PDA

View Full Version : Bits of History for the statistically challenged

XingTheRubicon
10/3/2006, 02:02 PM
OU has played 26 games this century that were pre RRS games.

Games that were analyzed and broken down ad nauseum. Your D gave up this, and against the pass you're ranked that and so on.

Of the 26 times OU has played a game before OU/TX, here's a list of the teams that gained more total yards than texas did in the RRS that year.

UTEP
Arkansas St
Rice
Kansas
North Carolina
Air Force
North Texas
Kansas St
Tulsa
Alabama
UTEP
South Florida
Missouri
Bowling Green
Houston
Oregon
Texas Tech

Now horn fans, I know you can't help the fact that you were morons breaking down these games in the past. As well as you can't help the fact that you're a moron now, looking at rankings and yards this year. What I fear, is even with this knowledge, this moronic "Fantasy Geek", "1 outta 6 and L-O-V-I-N IT" delusion will continue.

Learn, morons....

Try to learn.

sooner518
10/3/2006, 02:19 PM
no offense to your stats, but I think Texass will probably gain more yards against us than MIddle Tennessee State did

SeattleOUstudent
10/3/2006, 02:22 PM
you cant make statments like that w/o less than 1000 posts. Read your forum rules....and never question Xing again. ;)

sooner518
10/3/2006, 02:28 PM
I think Texass will probably gain about half as many yards against us than MIddle Tennessee State did

what'd I say that was so bad? ;)

GrapevineSooner
10/3/2006, 02:47 PM
So in the 5 years that OU won the RRS, you're saying that Texas was outgained by 17 out of the 22 opponents we had played prior to the RRS?

Interesting.

BTW, Texas obviously outgained TCU, Tulsa, UCLA, and Kansas State last year.

Readyfor8
10/3/2006, 02:49 PM
Xing has a valid point, that point is in this game Defense is easier to come by than offense.

Our defense is talented, young, and has had an extra week to get ready. It's easier to play above your level on defense than it is on offense, and when it comes to OU vs. Texas I think its even more likely.

XingTheRubicon
10/3/2006, 03:16 PM
So in the 5 years that OU won the RRS, you're saying that Texas was outgained by 17 out of the 22 opponents we had played prior to the RRS?

Interesting.

BTW, Texas obviously outgained TCU, Tulsa, UCLA, and Kansas State last year.

True, and good point.

The deal with 2005, is our D may have had the opposite effect on the stats because every game was a battle.

IOW, giving up 300 yards to Fresno St (42-0 at half) is not the same as giving up 300 yards to Tulsa (2005) when we were playing our "shut down" D for 60 minutes. IMO, our D stats were inflated last year at the beginning of the year, however, in years like '06, when we're a legit top 10-15 team....the coaches seem to try to give up yards at the end of games. For whatever reason.

Luthor
10/3/2006, 03:21 PM
I knew you guys were totally obsessed and completely preoccupied with beating us but I never knew you had overlooked soooo many teams...until now.

XingTheRubicon
10/3/2006, 03:30 PM
I knew you guys were totally obsessed and completely preoccupied with beating us but I never knew you had overlooked soooo many teams...until now.

Yeah, like that one article I read where Sally Brown couldn't sleep during OU/Texas week. She was probably concerned about us being so obsessed.

OUDoc
10/3/2006, 03:35 PM
Who's on the enemy's board, Mr. ObsessedwithOU? Ironic, huh?

proudsoonergal
10/3/2006, 04:22 PM
Speaking of stats, I'm too lazy to look this up or figure it out, but what is Stoops' record after bye weeks?