PDA

View Full Version : The RUSH LIMBAUGH show-Main Theme and message. '06 Election

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/3/2006, 08:26 PM
Rush: GOP Must Take Gloves Off

Republicans have to take the gloves off and come out swinging if they expect to survive the elections in November, top radio talker Rush Limbaugh said Tuesday on his nationally syndicated radio program.

Noting that House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., who appeared on his show Tuesday, has said he will not resign despite the editorial call from the Washington Times to do so, a fiery Rush said he hopes Hastert does much more than just talk on the issue.

Rush then ripped into the GOP, saying: "It's time for the Republicans to fight back. This is getting absurd. This constantly being on the defense or waiting for the next shoe to drop [has to stop]" he said.

"It's time for the Republicans to fight back and, led by Hastert, point out how the Democrats continue to avoid the real issues of importance . . . and are trying to distract the American people from what essentially is a non-existent agenda on the part of the Democrats to deal with things that really, really matter."

Limbaugh is frustrated by the media frenzy that is trying to take national security issues off the radar screen for voters in the midterm elections.

"The idea that the GOP side of the House of Representatives is a bunch of perverts hitting on [congressional] pages is absurd," Rush said. "It is the Democrats who have condoned that kind of behavior in the past. It's the Democrats who don't find that behavior repugnant in any way, shape, matter or form. This is not about protecting the children as far as they're concerned: this is a strategic attack, timed during an election and the Republicans don't have to sit there and take it," Rush stormed.

On a roll, Rush continued: "They can say whatever they want to say about it, but then return fire. The president is doing his bit. He's on a campaign trip, he's out West. He's continuing to say that the security of the country can't be trusted in [Democrats'] hands."

Rush said he didn't agree that the GOP won't be able to hold Foley's Florida congressional seat in the November elections.

"The Republicans have held this seat for 25 years," Rush told his national radio audience. "I would be surprised if they lose this seat. We still have this mindset that all the voters are major fools and idiots and whatever the media bubble of the day is affects them and they respond to all this . . . I think it's just the opposite and the Democrats are going to overplay their hand on this . . . They'll overreact - they'll take it too far."

Rush added that "This latest assault by Democrats will not work unless the Republicans surrender, stay on the defense, and damage themselves. Let the Democrats resign. Let Nancy Pelosi resign. I could make a case that she should resign, immediately. Here's my basis [for saying that]: Nancy Pelosi knows the person who planted the story about Foley five weeks before the election. She might not know who specifically did it, but she knows where it came from - all the liberal Democrats do."

Rush repeated his charge that the whole thing is a "strategic Democrat-timed scandal" to discourage the conservative Republican base and dissuade them from voting in the upcoming mid-term elections.

"None of this is to defend family," he said. "Some people on our side are totally missing the boat. I understand the need to stand up righteously and morally and say we as conservatives do not tolerate and will not put up with this kind of behavior from members of our movement and our Party. I understand that, but this is not about him [Foley] anymore."

He continued: "This is about the Democratic plan to take over the House and we have people who do not recognize what this really is and do not understand the Democrats' Clinton war room strategy behind this and are literally falling into the hands of the Democrats.

"This is not about children, this is not about pedophilia, this is not about any of that," Rush fumed. "It is all about hardball politics."

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/3/2006, 08:57 PM
I think we have already hit our monthly quota of Limbaugh inspired threads. Btw...total class saying the democrats condone the raping of children.

bri
10/3/2006, 08:58 PM
Hey mods, can we get a "willie *hearts* Rush" forum? Thx plz.

SoonerInKCMO
10/3/2006, 09:02 PM
You know, if any of us actually gave a flying **** about what Rush has to say, I'm pretty sure we could find him on our radio dial.

Give it up. All you're doing is alienating everyone and becoming even more of a caricature of yourself.

TopDawg
10/3/2006, 10:38 PM
Who is this RUSH LIMBAUGH guy? I've never heard of him. Please tell me more, william favor. TIA.

Scott D
10/3/2006, 11:14 PM
clearly endorsing Rush pays well.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/3/2006, 11:27 PM
http://www.photogslounge.net/graphics2/limbaugh_oxycontin.jpg

10/3/2006, 11:35 PM
http://www.photogslounge.net/graphics2/limbaugh_oxycontin.jpg Cool. So, what did you think of the show synopsis?

OCUDad
10/3/2006, 11:38 PM
We think it's now official. If you want to take the temperature of the South Oval rectally, you stick the thermometer in william favor.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/3/2006, 11:40 PM
I think that Limbaugh is a fool to imply that Democrats not only condone rape but in fact promote it. It is beyond reckless.

The gloves come off? When have the Republicans ever been shy about attacking people? I mean seriously didn't they attack Kerry for not being soldiery enough. The republicans are going to do what they do...run a far superior campaign to the democrats(who just don't get it).

walkoffsooner
10/3/2006, 11:42 PM
a doper that agrees with molesting children. I hope he does take his gloves off. I would like to drop kick him.

batonrougesooner
10/4/2006, 01:23 AM
I think he makes some good points.

10/4/2006, 07:12 AM
I think he makes some good points.Of course he does. Ya gotta wonder if some of these people commenting even read what he said.

afs
10/4/2006, 07:23 AM
who cares what he thinks?

Vaevictis
10/4/2006, 07:28 AM
Heh, yeah, it's the Dems who don't find it repugnant at all -- nevermind the reports that Congressional pages were being warned about Foley as far back as 1995...

Rush is correct about one thing -- it's all about politics. The reaction of *everyone* involved -- Rush included -- is all about politics. The Dems crying foul? Politics. The Republican House leadership sitting on the information for years, all the while Foley stalks kids? Politics. Rush calling out the Dems for politicizing? Politics.

If it wasn't always politics all the time up there in DC, the Republican party would have sh*t-canned Foley years and years ago. But hell, why sh*t-can him if you can reap the rewards of his excellent fundraising ability and his vote in the House? Politics.

I don't really think some of you realize exactly how bad Foley was. I saw some of the logs, and they literally made me want to throw up. And it takes a lot to make me physically ill like that. And the House leadership apparently protected this guy.

Vaevictis
10/4/2006, 07:34 AM
Oh, and by the way:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/03/washington/03media.html?_r=2&oref=login&oref=slogin

“I hate to give up sources, but to the extent that I know the political parties of any of the people who helped us, it would be the same party,” Mr. Ross said, referring to Republicans.

Good to know that not *everyone* in the Republican party is for protecting kid stalkers.

TUSooner
10/4/2006, 08:53 AM
I guess these threads are for people who don't have radios. If I wanted to know what Rush thinks I'll turn on my own ****ing radio.
Sheesh.

Tell me willie, do you have to wash your hands or change your skivvies after listening to the Limbaugh show?

10/4/2006, 11:10 AM
I guess these threads are for people who don't have radios. If I wanted to know what Rush thinks I'll turn on my own ****ing radio.
Sheesh.

Tell me willie, do you have to wash your hands or change your skivvies after listening to the Limbaugh show?I post these threads for the benefit of those who SORELY need to be acquainted with Limbaugh's observations, and don't think to do it on their own.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/4/2006, 11:15 AM
Oh, lawd...

crawfish
10/4/2006, 11:21 AM
I'd like to lock Rush and Al Franken in a room and have 'em fight to the death.

Then, shoot the winner.

NormanPride
10/4/2006, 11:29 AM
I post these threads for the benefit of those who SORELY need to be acquainted with Limbaugh's observations, and don't think to do it on their own.

Is he the Way the Truth and the Light?

Sometimes you really scare me, dude. The only person I agree with as much as you do Rush is the Lord, and that is seriously frightening.

LilSooner
10/4/2006, 11:31 AM
WHY CAN'T THE MODS JUST MERGE ALL OF THIS STUPID *** THREAD IN TO ONE GINORMOUS CRAPTASTIC THREAD.

I would puffy heart you mods forever!

Czar Soonerov
10/4/2006, 11:51 AM
Merging threads is much harder than one would think....

NormanPride
10/4/2006, 11:54 AM
Merging threads is much harder than one would think....

That guy in the Gillette Fusion ads seems to take care of it pretty easily. Isn't it just like that?

10/4/2006, 12:09 PM
Is he the Way the Truth and the Light?

Sometimes you really scare me, dude. The only person I agree with as much as you do Rush is the Lord, and that is seriously frightening.Well, HOW MUCH do you agree with Limbaugh?
I enjoy Limbaugh because of how much he agrees with me. And, he explains himself so eloquently.

TUSooner
10/4/2006, 12:48 PM
WHY CAN'T THE MODS JUST MERGE ALL OF THIS STUPID *** THREAD IN TO ONE GINORMOUS CRAPTASTIC THREAD....

And then lock it. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm not a Rush hatah, but I've heard enough of him to last a long time.

...I enjoy Limbaugh because of how much he agrees with me. And, he explains himself so eloquently.

willie fav - If you want to stretch your intellect a tiny bit (and I'm not saying you do) try listening to something you don't 100% agree with once in awhile (and flame-outs on the SO don't count! ;) )

49r
10/4/2006, 12:54 PM
willie fav - If you want to stretch your intellect a tiny bit

WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO DO SOMETHING AS STUPID AS THAT?????

:mad: :rolleyes:

10/4/2006, 01:01 PM
willie fav - If you want to stretch your intellect a tiny bit (and I'm not saying you do) try listening to something you don't 100% agree with once in awhile (and flame-outs on the SO don't count! ;) )The MSM is almost unavoidable, but you know that.

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2006, 03:02 PM
The MSM is almost unavoidable, but you know that.

Listen, you will grow more as a student of politics and learn more about your beliefs not by continuing to question those who disagree with you by hitting them with "bumper sticker" slogans, but by constantly questioning your own convictions and those who purportedly believe as you do.

OCUDad
10/4/2006, 03:05 PM
Listen, you will grow more as a student of politics and learn more about your beliefs not by continuing to question those who disagree with you by hitting them with "bumper sticker" slogans, but by constantly questioning your own convictions and those who purportedly believe as you do.Give up, SicEm. Pearls before swine.

Ike
10/4/2006, 03:13 PM
Listen, you will grow more as a student of politics and learn more about your beliefs not by continuing to question those who disagree with you by hitting them with "bumper sticker" slogans, but by constantly questioning your own convictions and those who purportedly believe as you do.

some people can't get past the bumper sticker slogans Sic Em.

rebmus
10/4/2006, 03:19 PM
Rush: GOP Must Take Gloves Off

well duh... it's hard to open pill bottles with gloves on.

sheeeeeeeeesh. rush LOVES to state the obvious.

sooner n houston
10/4/2006, 03:25 PM
Heh, yeah, it's the Dems who don't find it repugnant at all -- nevermind the reports that Congressional pages were being warned about Foley as far back as 1995...

WASHINGTON - A senior congressional aide said Wednesday that he alerted House Speaker Dennis Hastert's office in 2004 about worrisome conduct by former Rep. Mark Foley (news, bio, voting record) with teenage pages — the earliest known alert to the GOP leadership.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061004/ap_on_go_co/congress_pages_48;_ylt=AsFbeaVCgCDrZwzZP._7BGCGbTo C;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

49r
10/4/2006, 03:33 PM
oh, so only two years of coverups.

Well then, nothing to worry about!

Vaevictis
10/4/2006, 03:37 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061004/ap_on_go_co/congress_pages_48;_ylt=AsFbeaVCgCDrZwzZP._7BGCGbTo C;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

WaPo was reporting that former pages as far back as '95 said they were warned about Foley.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/03/AR2006100301633.html

TUSooner
10/4/2006, 05:52 PM
The MSM is almost unavoidable, but you know that.

Well, I suppose mental jousting against the mythical MSM (with Sancho Limbaugh at your side) is probably all the "stretching" you can handle anyway.

Hint: Read a ****ing book or something.

Ike
10/4/2006, 06:07 PM
Hint: Read a ****ing book or something.

do they still make those? ;)

10/4/2006, 06:26 PM
Well, I suppose mental jousting against the mythical MSM (with Sancho Limbaugh at your side) is probably all the "stretching" you can handle anyway.

Hint: Read a ****ing book or something.You guys would get bored talking amongst yourselves, without Jerk, VeeJay, myself and a very few others to set you into full rug-chewing mode.

10/4/2006, 06:30 PM
Listen, you will grow more as a student of politics and learn more about your beliefs not by continuing to question those who disagree with you by hitting them with "bumper sticker" slogans, but by constantly questioning your own convictions and those who purportedly believe as you do.You are silly to think I don't do that. But, as I continue to observe the leftists, they don't show me anything better than they ever have. They're just shriller now that they are out of power.

Scott D
10/4/2006, 06:48 PM
Well, HOW MUCH do you agree with Limbaugh?
I enjoy Limbaugh because of how much he agrees with me. And, he explains himself so eloquently.

this post makes me laugh...especially since willie has such a low standard for eloquence.

TUSooner
10/4/2006, 06:48 PM
You guys would get bored talking amongst yourselves, without Jerk, VeeJay, myself and a very few others to set you into full rug-chewing mode.

You give yourself too much credit to compare yourself with others, 'specially my kinsman jerk.

I probably agree with you (by which I mean Rush) on more issues than I disagree. But facile bumper-sticker conservatism is just as :twinkies: as bumper-sticker liberalism.

10/4/2006, 07:20 PM
You give yourself too much credit to compare yourself with others, 'specially my kinsman jerk.

I probably agree with you (by which I mean Rush) on more issues than I disagree. But facile bumper-sticker conservatism is just as :twinkies: as bumper-sticker liberalism.Not really. Liberalism pretty much sucks. Tell me a book you recommend that will show the positive(and real-world-not fantasy) side of liberalism.

49r
10/4/2006, 07:22 PM

I probably agree with you (by which I mean Rush) on more issues than I disagree. But facile bumper-sticker conservatism is just as :twinkies: as bumper-sticker liberalism.OOOOHH, BURN!

except, he'll pry have to get a dictionary to look up facile

10/4/2006, 07:23 PM
OOOOHH, BURN!

except, he'll pry have to get a dictionary to look up facileAnother liberal genius?

SoonerBorn68
10/4/2006, 07:28 PM
Not really. Liberalism pretty much sucks. Tell me a book you recommend that will show the positive(and real-world-not fantasy) side of liberalism.

Dude, shut up! I'm as big as a conservative as you'll find on this board, but you're looking like an out of control whack job hack...

If you're going to make a point make sure it's not at the top of your head.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/4/2006, 07:35 PM
Discourses on Livy by Niccolo Machiavelli

Also what Country was the first one founded on liberal principles?

Also check out Two Treatises on Government by John Locke...YWIA!!

Scott D
10/4/2006, 07:38 PM

I'll have to check out to see if Rush recommends them to willie tomorrow.

49r
10/4/2006, 07:39 PM
Dude, shut up! I'm as big as a conservative as you'll find on this board, but you're looking like an out of control whack job hack...

If you're going to make a point make sure it's not at the top of your head.

shhhh...

The LIBERALS are the pointy-headed ones, GAH! You'd know that if you listened to Rush, 'cause he'd tell you so!

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2006, 07:45 PM

You sir are CORRECT!

I've written about this on my blog, but our Founding Fathers were radically liberal for their day and age. Conservatives refuse to admit this yet most conservatives at that time were committed Tories.

The problem of course is that the liberalism espoused by our Founding Fathers that emphasized limited government in the affairs of its citizens and the idea of individual liberty eventually progressed into a liberalism that emphasized the virtue of equality of result resembling something closer to what came out of the French Revolution than the American. My biggest problem with modern liberalism is that it abandoned its great ideals of the 18th century in favor of achieving a utopian idea of social and economic equality. Conversely, conservatives eventually seized and championed the ideas of individual liberty that the 18th century liberals abandoned. To a large extent, I believe conservatives are rapidly abandoning those principles as well which is shameful.

What conservatives need to realize though is that liberalism is not something that can or should ever be stamped out. Not everything of the past is worth conserving and liberal/progressive ideas are important in that they occasionlly cast the spotlight on some aspects of our society which should not be preserved (segregation for example).

Octavian
10/4/2006, 08:02 PM
You sir are CORRECT!

I've written about this on my blog, but our Founding Fathers were radically liberal for their day and age. Conservatives refuse to admit this yet most conservatives at that time were committed Tories.

The problem of course is that the liberalism espoused by our Founding Fathers that emphasized limited government in the affairs of its citizens and the idea of individual liberty eventually progressed into a liberalism that emphasized the virtue of equality of result resembling something closer to what came out of the French Revolution than the American. My biggest problem with modern liberalism is that it abandoned its great ideals of the 18th century in favor of achieving a utopian idea of social and economic equality. Conversely, conservatives eventually seized and championed the ideas of individual liberty that the 18th century liberals abandoned. To a large extent, I believe conservatives are rapidly abandoning those principles as well which is shameful.

What conservatives need to realize though is that liberalism is not something that can or should ever be stamped out. Not everything of the past is worth conserving and liberal/progressive ideas are important in that they occasionlly cast the spotlight on some aspects of our society which should not be preserved (segregation for example).

again, I agree w/ most of what you say.

Classical theoretical Liberalism and contemporary liberalism (small "l") in practice aren't even close to the same. Classical Liberalism would be disgusted by both trade regulations and the morality police...just b/c modern liberalism only has an aversion to the latter doesn't mean it has "abandoned" it's affinity for individualism...on the contrary.

Contemporary liberalism long ago realized that libertarianism (even despite it's fun "screw you I'll do what I want" angle) isn't compatible in large scale human civilization. It's just not. I love the principles on paper...but it doesn't work in a complex society.

As a side note - I find it funny to constantly hear Bill Maher proudly proclaim his devotion for his own libertarianism - as an unabashed liberal.

In any event, the term "liberal" seems to be be thrown toward whichever movement is bucking against the status quo.

(the "forces of power" vs. "the forces of movement")

As American society has aged (helped along by mass comm) it's become much more open to differing colors, women, viewpoints, lifestyles, etc...

Hence, whatever is formally liberal is often, over time, viewed as conservative.

...and whatever is formerly conservative is, over time, usually viewed as laughable.

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2006, 08:14 PM
again, I agree w/ most of what you say.

Classical theoretical Liberalism and contemporary liberalism (small "l") in practice aren't even close to the same. Classical Liberalism would be disgusted by both trade regulations and the morality police...just b/c modern liberalism only has an aversion to the latter doesn't mean it has "abandoned" it's affinity for individualism...on the contrary.

Contemporary liberalism long ago realized that libertarianism (even despite it's fun "screw you I'll do what I want" angle) isn't compatible in large scale human civilization. It's just not. I love the principles on paper...but it doesn't work.

As a side note - I find it funny to constantly hear Bill Maher proudly proclaim his devotion for his own libertarianism - as an unabashed liberal.

In any event, the term "liberal" seems to be be thrown toward whichever movement is bucking against the status quo.

(the "forces of power" vs. "the forces of movement")

As American society has aged (helped along by mass comm) it's become much more open to differing peoples, sexes, viewpoints, lifestyles, etc...

Hence, whatever is formally liberal is often, over time, viewed as conservative.

...and whatever is formerly conservative is, over time, usually viewed as laughable.

I agree with almost all of that as well. I do take some minor issue with the idea that libertarianism isn't compatible with a civilization the size of ours, but it's only a minor one. The difficulty arises because inevitably a strict libertarian society would fall victim of human nature. It wouldn't work unless everyone played and dealt honestly with one another (which is why we have to have some level of government to oversee the free-market and provide basic assurances of fair play).

It would compound the problem if our nation were one whole unit rather than a collection of 50 smaller ones. Another reason that I'm such a huge fan of the rights of the individual states is that it allows us to maximize our liberty in a way that we can't on a national scale which is why libertarianism becomes so difficult on that scale in a nation as large as ours. It does become easier to manage by allowing the states to maximize liberty to whatever degree the people of that state deem adequate through their elected state officials.

10/4/2006, 08:16 PM

If you're going to make a point make sure it's not at the top of your head.What is it you think is out of control or whack?

OCUDad
10/4/2006, 08:17 PM
You guys are using a lot of big words and long sentences. I don't think willie can keep up.

Scott D
10/4/2006, 08:18 PM
What is it you think is out of control or whack?

oh where to start....where to start.

how familiar are you with internal cranial mass development?

10/4/2006, 08:24 PM
oh where to start....where to start.

how familiar are you with internal cranial mass development?Thanks for chiming in, Scott.

Scott D
10/4/2006, 08:25 PM
someone has to be the voice of reason among your mouth foaming rants.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/4/2006, 08:27 PM
My problem with you is that you promote and act like the "Biggest" problems with the conservative movement are infallible and ALWAYS right. I am going to let you on a little secret...no one on Radio or TV is even close. Ryan Seacrest has just as much credibility as any pundit

SoonerBorn68
10/4/2006, 08:29 PM
What is it you think is out of control or whack?

You, spouting stuff that doesn't even make sense and making the rest of us conservatives defend our believes while trying to distance ourselves from your crazy rantings. I'm not fond of radical liberals, but they are people. Give it a rest.

Your actions here are not unlike Fred Phelps.

Oh, and I'm officially calling you out as a troll. So, give it up.

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2006, 08:32 PM
My problem with you is that you promote and act like the "Biggest" problems with the conservative movement are infallible and ALWAYS right. I am going to let you on a little secret...no one on Radio or TV is even close. Some host of some poorly related reality game show has just as much credibility as any pundit

Fixed. ;)

10/4/2006, 08:34 PM
You, spouting stuff that doesn't even make sense and making the rest of us conservatives defend our believes while trying to distance ourselves from your crazy rantings. I'm not fond of radical liberals, but they are people. Give it a rest.

Your actions here are not unlike Fred Phelps.

Oh, and I'm officially calling you out as a troll. So, give it up.I asked you what it is that doesn't make sense, and is a crazy rant. What beliefs have you defended.(sincerely sorry if I missed that post)

Scott D
10/4/2006, 08:37 PM
ok I'll be the one to ask it

does Rush not realise that if you take the gloves off, that it'll be easier to leave fingerprints on teenage boys?

49r
10/4/2006, 08:40 PM
I'm using these threads to help me get to 3000 posts! Thanks guys!

10/4/2006, 08:43 PM
I'm using these threads to help me get to 3000 posts! Thanks guys!Agreement here!

SoonerBorn68
10/4/2006, 08:49 PM
I asked you what it is that doesn't make sense, and is a crazy rant. What beliefs have you defended.(sincerely sorry if I missed that post)

Not in this thread I haven't. No way, it was a trainwreck before I got here. But, when I try to make a conservative point in some other thread, I've got to contend with others rolling their eyes at me because WF & I are political "allies".

Please, do yourself a favor & quit making it easy for people to pick on you. Use your own words. Really, I've listened to Rush since 1988 but I've never felt the need to quote him. Digest what he says, form your own opinion, and put that opinion into your own words.

Posting those quotes is nothing but flamebait.

10/5/2006, 12:25 AM
Not in this thread I haven't. No way, it was a trainwreck before I got here. But, when I try to make a conservative point in some other thread, I've got to contend with others rolling their eyes at me because WF & I are political "allies".

Please, do yourself a favor & quit making it easy for people to pick on you. Use your own words. Really, I've listened to Rush since 1988 but I've never felt the need to quote him. Digest what he says, form your own opinion, and put that opinion into your own words.

Posting those quotes is nothing but flamebait.I gave a reprint from an article about yesterday's Limbaugh show. Too bad that put you into a wedgie. If you let the smarmy disapproval of the oh-so-smart lefties bother you, don't blame it on me. The dems are gonna pick on me no matter how I express my disapproval of their ideas. So what?

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2006, 12:27 AM
WF, are you a 24/7 member?

10/5/2006, 12:33 AM
WF, are you a 24/7 member?no. I spend too much time on the computer as it is.

SoonerBorn68
10/5/2006, 12:34 AM
Hey WF, they only think they're pickin' on me.

I figure those lefty folks gotta a right to an opinion, even if it's wrong. ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2006, 12:39 AM
I would like Rush's archive on Reagan. Only reason I'd ever sign up for 24/7.

10/5/2006, 12:44 AM
Hey WF, they only think they're pickin' on me.

I figure those lefty folks gotta a right to an opinion, even if it's wrong. ;)I have heard their cr*p for so many years, I'm just sorta tired of it, and don't feel like coddling so much, anymore.

Scott D
10/5/2006, 11:18 AM
I have heard their cr*p for so many years, I'm just sorta tired of it, and don't feel like coddling so much, anymore.

I bet you tell all the teenage democrat boys that. :pop:

10/5/2006, 11:21 AM
I bet you tell all the teenage democrat boys that. :pop:Naw, I have nothing at all to do with the public school system

Scott D
10/5/2006, 11:28 AM
Naw, I have nothing at all to do with the public school system

to my understanding you spend too much time emailing pages.

NormanPride
10/5/2006, 11:44 AM
I'm always confused... when a person aligns themselves with a party, or a group, does that mean they support everything that group wants to do? So when I see people saying that they're "conservative republicans" does that mean that all of them believe the same thing?

I guess I just wonder if everyone is on the same page.

10/5/2006, 11:52 AM
I'm always confused... when a person aligns themselves with a party, or a group, does that mean they support everything that group wants to do? So when I see people saying that they're "conservative republicans" does that mean that all of them believe the same thing?

I guess I just wonder if everyone is on the same page.Not at all, IMO, it just means that you shouldn't throw up your hands and vote for the other party that is even more offensive than the guys you supoport. The lesser of two evils thing(but you know that, no?).

NormanPride
10/5/2006, 12:03 PM
Not at all, IMO, it just means that you shouldn't throw up your hands and vote for the other party that is even more offensive than the guys you supoport. The lesser of two evils thing(but you know that, no?).

Yeah, but do you even effectively look at the other candidates? I sincerely hope that the D in front of their names doesn't automatically make them scum.

10/5/2006, 12:19 PM
Of course, but another consideration is the voting block, and majority rule of the legislative bodies. 51 D senators = Teddy Kennedy and the boys running the ship.