PDA

View Full Version : BTW Scatback - Michael Harris

Mjcpr
10/3/2006, 06:20 PM
I doubt he's someone we'd go after because he doesn't have the measurables and I've never heard of him but he went crazy last Friday night against Sapulpa. Some guys on the radio said he didn't have many offers but Texas Tech was sniffing around and that he was somebody that could become a great player if used correctly.

I'd hate to miss out on another all-around Wes Welker kind of guy.

Here's an article about his game....

Sapulpa can't catch a break.

Last week the Chieftains were hit with four touchdowns from Owasso's Kingjack Washington.

Friday night Michael Harris exploded for three touchdowns in a 35-7 win for the Class 6A No. 2 Booker T. Washington Hornets at remodeled S. E. Williams Stadium.

The victory gave the Hornets a 5-0, 2-0 midseason record while a rebuilding Sapulpa fell to 1-4 and 0-2 in District 6A-4.

The 5-foot-9 Harris scored the Hornets' first two touchdowns on long-distance gallops of 47 and 86 yards which were the backbone of a 21-7 halftime lead. He finished scoring with 4:44 left in the game on a 10-yard TD blast.

In between those three tallies, Hornet wide receiver Dolphin Davis snagged TD passes of 12 and 67 yards from quarterback Collier Winters.

Harris had 209 all-purpose yards. He rushed for 188 yards on 15 carries and caught 2 passes for 21 yards. He only had 7 carries at halftime, but for 146 yards and 2 TDs. He had a 63-yard punt return called back in the second quarter, canceling his best run of the night as he zig-zagged across the field and through the Chieftains.

Sophomore D-back Justin Skillens had a strong defense against Sapulpa.

Twice he intercepted passes, the last to end the game at the Hornet 26.

His most timely aerial steal came late in the second quarter with the Hornets leading only 7-0 and Sapulpa driving.

Mike Hainzinger's Chieftains went from their own 30 to the Hornet 19.

Quarterback Kyle Blevins threw to intended target Jeff Davis but the ball was tipped and Skillens intercepted at the Hornet 6, ending Sapulpa's most serious threat.

That's when Harris took over and turned the game around.

Starting at their own six, Hornet fullback Drew Miller went 3 yards to the nine, Harris four to the 14, then Harris streaked down the west sideline, becoming a blur as he outraced the entire Sapulpa team, going into high gear to escape linebacker Rodrick Shaw's futile lunge at the goal.

The crucial and rapid turnaround put Washington up 14-0 four minutes before the half.

Sapulpa scored its only touchdown with 9:40 left on Shaw's 3-yard run.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/NewsStory.asp?ID=060930_Sp_B7_BTWco42492

BoJangles
10/3/2006, 08:57 PM
Sounds like he's pretty good. Do you know anything about Vian's star RB Vfasv Locust, and if we're currently interested in him?

sorry that I added his name to this thread

man00
10/3/2006, 11:20 PM
Sounds like he's pretty good. Do you know anything about Vian's star RB Vfasv Locust, and if we're currently interested in him?

sorry that I added his name to this thread
Vfasv Locust doesn't even play football this year..

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/4/2006, 10:16 AM
sapulpa has been rebuilding for a century ;). i'm at the age where i don't know if kyle blevins is the brother of the blevins i went to school with or his son...

RacerX
10/4/2006, 10:26 AM
Harris had about 260 on Jenks.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/4/2006, 11:41 AM
the surprising is that they let btw back in 6a. i remember when they re-orged 5a and miraculously union and jenks ended up in 5a-4 and btw ended up in 5a-3 with sapulpa and such close schools as enid, ponca, and bartlesville. when they moved to 6a, btw got kicked down to 5a but they moved sapulpa up as the smallest 6a school in the state.

Little_Red
10/4/2006, 11:42 AM
Vfasv Locust doesn't even play football this year..

The word is he might be back in a couple of weeks. Forget about him ever playing at the college level, though.

The Consumate Showman
10/4/2006, 12:20 PM
1.)Do you know anything about Vian's star RB Vfasv Locust, and 2.)if we're currently interested in him?

1.) Yeah, apparently he's a freakin' head case or there are some serious personal issues going on there.

2.) Not in the least.

The only RB/s we might get are Lennon Creer, who has miraculously narrowed his list to OU and Rocky Top, and/or Dre Stout from the Roughers (the numbers he's putting up against the competition may be too much for OU to ignore, plus, all signs point to Creer committing to Fullmer).

Mjcpr
10/4/2006, 01:53 PM
Soooo, about Michael Harris.....

;)

The Consumate Showman
10/4/2006, 04:12 PM
Soooo, about Michael Harris.....

;)

We are not interested. Going for Creer or possibly Stout at this point. If we get neither, so be it. We are looking at Justin Johnson for next year's class...he is a B E A S T!

Skunk_Ape
10/4/2006, 07:24 PM
1.) Yeah, apparently he's a freakin' head case or there are some serious personal issues going on there.

All of the above, but he is an awesome physical specimen.

BoJangles
10/4/2006, 07:34 PM
I'm sure that some school will give this kid a shot. Everyone deserves a second chance.

RacerX
10/4/2006, 07:57 PM
Isn't Dre most likely to join Patterson at NEO?

The Consumate Showman
10/4/2006, 09:56 PM
Isn't Dre most likely to join Patterson at NEO?

Much like Michael Harris (I called arouond and found out that it IS a grade thing with him), it will depend if Dre gets his grades in order. If Dre makes the grade, he is a D-1 player and it is possible that OU will offer him, if he fails to make the grade...then maybe he does end up at NEO...

Oh, and BTW, Patterson is not at NEO anymore. Went to Illinois to a JUCO there...can't recall the name off the top of my head...

RacerX
10/4/2006, 10:07 PM
I was joking about patterson. I just figured he'd be in JUCO forever.

Salt City Sooner
10/4/2006, 11:46 PM
Patterson went to Joliet, same JUCO Moe went to.

critical_phil
10/5/2006, 12:15 AM
sapulpa has been rebuilding for a century ;). i'm at the age where i don't know if kyle blevins is the brother of the blevins i went to school with or his son...

i've seen him on the wrestling mat several times over the past few years.

he's really, really good.

Little_Red
10/5/2006, 10:41 AM
I'm sure that some school will give this kid a shot. Everyone deserves a second chance.

This kid has gotten multiple "second chances" all the way back to grade school.

Mjcpr
10/5/2006, 10:44 AM
This kid has gotten multiple "second chances" all the way back to grade school.

Who are we talking about.......this thread has involved about 5 different people somehow.

Little_Red
10/5/2006, 10:51 AM
Who are we talking about.......this thread has involved about 5 different people somehow.

Vfastv Locust, amazing athlete and as fast as anyone I have ever seen in person, but I'll be surprised if he ever sets foot on a football field again at any level.

OU-HSV
10/15/2006, 05:59 PM
Back to Harris..If he's not by now, he will soon be recruited by some big schools IMO. I watched him on t.v. against Jenks and some body else. He's a stud.

The Consumate Showman
10/15/2006, 07:11 PM
Back to Harris..If he's not by now, he will soon be recruited by some big schools IMO. I watched him on t.v. against Jenks and some body else. He's a stud.

Sand Aggies. Seth should have a good connection with him since he's from around that area.

Eielson
10/15/2006, 08:37 PM
He just had 19 carries for like 355 yards against Bartlesville the other night.

RacerX
10/16/2006, 11:03 AM
But can he add big numbers together?

The Consumate Showman
10/17/2006, 12:02 AM
He just had 19 carries for like 355 yards against Bartlesville the other night.

It all comes down to his grades. If he can make them, he should be at a D-1 school somewhere, if not, probably JUCO.

starrca23
10/18/2006, 11:34 AM
I know the track coach at BTW, Coach Nash. He says that Harris is eligible for football season, but come track season his grades are in the tank. No wa he gets through the clearinghouse.

The Consumate Showman
10/18/2006, 08:55 PM
I know the track coach at BTW, Coach Nash. He says that Harris is eligible for football season, but come track season his grades are in the tank. No wa he gets through the clearinghouse.

This all but confirms what a lot of recruiters have told me about him. Basically, it's like, they look at his grades and then walk away...

Mjcpr
10/27/2006, 11:37 AM
Um, dude went for 410 yds last night on 19 carries and had 7 TDs.

Any way we can get somebody to work on those grades? :D

starrca23
10/27/2006, 02:25 PM
Forget about him. NO WAY he is going to qualify, if he does we know that someone cheated and we have had enough negative publicity with Bomar.

Anyway, DeMarco Murray will make us forget about everyone else (except for Mr. Peterson).

OU-HSV
10/28/2006, 08:08 AM
Haha, are you serious? Those numbers are sick!

Mjcpr
10/28/2006, 09:26 AM
Haha, are you serious? Those numbers are sick!

Yep....those were his totals according to the news.

OU-HSV
10/28/2006, 11:25 PM
Yep....those were his totals according to the news.
Wow, not bad ;)

Hella Sideburns
11/11/2006, 03:27 PM
I covered Vian's game last night, and Locust seems more like a D2 guy to me, but I guess he has had some interest from texas tech?

Anyway, he's lightning quick, but at 175, I dont think he's big enough for D1 ball, much less Big XII.

(quick note, I was not allowed in the press box last night, despite it being my first trip to vian, ever. Apparently it had something to do with the issues Locust had at the beginning of the year.)

Ground_Attack
11/11/2006, 11:48 PM
Anyway, he's lightning quick, but at 175, I dont think he's big enough for D1 ball, much less Big XII.

like Wes Welker :rolleyes:

he's only playing on Sundays.

Hella Sideburns
11/12/2006, 01:41 PM
like Wes Welker :rolleyes:

he's only playing on Sundays.

Wes Welker wasn't running between tackles, either.

picasso
11/16/2006, 11:53 PM
I saw Welker play in the 2A playoffs. he did everything but lead the band.

Saw Harris play last week vs. Enid. he's small but very muscular. I could see him playing at 200 pounds some day. super super quick.

now, Austin Box on the other hand. whoa freakin whoa. stud deluxe.

Hella Sideburns
11/17/2006, 12:16 AM
I saw Welker play in the 2A playoffs. he did everything but lead the band.

Saw Harris play last week vs. Enid. he's small but very muscular. I could see him playing at 200 pounds some day. super super quick.

now, Austin Box on the other hand. whoa freakin whoa. stud deluxe.

I wasn't talking about Harris. If he gets his grades together, no doubt he plays D1.

I was talking about vfastv locust, who has a lot more stacked against his D1 quest than just size and grades.

bixby28
11/27/2006, 01:19 PM

Those are ridiculous stats. I'm from Bixby and have been able to watch a lot of Booker T. Washington athletes in the area. M. Harris is as good or better than Felix Jones was a few years back.

I don't care of it's 8-man football, 400 yd games will turn heads.

Collier11
11/27/2006, 09:10 PM

Actually my friend, I played against wes welker all four years of hs, he was in my district. He played qb, rb, wr, kicker, kick and punt return, plus D and he was a tough dude. He may not be able to run between tackles in the nfl but trust me, he was doing it in hs!!

mildpussy
11/28/2006, 10:00 AM
with vfastv, are we talking about najeh dumpenport issues (see link)?

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/apnews/stories/100104/D85ETIF80.shtml

i only assume that is what all SCAT backs do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scatology

Hella Sideburns
11/29/2006, 07:17 PM
Actually my friend, I played against wes welker all four years of hs, he was in my district. He played qb, rb, wr, kicker, kick and punt return, plus D and he was a tough dude. He may not be able to run between tackles in the nfl but trust me, he was doing it in hs!!

That isnt what I was talking about, at all.

Bloomer_Sooner
11/30/2006, 11:30 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about.

Mjcpr
12/18/2006, 10:03 AM
Supposedly, Harris has committed to Arkansas.

starrca23
12/18/2006, 10:12 AM
He doesn't have a test score yet though.

OU-HSV
12/18/2006, 09:46 PM
Supposedly, Harris has committed to Arkansas.
That's what I heard today as well.

soonerfan28
7/29/2009, 12:28 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I ran across it while trying to figure out what happened to Harris. I didn't see him on the Arkansas roster. Anybody know?

goingoneight
7/29/2009, 01:05 PM
Didn't work out per Pat Jones. Trying the JUCO route last I heard.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/29/2009, 03:41 PM
If I remember correctly I believe he is at Arkansas Baptist College. I don't think he ever made it to to Arkansas due to grades. That's all I know...

soonerfan28
7/29/2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks. Boredom of summer.