is pretty hokey. The whole corn thing make me gag from the forced hippie convent feel good story.

And, one thing I really don't like is how it can be super-intense, then go to the wimmens talking about how so-and-so has no time for me anymore. Guess what bitch, he's trying to save the town. Go be a doctor - what are you doing at home anyway?

Then the bartender bitch is all Why haven't I heard from you? You were supposed to divorce your wife so we could start our lives together. Bitch! My house burned down, my mother was almost trampled by horses and we might be at war - **** off, hooker!

Then they're all concerned about people breaking into businesses and being unlawful, but they all have time to go pick corn on the outside of town.

Yeah... exactly what he said.

Mjcpr
11/2/2006, 11:02 AM
Go. Go now!

But I can't look away.

Boomer.....
11/2/2006, 12:39 PM
This show is growing on me also, but it is going no where.

whatsername
11/2/2006, 06:59 PM
Last nights show was a lot better than the previous weeks show.

I don't like that lady that runs the grocery store. :mad:

Cam
11/2/2006, 08:35 PM
This show is growing on me also, but it is going no where.
Has to be one of the slowest shows that any network's put out in quite a while.

Boomer.....
11/2/2006, 08:55 PM
Last nights show was a lot better than the previous weeks show.

I don't like that lady that runs the grocery store. :mad:
She is a bitch. Taking that little girls box and griping about everything. I'm glad the kid left her. She wont know what to do without him.

OhU1
11/2/2006, 11:49 PM
I watched my first episode, last week, and thought this has to be a joke. It is like a bad soap opera. Full of bad clichéd characters and early 1980's TV production quality.

I couldn't help it, 3/4 of the way through the show I found myself "playing" along on the table top to the sad piano music that predictably came on every 5 minutes. My girl friend said I was being annoying. I tired to get into it. I failed. Prediction - this show sees 1 season if it even makes it to May.

whatsername
11/16/2006, 06:47 AM
Has everyone bailed on this show yet? I thought the last two weeks showed some improvement... either that or I'm getting used to the bad writing. :)

Last night they said something about a fall finale show. :confused:

If they take a 12 week vacation too, they'll probably lose all of their viewers!

Mjcpr
11/16/2006, 10:00 AM
Surprisingly, it's going to be around for the full season and has decent enough ratings.

http://fallout.kryptonsite.com/fullseason.htm

Boomer.....
11/16/2006, 10:02 AM
They said only 2 more shows this season, including the finale.

Mjcpr
11/16/2006, 10:09 AM
They said only 2 more shows this season, including the finale.

That article said 22 episodes which I think is a full season. Maybe they got them all out of the way early, I dunno.

Boomer.....
11/16/2006, 10:52 AM
It might just be the fall finale show. There might be a spring season as well.

Rhino
11/24/2006, 12:50 AM
This show disappoints me so.

Everything is just too damn predictable.

Frozen Sooner
11/24/2006, 12:53 AM
I gave up several weeks ago. Good concept but awful execution. I'm surprised it hasn't been canceled yet.

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 10:53 AM
Still following it.

The battle with the neighboring town is interesting to me.

Mjcpr
5/4/2007, 11:02 AM
Me too.

It seems to have improved in the acting department but only marginally. It's alright I guess, still a little on the hokie side.

Czar Soonerov
5/4/2007, 11:03 AM
They need to drive the tank into the other town and blow the nuke up. That's what I'd do.

I think the father (old mayor) is gonna die. :(

Mjcpr
5/4/2007, 11:04 AM
They need to drive the tank into the other town and blow the nuke up. That's what I'd do.

I think the father (old mayor) is gonna die. :(

No way. He's the only recognizable actor in the whole show unless you count Kelly from Coach.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/4/2007, 11:05 AM
I gave up several weeks ago. Good concept but awful execution. I'm surprised it hasn't been canceled yet.

Never started with it, expecting it to get the boot quickly just like Threshold.

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 11:05 AM
I think the dad's a goner also.

Boomer.....
5/4/2007, 11:53 AM
It does seem to be getting good.

Vaevictis
5/4/2007, 12:35 PM
I think the dad's a goner also.

Frankly, I hope they kill the mayor.

Dad: Send in two scouts, they need to know what they're going into!
Mayor: No! I am the one in charge here, Mister Former Ranger and Vietnam Vet. I will not take your advice, even though you would clearly be the expert on the matter! Take them out, Mister Farmer Dude!

Farmer Dude: ... uhhhhnhhhh... (bleeding)
Mayor: Where are the rest of them?
Farmer Dude: ... they're.... all... dead....
Mayor: Well, that was a totally unforseeable consequence of ignoring the advice of the Former Ranger and Vietnam Vet. Woe is me! (... spirit breaks and goes into a depression for most of the rest of the show...)

Of course, I think the Dad is a bit too soft hearted for his own good, seeing as he wanted to take prisoners at the fight over the mortars. IMO, they're in the kind of situation where you need to ask WWGKD, and give the order to take no prisoners except Constantino, drag his *** back to New Burn, torture him to death in the town square, and hang his corpse to rot from a flag pole.

But that's just me.

whatsername
5/5/2007, 12:40 AM
This show is definitely improving.

What's the deal with that store? First the old lady is a mean old biddy, now I'm liking that kid less and less. I understand trying to survive but it seems like he's trying to do more than survive... he's trying to get rich.

But I hate the mayor even more.

Vaevictis
5/5/2007, 04:52 AM
What's the deal with that store? First the old lady is a mean old biddy, now I'm liking that kid less and less. I understand trying to survive but it seems like he's trying to do more than survive... he's trying to get rich.

Kid's just being smart. Wealth => Power => Survival.

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 08:42 AM
The kid is being an a-hole. Power gained by making alliances with the enemy is bad news. It looks like he may have swung back to the good guys, but he isn't trustworthy.

He'll get killed before it's over.

StoopTroup
5/5/2007, 08:45 AM
If you want to talk stategy...

I was the Stratego King back in the day....

http://www.faidutti.com/ludo_files/stratego.jpg

Vaevictis
5/5/2007, 09:57 AM
The kid is being an a-hole. Power gained by making alliances with the enemy is bad news. It looks like he may have swung back to the good guys, but he isn't trustworthy.

He didn't know they were the enemy when he made the alliance. All he knew was that the guy from the next town over said he had the ability to run trade routes, and that the guy was willing to do so for a stake.

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 10:07 AM
The was also told that things were going to happen if there wasn't cooperation also. That reveals the intentions of the other town.

Vaevictis
5/5/2007, 10:10 AM
IIRC, the threats weren't made to him, only to the mayor in private, and even then only after the kid had cut the deal. From the kid's point of view, the only thing happening was that the mayor was attempting to interfere with the property rights of his girlfriend. (Which he was, even before the threats were made...)

As far as the kid knew, he was just making a smart business transaction for everyone. If the guy comes through on the trade routes, everyone in both towns win.

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 10:16 AM
I don't recall it the same way. There weren't threats made to the kid. Just suggestions that if the other town didn't come to an agreement, bad things would happen. Not to the kid specifically but for Jericho.

Vaevictis
5/5/2007, 10:25 AM
Well, I don't think I actually care enough to watch it again :D

whatsername
5/5/2007, 02:03 PM
When he was making deals with that guy about the trade routes, it was known that New Bern was a problem. The guy came back unexpectedly with the windmills and the Jericho folks, minus two. But I didn't really get bad vibes from the NB guy, he seemed to me like he knew Constantino was a nutjob and was trying to help out. I don't know... I don't want to watch it again either. :)

But when the kid wanted to protect that lady's farm and claim it for his own, I didn't think it was all that cool. Then later, he wanted to claim several farms for himself.

He wasn't treated all that well when he first showed up in town. I'm hoping that later, it'll turn out that he's a good kid after all.

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 02:19 PM
He's not a good kid, but circumstances could make him rethink his position.

Vaevictis
5/5/2007, 02:31 PM
The girl wasn't meant to come back yet, and it wasn't widely known that foul play was suspected in the brother's case -- pretty much only Jake and Rob knew for the first couple of days.

Clearly, we're remembering things different ways, but the timeline I remember is such that when the kid made the deal, he couldn't have known that New Bern was tossing around threats or was doing anything particularly suspicious.

When it comes to the outlying farms, frankly, if I were him, I'd want to give them the shaft, too. How many times did we see him have to go out to "collect" on trades?

(I don't remember him trying to claim several farms for himself -- when did that happen? I only remember just the one.)

And I'm not saying he's a good kid at all. Just that he's not a particularly bad guy -- he's just been jacked with repeatedly, and he knows that the only person looking out for him is himself (and maybe the girl). He's doing what's necessary to survive.

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 02:43 PM
If he wasn't interested in screwing the community he'd have plenty of help "surviving".

Vaevictis
5/5/2007, 03:00 PM
Like I said, the community's pretty much been screwing him, or trying to screw him, the whole time. It shouldn't be all that surprising that he's not feeling all that generous at this point.

Remember, he used to actually be a nice kid when it came to these folks. He went out and made sure the old woman had stuff to sell, he scolded her a bit for being greedy, and when the town went out to the trading camp, he went with them and took a bunch of valuables in order to try to provide capital to help. It was him that found out that the guy with the goods was trading in humans and pointed it out, and it was him that risked stealing what they needed (stupid, but he still put his neck on the line for these folks.)

It wasn't until after all the farmers tried to **** him and the mayor basically told him tough **** that he decided, "You know what? **** this, I'm looking out for number one."

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 03:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Turner

Since inheriting the store Dale has shown himself to be as capable as Gracie of abusive and vindictive behavior. He arbitrarily raises the prices of his wares for people whom he does not like.

Vaevictis
5/5/2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah, that was added May 2, so I expect that was in reference to when he doubled the price of the horse meat for the woman who had just hurt his girlfriend's feelings by talking **** about her presumably dead dad.

1. In my book that's understandable. (Frankly, if someone said stuff like that to my girlfriend/wife, I'd tell em to take their business elsewhere.)
2. The woman got it at list in the end anyway.

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 03:48 PM
Hey, if you consider the kid a sympathetic character, that's OK.

I don't. Not currently. Things could change. They do a lot on this show.

Vaevictis
5/5/2007, 03:58 PM
Eh, I just don't think he deserves the bad rap you're giving him.

As far as I can recall, he knew nothing about New Bern's bad behavior when he made the deal, and it comes as no surprise to me that the kid's acting like he is when the only thing he ever got for looking out for other people was a swift kick in the nuts.

I think he's on the edge of turning into a dirtbag, but he's done nothing to cross that line yet, IMO.

OKLA21FAN
5/5/2007, 04:20 PM
LOST > Jericho

and oh yeah

Tulsa > OKC

:pop:

sanantoniosooner
5/5/2007, 04:35 PM
I don't watch Lost.

Lost = sushi as far as I'm concerned.

whatsername
5/5/2007, 06:36 PM
I think he's on the edge of turning into a dirtbag, but he's done nothing to cross that line yet, IMO.
See, that's what I mean... whoever owns that store becomes evil. :)

I agree with you... he seemed like a good kid at first, helping out when he could, only to get treated like crap. They're taking advantage of him because he's a kid.

And who knows... he may get those farms and put the refugees to work and end up saving the town.

But right now, I'm not liking his attitude.

Cam
5/6/2007, 03:01 PM
They're taking advantage of him because he's a kid.
Yep. He tried making deals, stuck by his side of them, and others tried backing out. Can't blame the kid for sticking up for himself. Nobody else is going to stick up for him and his gf, so they've got to do it themselves.

It's a tv show, he'll change again before the season's over.

Mjcpr
5/16/2007, 11:35 AM
No way. He's the only recognizable actor in the whole show unless you count Kelly from Coach.
See, told ya. :O

Oh, and Jericho got canned. Just when I thought it was getting better. :mad:

NEW YORK (AP) -- CBS canceled the nuclear apocalypse drama, "Jericho," on Wednesday, another sign that television networks are shying away from serial dramas after overloading on them last season.

The network unveiled a fall schedule with five new shows, three of them dramas.

"Jericho" started out strong last fall for CBS. However, like "Lost" on ABC and "Heroes" on NBC, many viewers abandoned the show after it went on a long midseason hiatus.

"We lost a lot of steam," said Kelly Kahl, CBS' chief scheduling executive. "I know we had loyal viewers ... but the show sort of lost its engine and wasn't performing."

CBS' only new show that is heavily serialized, "Swingtown," will start in midseason and run uninterrupted until the end of the season. The series is set in the shag-carpeted 1970s, with Chicago-area couples navigating the sexual freedom of the era.

To counter its stodgy image, CBS has scheduled a handful of edgy new shows for the fall: a drama about a vampire, a musical and a drama about a Cuban-American family running a sugar business in Florida.

"For those of you who accuse CBS of being too conservative, you will feel differently when you see the shows we have lined up," said Leslie Moonves, chairman of CBS Corp.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/16/tv.newseason.ap/index.html

Rhino
5/16/2007, 11:49 AM
I read that this morning. Too bad - it was getting much better.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2007, 11:56 AM
Anybody think another network could pic it up? I'd follow it to a TBS or maybe even, gasp, SciFi.

Frozen Sooner
5/16/2007, 12:31 PM
See, told ya. :O

Oh, and Jericho got canned. Just when I thought it was getting better. :mad:

NEW YORK (AP) -- CBS canceled the nuclear apocalypse drama, "Jericho," on Wednesday, another sign that television networks are shying away from serial dramas after overloading on them last season.

The network unveiled a fall schedule with five new shows, three of them dramas.

"Jericho" started out strong last fall for CBS. However, like "Lost" on ABC and "Heroes" on NBC, many viewers abandoned the show after it went on a long midseason hiatus.

"We lost a lot of steam," said Kelly Kahl, CBS' chief scheduling executive. "I know we had loyal viewers ... but the show sort of lost its engine and wasn't performing."

CBS' only new show that is heavily serialized, "Swingtown," will start in midseason and run uninterrupted until the end of the season. The series is set in the shag-carpeted 1970s, with Chicago-area couples navigating the sexual freedom of the era.

To counter its stodgy image, CBS has scheduled a handful of edgy new shows for the fall: a drama about a vampire, a musical and a drama about a Cuban-American family running a sugar business in Florida.

"For those of you who accuse CBS of being too conservative, you will feel differently when you see the shows we have lined up," said Leslie Moonves, chairman of CBS Corp.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/16/tv.newseason.ap/index.html

Wait, when a network puts a continuity-heavy show on hiatus for 8 weeks for no apparent reason with bunches of unresolved plotlines they tend to lose viewership?

NO WAY!!!

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2007, 12:32 PM
I'm sensing a note of sarcasm.........;)

Mjcpr
5/16/2007, 12:33 PM
That article says a lot of viewers abandoned Lost (along with Jericho and Heroes) after their hiatus.....Lost isn't sucking in the ratings too is it?

Pricetag
5/16/2007, 12:40 PM
Dang, that sucks hard. "Jericho" was my favorite new show this season. When it first started, I didn't think it would last long, but it really ramped up as it went on, and was great toward the end. CBS were fools for thinking it could survive a long hiatus like that. What a shame.

Boomer.....
5/16/2007, 01:24 PM
That article says a lot of viewers abandoned Lost (along with Jericho and Heroes) after their hiatus.....Lost isn't sucking in the ratings too is it?
I heard that Lost's ratings were way down also.

Mjcpr
5/16/2007, 01:27 PM
They better not touch Lost. :mad:

Cam
5/16/2007, 08:44 PM
This succs

The show was getting much better.

whatsername
5/17/2007, 06:33 AM
So, I noticed it wasn't on last night. Was it cancelled immediately or was it already planned that it wouldn't be on this week?

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2007, 08:21 AM
Last week was the season finale.

The just wont make any more apparently.

OKLA21FAN
5/17/2007, 08:30 AM
CBS is dead to me

Boomer.....
5/17/2007, 08:42 AM
Last week was the season finale.

The just wont make any more apparently.
There is no way that last weeks show was the finale. How do you end a show in the middle of a gun battle between the two towns with the Army getting in the middle of it?

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2007, 08:46 AM
Could you think of a better way to leave people on the edge of their seat than to have eminent battle, army on the way, and crucial leader fallen?

http://www.mediabuyerplanner.com/2007/05/10/jericho-season-finale-a-bomb/

didn't pay off though I guess

Mjcpr
5/17/2007, 08:54 AM
It was the season (now series) finale. (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/)

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2007, 08:58 AM
Nuts to CBS

good quote from that message board

Boomer.....
5/17/2007, 09:00 AM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4333/53927weaksaucezk7.jpg

fixed :D

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2007, 09:02 AM
http://microdoted.com/gallery/data/501/53927weaksauce.jpg
pwned in a bad way:D

Vaevictis
5/17/2007, 11:41 AM
Big middle finger to CBS.

It's getting to the point where I just will stop watching new TV shows. They've canceled something like five new shows this season that I had been watching.

Mjcpr
5/17/2007, 01:14 PM
Big middle finger to CBS.

It's getting to the point where I just will stop watching new TV shows. They've canceled something like five new shows this season that I had been watching.

Maybe you just have really bad taste?

whatsername
6/6/2007, 06:25 AM
CBS eyes "Jericho" resurrection

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The relentless campaign of loyal fans of "Jericho" may yet pay off: CBS is in talks to bring back the post-apocalyptic drama with a seven-episode midseason order.

No deals are yet in place, and there are several hurdles to overcome, but the fact that the network is moving to resurrect the canceled freshman series is a testament to legions of fans, whose tireless campaign to save the show has involved sending tens of thousands of pounds of nuts to top CBS executives.
Talks are under way with cast members, including star Skeet Ulrich (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Skeet+Ulrich), to return. The network is said to have options on all actors, but deals would need to be modified to reflect the unusual timing and number of episodes. As a result of proposed budget reductions, some of "Jericho's" characters would not return for the abbreviated second season.
Serialized drama "Jericho," co-created and executive produced by Stephen Chbosky and executive produced by Jon Turteltaub, chronicles the lives of the residents of the Kansas town of Jericho who have survived a series of nuclear explosions throughout the U.S.
Efforts are under way to assemble a writing staff for the proposed seven-episode order, with several original staff writers expected to return.
Carol Barbee, who served as executive producer/showrunner on the show last season, has been tapped as executive producer/showrunner on another CBS series, the midseason drama "Swingtown." It is understood that she would be able to do "Swingtown" and "Jericho," probably serving as consultant on the latter.
"Jericho" had a promising launch in the fall but struggled upon its return to the schedule after a three-month hiatus, when it had to face the biggest show on television, Fox's "American Idol."
Still, the show was popular on the Web and on other digital platforms and developed a strong fan base that refused to accept CBS' decision in May to cancel the show after one season. "Jericho" supporters launched the nuts campaign, which was inspired by a line in the first-episode finale uttered by Ulrich's Jake Green in response to the neighboring town's request to surrender. "Nuts," he said.

Mjcpr
6/6/2007, 08:55 AM
Hmmmmm......interesting.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/6/2007, 09:34 AM
Okay, glad I never got into the show for it to be cancelled. Damn CBS and what you did to Threshold as well...

Okay, what happened, who sent the nukes and what cities were hit. TIA.

Rhino
6/6/2007, 10:35 AM
As much as the acting and script sucked sometimes, I'm actually really glad to hear it's being considered - if only to just wrap the whole thing up.

Boomer.....
6/6/2007, 04:33 PM
It should definitely come back.

Phil
6/6/2007, 08:24 PM
Woot! Jericho returns!! It's only a seven-episode midseason order, but it's coming back! Leslie hates it for its 80's cheesy feel, but it's oddly captivating. With only a seven-episode order, CBS won't be able to hamstring it with a three-month hiatus in the middle of the season. Hopefully, the ratings will be good enough for them to bring it back full-on.

http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=13329

C&CDean
6/6/2007, 08:33 PM
WTF? Phil has posted more today than in the past year. Cool. Even if it is in a ****ty TV show thread.

Phil
6/6/2007, 10:28 PM
What have I posted today, like three times, including this one?

I'm hip deep in writing a brief that's putting me to sleep, so I jumped over here to see if it would keep me awake a little longer.

Boomer.....
3/10/2008, 07:58 AM
So, after a few episodes, what does everyone think?

I thought it started out very slow and the story lines were confusing. There were a lot of characters missing and then they show up out of no where. Last weeks episode was good and finally makes me think that this show is going to get back to where it was before the break.

Rhino
3/10/2008, 11:10 AM
I've actually thought the storylines and acting is a lot better this season.

Pricetag
3/10/2008, 12:55 PM
The first episode felt strange, but it's been solid since. I noticed a promo on CBS yesterday that was saying "The Final Three," so I'm guessing that maybe this is all we're getting. As long as they wrap things up, I guess I'm okay with that.

Cam
3/23/2008, 10:54 AM
Kind of seems less cheesy to me this time around. Still liking it. It'll be interesting to see how they leave it since this week is their last show.

Phil
3/23/2008, 03:03 PM
The first episode felt strange, but it's been solid since. I noticed a promo on CBS yesterday that was saying "The Final Three," so I'm guessing that maybe this is all we're getting. As long as they wrap things up, I guess I'm okay with that.

Yep - cancelled again, this time for good, I'm sure. Oh, well. At least they'll clean things up and have an ending.

Cam
3/23/2008, 04:31 PM
Yep - cancelled again, this time for good, I'm sure. Oh, well. At least they'll clean things up and have an ending.

Damn, hadn't heard that. :(

Mjcpr
3/23/2008, 07:59 PM
I read there was a chance it could be picked up by a cable channel though.

Czar Soonerov
3/23/2008, 08:27 PM
that sux. :(

sooneron
3/25/2008, 09:55 PM
I give them credit, they brought it this season.

Cam
3/25/2008, 09:57 PM
Hella strong way to end it.

I really do hope another channel picks it up. I don't expect it to happen, but I'll be pleased if it does.

sooneron
3/25/2008, 10:01 PM
Hella strong way to end it.

I really do hope another channel picks it up. I don't expect it to happen, but I'll be pleased if it does.

I could see FX or SciFi picking it up. I will hope for FX. Last year, we watched it as a cheesy crap show to turn our minds off. This year was really good. Almost LOST good. I can see this as an ending point, tho.

Pricetag
3/25/2008, 10:23 PM
I was glad to see them wrap it up, but without completely slamming the door on the story. I won't hold my breath, but it was at least a little something.

I was also glad they worked in one more Hawkins neck snap.

Vaevictis
3/25/2008, 11:25 PM
That's actually a pretty damned good way to end it.

Interesting thing is that the way they ended it, they could continue it as a different production altogether -- like a spin-off series -- which I suppose might make it easier to do. They could very easily shift focus away from Jericho to the wider conflict, for example.

Or, they can continue the focus on Jericho with Beck's revolt, with the eastern States coming to the rescue at the last minute.

Lots of options, and if nothing more happens with the show, at least it's a pretty good close on the story of Jericho.

I'm impressed.

Rhino
3/26/2008, 01:02 AM
This season was 100x better than last season. I think most of it had to do with cutting out all the romantic storylines. Well, and limiting some characters' speaking lines and appearances.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/26/2008, 09:13 AM
So what happened?