PDA

View Full Version : I'm at it again...

proud gonzo
10/4/2006, 12:19 PM
I just spent a half hour in the Dean's office complaining about my journalism professor.

I guess I just can't avoid stirring the pot. :D

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2006, 12:22 PM
the students always know more/better than the teachers ;)

Howzit
10/4/2006, 12:23 PM
I just spent a half hour in the Dean's office complaining about my journalism professor.

I guess I just can't avoid stirring the pot. :D

I DO THAT SAME DANCE!!! LIKE, ALL THE TIME!!!

BeetDigger
10/4/2006, 12:24 PM
I used to hate it when I got a B too.

mdklatt
10/4/2006, 12:25 PM
:pop:

TopDaugIn2000
10/4/2006, 12:33 PM
won't do a damn bit of good.

been there, done that.

IB4OU2
10/4/2006, 12:46 PM
One of my employees complained about me once.......just once. ;)

royalfan5
10/4/2006, 12:49 PM
I've never went to complain about a teacher. I figure if I'm smarter than them, it's up to me to teach myself. Bitching about it just takes away from valuable self teaching time.

Howzit
10/4/2006, 12:55 PM
I've never went to complain about a teacher. I figure if I'm smarter than them, it's up to me to teach myself. Bitching about it just takes away from valuable self teaching time.

But can you stir the pot?

That's the whole point here.

proud gonzo
10/4/2006, 12:56 PM
in order to figure out what he wants on the assignments and stuff so we can get good grades, we're forced to ask many questions attempting to clarify what he's saying. He becomes a smart *** and contradicts himself (within one class period even) and no matter how many times we redo things trying to figure out what he wants, we're always wrong. Our concern is that he's completely butchering the syllabus (because he's an adjunct teaching someone else's course) and that we're all going to fail either from not knowing what the hell he wants because he's a horrible teacher and doesn't communicate well, or we're going to fail because he hates us for questioning him.

Howzit
10/4/2006, 12:57 PM
I start the lawn mower sometimes, too.

SoonerInKCMO
10/4/2006, 01:04 PM
At least you're not in some engineering lab being taught by a grad student from China/Korea/Pakistan/Egypt that doesn't speak English.

Holy hell I hated those classes.

royalfan5
10/4/2006, 01:05 PM
in order to figure out what he wants on the assignments and stuff so we can get good grades, we're forced to ask many questions attempting to clarify what he's saying. He becomes a smart *** and contradicts himself (within one class period even) and no matter how many times we redo things trying to figure out what he wants, we're always wrong. Our concern is that he's completely butchering the syllabus (because he's an adjunct teaching someone else's course) and that we're all going to fail either from not knowing what the hell he wants because he's a horrible teacher and doesn't communicate well, or we're going to fail because he hates us for questioning him.
Perhaps you shouldn't have taken a class with him in the first place. Surely you were aware that he was a bad teacher to begin with. OU should be big enough you can dodge the worthless teachers.

handcrafted
10/4/2006, 01:09 PM
At least you're not in some engineering lab being taught by a grad student from China/Korea/Pakistan/Egypt that doesn't speak English.

Holy hell I hated those classes.

I left the entire Engineering college as a soph and switched to Poli Sci because I was constantly getting in classes with instructors that could not speak a word of english (or even Engrish). I'd have been ecstatic with "all your base are belong to us" even.

This was a bad situation 20 years ago. Nowadays I understand that the U is much tighter on language requirements for grad-asses/adjuncts.

Beef
10/4/2006, 01:11 PM
When I wasn't sure what professors wanted out of assignments, I just didn't do them. I showed them. HA!

mdklatt
10/4/2006, 01:13 PM
Surely you were aware that he was a bad teacher to begin with.

Not necessarily. What if he's new?

OU should be big enough you can dodge the worthless teachers.

That's true with the brazillian sections of lower division gen-ed classes, but not so much in your major. You can't dodge anybody in Meteorology, for example, because each upper division class is only offered in one section once a year.

NormanPride
10/4/2006, 01:17 PM
pg, in case you haven't gathered already, this is all your fault. You should have been more prepared coming into this year, and even still, there are more tactful ways to ask your questions. You need to learn how to better manage your time so these inconsistencies don't crop up again. I'd hate to see this kind of performance reflected on your yearly review.

...I'm sorry, I think I kind of veered of into ME there for a bit. Regardless. You screwed up, kid.

;););)

royalfan5
10/4/2006, 01:19 PM
Not necessarily. What if he's new?

That's true with the brazillian sections of lower division gen-ed classes, but not so much in your major. You can't dodge anybody in Meteorology, for example, because each upper division class is only offered in one section once a year.
I have managed to dodge worthless professors in my MBA program by doing summer and online work in the mandatory core program. If there are more worthless professors than you can dodge, perhaps you picked a bad program. If your creative you can get around bad profs, and sometimes it pays just to suck it up. If there, new you should be able to put the fear of god in him by hinting at a bad evaluation and get the problem solved, because he ain't tenured yet.

BeetDigger
10/4/2006, 01:20 PM
You can't dodge anybody in Meteorology, for example, because each upper division class is only offered in one section once a year.

I did my best to dodge everybody in meteorology. Bunch of nerds I tell you.

:D

proud gonzo
10/4/2006, 01:28 PM
Perhaps you shouldn't have taken a class with him in the first place. Surely you were aware that he was a bad teacher to begin with. OU should be big enough you can dodge the worthless teachers.

The professor who is supposed to teach this class is one of the two professional writing professors. MY "professor" is an adjunct and was not listed as teacher for the course. We didn't know who the teacher would be until we came to class the first day.

Only two sections of the class are offered, period. The other section of the class (taught by the actual professor) is during another class of mine (a class that only has ONE section).

And this is one of the required classes for my major. There's no way to get around it and it's actually the ONLY non-elective professional writing class the university offers.

Howzit
10/4/2006, 01:29 PM
You people are ****in' me off.

You've turned a perfectly good dance thread into one about grades and teachers and whatnot.

Czar Soonerov
10/4/2006, 01:45 PM
I just spent a half hour in Dean's office....

Wow, You'd think Ol' Dean would be good for at least 45 min.

:texan:

Beef
10/4/2006, 01:48 PM

Heh.
I mean BAD CZAR!!!!!!

BeetDigger
10/4/2006, 01:48 PM

Perhaps there was a line. :texan: