PDA

View Full Version : Fat Jihad 2006...only 90 or so days left

Tear Down This Wall
10/3/2006, 11:23 AM
A

King Crimson
10/3/2006, 11:29 AM
sounds pretty familiar. I'm about 5' 10" and got down to 188 but am back in the 200+ range but have been hitting the pool a few times a week the last month or so. i feel pretty good consequently, but dropping the 15 lbs or so is still where i ought to be. good luck with that TDTW

NormanPride
10/3/2006, 11:30 AM
I'm on one as well. If I keep going at my current rate, I should hit my goal the week of the wedding. I'm down 25lbs so far.

Tear Down This Wall
10/3/2006, 11:43 AM
Dadgum! Congrats! Dropping 25 is awesome! They'd have to ban me from the soft drink and pie aisles to get me down 25. Pie. Must have pie!

Widescreen
10/3/2006, 11:44 AM
Keep it up. It's worth it.

NormanPride
10/3/2006, 11:47 AM
Dadgum! Congrats! Dropping 25 is awesome! They'd have to ban me from the soft drink and pie aisles to get me down 25. Pie. Must have pie!

Heh, thanks. That's not even halfway to goal. :( But I feel unbelievably better, and the pounds keep coming off! I feel less manly, though, since I'm using Weight Watchers. At least I'm not going to meetings! I just track points like a stat-whoring football fan should. :D

10/3/2006, 01:12 PM
6'6", 240. I'm in a holding pattern. I'd like to get to 225, but at near 40 years old, I won't complain. I've lost more than I care to mention since Easter.

All it took was a major increase in exercise and cutting junk food out of my diet. I'm going to write a book.

And no, I don't have any eligibility left.

NormanPride
10/3/2006, 01:15 PM
6'6", 240. I'm in a holding pattern. I'd like to get to 225, but at near 40 years old, I won't complain. I've lost more than I care to mention since Easter.

All it took was a major increase in exercise and cutting junk food out of my diet. I'm going to write a book.

And no, I don't have any eligibility left.

That's much of what I did. The biggest step for me was getting over the fact that sometimes you don't need to finish everything. I was brought up that wasting food was a cardinal sin, so... :(

Tear Down This Wall
10/3/2006, 01:42 PM
Heh, thanks. That's not even halfway to goal. :( But I feel unbelievably better, and the pounds keep coming off! I feel less manly, though, since I'm using Weight Watchers. At least I'm not going to meetings! I just track points like a stat-whoring football fan should. :D

I feel that way a little because I'm just drinking a Slim Fast thing in the morning. It works, but..I'm hungry and cranky by about 10:30 in the a.m.

At lunch I'm mainly eating turkey or chicken sandwiches...made from the thin, prepacked turkey and chicken from the supermarket.

So...by the time dinner time rolls around, I eat whatever it is my wife cooks. She could haul the spare tire out of her car cut it up and boil it and I'd eat it.

Damn aging and metabolism all to hell!

NormanPride
10/3/2006, 01:48 PM
I feel that way a little because I'm just drinking a Slim Fast thing in the morning. It works, but..I'm hungry and cranky by about 10:30 in the a.m.

At lunch I'm mainly eating turkey or chicken sandwiches...made from the thin, prepacked turkey and chicken from the supermarket.

So...by the time dinner time rolls around, I eat whatever it is my wife cooks. She could haul the spare tire out of her car cut it up and boil it and I'd eat it.

Damn aging and metabolism all to hell!

Heh. I hear you on that one. It helps if she's on the same diet. But try bringing that one up! "Honey, could you go on a diet with me?" :eek:

Tear Down This Wall
10/3/2006, 01:56 PM
B

NormanPride
10/3/2006, 02:00 PM
I hate thin people. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2006, 02:18 PM
Heh. I hear you on that one. It helps if she's on the same diet. But try bringing that one up! "Honey, could you go on a diet with me?" :eek:

Worked on me. :O I'm officially living the South Beach way for a week now thanks to the fiances desire to lose a few before the wedding (not that she needs to). I think I got tricked. :D

Down 5 lbs though!

Mjcpr
10/3/2006, 02:19 PM
Worked on me. :O I'm officially living the South Beach way for a week now thanks to the fiances desire to lose a few before the wedding (not that she needs to). I think I got tricked. :D

Down 5 lbs though!

Part of that is probably your testicles, though.

NormanPride
10/3/2006, 02:21 PM

Dude, you are giving him WAY too much credit.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2006, 02:22 PM
Dude, you are giving him WAY too much credit.

See what we have here is NormanPride admitting that he knows the weight of my testicles. Eww.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2006, 02:23 PM

Uh, hellooo, I got engaged. They were the down payment on the ring. :D

NormanPride
10/3/2006, 02:27 PM
See what we have here is NormanPride admitting that he knows the weight of my testicles. Eww.

:mad: