PDA

View Full Version : questions for OU/TX gameday vets

Partial Qualifier
10/5/2006, 08:28 AM
thanks, it's been awhile since I've gone to the game :bsmf:

- are the endzone-ish seats benches or chairs? Sec. 34 to be exact

- we're planning to reach fair park at @ noon. is the traffic already hellacious at noon? If so, is there a "best route" to take on gameday?

- can I get a BOOOOMER SOOOONER, BABY ? woot woot?

CincySooner
10/5/2006, 08:53 AM
I'd try for a little earlier... maybe 11.

If you get there too early find a beer tent and watch the first half of the 11am game.

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2006, 08:56 AM
Chairs in the entire stadium except for low rows in the student sections.

Corny dogs before the game.. beer...

and.. there is this GREAT route on the back roads to take...

sooner518
10/5/2006, 09:00 AM
I was in sec 31 two years ago, down low, right behind the OU band and it was chairs. I was in row 6 and it was a student ticket, so I'm guessing you have a very high probability of having a chair

soonerlaw
10/5/2006, 09:03 AM
The Pavillion is the place for beer.

instigator
10/5/2006, 09:03 AM
I take DART to the RRS and it is very easy and fast. I still go in about 3 hours early though to check out the fair atmosphere.

Taxman71
10/5/2006, 09:08 AM
Check your PM

mrowl
10/5/2006, 09:21 AM
dont take the dart if you wanna see the game.

You have to be on the train by 10am if you wanna make it. Its a cluster F of a system.

And yes, there is a GREAT route that avoids ALL traffic. :D

jwlynn64
10/5/2006, 09:36 AM
Just go any of the park and rides and they have dedicated buses to get you to the fair. Be sure to get on the bus around 11:00 if you plan to get there by noon. The traffic around the fair can get pretty crazy.

If you plan on driving, just go down MLK road and pay to park near the CVS on the south side of the road. The walk from there to the fair isn't too bad.

instigator
10/5/2006, 09:56 AM
dont take the dart if you wanna see the game.

You have to be on the train by 10am if you wanna make it. Its a cluster F of a system.

And yes, there is a GREAT route that avoids ALL traffic. :D

I ride it every year and have never had an issue. I'll elt you know if I miss the game this year. :)

OUmetsfan
10/5/2006, 10:35 AM
I've heard various rumors, but if you have a student ticket for the game are you required to show a valid student ID? I only ask cause I have lost mine need to know whether i need to go get another one b4 we leave for Dallas.

Thanks for any help!

Partial Qualifier
10/5/2006, 10:52 AM
Spek to all, even for those who teased me about the extra-special magic back-road fair entry :mad: ;)

thanks.

edit: Taxman71 hooked me up with the secret directions. Double spek for that, Taxman :)

Taxman71
10/5/2006, 12:31 PM
Actually, I owe those directions to a well-mannered, non-English speaking cab driver in 1990. Although he had no respect for speed limits, general motor vehicle regulations or human life, may he forever rest in peace.