PDA

View Full Version : CCG or RRS????

BIG_IKE
10/4/2006, 07:54 AM
Beating the Horns Saturday......but the Horns win the Big 12 in the end

OR

Lose to the Horns Saturday...but OU wins the Big 12 in the end

Which would you prefer if those were the only two outcomes?
In short, which is more important to you..beating Texas or winning the Conference?

mxATVracer10
10/4/2006, 08:05 AM
I feel that the winner of the RRS is going to be the South rep. in the conference championship... So to me its important to first beat saxet and then go on to win the big XII ;)

OKC-SLC
10/4/2006, 08:11 AM
I want championship trophies. Therefore CCG>RRS.

tbl
10/4/2006, 08:57 AM
moot

Boomer.....
10/4/2006, 09:09 AM
I feel that the winner of the RRS is going to be the South rep. in the conference championship... So to me its important to first beat saxet and then go on to win the big XII ;)
x2.

RedstickSooner
10/4/2006, 09:27 AM
Yeah. 'Cuz, like, the RRS loser has *never* gone on to win the conference. I mean, not recently or anything.

It's a valid question - and we sure as heck can't assume that the RRS winner will win the conference.

So, if I had to choose... I'll actually choose winning the RRS, because Texas is the best foe on our schedule during the regular season, and if we lose to the best team on our schedule, we won't deserve to play in a BCS game.

It's a hard choice, though. The best argument the other way (to me) is that if we lose the RRS and win the conference, it means that we'll do so most likely with only 1 conference loss - which means a "two" loss regular season. Which will be, in truth, a one loss regular season. So, after kicking the snot out of whichever of the Sisters of the Poor "wins" the North division, we'd go into our BCS bowl game as (arguably) a single loss team.

Which'd be pretty sweet.

So, even though I'm kinda leaning towards the RRS, it wouldn't take much to make me flip-flop and settle on being conference champions. In the long view, winning the conference hardware would probably be a heckuva lot more meaningful.

Dangit. I've flipped. CCG, yo. The alternative is a three (or more) loss season. And if we lose that many, nobody will say much about our having won against Oregon. But as (officially) a two loss team, everyone will talk up how we got robbed, and deserve to be a one loss team.

It'd still suck to lose to Tejas two years running, though.

soonervegas
10/4/2006, 09:35 AM
CCG and not even close.

proudsoonergal
10/4/2006, 11:11 AM
Well, I know where I live colors this greatly, but I'd rather beat Texas. One year of smack is enough. :)

DrZaius
10/4/2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah. 'Cuz, like, the RRS loser has *never* gone on to win the conference. I mean, not recently or anything.

Even though Texas got waxed by Colorado. They still went to the game even though we beat them in the RRS.

BIG_IKE
10/4/2006, 12:05 PM
Even though Texas got waxed by Colorado. They still went to the game even though we beat them in the RRS.

I wouldnt call a 2 point win a "WAXING", but yeah they lost the RRS that year and still went.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/4/2006, 11:10 PM
Just thought I would bump this. CCG>RRS We just found out first hand! Great job Sooners!

RRWSooner
12/4/2006, 11:16 PM
I think it shows just how far we've come this season, and how Texas has plateaued.

Based on their last few weeks and our last few weeks, I believe we would smoke them today.

Of course, I'm saying all this while still wearing my crimson colored glasses :D

bixby28
12/4/2006, 11:16 PM
I would rather that OU go 8-4 and beat Texas, than 11-1 and lose to the horns.

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/4/2006, 11:24 PM
I would rather that OU go 8-4 and beat Texas, than 11-1 and lose to the horns.
You realize that UT made money on that upside down Horn logo visor you wear to church every Sunday don't you?

bixby28
12/4/2006, 11:33 PM
You realize that UT made money on that upside down Horn logo visor you wear to church every Sunday don't you?

Well, sorry for replying to the message.

RacerX
12/4/2006, 11:37 PM
Win the games that change the numbers on the press box.

RRWSooner
12/4/2006, 11:47 PM
I believe winning championships is more important.

Oklahoma is all about winning championships, not beating Texas.

A&M's existence is all about beating Texas.

We are not A&M. We are Oklahoma. :)

sanantoniosooner
12/4/2006, 11:56 PM
I'm just thankful I don't HAVE to choose.

We are after BOTH.

EVERY YEAR.

BIG_IKE
12/5/2006, 12:04 AM
A&M doesnt have much of an existence then.... being that they are on the losing end of a 73-35 rivalry. We have beat Texas more than A&M has and we have played them almost 30 less times.