PDA

View Full Version : Downloading television shows

Skysooner
10/4/2006, 12:33 PM
I have a premiere I missed the other day, because the show changed television stations (and hence my DVR did not find it). It isn't available on Itunes and nothing is showing up on BitTorrent. Any suggestions on good sites (without all the bs spyware, etc.) to download television shows?

yermom
10/4/2006, 12:56 PM
you are embarrased to tell us what it is, aren't you?

Rhino
10/4/2006, 01:14 PM
If it's ABC or CBS, you might check their websites. They've been offering free episodes online.

handcrafted
10/4/2006, 01:32 PM
I dunno, but I'd be really cautious on anything that isn't an "official" site. I tried that last week and ended up with a NASTY-AZZ spyware/hijackware called Trojan.ZLOB. Took specialized command line apps and 2 hours to get rid of it. Mainstream anti-spyware programs would not even recognize it much less remove it.

Never again.

Czar Soonerov
10/4/2006, 01:41 PM
I dunno, but I'd be really cautious on anything that isn't an "official" site. I tried that last week and ended up with a NASTY-AZZ spyware/hijackware called Trojan.ZLOB. Took specialized command line apps and 2 hours to get rid of it. Mainstream anti-spyware programs would not even recognize it much less remove it.

Never again.

So you got my email?

;)

handcrafted
10/4/2006, 02:06 PM
So you got my email?

;)

Nah, I'm sure it wasn't that. I have you blackholed in procmail so I never would have even seen it. ;)

Skysooner
10/4/2006, 02:33 PM
It is the Veronica Mars premiere, and it is on a new station that doesn't upload its stuff. It was never a problem before as WB used to replay it on Sunday nights. They don't do this on the new station.

yermom
10/4/2006, 02:48 PM
mmm...Veronica Mars

i haven't watched that show much, but i do seem to linger on the channel when i go by it