PDA

View Full Version : Pic Caption on Fox News

Mjcpr
10/4/2006, 03:49 PM
And no, I'm not touching it.

Caption: Somber Duty
Coroner who was at scene of grisly Amish school slayings takes a moment for herself.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/100406_coroner.jpg

Beef
10/4/2006, 03:51 PM
I got in a lot of trouble for taking a moment for myself in church.

Beef
10/4/2006, 03:53 PM
It got really hot in my office all of the sudden.

OUDoc
10/4/2006, 05:47 PM
http://www.band-in-a-box-karaoke.com/images/09Funstuff/crossing_the_line.jpg

Mjcpr
10/4/2006, 06:30 PM
Is that beef?

Hatfield
10/4/2006, 06:54 PM
word is that the fred phelps group is going to protest at these funerals.

man those people suck

OUDoc
10/4/2006, 07:28 PM

man those people suck
I heard that, too. I don't know why that whole group hasn't been shot, other than it's a waste of lead. Bunch of ignorant dickweeds.

And, no, Pat. That's you. :D

Sooner_Bob
10/4/2006, 07:29 PM

man those people suck

Seriously?

What's to protest? Do they think they girls were killed because God hates people who don't have electricity?

I really hope they don't get anywhere near the funeral.

OUDoc
10/4/2006, 07:35 PM
Seriously?

What's to protest? Do they think they girls were killed because God hates people who don't have electricity?

I really hope they don't get anywhere near the funeral.
Actually, how do the Amish feel about annoying people? Any Amish mafia? :cool:

Sooner_Bob
10/4/2006, 07:36 PM
Actually, how do the Amish feel about shooting people? :cool:

I honestly have no clue as to what their belief system might be. I'd imagine they're a forgiving people who just want to be left alone to live the life they have chosen to live. Then again they could be of the "an eye for an eye" persuasion. :confused:

OUDoc
10/4/2006, 07:38 PM
Then again they could be of the "an eye for an eye" persuasion. :confused:
That's what I was hoping for.

You see I edited my previous quote. Somehow, when I re-read it in light of what happened, it sounded inappropriate.:O

Sooner_Bob
10/4/2006, 07:40 PM
I don't think it is . . . but I'll edit it out of my post if you want.

okienole3
10/4/2006, 07:45 PM
Actually, how do the Amish feel about annoying people? Any Amish mafia? :cool:

Actually...yes there is.

http://tonyskansascity.com/tonyskansascity/amishfingerbillcoleman.jpg

Somebody needs to stop that Fred Phelps creep. Have some decency.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/4/2006, 07:45 PM
I have a feeling the Amish would pity Fred Phelps. They probably feel like this is God's way of calling these children home and have enourmous grief for themselves but enourmous pride in knowing that these young girls are in heaven. I have never met an Amish person that I didn't REALLLY REALLY respect. Everytime I have talked to Amish people it was almost like talking to someone in church. The Amish have truly embraced the notion that Church is the world we live in and not a building we go to. I know it wouldn't happen but I would hope Fred Phelps could see these people and realize what real faith is.

Sooner_Bob
10/4/2006, 07:49 PM
Great post Gandalf.

setem
10/4/2006, 08:07 PM
His group has slightly fewer than 100 members, 90 of whom are related to Phelps through blood or marriage and his daughter says she is only 80% related. I don't know how that works, but it was on Wikipedia and if it is on there it has to be true!

So he really only had 10.2 followers...these people are scum and I dont think anyone would get into any trouble if someone fire-bombed their headquarters.

As for the Amish, I feel very sorry for what happened to those children and I do not see what they have done to anyone to deserve being targets by those ignorant ***-holes in Kansas.

OUDoc
10/4/2006, 09:07 PM
I don't think it is . . . but I'll edit it out of my post if you want.
Nah. Thanks though, Bob.

Hatfield
10/4/2006, 09:12 PM
they are in no way an eye for an eye type group.

read an article where they were all hesitant to call him an evil person. they prefered to forgive him and realized that he had problems.

unreal the way they were able to offer forgiveness they way they did.

OklahomaTuba
10/4/2006, 09:17 PM
Amish are great people. There are some near Inola and my company likes to take people from overseas to their place to eat. Its a great experience for them.

Still can't believe that someone would do this, or that this phelps ******* is trying to get involved.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/4/2006, 09:18 PM
Well alot of Christians could learn something about judging others from the Amish. It isn't our worldly destinies to classify what and who is evil.

OklahomaTuba
10/4/2006, 09:23 PM
I think Evil is self-evident. There is a wrong and there is a right.

Nevertheless, there are lots of things we could all learn from the Amish.

The fact they live their lives the way they do in this modern age shows how strong of faith and will they are.

GottaHavePride
10/4/2006, 09:58 PM
Well alot of Christians could learn something about judging others from the Amish. It isn't our worldly destinies to classify what and who is evil.

I'm not a Christian, so I have no problem saying Fred Phelps is an evil f***er that needs to hurry up and die.

VeeJay
10/4/2006, 10:06 PM
Out. Thread makes me sad in my head.

OklahomaTuba
10/4/2006, 10:10 PM
I'm not a Christian, so I have no problem saying Fred Phelps is an evil f***er that needs to hurry up and die.

I am a Christian, and don't have a problem saying he is evil either.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/4/2006, 11:36 PM
I was talking more about the deranged psycho who killed the kids. I think when you have the malicious intent of drawing out pain of others then you are evil. So Fred Phelps is an evil man. Whereas this guy, I mean it almost seems like in about a week he had an epic meltdown. I mean how does a man lead an almost normal life up until a week ago and just snap like he did.

sanantoniosooner
10/4/2006, 11:41 PM
Mean spek comments.