PDA

View Full Version : Worst Damned Luck

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2006, 12:38 AM
Earlier tonight I was driving home after grabbing some take-out.

Anyway, I was singing along to Eminem and Nate Dogg's song "Shake that ***" in the car..pretty loudly. So, I looked down and noticed my pants were glowing. I pulled my cell phone out (as I sing some of the more explicit lyrics) and notice an on going call...Apparently I had neglected to put the keypad lock on.

Well, I finally hear a woman screaming, "who is this!? who is this!?!" I looked at the callerID and this is where things get really bad. It was the wife of a very prominent Oklahoma Republican politican who you'd all know of...I had his home phone number because I spoke to him a couple of times back in 2004 invovling a state house race. Not a huge deal, but I never took his number off my phone.

I was pretty horrified. I hung up without saying anything and went into my voicemail and took my name off it. She never called back, but I'm going to give it another week. I think I'm safe becuase no way in hell did they save my number or remember it.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/5/2006, 12:48 AM
Should've sang along to some Paul Anka or Neil Diamond tunes instead.:D

OCUDad
10/5/2006, 12:52 AM
Is she hawt?

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2006, 01:06 AM
I'm not sure I've ever seen his wife.
Give me a minute to do a google search and I'll let you know.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2006, 01:07 AM
Eh...she's alright.

SoonerBorn68
10/5/2006, 01:27 AM
Earnest is going to be ****ed! :eek:

;)

Vaevictis
10/5/2006, 01:30 AM
Yeah man! Compound it by hanging up and making her think you're a stalker person!@# :)

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2006, 01:38 AM
Earnest is going to be ****ed! :eek:

;)

Not Istook. Thank God.
I'm not going to say who it is though.

william_brasky
10/5/2006, 01:54 AM
that's what you get for listening to that crap. :twinkies:

Sooner24
10/5/2006, 06:59 AM

AMEN!!!

Osce0la
10/5/2006, 09:48 AM
Coulda been worse, you could've been singing that Hinder song...just sayin'...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/5/2006, 03:01 PM
"Sorry to bother you at home, Mrs. Inhofe."

royalfan5
10/5/2006, 03:04 PM
Have you considered that perhaps you have aquired some bad karma. Perhaps you need to spend some time rescueing puppies or hugging kittens.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2006, 03:29 PM
Have you considered that perhaps you have aquired some bad karma. Perhaps you need to spend some time rescueing puppies or hugging kittens.

You have no idea how bad it really is. I swear I have a dark cloud over my head that follows me around. It's like the Kennedy curse without the relief of death.

proud gonzo
10/5/2006, 03:42 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/shakeass.html

royalfan5
10/5/2006, 03:47 PM
You have no idea how bad it really is. I swear I have a dark cloud over my head that follows me around. It's like the Kennedy curse without the relief of death.
Look at the brightside, you'll always have that poli sci degree to fall back on, if it helps I can loan you mine since I'm not using it. That way you'd have 2 Poli sci degrees. That has to be impressive right?

soonerbrat
10/5/2006, 03:50 PM
you make up the stupidest stories EVAR

LilSooner
10/5/2006, 03:54 PM
Heck I'll even throw in my Poli Sci and a History degree to the cause. Lord know's I'm not using mine.

BoogercountySooner
10/5/2006, 04:23 PM
Lets not talk about the Enima sounds I've heard!

Sooner_Bob
10/5/2006, 04:34 PM

double amen

mdklatt
10/5/2006, 04:50 PM
I hung up without saying anything and went into my voicemail and took my name off it. She never called back, but I'm going to give it another week. I think I'm safe becuase no way in hell did they save my number or remember it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure somebody like that wouldn't have caller ID, or else enough pull to get some phone records, or possibly even a security detail assigned to his family or sumthin'....

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure somebody like that wouldn't have caller ID, or else enough pull to get some phone records, or possibly even a security detail assigned to his family or sumthin'....

Well it was on my cell so my phone number would show up but not my name. Thank God. If they cared that much they probably could find out who it was, but hopefully they just shrugged it off as a prank or something. Hopefully...

sanantoniosooner
10/5/2006, 11:00 PM
I hear pranks directed at former public official usually get ignored.

Jimminy Crimson
10/6/2006, 01:18 AM
Cheers to poli sci degrees!

I'm actually using mine this year :texan:

Vaevictis
10/6/2006, 02:13 AM

I'm actually using mine this year :texan:

... as toilet paper? ;)

soonercody
10/6/2006, 05:38 AM
Sic'Em. I had a similar, althought less prominent call recipient, incident. I ordered some food, picked it up, and apparently kept calling the place back all the way home b/c of the way my phone and seatbelt were positioned. They called me when I got home and wanted to know if "everything was alright?" I now put said phone in it's own cozy little place in the truck where it won't accidentally get its buttons pushed.

Your story is much more classic.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/6/2006, 08:28 AM

I'm actually using mine this year :texan:Me too and I didn't even go to law school.

royalfan5
10/6/2006, 08:44 AM
how many poli sci majors does this board have?

49r
10/6/2006, 08:47 AM

Or having horney threesomes with random hawt s[k]an[k]y teenagers that just happen to drop by. I'm pretty sure that'd be good for one's karma.

Jimminy Crimson
10/6/2006, 09:52 AM
Me too and I didn't even go to law school.

Law school is for the proletariat! ;)

MiccoMacey
10/6/2006, 10:42 AM
I keep my cell phone in my pocket. The key to lock and unlock the phonekeys is a slide mechanism on the side, so if you sit down with said phone in your pocket it'll activate the phone.

Which it did.

It called my wife.

At 2:00 in the morning.

As I'm coming out of a strip club here in Tulsa.

As I'm walking out of the door, I hear my wife screaming from my pants pocket..."John...John".

Very surreal. Until I got home, and the reality of it all hit.

Reality made me sleep on the sofa for a week.

10/6/2006, 11:02 AM
Ah, that explains the vaseline.