PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Colt and Snead

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2006, 11:29 PM
Ok - scenario. Seems like sometimes defenses have difficulty in stopping a second team QB when they come in in relief. Sometimes it's due to injury, and sometimes it's due to the first team guy just being completely ineffective.

Last year we got out to a big lead against A&M, and Fran brings in McGee who runs option when McNeal gets hurt. Both guys are mobile, but the option hurt us all day.

Bottom line question is this. Let's say for some reason McCoy goes out. He gets hurt, he is simply not moving the team, or :mack: just decides to throw Venables a curve ball and throw Snead out there for a couple of series. What are the differences in style between the two? Are there any clear advantages between one or the other.

Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake to make a change. But :mack: isn't known for making great decisions in the RRS.

horninokc
10/4/2006, 11:44 PM
Ok - scenario. Seems like sometimes defenses have difficulty in stopping a second team QB when they come in in relief. Sometimes it's due to injury, and sometimes it's due to the first team guy just being completely ineffective.

Last year we got out to a big lead against A&M, and Fran brings in McGee who runs option when McNeal gets hurt. Both guys are mobile, but the option hurt us all day.

Bottom line question is this. Let's say for some reason McCoy goes out. He gets hurt, he is simply not moving the team, or :mack: just decides to throw Venables a curve ball and throw Snead out there for a couple of series. What are the differences in style between the two? Are there any clear advantages between one or the other.

Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake to make a change. But :mack: isn't known for making great decisions in the RRS.

Jevan is faster than Colt with a stronger arm. but he also has shown a tendancy to make poor decisions resulting in illadvised throws and more interceptions. He just hasn't had as much work as Colt and is not as collected.

setem
10/5/2006, 12:19 AM
Colt - Sucks:)

Jecan - Has not had a chance to suck:)

sooner94
10/5/2006, 12:20 AM
Colt "pitches" and Jevan "catches."

Rhino
10/5/2006, 12:25 AM
McCoy : Snead :: Mock : Young

TrophyCollector
10/5/2006, 01:22 AM
Chrissy came in to save Oppie in 2000. Mock started to give Radio time to adjust to the pressure in 2003. So under Stoops we have won the RRSO 128-27 when texass plays two QBs. So I strongly suggest they play Snead on Saturday.

On the flip side, when we lost our starting QB Hybl and had to go with the backup White and when we lost our starter White and had to go with our backup Hybl...we still won.

BIG_IKE
10/5/2006, 07:05 AM
Hmmm...I can't say. Both are obviously much faster than Applewhite or Simms. Looking at their numbers they don't seem as bad as we make them to be...in fact, Colt is #8 in Efficiency.

Colt McCoy
Completion Pct.: 71.13%
Touchdowns: 10
Interceptions: 2
Passing Yards: 846
Rushing Yards: 59
QB Rating: 174.3

Jevan Snead
Completion Pct.: 72.2%
Touchdowns: 1
Interceptions: 1
Passing Yards: 181
Rushing Yards: 89
QB Rating: 163.91

Paul Thompson
Completion Pct.: 62.2%
Touchdowns: 8
Interceptions: 3
Passing Yards: 930
Rushing Yards: 5
QB Rating: 162.8

LONGHORNS AS A TEAM NATIONALLY
Rushing Offense 14
Passing Offense 47
Total Offense 20
Scoring Offense 4
Rushing Defense 2
Pass Efficiency Defense 58
Total Defense 4
Scoring Defense 10
Net Punting 2
Punt Returns 9
Kickoff Returns 35
Turnover Margin T-52
Pass Defense 55
Passing Efficiency 4
Sacks 9
Tackles For Loss 7
Sacks Allowed T-10

Despite these numbers..I will reserve my judgement til Sunday Morning. Hopefully we can send them falling down in several categories.