PDA

View Full Version : Mack on friday night lights

Sonner magic923
10/4/2006, 08:03 PM
Did any one see the clapper on FNL last night? I about fell out om my seat laughing at it one of his lines was actually "You dont need a great quaterback to win a championship" LMAO

horninokc
10/4/2006, 08:09 PM
Did any one see the clapper on FNL last night? I about fell out om my seat laughing at it one of his lines was actually "You dont need a great quaterback to win a championship" LMAO

That makes me think the show's writers have a great sense of humor!

Pride Baritone
10/4/2006, 08:16 PM
I was very unimpressed with this show. Predictable plot, poor writing, and I couldn't empathize with any of the characters. Not to mention the multiple whorn references and the appearance of Mack.

BigDeezy
10/4/2006, 09:10 PM

I heard that line too, and nearly spit my drink out through my nose.

I thought he actually did a pretty good job with the scene.

KC//CRIMSON
10/4/2006, 09:43 PM
$hitty movie. $hitty series.

oh, and $hitty whorns!

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/4/2006, 09:50 PM
Never saw the movie....I could really care less

OKMAGIC
10/4/2006, 09:51 PM
That series is going Tango Uniform right damn now.

Norm In Norman
10/4/2006, 10:05 PM
I feel sickened that I ever watched that show.

sooneron
10/4/2006, 10:10 PM
Did they use cgi to make his teeth appear white-ish?

OU-HSV
10/5/2006, 08:01 AM
:mack:
I feel sickened that I ever watched that show.
Exactly..I DVR'd the first episode and watched it last night. My wife and I kept looking at eachother saying "wow this sucks". Needless to say I stopped watching it last night and deleted it. I actually liked the movie (and have it on DVD), but this series is stupid. And the Mack Brown appearance was god awful.
That being said...back to what matters..let's beat those losers this weekend! :mack:

Jason White's Third Knee
10/5/2006, 08:10 AM
The movie, is without a doubt in my mind, the best football movie out there.

I appreciated the pilot. It IS tv, so I gotta cut them some slack.
The action on the field was at least a little believable. It'll get better. Was Andy Reid te other coach?

I thought it was odd that they referenced Mack Brown earlier in the movie then he shows up as booster. Weird. I thought he did pretty good though. Liked the QB line. It was pretty funny and very topical. I hope they get Barry in a few shows. That'd be great.

RedstickSooner
10/5/2006, 08:37 AM
I thought the Brown cameo was funny as heck, particularly since it seemed to be written in such a way that implied it would be a recurring thing. Guess he has a lot of time on his hands? :D

I also wondered about the Andy Reid thing. I couldn't find anyplace online that'd list cameos for the episode, and didn't pay attention to the opening credits -- did they actually credit Brown and/or Reid in those spots?

The crack about not needing a quarterback was brilliant. And I appreciated that Brown delivered the line - seemed to show he had a bit of a sense of humor over his good fortune last year.

The show was only so-so, but a lot of shows start out a bit rough. I'm giving it some more time.

soonersweetie
10/5/2006, 05:39 PM
Overall I thought it was good. Yes, predictable, but still good. But remember, not much changes in the world of small town high school football in the south.

Regarding Mack Brown I thought gees, must be nice to have that kind of time on your hands. Most NCAA programs of any worth would be concentrating on winning the BCS, not doing movie roles. I just can't see Stoops ever doing anything like that.

Kind of looked like they took Friday Night Lights, Remember the Titans and Varsity Blues and kind of rolled it all up in one. I could see bits and pieces of each movie in the pilot.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 05:48 PM
I read the book..good book...suck movie and tv series

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2006, 06:06 PM
The movie, is without a doubt in my mind, the best football movie out there.
Rudy?

Remember the Titans?

The Longest Yard?

North Dallas Forty?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 06:09 PM
Rudy?

Remember the Titans?

The Longest Yard?

Neccessary Roughness?

boomer214
10/5/2006, 06:16 PM
How 'bout Necessary Roughness?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 06:21 PM
How 'bout Necessary Roughness?

yup thats a good one also

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 06:22 PM
Any movie with Scott Bakula at qb and Kathy Ireland at kicker is genious in my book

birddog
10/5/2006, 06:29 PM
best of times- with robin williams and kurt what's his name.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2006, 06:30 PM
The Program is still my fave....It featured Leatherface as the big steroid using freak...

josh09
10/5/2006, 06:37 PM

LOOOOOOOOOL :D :D :D

Jason White's Third Knee
10/5/2006, 07:04 PM
Rudy?

Remember the Titans?

The Longest Yard?

North Dallas Forty?

Rudy was decent and I guess it was a football movie. A Notre Dame movie about a bench warmer.

The longest Yard (the old one) was great, but it was more about the gags.
North Dallas Forty was decent. Tolerable.

Remember the Titans sucked. I hate that movie. From Denzel's preachyness and the white head coach being a total idiot, to the coach's daughter being a football genius and the gay karate QB and the white guys doing all of the black guy's moves. I just hated that movie. It makes white people look dumb. The action was rediculous too.

Friday night lights was more realistic than any of the others. The action was pretty good too.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/5/2006, 07:07 PM
The Program is still my fave....It featured Leatherface as the big steroid using freak...

Terrible movie. Right up there with Johnny Be Good.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/5/2006, 07:16 PM
Any movie with Scott Bakula at qb and Kathy Ireland at kicker is genious in my book

Any movie with Don Knotts at coach and Gus the Mule at kicker is genius in my book. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00007GZZU/ref=dp_image_0/102-0263467-2576176?ie=UTF8&n=130&s=dvd)

goingoneight
10/5/2006, 08:29 PM
How about Bootlegger's Boy?!? I thought that was a great movie!!! :D

Sonner magic923
10/5/2006, 08:43 PM
what? any given sunday cant get no love or how about the replacements

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2006, 11:20 PM
Rudy was decent and I guess it was a football movie. A Notre Dame movie about a bench warmer.
In my opinion it's the greatest football movie to date.

And it's DEFINITELY a football movie.

The longest Yard (the old one) was great, but it was more about the gags.
North Dallas Forty was decent. Tolerable.

Yeah...I meant the original Longest Yard. Loved that flick.

Remember the Titans sucked. I hate that movie. From Denzel's preachyness and the white head coach being a total idiot, to the coach's daughter being a football genius and the gay karate QB and the white guys doing all of the black guy's moves. I just hated that movie. It makes white people look dumb. The action was rediculous too.

Wow. Uhm...sorry...I think you read a little too much into that. I didn't get ANY of those things from that movie.

I thought it was a very good movie and I thought Denzel did a fantastic job in it.

hmm

Friday night lights was more realistic than any of the others. The action was pretty good too.

Sorry. Totally disagree with you there. I thought Friday Night Lights was pure crap.

The fat guy who almost dies. The whipped cream bikini. Jon Voight? BLECH! The movie was just bad stereotype after bad cliche after bad stereotype. I thought it was sophomoric crap.

But we're all entitled to our own opinions. That's what makes America great.

How about All the Right Moves? That was a pretty darn good football movie, Tom Cruise nonwithstanding.

Or Best of Times with Kurt Russell and Robin Williams?

The Maestro
10/5/2006, 11:29 PM
Uh, hello? Don't you enjoy shaving cream more each day thanks to the Oscar-worthy, "Varsity Blues"?

Not to mention James van Der Beek. He is to acting what Nate Newton is to the quarterback position in baseball.

Yes...I know.

TWChad
10/5/2006, 11:30 PM

Sorry. Totally disagree with you there. I thought Friday Night Lights was pure crap.

The fat guy who almost dies. The whipped cream bikini. Jon Voight? BLECH! The movie was just bad stereotype after bad cliche after bad stereotype. I thought it was sophomoric crap.

But we're all entitled to our own opinions. That's what makes America great.

Thats Varsity Blues not Friday Night Lights.

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2006, 05:39 AM
Thats Varsity Blues not Friday Night Lights.
Eh...same movie.