PDA

View Full Version : Weather Alert for Dallas . . .

OK2LA
10/3/2006, 01:34 PM
Fall is in the air . . . and in Dallas, that means hot.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX0327?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

What I like to see is the tejas fans insisting on wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts to the game. I don't know if many of you have noticed, but many from the SEC schools "dress up" for the games - citing it as an event. (Which is kinda cool - the kids are in blazers/ties and the girls are dressed in cocktail dresses/skirts)

Turn the page

Shorthorn fan still can't forget those long lost SWC days when they'd play texas schools all day long, and hunt for soooee piggy to call a rival. I think they're jealous of the SEC schools for their fashion sense, and feel that they have to "represent" their heritage of who knows what - and wear a burnt peach oxford Polo, (I didn't know Ralph Lauren made that color - wtf was he thinking?!?) and blue jeans - (most choose designer jeans that no REAL COWBOY would be caught dead in) with cowboy boots.

Shorthorn fan = "Guy that wants to look Cool" I see these guys sweatin' like a fat kid at a buffet - trying to "look good" and toweling off the sweat that is hemmoraging off of their foreheads like a geyser. Most of these fools don't have the common sense to even roll up their sleeves on their shirts either. This is one of the things I've gotten a kick out of when it's in the 90's for the RRS.

This should be some good "beer drinkin'" weather on Saturday.

devOUt
10/3/2006, 02:03 PM
The hotter the better. We'll see if animal's boys have been taking too many trips through the dessert line. :twinkies:

Boomer.....
10/3/2006, 02:31 PM
At least no rain

pgagolfpro77
10/3/2006, 03:15 PM
Hotter is def better.

I think our strength program = heat in our favor.

Lets get those shorthorn linemen sweating off the dougnuts they had that morning, while our guys relish the fact that they are playing in the heat instead of enduring another of Schmitty's deadly workout sessions.....

:)

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2006, 03:23 PM
Late 70s, the costume for UT coeds going to games.. jean skirts or khaki skirts... Izod or Polo Shirt, espadrilles.

Dudes were in jeans, boots, polo or Izod shirts.

Alumni costume now.... khaki pants, boots, polo or Izod shirt, cap.

TheGodfather889
10/3/2006, 03:25 PM
Damn I hate hot weather.

mrowl
10/4/2006, 08:33 PM
the forecast keeps getting cooler!

Saturday, Oct 7

Mostly Sunny
Sunshine and patchy clouds. Winds from the SE at 10 mph.
Realfeel®: 85 °F
High: 86 °F

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=1&zipcode=75201&metric=0

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2006, 08:44 PM
I thought you were going to post that there will be a Crimson storm rolling into town on Saturday afternoon around 2:30. Should last about 3 1/2 or 4 hours. It will blow back to the North of the Red River after retrieving the golden hat after crushing someone named Bevo Mack.