colleyvillesooner
10/3/2006, 01:53 PM
Oakland draws first blood...

A's 2
Twins 1
Top 8th

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2006, 02:45 PM
A's win 3-2, and take a 1-0 series lead.

Frank Thomas hit two homeruns. I loved that guy when I was younger and into baseball cards.

GrapevineSooner
10/3/2006, 03:42 PM
Beware the Swingin' A's.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2006, 05:10 PM
Not good Karma for Detroit to start the playoffs ;):

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/100406dnsporogers.18ab4e4.html

Man files complaint against Tigers' Rogers

Witnesses say former Ranger did not make physical contact during exchange

04:03 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Associated Press

DETROIT – Detroit police were interviewing witnesses to find out what happened between Tigers pitcher Kenny Rogers and a man who filed a complaint against him after an incident near Comerica Park.

Rogers was driving out of a parking structure near the ballpark after Saturday night's loss to Kansas City when a man started beating on Rogers' car, Detroit police spokeswoman Yvette Walker said Tuesday.

She said Rogers got out and exchanged words with the man, who wanted an autograph. The man told officers that Rogers grabbed him by the collar and had to be restrained, but multiple witnesses said there was no physical contact, Walker said. Rogers got back in his car and drove away.

Tigers spokesman Rick Thompson had no immediate comment.

Rogers served a 13-game suspension for shoving two television cameramen June 29, 2005, when he was with the Rangers.

Detroit signed him as a free agent in December to a two-year, $16 million contract.

Rogers is scheduled to start Game 3 of the AL Division Series against New York on Friday in Detroit.

The incident was first reported by WDFN-AM and the Detroit Free Press .

GrapevineSooner
10/3/2006, 05:11 PM
Not good Karma for Detroit to start the playoffs ;):

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/100406dnsporogers.18ab4e4.html

Well, the man was beating on Rogers' car. I certainly wouldn't take too kindly to that if I was trying to leave after a game.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2006, 05:47 PM
Well, the man was beating on Rogers' car. I certainly wouldn't take too kindly to that if I was trying to leave after a game.

Oh, I agree, just thought it was odd that it happened to him.

BeetDigger
10/3/2006, 06:33 PM
As much as I defended Kenny's play during the year, I am going the exact opposite direction for his post season play. He hasn't been in the post season in number of years, but the last time he was there it was brutal. The guy does not pitch well in October.

TopDawg
10/3/2006, 08:20 PM
Pretty good string of hits the Yanks are putting together now.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/3/2006, 08:45 PM
Yes, it's not a great day for this baseball fan. Probably my three least favorite teams in baseball — the A's, the Cardinals and the Yankees — will have won.

Ike
10/3/2006, 10:23 PM
How big a stud is Jeter? 5-5 with a bomb. Nice.

Paperclip
10/3/2006, 10:24 PM
Jeter's a stud.

Ike
10/3/2006, 10:27 PM
and it wasn't a weak-*** texas leaguer 5-5 day either....he's been hitting line drives all night.

Paperclip
10/3/2006, 10:29 PM
After that home run my wife turned to me and said, "Sorry honey." What a gal.

TopDawg
10/3/2006, 10:34 PM
Yes, it's not a great day for this baseball fan. Probably my three least favorite teams in baseball — the A's, the Cardinals and the Yankees — will have won.

Are there any teams you do like?

TopDawg
10/3/2006, 10:35 PM
I have a feeling I'm just going to have to leave the room during the 7th and 8th innings this post season.

Ike
10/3/2006, 10:42 PM
After that home run my wife turned to me and said, "Sorry honey." What a gal.

heh. Im slowly getting my wife into baseball...

after Jeters hit-and-run double she was yelling "score him, score him!" at the third base coach. Sweetest thing she's said in the last 2 weeks.

TopDawg
10/3/2006, 10:44 PM
If you get her to refer to "runs" instead of "points," she's ahead of 73% of the rest of the female population.

That hit-and-run was a thing of beauty. Exactly like you draw it up.

TopDawg
10/3/2006, 10:46 PM
Isn't it weird, though, how one little thing can make such a huge difference? If Robertson fields Damon's hit and throws him out, and Jeter hits that same pitch (yeah, okay, it's unlikely but whatever...IF he does) then there are two outs with nobody on and that inning looks a lot different.

Ike
10/3/2006, 10:51 PM
Isn't it weird, though, how one little thing can make such a huge difference? If Robertson fields Damon's hit and throws him out, and Jeter hits that same pitch (yeah, okay, it's unlikely but whatever...IF he does) then there are two outs with nobody on and that inning looks a lot different.

Or if Jeter had tried to go to the right side (like you are generally supposed to on a hit and run) and does the same thing, its a likely double play...or if the second baseman had been covering instead of the shortstop, same thing...double play.

I'd venture a guess that someone had taken note that the tigers typically have the second baseman stay home and let the shortstop take the bag in hit and run situations, and Jeter took advantage of that. Just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

TopDawg
10/3/2006, 10:56 PM
One of the broadcasters mentioned that the Tigers might've sent Guillen to cover the bag because of Jeter's tendency to go opposite field.

That kinda makes sense. Even if he doesn't have a tendency to go OF, if you're Leyland, you've gotta think that Jeter is good enough to put the ball where he wants so maybe you go against the book (sending the SS against a righty) hoping that he thinks you'll go with the book (sending the 2B against a righty) and hit it right at Polanco.

And that's the beauty of baseball.

Paperclip
10/3/2006, 10:57 PM

after Jeters hit-and-run double she was yelling "score him, score him!" at the third base coach. Sweetest thing she's said in the last 2 weeks.

I think she was just trying to console me, but when it went to the top of the 9th she said, "I hate the Yankees." I got a little misty.

Ike
10/3/2006, 11:04 PM
I think she was just trying to console me, but when it went to the top of the 9th she said, "I hate the Yankees." I got a little misty.

heh.

BeetDigger
10/4/2006, 08:56 AM

Sweetest thing she's said to you anyway. :D

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2006, 02:01 PM
A's 2
Twins 2
Bottom 6

AustinTXHorn
10/4/2006, 02:10 PM
I have to say that I enjoyed watching Loaiza meltdown in the sixth.

Go Twins.

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2006, 02:36 PM
A's 4
Twins 2
Top 8th

Kotsay hit a 2 run inside the park homerun. That's what happens when you dive and miss in the out field.

Ike
10/4/2006, 02:39 PM
A's 4
Twins 2
Top 8th

Kotsay hit a 2 run inside the park homerun. That's what happens when you dive and miss in the out field.

dumbass.[/red]

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2006, 02:51 PM
:les:WHO YOU CALLING DUMBASS!!!
;)

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2006, 03:13 PM
A's win 5-2 and go up 2-0 in the series....headed home.

Over.

Hornsarelosers
10/4/2006, 03:46 PM
Yep, I think this Twins/A's series is over and Oakland sweeps 3-0. Ironic I'm saying this with the Twins having the advantage coming into this series.

TopDawg
10/5/2006, 03:27 PM
1-1 now, headed for Motor City.

TopDawg
10/5/2006, 03:43 PM
The hard thing for me is adjusting my frame of mind from fantasy sports. During the regular season, I would've been ecstatic to see Guillen hit a homer. Robertson, Verlander, Rogers and Jones were all on my pitching staff at various points throughout the year. So it's hard for me to adjust my natural inclination to hope they do well.

No mas!

AllAboutThe'O'
10/6/2006, 01:37 AM
Who would've thought at this point the only team not to go up 2-0 in their series would be the Yankees?

william_brasky
10/6/2006, 03:13 AM
my general thought for the playoffs is as follows:

DIE YANKEES DIE!!!!!

nice W today Tigers.

that is all.

mrowl
10/6/2006, 05:43 PM
twins = suck = hows your golf game?

mrowl
10/6/2006, 09:31 PM
wow. Kenny Rogers is having a great game.

(way to go)

jk the sooner fan
10/6/2006, 10:15 PM
man, Kenny worked it hard tonite.....and i LOVE to see the yankee's on the brink of elimination in the division series....love it love it love it

go tigers!

JohnnyMack
10/7/2006, 09:04 AM
I thought Pudge was out by about 2 inches.

Jeter made a nice play.

Other than that I hope the Yankees burn in a firey desert that rains down flaming ash on them for all eternity.

GrapevineSooner
10/7/2006, 01:41 PM
A Rod living down to his playoff reputation.

Again.

Mixer!
10/7/2006, 06:25 PM
I wonder if Detroit will start burning after the Tigers' victory, or the UM-MSU game...

william_brasky
10/8/2006, 11:18 AM
YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!
YANKEES SUCK!

that made Saturday a little more bearable.

GrapevineSooner
10/8/2006, 11:51 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/766-1008bigback.jpghttp://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/852-1008bigfront.jpg

Scott D
10/8/2006, 01:52 PM
I wonder if Detroit will start burning after the Tigers' victory, or the UM-MSU game...

yeah, that was uncalled for.

BeetDigger
10/8/2006, 07:05 PM
man, Kenny worked it hard tonite.....and i LOVE to see the yankee's on the brink of elimination in the division series....love it love it love it

go tigers!

So much for my prediction that Kenny would suck in the playoffs (as he has in the past). That was a gem.

AustinTXHorn
10/8/2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/766-1008bigback.jpghttp://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/852-1008bigfront.jpg
My god...is that real?

AllAboutThe'O'
10/8/2006, 09:07 PM
My god...is that real?
Only in New York.

JohnnyMack
10/9/2006, 02:34 PM
Watching the Yankees lose made the Saxet game about 01% more tolerable.

Paperclip
10/9/2006, 03:08 PM
I was getting text message updates from my sister during the game. It made what I was watching much more palatable.

TopDawg
10/9/2006, 04:49 PM
Congrats Clip. Ya know, perhaps because I watched the Tigers closely because they were on my fantasy team, I wasn't all that surprised that the series played out this way. Everytime I heard someone say "the heavily favored Yankees" or something to that effect, it baffled me. Too many times over the last few years I've seen the Yankees stop hitting in October, so even after the nice offensive showing in Game 1, I wasn't all that surprised to see your talented pitching staff own them for the rest of the series.

Congrats and good luck.

Paperclip
10/9/2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks TopDawg. I can only hope to get repeat performances like that from Verlander, Rogers and Bonderman. Robertson usually doesn't have two bad outings in a row so hopefully he'll pitch better this series. I kind of expect Verlander to get roughed up in his next start, but I'd love to be wrong. He was up and down the last month or so. Overall, I just hope the Tigers didn't spend so much emotion vs. the Yankees that they don't have anything left. They had a big celebration after clinching the Wild Card and then went out and stunk up the place for a week. They can't afford to do that now.
Sure is fun to still have a team playing in October. Been a long time.

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2006, 09:03 AM
A's in 6
Mets in 7

GrapevineSooner
10/10/2006, 09:17 AM
A's in 6
Mets in 7
I'm pulling for Paperclip's Tigers. But I'd have to agree with these picks.

Oakland looks like they've finally been able to put all the pieces together to make a World Series run.

Whoever wins the ALCS wins the World Series.

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2006, 09:25 AM
My fiance is pulling for the Tigers because "they sprayed the champagne on the fans and shared the celebration with them". It's as good a reason as any. :D

Scott D
10/10/2006, 09:45 AM
My fiance is pulling for the Tigers because "they sprayed the champagne on the fans and shared the celebration with them". It's as good a reason as any. :D

they kinda had to after screwing them out of celebrating a division title ;)

Paperclip
10/10/2006, 10:58 PM
Game 1 to the Tigers! I had a good feeling about Robertson before this game. He delivered. I have the opposite feeling about Verlander tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong. Go Tigers!

Scott D
10/11/2006, 03:32 AM
Game 1 to the Tigers! I had a good feeling about Robertson before this game. He delivered. I have the opposite feeling about Verlander tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong. Go Tigers!

Verlander only sucks when facing the White Sox. He gave up half of his home runs and had an era that I believe was nearly twice as high against Chicago, compared to the rest of the league.

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 07:52 AM
i'm pulling for the mets and tigers

go pudge! i'd really like to see him win a championship

Fugue
10/11/2006, 09:51 AM
is there one Detroit middle reliever that doesn't throw around 100 mph?

:eek:

Scott D
10/11/2006, 11:21 AM
i'm pulling for the mets and tigers

go pudge! i'd really like to see him win a championship

the one he won in 2003 wasn't enough? ;)

Scott D
10/11/2006, 11:22 AM
is there one Detroit middle reliever that doesn't throw around 100 mph?

:eek:

I think Rodney tops out at 96-97. Not sure about Walker :)

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 12:21 PM
the one he won in 2003 wasn't enough? ;)

ahh, so true

had totally forgotten about that

well, i'd like to see him win another one!

Fugue
10/11/2006, 01:09 PM
I think Rodney tops out at 96-97. Not sure about Walker :)

i think Rodney even hit it once yesterday. It's just amazing to me that they all throw that hard.

Scott D
10/11/2006, 02:01 PM
i think Rodney even hit it once yesterday. It's just amazing to me that they all throw that hard.

Then you should enjoy watching Verlander start tonight, he hits 102.

Fugue
10/11/2006, 02:21 PM
Then you should enjoy watching Verlander start tonight, he hits 102.

yeah, it's fun watching Pudge try and catch. Even though he knows the heat is coming, if he has to reach for it, he barely gets to it in time.

:hot:

Paperclip
10/11/2006, 10:32 PM
Glad to be up 2-0, but the Lidle thing is keeping me from being too excited tonight.

Scott D
10/11/2006, 11:08 PM
so which reliever tried to blow it? Rodney or Jones?

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 10:08 AM
Geez people.

No love for my Cards? Four pages of Yankmee, Tiger, and Met masturbation, when none of them will be the next World Series Champ?

The Mets are so scared they prayed for rain.

Fugue
10/12/2006, 10:33 AM
I've had faith in the Cards the last couple years and all that got me was calls from my vbookie. heh

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 10:35 AM
I've had faith in the Cards the last couple years and all that got me was calls from my vbookie. heh

In all seriousness, there's times I wanna reach through the television and rip LaRussa's goofy face off - if ever a guy over manages, it's him. But I'm a Card fan, and they're alive, so it's all good.

Fugue
10/12/2006, 10:41 AM
agreed, too smart/arrogant for his own good sometimes. There is no real pressure this year(maybe overachieved already even) so it may be their time. If they only beat the Mets, they're champs in my book.

william_brasky
10/12/2006, 10:53 AM
Cards = teh suck

only way they win it all is if they re-sign Tony Pena and Willie McGee today

Beef
10/12/2006, 11:06 AM
Cards = teh suck

only way they win it all is if they re-sign Tony Pena and Willie McGee today
How will they help the bullpen?

Scott D
10/12/2006, 11:10 AM
How will they help the bullpen?

really they should get Bruce Sutter out of the HOF and sign Walking Underwear again.

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 11:14 AM
Uh huh. Y'all just keep baggin' on my boys. Whatcha' gonna do when we have our parade in St. Louis? WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!1111.

Scott D
10/12/2006, 11:17 AM
nah I just wanted the opportunity to say Walking Underwear, and everyone knows who I was talking about.

BeetDigger
10/12/2006, 11:19 AM
Uh huh. Y'all just keep baggin' on my boys. Whatcha' gonna do when we have our parade in St. Louis? WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!1111.

Same as people do every year, eat watermelon, drink lemonade, wave the flag and at night, shoot off fireworks. But to be honest with you, July 4th is quite a while off.

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 11:27 AM
Same as people do every year, eat watermelon, drink lemonade, wave the flag and at night, shoot off fireworks. But to be honest with you, July 4th is quite a while off.

that's funny right there, I don't care who you are....

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 11:28 AM
i just dont think the Cards have the pitching to win the NLCS......they've got the bats though...and sometimes thats enough

should be a fun series to watch

Fugue
10/12/2006, 11:39 AM
i just dont think the Cards have the pitching to win the NLCS......they've got the bats though...and sometimes thats enough

should be a fun series to watch

I'd love to eventually see Pujols hitting against the Detroit staff. That would be classic stuff.

Scott D
10/12/2006, 12:02 PM
nobody from St. Louis did that well against the Detroit staff this year....they put them in their original losing streak tailspin.

GrapevineSooner
10/12/2006, 12:11 PM
Tony LaRussa will find some way to f*** this up.

GrapevineSooner
10/12/2006, 12:19 PM
Heh.

"I made it very clear how I wanted the Tigers to perform this postseason, and they failed on every level to produce the desired results," Steinbrenner's statement continued. "They had several opportunities to turn this series around, but they just went out there and played like they didn't care whether the Yankees won or lost."

"The pitching was fantastic, the offense was timely, the defense was flawless… Frankly, it made me sick," Steinbrenner added.

"He's the Boss—he owns the Yankees, and that gives him the right to fire whoever he wants," shortstop Derek Jeter said. "The Yankees have a long tradition of winning, and the Detroit Tigers failed to respect that."

RacerX
10/12/2006, 12:35 PM
The TO article is pretty damn good too.

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 12:39 PM
The St. Louis bullpen simply has to step it up. And against SD, they did. I'm hoping they're finally over losing Isringhausen.

I really think the key will be if Rolen and Edmonds can back up Pujols, and if the weenis hitting Molina can hit over .200. I can't remember the back-up catcher's name right now, but he can hit circles around Molina.

Scott D
10/12/2006, 02:58 PM
Dean, if the Cards win the World Series, I'll sport a Walking Underwear avatar for a month.

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 03:28 PM
Dean, if the Cards win the World Series, I'll sport a Walking Underwear avatar for a month.

Just saving the quote for g.p.

Scott D
10/12/2006, 04:16 PM
Just saving the quote for g.p.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nl/stlcards/Jandujarcard.JPG

JohnnyMack
10/13/2006, 12:50 PM
Going into the St. Louis / Mets series I didn't care who won. Now I want the Mets to win:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15748031.htm

"He wasn't good. He wasn't good at all," Pujols said of Glavine, who threw seven innings of four-hit ball for the victory. "I think we hit the ball hard, we didn't get some breaks.

"I say he wasn't good at all. We just didn't get some opportunities and that's it. . . . (Glavine did the) same thing that he always does. Throw a changeup, fastball and that was it. I just think we should've done a better job than we did."

What a di*khead.

C&CDean
10/13/2006, 02:55 PM
He's right. In the early innings St. Louis was hitting shots - right at people. Later in the game it looked like they quit offensively. And don't be calling my boy Pujols a dickhead. Dickhead. He's the best thing that's happened to MLB since Mickey Mantle.

Scott D
10/13/2006, 03:04 PM
I just wanted to add that for the record, most photos of Walking Underwear are with him in an Astros uniform.

GrapevineSooner
10/13/2006, 04:55 PM
He wasn't good.

But he still managed to shut out the Cards. Granted, that took a little luck along the way. And I don't personally think Pujols is a d***head.

But he certainly came off sounding like one.

JohnnyMack
10/13/2006, 08:29 PM
He's right. In the early innings St. Louis was hitting shots - right at people. Later in the game it looked like they quit offensively. And don't be calling my boy Pujols a dickhead. Dickhead. He's the best thing that's happened to MLB since Mickey Mantle.

You're a dickhead.

Paperclip
10/13/2006, 09:00 PM
While you're talking about the pathetic National League the Tigers have taken a 3-0 series lead. Woo hoo!

Paperclip
10/14/2006, 07:04 PM
The Tigers win the pennant! The Tigers win the pennant!

YES!!!!!!

Scott D
10/14/2006, 07:05 PM
congrats Clip...

colleyvillesooner
10/14/2006, 07:30 PM
congrats.

william_brasky
10/14/2006, 08:30 PM
The Tigers win the pennant! The Tigers win the pennant!

YES!!!!!!

Awesome!!!

Those guys are playing some outstanding baseball.

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2006, 09:13 PM
Damn, it's so great to see a freaking whorn give up the pennant clinching homer!!

Paperclip
10/14/2006, 10:50 PM
Damn, it's so great to see a freaking whorn give up the pennant clinching homer!!

HA! I thought the exact same thing.

GrapevineSooner
10/15/2006, 12:21 AM
Time to change your location, Paperclip. ;)

Congrats.

jk the sooner fan
10/15/2006, 07:21 AM
way to go Tigers!!!!!!

C&CDean
10/18/2006, 08:30 AM
Go Cards.

william_brasky
10/18/2006, 08:44 AM
Your boys need just 1 now.

Who was bitching about the bullpen?

C&CDean
10/18/2006, 02:37 PM
Your boys need just 1 now.

Who was bitching about the bullpen?

Everybody. And for good reason. It's just amazing/weird how they've pulled it together since Isringhausen is out.

Carpenter throws tonight. I'm thinking perfect game. OK, I'll just settle for a no-no. Alright, I'll just take a shutout. Fine, gimme a win. That'll work.

Paperclip
10/18/2006, 03:02 PM
Ah yes, I almost forgot somebody was still playing to determine who will lose to the Tigers.

;)

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 10:16 PM
Hell of a Game 7 going on.

mets 1
STL 1
Top 9

That catch by Perez was SICK. Highlight of the playoffs so far and saved the Mets season.

RacerX
10/19/2006, 10:20 PM
OOPS

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 10:21 PM
Boy did I just curse the hell of out this game. Not 5 mins after that post, STL hits a two run home run to take a 3-1 lead in the 9th. That should do it.

RacerX
10/19/2006, 10:22 PM
Yep.

I felt things wouldn't go well for the Mets after they had the bases loaded with no outs and didn't score.

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 10:27 PM
Yep.

I felt things wouldn't go well for the Mets after they had the bases loaded with no outs and didn't score.

Yeah, after the catch, I thought, "The Mets are gonna win this" Then they loaded the bases and didn't score. I thought "Nope, they're gonna lose."

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 10:31 PM
Uh, oh. 1st two runners reach for the Mets. IS this the beginning of something special or just the baseball gods showing the Mets their heart before crushing it?

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 10:41 PM
Bases loaded for Mets

Bottom 9th. 2 out for Beltran.

Doesn't get much better.

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 10:43 PM
Cards win 3-1.

Mets stranded 11. :les: 10!

There's your story. Suppan was really good too.

sooneron
10/19/2006, 10:51 PM
I am so glad to see Carlos move on to the world ser.... oops! Nevermind!

Ardmore_Sooner
10/19/2006, 11:25 PM
Carlos striking out looking. Could it get any better than that?!

GrapevineSooner
10/22/2006, 11:31 AM
Tiggers looked rusty at the plate last night.

I think they'll bounce back tonight.

william_brasky
10/22/2006, 12:32 PM
they did look rusty.

the cards looked good though. those younger tiger pitchers can't sneak the cheese past st. louie.

Paperclip
10/22/2006, 02:05 PM
I actually figured the Tigers would lose last night. The Cards are still pretty pumped about Game 7 with the Mets and the Tigers have had a week off. If they go 0-2 then I'll be surprised. Tigers win tonight.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/22/2006, 05:56 PM
As much as I despise Kenny Rogers, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull for him tonight.
Both Mack Brown and Tony LaRussa winning the big prize would make for a pretty rough year for yours truly.

mrowl
10/22/2006, 07:32 PM
Kenny cheating?

mrowl
10/22/2006, 07:53 PM
yep. he was cheating.

hurricane'bone
10/22/2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, so what's the deal with stuff on his hand? Anything going to happen?

colleyvillesooner
10/22/2006, 10:24 PM
I missed whatever yall are talking about. Care to share?

GrapevineSooner
10/22/2006, 10:32 PM
Apparently he had some kind of a substance on the base of his hand in the first inning. Whatever it was, he removed it from the second inning on.

And St. Louie still couldn't hit him tonight.

Paperclip
10/22/2006, 11:24 PM
He claimed it was dirt. I'd like to believe him, but...

Interesting though that they actually got a hit off him that inning, but not another until the 8th.

GrapevineSooner
10/23/2006, 07:42 AM
Getting thrown out of a World Series game would have tarnished his image more than his shove of the camerman last year.

Mjcpr
10/23/2006, 08:29 AM
I think he has toilet issues.

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1023/mlb_rogers_hands_412.jpg

mrowl
10/23/2006, 09:25 AM
Getting thrown out of a World Series game would have tarnished his image more than his shove of the camerman last year.

that why I think MLB had something to do with "not doing anything about it, just tell him to clean it up"

Fugue
10/23/2006, 09:50 AM
yet another black mark on a once great game.

JohnnyMack
10/23/2006, 10:09 AM
That would have been pretty brazen (or stupid) to do something like that in a WS game. Also the fact that he was pretty much untouchable the WHOLE NIGHT and not just the 1st inning makes me wonder if the Cards fans aren't acting like a bunch of whinny crybabbies.

GrapevineSooner
10/23/2006, 10:56 AM
If anything, I'd wonder why the Cards didn't press to have Rogers thrown out of the game? Fox showed that image with one out in the first inning. Somebody in the clubhouse had to have been watching the TV and should have immediately told LaRussa so he could go out and ask the umps to check Rogers' hand so they could catch him BROWN HANDED!!!

;)

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 10:58 AM
If anything, I'd wonder why the Cards didn't press to have Rogers thrown out of the game? Fox showed that image with one out in the first inning. Somebody in the clubhouse had to have been watching the TV and should have immediately told LaRussa so he could go out and ask the umps to check Rogers' hand so they could catch him BROWN HANDED!!!

;)

Yeah, they hinted that on the SC post game show, saying if he was going to make a stink about it, it should have been right away.

mrowl
10/23/2006, 01:57 PM
there was an ESPN story last night about the brown hand...

they went back through his last couple starts in the playoffs and found the brown hand, both times.

cheater.

mrowl
10/23/2006, 02:00 PM
game 3 of the ALCS on the left, and on the right is Sunday.

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1023/mlb_rogers_hands_412.jpg

C&CDean
10/24/2006, 09:48 AM
Kenny Rogers is the Terrell Owens of baseball. Nobody likes a punk. Except punks.

Scott D
10/24/2006, 12:38 PM
so that means you think Kenny Rogers is the bees knees :D

C&CDean
10/24/2006, 03:01 PM
Sure. If by bees knees you mean dick head.

jk the sooner fan
10/24/2006, 03:15 PM
is there anybody in professional sports that doesnt cheat anymore?

mrowl
10/24/2006, 03:18 PM

?

http://images.art.com/images/-/Gabe-Kapler--C10120819.jpeg

Ike
10/24/2006, 03:20 PM

sure. they all make the league minimum.

Scott D
10/24/2006, 07:22 PM
Gonna go with a bold, no reasoning prediction here...
Cardinals win next 3 for WS title. For no other reason than I believe in the cyclic nature of baseball which, to me, indicates:
- Cardinal hitting breaks out
- Tiger defense makes a few key errors
- young Tiger pitchers are not used to cold weather
and
- Cardinals are simply due an easy time of it

hah...wtf you think robertson and bonderman have been pitching in? :P

GrapevineSooner
10/25/2006, 09:45 AM
So say Pedro Martinez and Derek Lowe. ;)

Scott D
10/25/2006, 11:00 AM
yet another black mark on a once great game.

I just want to take the time to mention that this is a game that did admit a well known cheater to the hall of fame just because he won 300 games, mostly by well.....cheating.

When a game has as many 'unwritten rules' bull**** as baseball does, it's essentially a game of cheaters run by cheaters paid by cheaters for fans who are being cheated

Fugue
10/25/2006, 07:07 PM
I just want to take the time to mention that this is a game that did admit a well known cheater to the hall of fame just because he won 300 games, mostly by well.....cheating.

When a game has as many 'unwritten rules' bull**** as baseball does, it's essentially a game of cheaters run by cheaters paid by cheaters for fans who are being cheated

no argument from me here. when I say once great game I mean when it was invented. or seeing some kids playing a pickup game etc.. The game is pure but the people who play it for money rarely are.

birddog
10/26/2006, 09:46 PM
game 4's gettin pretty good. 3-2 tigers in the 6th.

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 10:00 PM
He was out.

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 10:07 PM
7TH INNING STRETCH ! ! !

Mixer!
10/26/2006, 10:09 PM
Now that was a good rendition of 'God Bless America'. No American Idol-esque interpretations needed for this great song.

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 10:13 PM
She was not HAWT though. :D

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 10:14 PM
PULL THOSE TAILS OFF THOSE TIGERS BABAY!

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 10:15 PM
i wish MLB would fine that idiot Tiger pitcher for wearing his hat all cockeyed.....

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 10:16 PM
Zucchini in for another Err....lol

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 10:18 PM
http://www.cat-world.com.au/images/Toyger.jpg

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 10:20 PM
That change up is bad a$$.

Wow!

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 10:23 PM
his hat looks stupid but he can pitch.....nasty stuff

jk the sooner fan
10/26/2006, 10:24 PM
wow, he just made Rolen look sick

Paperclip
10/26/2006, 10:28 PM
I feel sick.

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 10:31 PM
I feel sick.
Sorry Clip.

I'd be rootin' for the Tigers if they weren't playin the Cards.

Paperclip
10/26/2006, 10:38 PM
It's cool. The Cards were my grandmother's team so I've always liked them.

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 11:10 PM
3-1 CARDS

SWEETNESS ! ! !

:pop:

Paperclip
10/27/2006, 09:27 PM
Somebody's going to have to tell me how this game ends. I threw a brick through my tv.

birddog
10/27/2006, 09:53 PM
gettin down to the nubbins' here. 4-2 top o' 8 i believe.

mrowl
10/27/2006, 10:21 PM
pudge is a tool for not running that ground ball out. ******.

Paperclip
10/27/2006, 10:26 PM
Congrats Cards fans. Obviously I'm disappointed in the series, but overall I have to be ecstatic about a great season for my Tigers.

mrowl
10/27/2006, 10:29 PM
Congrats Cards fans. Obviously I'm disappointed in the series, but overall I have to be ecstatic about a great season for my Tigers.

120 losses next year? ;)

What a crappy series. detroit did not look like the ALCS champ.

Its probably kenny karma.

Paperclip
10/27/2006, 10:32 PM
pudge is a tool for not running that ground ball out. ******.

:rolleyes:

Don't be so ignorant. I know it's hard as a Rangers fan, but do your best.

mrowl
10/27/2006, 10:38 PM
:rolleyes:

Don't be so ignorant. I know it's hard as a Rangers fan, but do your best.

come on... the second the pitcher dropped the ball, pudge had a chance to get to 1st, and he slowed up.

Paperclip
10/27/2006, 10:44 PM
He was not going to beat that throw. Regardless, the way the Tigers pitched this year is a tribute to Pudge's handling of the staff which put them in the position to be in the Series in the first place. He's far from a tool or a ******.

mrowl
10/27/2006, 10:57 PM
He was not going to beat that throw. Regardless, the way the Tigers pitched this year is a tribute to Pudge's handling of the staff which put them in the position to be in the Series in the first place. He's far from a tool or a ******.

okay, hes an ex-roid using short guy? :D

StoopTroup
10/27/2006, 11:40 PM
I feel good....

http://www.concertshots.com/Aug%2003%20Images/cs-JamesBrown4-Atlanta83103.JPG

...I knew that I would....

Paperclip
10/27/2006, 11:58 PM
Congrats ST. I apologize that you had to share the field with a team that was absolutely scared to death. I'm still proud of my guys, but it was obvious they were incredibly nervous to be on that big a stage.

Scott D
10/28/2006, 12:15 AM
Nah, they looked like a team that had a week off and lost any and all momentum they had going into the Series.

GrapevineSooner
10/28/2006, 09:26 AM
Hear hear.

Tigers fans have nothing to be ashamed of in their team. They're still young and will be one of the favorites to get back to this stage next season.

Once you get, anything can happen. The Cards certainly proved that. Congrats to them on their championship run this October. My dad grew up a Cards fan. I'm sure last night's win brought a smile to his face.

Mjcpr
10/28/2006, 10:30 AM
This development is only going to make the Cubs that much more dangerous!

RAWRRR!!!

:O

Scott D
10/28/2006, 02:33 PM
This development is only going to make the Cubs that much more dangerous!

RAWRRR!!!

:O

to whom? Their Triple A affiliate? :D

william_brasky
10/28/2006, 10:00 PM
Note to Leyland: next spring training, work on pitcher's defending the bunt.

BeetDigger
10/28/2006, 10:26 PM
Note to Leyland: next spring training, work on pitcher's defending the bunt.

You mean field a bunt? It's baseball, not football. :D