PDA

View Full Version : A pedophile nearly snatched a child

Penguin
10/4/2006, 10:35 PM
Last night, the top news story in Houston was a report of a pedophile looking for potential victims in the far western suburbs of Houston.

A man in a Chevy Impala, stopped and asked a little girl to help him look for a puppy. Luckily, her dad was in the backyard and when he walked around the corner the car drove off. A neighbor wrote down a partial license plate and description of the car. The media interviewed neighbors who were shocked by the news. "This is a safe neighborhood!" "This shows you that this kind of stuff can happen anywhere." A police spokesman warned parents about the attempted abduction. "A grownup does not ask help from children. This is a very common tactic for a child predator to ask a child for help looking for a puppy or a kitten." The police asked for help locating the car and they aired the description of the car, the wanted man, and the partial license plate number. They spent a good five minutes on the story and the media gave a few tips to help kids avoid getting abducted.

They reported tonight that the police have found the man. Turns out he is visiting from Beaumont. His dog ran away. He drove around in an unfamiliar neighborhood looking for his dog. He saw a girl by the street and stopped and asked her if she had seen his dog. She said, "No" and he drove off continuing his search. The dog was later found run over in a street a few blocks over.

No charges are being filed against a man that was labelled a pedophile and child predator.

Lesson: Don't ever ask a child on the street a question.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/5/2006, 09:15 AM
Wow, that is bizarre. Sad to think that everyone who talks to a kid anymore is a molester. I feel uncomfortable around any kids because of the preceived notion now and days. A sad world indeed, but I can understand the fear too. It is a very sharp double edged sword.

Hatfield
10/5/2006, 09:24 AM
my cousin was picked up once by a pedophile piece of crap...as they were driving away they were talking and she mentioned that her dad was a cop.

thank the lord he turned around and dropped her back off.