PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking about changing...

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 09:22 AM
my username this weekend. i thought 57-39-5 had a nice ring to it!

i say we take it 17-16. :hot:

mrowl
10/3/2006, 09:23 AM
I hope thats not your waist size.

Fugue
10/3/2006, 09:24 AM
nope, IQ draining from his brain. ;)

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 09:27 AM
it will be the hardest fought rrs in some time, if that counts for anything.

TheLadiesMike
10/3/2006, 09:28 AM
it will be the hardest fought rrs in some time, if that counts for anything.

It does, most of this decade there wasn't a fight! :D

caphorns
10/3/2006, 09:33 AM
it will be the hardest fought rrs line of soonerfans clamouring to leave early while whining about the refs in some time, if that counts for anything. Fixed

sooner518
10/3/2006, 09:43 AM
Why dont you change it to "7-4" ?

At Oklahoma, we judge success by championships. But if that 56 is important to you, go right on ahead

fadada1
10/3/2006, 09:44 AM
it will be the hardest fought rrs in some time, with mack trying to develop a new excuse for losing, while continuing to answer questions for his QB's lackluster performance, if that counts for anything.
re-fixed

picasso
10/3/2006, 09:44 AM

That number has changed drastically in my short stay on this earth.

The Maestro
10/3/2006, 09:48 AM
Just curious...do horn fans talk "overall head to head record smack" with any other fan base?

Yeah, probably not cause they don't need to resort to that...they only need that with us.

Dio
10/3/2006, 09:56 AM
Just don't change your handle to "I'm such a loser, I still brag about leather helmet era wins"

'Cause it pretty much says that already.

picasso
10/3/2006, 09:58 AM
Just don't change your handle to "I'm such a loser, I still brag about leather jockstrap era wins"

:eek:

caphorns
10/3/2006, 10:01 AM
ouch. I guess football got better for soonerfans when the players started snorting cocaine and taking roids.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/3/2006, 10:04 AM
I'm guessing after Saturday, you'll forget this web site exists. Like you somehow didn't know it existed the 5 years before last October.

Yes, I'm calling you a gutless turd.

mrowl
10/3/2006, 10:05 AM
ouch. I guess football got better for soonerfans when the players started snorting cocaine and taking roids.

http://blog.sportscolumn.com/images/storyimages/ricky.jpg

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2002/0813/photo/e_rwmd_i.jpg

picasso
10/3/2006, 10:06 AM
ouch. I guess football got better for hornfans when the players started smoking and selling weed and taking roids.

fixed.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 10:08 AM
imagine what we could do if we weren't stoned

picasso
10/3/2006, 10:10 AM
don't fool yourself about steroids Cappy. it's at every level. I've seen it.

and Boz made All Big 8 before he ballooned to 250.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 10:15 AM
Don't act like the Sooners didn't have their own version of the White House back in the day.

Ash
10/3/2006, 10:21 AM
Don't act like the Sooners didn't have their own version of the White House back in the day.

Don't act like your not praying one of your star players doesn't end up in jail before 2:30 on Saturday.

The Maestro
10/3/2006, 10:21 AM
I'm guessing Q wasn't on roids.

Oops! Sorry, I think he just scored again!

Fugue
10/3/2006, 10:22 AM
Don't act like your not praying one of your star players doesn't end up in jail before 2:30 on Saturday.

they wait until after the season to arrest whorn players. that's when they can find them.

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 10:23 AM
I'm guessing after Saturday, you'll forget this web site exists. Like you somehow didn't know it existed the 5 years before last October.

Yes, I'm calling you a gutless turd.

okay, i'll come by on saturday. if you win, i'll change my username to gutless turd.
i've got to think what your end of the deal needs to be.

SOONER44EVER
10/3/2006, 10:23 AM

I have an idea. You could tatoo that on your leg! :D

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 10:29 AM

Whatever!!!! oh i have a question for ya.....GOT SEVEN?

WE DO! GO SOONERS!:D :D :D

The Maestro
10/3/2006, 10:31 AM
Whatever!!!! oh i have a question for ya.....GOT SEVEN?

WE DO! GO SOONERS!:D :D :D

Speaking of that, do the horn fans have any "Got Three?" or "Got Four?" shirts? Man, I would love to get my hands on one of those for comedy's sake.

Hell, get one for Bevo..."Got Balls?"

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 10:35 AM
Speaking of that, do the horn fans have any "Got Three?" or "Got Four?" shirts? Man, I would love to get my hands on one of those for comedy's sake.

Hell, get one for Bevo..."Got Balls?"

Have not seen any shirts but you should of heard them bragging last year! I just smiled and said well we have seven and your point is?

They would shut up pretty quick. It still makes me laugh!:D

caphorns
10/3/2006, 10:37 AM
7 doesn't bother me

http://panicstream.com/images/hookem/bomared2_bw.jpg

sooneron
10/3/2006, 10:42 AM
7 doesn't mother me

What's your point? Just like Wonderlic McScrambles, he's gone.

What does mother me mean? How can a number "mother" you?

It's amazing, ONE person on whornfans has a little graphics job and they think this crap is really great stuff. And I thought asstin was a cauldron of creative thought and expression. Your expectations are really low down there.

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 10:43 AM
7 doesn't mother me

Thats because you arent used to being a champion! :D

Oh and in case you haven't noticed...we are doing fine w/o Bomar! ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/3/2006, 10:55 AM
56-39-5....is that the number of years months and days since you ve known the ways of a woman

Luthor
10/3/2006, 10:56 AM
Just don't change your handle to "I'm such a loser, I still brag about leather helmet era wins"

Nah, we just talk score board. Oh, and sometimes we throw in a little ghey hobby horse mascot smack but we draw the line there. No band smack.

sooneron
10/3/2006, 10:58 AM
Oh, and sometimes we throw in a little ghey hobby horse mascot smack but we draw the line there. No band smack.
Compared to your felt covered mascot that walks the sidelines? Yeah, don't go for band smack, your little ginger bread boys and girls are just plain ghey.

sooneron
10/3/2006, 11:00 AM
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6026/gaytexasfp3.jpg

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 11:03 AM
56-39-5....is that the number of years months and days since you ve known the ways of a woman

i'm obviously smart - i went to texas - but i'm not 100% sure i understand this.

sooneron
10/3/2006, 11:07 AM
i'm obviously smart - i went to texas - but i'm not 100% sure i understand this.
Math much?! Basically he said you were 59 years, 3 months and 5 days removed from getting any poon. :rolleyes:

vince, is that you? I heard you had trouble with the wonderlic math.

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 11:12 AM

NOT SMART ENOUGH TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SCHOOL! :D

Obviously your color blind as well! ;)

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 11:17 AM
Math much?! Basically he said you were 59 years, 3 months and 5 days removed from getting any poon. :rolleyes:

vince, is that you? I heard you had trouble with the wonderlic math.

nope, i got the math part. you took 56 and added 3 years (39months/12months) to get 59. that left us with 3 months and 5 days. even without looking at your answer i solved that in 10 minutes.
no, the part i was curious about was the "ways of a woman". i still don't really know what that means. i think it was a trick question.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 11:17 AM
I've noticed you are playing cupcake defenses so far without Bomar. I've also noticed that PT has a hard time completing a 5 yard pass, much less being accurate downfield. But don't let the lack of quality of the play at your No. 1 position bother you.

It's funny how quickly ya'll have turned around on Bomar's play. Last year all the talk was how Bomar was getting experience and once he got his feet wet, he was going to destroy defenses with his cannon arm and rocket legs. I guess you didn't count on your boosters getting busted on the little pay-for-play scheme, so now Bomar sucks. Oh well.

fadada1
10/3/2006, 11:22 AM
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6026/gaytexasfp3.jpg
beat me to it.

why don't they put this on a shirt??

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 11:23 AM
I guess you didn't count on your boosters getting busted on the little pay-for-play scheme, so now Bomar sucks. Oh well.

You are foolish to think it does not go on at your school too! They just havent gotten caught yet. ;)

And besides Sooners always come out on top! :D

Like I said before, we are doing fine w/o him....On to the next subject! :P

fadada1
10/3/2006, 11:25 AM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7227/vincell4oh0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 11:25 AM
NOT SMART ENOUGH TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SCHOOL! :D

Obviously your color blind as well! ;)

how in the hell did you know i was color blind from reading my post? damn. if somebody calls me awesome i'm gonna have to start peering over my cube to see which one of you knows my identity.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/3/2006, 11:28 AM
Nah, we just talk score board. Oh, and sometimes we throw in a little ghey hobby horse mascot smack but we draw the line there. No band smack.

And the five years you don't have scoreboard you live vicariously through Aggy.

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 11:31 AM

:D
Priceless!

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 11:34 AM
how in the hell did you know i was color blind from reading my post? damn. if somebody calls me awesome i'm gonna have to start peering over my cube to see which one of you knows my identity.

Anyone that wishes to wear burnt orange must be color blind! No offense...its just not a pretty color! ;)

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 12:01 PM
damn, i'm offering to change my username to the consensus vote here (if you guys win) and all i've got right now is 'gutless turd'.

Flagstaffsooner
10/3/2006, 12:07 PM
I was thinking about changing my underwear this week. Us whorns do that every couple of months.

Yup dirty whorn.

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 12:10 PM
damn, i'm offering to change my username to the consensus vote here (if you guys win) and all i've got right now is 'gutless turd'.

How bout "only got 3"? :cool:

SleestakSooner
10/3/2006, 12:22 PM

Looks like that Texass education carried you all the way to a desk job and they gave you your own little cube to sit in! Congratulations on making the most of your superior schooling. You should stick to counting titles, you wouldn't need to remove your shoes then.:P

caphorns
10/3/2006, 12:26 PM
You are foolish to think it does not go on at your school too! They just havent gotten caught yet. ;)

And besides Sooners always come out on top! :D

Like I said before, we are doing fine w/o him....On to the next subject! :P

Everytime a Sooner gets caught cheating, suddenly we hear "it's not just us." Well, you know what - it probably is just you guys this time. I don't know what else would attract them to your neck of the woods. Certainly not the chance to be a gimp for Coach Nice Guy.

OK2LA
10/3/2006, 12:27 PM
Just curious...do horn fans talk "overall head to head record smack" with any other fan base?

Yeah, probably not cause they don't need to resort to that...they only need that with us.

No "truer" statement has been made.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 12:28 PM
Looks like that Texass education carried you all the way to a desk job and they gave you your own little cube to sit in! Congratulations on making the most of your superior schooling. You should stick to counting titles, you wouldn't need to remove your shoes then.:P

Quiet down and get your brush busy. There's cars in need of a warsh.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 12:30 PM
No "truer" statement has been made.

We own our other opposition so badly, it doesn't need to be mentioned. We own you guys, but you still need a reminder or two cause of those national championships ya stole back in the days when it payed to play for the Sooners. Which - last time I checked - was as recently as last year.

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 12:30 PM
How bout "only got 3"? :cool:
it would need to be "only got 4". we'll have the 3/4, 6/7 debate another time.

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 12:33 PM
how in the hell did you know i was color blind from reading my post? damn. if somebody calls me awesome i'm gonna have to start looking out the drive through window where I'm serving fries to see which one of you knows my identity.

Should clear things up a bit. :D

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 12:37 PM
I have an idea. You could tatoo that on your leg! :D

Or maybe on his arm since his BFF is tatooed on his leg already... :rolleyes:

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 12:42 PM
im obviusly smarte - i wint too texas - but im not 100% sure i understaned thes

Message edited by 56-39-5's mother before posted...

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 12:48 PM
I've noticed you are playing cupcake defenses so far without Bomar. I've also noticed that PT has a hard time completing a 5 yard pass, much less being accurate downfield. But don't let the lack of quality of the play at your No. 1 position bother you.

It's funny you guys are Sooner Fans, so when a kid gets kicked off your team for doing something illegal and morally wrong to hurt the entire team, program and fanbase, you end up disliking him and putting your faith in the only experienced quarterback you have on the roster. It's also strange that your "No. 1 position" at this point is actually better than it was with a redshirt freshmen under center last year. I'll go look for a DeMarco Murray Jersey because the next time "my team" wins will be win DM graduates 5 years from now... Oh well.

That's what I read into that... ;)

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 12:48 PM
Message edited by 56-39-5's mother before posted...

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 12:50 PM
how in the hell did you know i was color blind from reading my post? damn. if somebody calls me stupid i'm gonna have to start peering over my grill station to see which one of you knows my identity.

pwn3d!!! Okay, last one... I swear...

Bourbon St Sooner
10/3/2006, 12:51 PM
okay, i'll come by on saturday. if you win, i'll change my username to gutless turd.
i've got to think what your end of the deal needs to be.

No, if you come back to take your lumps on Monday, then it's fine. I'm mostly referring to all of the horn 'fans' that suddenly discovered this site around October of last year.

SleestakSooner
10/3/2006, 12:53 PM
Seriously, call Dell and Craphorn here will be answering the phone saying "Dude! Your getting a Dell!" puff puff pass... Bet that cubicle you sit in has a great view though!

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 12:53 PM
Everytime a Sooner gets caught cheating, suddenly we hear "it's not just us." Well, you know what - it probably is just you guys this time. I don't know what else would attract them to your neck of the woods. Certainly not the chance to be a gimp for Coach Nice Guy.

we didnt get caught cheeting, one of our boosters did! :rolleyes: If it had been your university....it would of been swept under the rug and never talked about again! :eek:

And the attraction to OU is Championships and a University with Class! :D

caphorns
10/3/2006, 01:06 PM
And the attraction to OU is Championships

I remember those cover words being uttered by at least one very famous No. 1 Texas recruit who ended up driving around in a Lexus with 0 championships. ;)

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 01:12 PM
I remember those cover words being uttered by at least one very famous No. 1 Texas recruit who ended up driving around in a Lexus with 0 championships. ;)

Your just upset cuz he chose his school wisely! Get ready to watch AD run all over the field on Sat. :D

HA HA he plays for us and not you! ;)

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 01:29 PM
Cappy, Cappy, Cappy. You just never learn do you? You come on here the week before the RRS and start talking all this old smack. I'll even bet you do a search and copy and paste the same thing every year so your carpel tunnel doesn't act up.

And every year, after the RRS, you disappear until such time as you can sneak back in here and try to down play how poorly the wHorns played.

And when it gets right down to it, all you have is that pre-WWII record. 5 out of 7 years you can't talk scoreboard, you can't talk about winning, and you can't talk even good smack.

All you can do is defend the pot-heads, and television thieves. I guess this year you can defend the gun toters.

What we all really want to know is, why were you banned from Hornfans? And do you really have to come to the board of your biggest rivals just to get some kind of recognition?

Ardmore_Sooner
10/3/2006, 01:35 PM
Cap, when comes down to it, do you think Mack is a better coach then Stoops?

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 01:49 PM
Heh, they called our coach "Nice Guy." I guess they don't remember Coach "I want to say I'm sorry for getting outscored by over 100 points over the course of four years..."

caphorns
10/3/2006, 01:51 PM
Cappy, Cappy, Cappy. You just never learn do you? You come on here the week before the RRS and start talking all this old smack. I'll even bet you do a search and copy and paste the same thing every year so your carpel tunnel doesn't act up.

And every year, after the RRS, you disappear until such time as you can sneak back in here and try to down play how poorly the wHorns played.

And when it gets right down to it, all you have is that pre-WWII record. 5 out of 7 years you can't talk scoreboard, you can't talk about winning, and you can't talk even good smack.

All you can do is defend the pot-heads, and television thieves. I guess this year you can defend the gun toters.

What we all really want to know is, why were you banned from Hornfans? And do you really have to come to the board of your biggest rivals just to get some kind of recognition?

1. I am not banned from hornfans. I just don't like it.

2. I have defended some folks associated with MJ. For that I am wrong. I take issue with what Terrell Brown did, but I think the punishment should not be much. He was basically found sleeping with a gun in his lap. Stupid yes. Somewhat illegal yes. But not a big deal. Certainly not the equivalent of what Bomar was involved with. I have no defense for RT. Cedric, Ricky . . . old news.

3. I always show back up. Last year when I did (and was still very cordial) I found that some wimpy Soonerfans had negspek jihadded me secretly to deal with their own personal insecurities from losing the game (or maybe out of fear of losing). Yet, none of them admitted to their participation due to fear of being redspekkered. I now don't care about spek - but at one time enjoyed it. But I never did get any real good smack in the week of the RRS. So I'm earning my negspek this year damnit.

4. The smack talk is purely for fun. It's RRS week. And this is the only time of year I actually enjoy this type of cheesy stuff. By the way, if you guys are limited to only new smack (and not the same re-tread smack I'm seeing so much of), this should be a fairly one-sided conversation. National championship. Scoreboard. NCAA violations. Bomared.

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 02:00 PM

i'll take that one. i think we'll learn the answer to that question on saturday. head to head, stoops is kicking mack's ***, no doubt. however, mack has won more games since '98 than any other coach.
stoops' teams haven't shown near the intensity or effiiciency/chemistry since the departure of his brother and co.
mack hasn't shown that he can formulate a good gameplan for the rrs and his wins against stoops were 1) early on, and 2) y'all were down and we were way up.
this year, we both have balleyhooed defenses and questions on offense. your o-line is horrendous, and our running game is overrated and we have a frosh qb. your d has underperformed in allowing all of that yardage and our secondary has appeared very vulnerable at times. we both have great receivers. the difference might be in whose quarterback is delivering them the ball. i think the real difference though, will be that o-line of yours.
i think things look evenly matched this year, and that is why i'm calling it 17-16 horns.
today, i think you have to give the better coach nod to stoops. if we outplay you and win saturday, i think a strong case can be made for mack.

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 02:05 PM
i'll take that one. i think we'll learn the answer to that question on saturday. head to head, stoops is kicking mack's ***, no doubt. however, mack has won more games since '98 than any other coach.
stoops' teams haven't shown near the intensity or effiiciency/chemistry since the departure of his brother and co.
mack hasn't shown that he can formulate a good gameplan for the rrs and his wins against stoops were 1) early on, and 2) y'all were down and we were way up.
this year, we both have balleyhooed defenses and questions on offense. your o-line is horrendous, and our running game is overrated and we have a frosh qb. your d has underperformed in allowing all of that yardage and our secondary has appeared very vulnerable at times. we both have great receivers. the difference might be in whose quarterback is delivering them the ball. i think the real difference though, will be that o-line of yours.
i think things look evenly matched this year, and that is why i'm calling it 17-16 horns.
today, i think you have to give the better coach nod to stoops. if we outplay you and win saturday, i think a strong case can be made for mack.

'xcuse me. Do you not remember that in 2000, Texas was favored to win AND ranked higher? What about 2001, 2002, 2003? I do believe that each one of those years was supposed to be "the year that Texas' superior talent" would get Mack over the hump. And in 2004? What happened to superstar VY when he and his offense were shut out?

I know what you're saying, but I think Stoops has shown he's the better coach than Brown. He's shown it by beating supposedly superior teams each year except in 1999 and 2005.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 02:06 PM
Mack recruits better than Stoops and has managed to keep his teams at a consistently high level through a very difficult transition. Stoops is now overmanaging his offensive calls to his own detriment (overplaying AD). His defensive scheme has become predictable. His teams do not tackle or play like disciplined teams anymore, so what worked for him early on is not apparently working now.

So in the short run, Stoops does well. But long run, Mack is the more effective program builder. I'd bet on Mack being the first of the two to deliver a 2nd NC - especially given where the team is at and exactly how well we are recruiting.

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 02:09 PM
Mack recruits better than Stoops and has managed to keep his teams at a consistently high level through a very difficult transition. Stoops is now overmanaging his offensive calls to his own detriment (overplaying AD). His defensive scheme has become predictable. His teams do not tackle or play like disciplined teams anymore, so what worked for him early on is not apparently working now.

So in the short run, Stoops does well. But long run, Mack is the more effective program builder. I'd bet on Mack being the first of the two to deliver a 2nd NC - especially given where the team is at and exactly how well we are recruiting.

It's easy to recruit those type of players when you're passing out joints in the locker room.

Ash
10/3/2006, 02:16 PM
I love how whorn "smack" consists of pulling something right out of their arses, no matter how ridiculous, and stating it as a "fact" applicable to OU.

Ya know, like Bob Stoops, an ex-DC, micromanaging his team's offense or making sure the best player on your team gets his touches, in particular in the second half when he starts to dominate opposing teams, is "over-using" him.

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2006, 02:23 PM
It's easy to recruit those type of players when you're passing out joints in the locker room.

Versus... "test driving" a Lexus for a significant period of time? Or... being supplied a job at a car dealership and being paid NOT to work?

caphorns
10/3/2006, 02:25 PM
There were a few stoners that got busted. So what. The whole team is not rolling joints or passing illegal substances in the locker room. This is not a Sooners in the 80s type situation. I can understand where you would have gotten that idea though.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 02:28 PM
I love how whorn "smack" consists of pulling something right out of their arses, no matter how ridiculous, and stating it as a "fact" applicable to OU.

Ya know, like Bob Stoops, an ex-DC, micromanaging his team's offense or making sure the best player on your team gets his touches, in particular in the second half when he starts to dominate opposing teams, is "over-using" him.

Actually, I found a whole thread dedicated to the subject from soonerfans just the other day. And it was reasonably minded folks talking about the subject of overplaying the AD hand and risking injury to your one top prized commodity who prevents this team from sliding into ultimate and complete mediocrity.

KC//CRIMSON
10/3/2006, 02:29 PM

It's also funny that after thirty years of coaching, Uterus fans think Mack Brown turned into a coaching savant overnight.

Wonderlic7 is gone.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/3/2006, 02:57 PM

Versus... "test driving" a Lexus for a significant period of time? Or... being supplied a job at a car dealership and being paid NOT to work?

Hey Lid, which one would YOU rather have the cops catch you doing?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/3/2006, 03:15 PM
I was thinking about this:
Programs Oklahoma Texas
National Championships 7 4
Conference Titles 39 26
Heisman Trophies 4 2
National Award Winners 33 17
All-Americans 141 (63 Consensus) 115 (45 Consensus)
Bowl Record 24-14-1 (.628) 22-21-2 (.511)
First Season 1895 1893
Overall Record 760-290-53 (.713) 807-308-33 (.717)
Weeks No. 1 by AP 95 (No. 1) 42 (No. 8)
Weeks Top 5 by AP 342 (No. 1) 248 (No. 7)

caphorns
10/3/2006, 03:19 PM
So it appears the sportswriters have been wrong about your program more than most other programs in the country. That's kind of an ignoble record.

josh09
10/3/2006, 03:52 PM

best picture ever right there :D

Ash
10/3/2006, 03:53 PM
Actually, I found a whole thread dedicated to the subject from soonerfans just the other day. And it was reasonably minded folks talking about the subject of overplaying the AD hand and risking injury to your one top prized commodity who prevents this team from sliding into ultimate and complete mediocrity.

Once again I think you're pulling something right out of your arse.

If you're talking about using AD on kickoff returns? yes, discussions have ensued. There have also been discussions about how best to utilize ADs talent in the running game. Stoops micromanaging the offense? Fictional hilarity.

By the way, while Texans might refer to their African American players as "commodities," I find it reprehensible.

AD is no doubt the MVP of this team, but as Stoops said at the beginning of the season: this program is bigger than any one person or player.

Wonder if you'll be able to say the same thing when your first year A.V. is done?

Ash
10/3/2006, 03:53 PM
best picture ever right there :D

:D :D Agreed!:D :D

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 04:39 PM

Of course he recruits better...Texass has one of the largest Department of Criminal Justice systems!!!!!!!:D

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 04:41 PM

Well lets see... I would much rather get paid for work I didn't do rather than drugs or sleeping in a car w/a gun on my lap.:D

Got Brains? Do not think So!

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 04:42 PM
:D Unbelievable. Texas players break laws and get a one game suspension at most. (remember the Burglary good ol' Cedric committed?) But you're more concerned about a booster and a student breaking a "rule". You do know that Stoops kicked those players off the team, right?? Oh, and remember, the NCAA investigated the "Lexus" incident and found no wrong doing.

So keep trying to make an argument all you want. Stoops recruits football players. Mack recruits AND KEEPS criminals.

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 04:45 PM
:D Unbelievable. Texas players break laws and get a one game suspension at most. (remember the Burglary good ol' Cedric committed?) But you're more concerned about a booster and a student breaking a "rule". You do know that Stoops kicked those players off the team, right?? Oh, and remember, the NCAA investigated the "Lexus" incident and found no wrong doing.

So keep trying to make an argument all you want. Stoops recruits football players. Mack recruits AND KEEPS criminals.

:D :D
TOTALLY AGREE! COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER!

:hot: :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/3/2006, 04:49 PM
nope, i got the math part. you took 56 and added 3 years (39months/12months) to get 59. that left us with 3 months and 5 days. even without looking at your answer i solved that in 10 minutes.
no, the part i was curious about was the "ways of a woman". i still don't really know what that means. i think it was a trick question.

maybe you are savy in the ways of a man then

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 04:51 PM
maybe you are savy in the ways of a man then

LOL:D

caphorns
10/3/2006, 04:53 PM

I am concerned because one involves a booster to your program conspiring to cheat the system. The other is typical sh!t that happens to tons of college kids. How many of you have NEVER been pulled over by the cops, arrested or been in the presence of MJ or a gun? Give me a break.

I love how you call it a "rule". Good Lord, the whole damn NCAA is predicated on an even playing field where players are NOT paid by the programs to play football there (other than the free education, room and board they receive). Throw that out and it might as well be "Minor League Football". Yeah. Those sucky "rules".

caphorns
10/3/2006, 04:56 PM
Once again I think you're pulling something right out of your arse.

If you're talking about using AD on kickoff returns? yes, discussions have ensued. There have also been discussions about how best to utilize ADs talent in the running game. Stoops micromanaging the offense? Fictional hilarity.

By the way, while Texans might refer to their African American players as "commodities," I find it reprehensible.

AD is no doubt the MVP of this team, but as Stoops said at the beginning of the season: this program is bigger than any one person or player.

Wonder if you'll be able to say the same thing when your first year A.V. is done?

He shut down the offense last year. No way was that Chuck Long's idea to run AD out of the I every other down.

I cannot believe you are playing the race card. That is unbelievably weak. I would refer to white or black players the same way. A commodity is a commodity and it has nothing to do with the color of a player's skin. Actually I'm quite offended by your viewpoint that I was somehoiw being racist. Are you assuming that I am white? Talk about reprehensible.

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 04:59 PM
I am concerned because one involves a booster to your program conspiring to cheat the system. The other is typical sh!t that happens to tons of college kids. How many of you have NEVER been pulled over by the cops, arrested or been in the presence of MJ or a gun? Give me a break.

I love how you call it a "rule". Good Lord, the whole damn NCAA is predicated on an even playing field where players are NOT paid by the programs to play football there (other than the free education, room and board they receive). Throw that out and it might as well be "Minor League Football". Yeah. Those sucky "rules".

I am sure your boosters have done it too! I am sure it happens quite often...however had it been VY nothing would have been said. It would have been swept under the rug like everything else.

Oh you must be so proud! ;)

Ash
10/3/2006, 04:59 PM
other is typical sh!t that happens to tons of college kids. How many of you have NEVER been pulled over by the cops, arrested or been in the presence of MJ or a gun? Give me a break.

HAHAHAHA! I knew it was only a matter of time before some pathetic whorn apologist tried to explain away their gun-toting-narcotics using-burglarizing "student athletes."

Well, cappy, you go first. How many times have you been tazed by the sherriff after rolling down 35 at 3:00 am, passed out, with a loaded gat and a bag full of weed, while your friend, who was driving, was so ripped out of his skull that he couldn't keep the car in one lane? Just curious.

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 05:01 PM
HAHAHAHA! I knew it was only a matter of time before some pathetic whorn apologist tried to explain away their gun-toting-narcotics using-burglarizing "student athletes."

Well, cappy, you go first. How many times have you been tazed by the sherriff after rolling down 35 at 3:00 am, passed out, with a loaded gat and a bag full of weed, while your friend, who was driving, was so ripped out of his skull that he couldn't keep the car in one lane? Just curious.

His favorite time of day is 420! :eek:

sooneron
10/3/2006, 05:02 PM
Good gawd, Cap has stunk this thread up with shiite. Strange no mention of Ramonce on here.
And no, I am willing to bet that fewer than 5% on here have been around guns in cars and pot whilst being pulled over. It seems like texico is a cool outlaw kinda place to go to school.

Ash
10/3/2006, 05:04 PM
He shut down the offense last year. No way was that Chuck Long's idea to run AD out of the I every other down.

I cannot believe you are playing the race card. That is unbelievably weak. I would refer to white or black players the same way. A commodity is a commodity and it has nothing to do with the color of a player's skin. Actually I'm quite offended by your viewpoint that I was somehoiw being racist. Are you assuming that I am white? Talk about reprehensible.

The first statement is so funny...nevermind.

As for the second: I don't assume anything. I call it like I see it. How you deal with it is your problem. If your so sensitive about it, maybe you should be more aware of how you come across.

sooneron
10/3/2006, 05:05 PM
Ooh, I forgot about how great a job mack is doing keeping his team at a "higher" level during a transition period! That's friggin hilarious!!! I wish we could have a pass on the no. 1 team by getting schooled at home and rack up glory against rice, unt, sam friggin houston and the ever tough, isu!!

Greatness

pathetic

Ash
10/3/2006, 05:06 PM
Good gawd, Cap has stunk this thread up with shiite. Strange no mention of Ramonce on here.
And no, I am willing to bet that fewer than 5% on here have been around guns in cars and pot whilst being pulled over. It seems like texico is a cool outlaw kinda place to go to school.

It seems to be a pattern.;)

GreaterState
10/3/2006, 05:12 PM

Equating someone referring to a "player" as "African American player," and the allusions you're clearly drawing here, are pretty far out of line.

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2006, 05:14 PM

You mean, the same Ramonce who was not allowed to practice with the team this past spring, was not actively enrolled in school or on the team when he got popped? The Ramonce who was told he would not be back on the team this year? THAT Ramonce?

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 05:14 PM

I call it a "rule" because it is a "rule". Geeze, are you that dense? It's a NCAA rule, not a criminal offense. In Texas, you can commit criminal acts because Judges have free UT tickets and I'm sure District Attorneys do also. So only when the media gets a whiff of wrong doing does anything happen. Like I said, a one game suspension. :rolleyes:

And while we're discussing issues of this nature, why is it that you never address the issues facing UT. You only seem to want to make a big deal out of some minor rule violation that OU makes. Even long after the players are permanently kicked off the team.

By the way, I've never been arrested. But I used to be a cop, and I carry a gun. But I have a permit to do so, I'm not breaking any laws.

So go ahead and continue to try and divert attention from your criminals and make something out of nothing at OU. I say "nothing" because Stoops doesn't let things like this go on. He takes decisive action against those that betray the system and their trust. Unlike Mack. It just continues to show the level of intelligence that UT and it's fans have.

sooneron
10/3/2006, 05:15 PM
You mean, the same Ramonce who was not allowed to practice with the team this past spring, was not actively enrolled in school or on the team when he got popped? The Ramonce who was told he would not be back on the team this year? THAT Ramonce?
Yeah, that one. Seems to be a pattern there.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 05:24 PM
Again, incidents of personal misconduct are different from booster sponsored cheating. The first one in no way, shape or form would help us to win games on the field that we shouldn't have. Getting players to play for your team by paying them . . . brings into question the integrity of your entire program. Not saying that's what happened as I'd imagine the facts about the Bomar situation have not been fully revealed (and maybe never will be).

magic33216
10/3/2006, 05:28 PM
You mean, the same Ramonce (<you know,the guy I am using as an example to make up for our other criminals, even though he was at best mediocre) who was not allowed to practice with the team this past spring, was not actively enrolled in school or on the team when he got popped? The Ramonce who was told he would not be back on the team this year? THAT Ramonce?

FIXED...

and I love how whorn fans are saying stuff about Bomar, when he is from Texass, and last time I checked our ''commodity", Peterson has a pretty good QB in the backfield to help him out. Check your facts people, Thompson is doing pretty good.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/3/2006, 05:31 PM
When I stand before God, I hope I can say I broke the law less than I broke a "rule." :rolleyes:

sooneron
10/3/2006, 05:31 PM
Again, incidents of personal misconduct are different from booster sponsored cheating. The first one in no way, shape or form would help us to win games on the field that we shouldn't have. Getting players to play for your team by paying them . . . brings into question the integrity of your entire program. Not saying that's what happened as I'd imagine the facts about the Bomar situation have not been fully revealed (and maybe never will be).
Pathetic little attempt at innuendo there. Yeah, I'm sure that Bobby Jack Wright and Bob Stoops told the idiot, "Come to Oklahoma and we'll make sure you are over paid by at least 3 thousand dollars while you detail and charge cars!"

The idiot was later heard saying, "Where do I sign??"

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2006, 05:36 PM
So go ahead and continue to try and divert attention from your criminals and make something out of nothing at OU. I say "nothing" because Stoops doesn't let things like this go on. He takes decisive action against those that betray the system and their trust. Unlike Mack. It just continues to show the level of intelligence that UT and it's fans have.

What was the name of that former defensive lineman for you guys.. who bashed in the head of a friend of his... was kicked off the team.. and then, when the defensive line was a bit thin the next year.. was allowed back on the team after getting a "medical redshirt?"

Then.. what was the name of that former quarterback you had popped for underage drinking and was allowed to stay on the team?

Who was that former DB from a few years ago who had numerous traffic tix and an MJ charge.. and was picked up.. but allowed to stay on the team?

sooneron
10/3/2006, 05:42 PM
Then.. what was the name of that former quarterback you had popped for underage drinking and was allowed to stay on the team?

Yeah, underage drinking in college is a little different than cruising 35 with a gat on your lap while the driver bogarts a joint!

One is usually indicative of being a kid away from home, the other is usually indicative of thuggery.

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 05:44 PM
What was the name of that former defensive lineman for you guys.. who bashed in the head of a friend of his... was kicked off the team.. and then, when the defensive line was a bit thin the next year.. was allowed back on the team after getting a "medical redshirt?"

Who was that former DB from a few years ago who had numerous traffic tix and an MJ charge.. and was picked up.. but allowed to stay on the team?

Oh, you must mean that guy that PAID HIS DEBT TO SOCIETY and was kicked off the team. Then, after going thru rehab, was given a second chance. That be Dusty D.

And, he wasn't "let back on the team" to help out the defense. He did what was required of him, what would be expected of him, and was given a second chance.

Texas players never get a second chance. That's because they're never kicked off the team to begin with. Even when they commit felonies.

That was weak, Lid. Even for an attorney. Better stick to corporate law as you suck at criminal law.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 05:49 PM
Pathetic little attempt at innuendo there. Yeah, I'm sure that Bobby Jack Wright and Bob Stoops told the idiot, "Come to Oklahoma and we'll make sure you are over paid by at least 3 thousand dollars while you detail and charge cars!"

The idiot was later heard saying, "Where do I sign??"

Boosters. Not the coaches or administrators. I think the coaches had nothing to do with this.

The point is the same though. Your complaint about the Texas program deals with matters of individual responsiblity for the player. The Bomar incident is program-sponsored cheating, given that boosters are part of your program. If coaches were involved the sanction would be, and should be, off the roof.

I agree that what Bomar did was not breaking the law. He shouldn't be skewered over the coals all the time and certainly deserves more than Ramonce. I'd imagine Ramonce is headed to jail and will never play D-1 football again. Bomar deserves to play again in my opinion. What's funny is that I'd imagine most Longhorn fans would agree with that. It's the rabid sooner fans who want to take this thing 100% out on Bomar personally.

The Maestro
10/3/2006, 06:06 PM
This stuff was interesting when it was about football and not trading police blotter B.S. Both schools have bad apples, m'kay? It's called life.

Good Lord, some of you have run out of football stuff to discuss? Before too long you'll be comparing museums, bands, quality of fried chicken in each state, etc.

ClintonSooner
10/3/2006, 06:11 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardmore_Sooner

i'll take that one.

hey whats up mack? :texan: :cool:

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2006, 06:12 PM
Texas players never get a second chance. That's because they're never kicked off the team to begin with. Even when they commit felonies.

See, Kwame Cavil.
See, Aaron Humphrey
See, Ramonce Taylor

Oh.. and what convicted felon has been allowed to play on a Mack Brown coached team?

Get your facts straight.

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2006, 06:13 PM
Our Museums and fried chicken kicks your butts.

The Maestro
10/3/2006, 06:16 PM
Our Museums and fried chicken kicks your butts.

Dammit, that was funny as hell! I'm not supposed to enjoy horns this week!

ClintonSooner
10/3/2006, 06:21 PM

craphorns....no1 is gonna give you liberal points and spek for acting like a person fighting for civil rights here....cmon get real you know you guys play "race cards":cool:

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 06:26 PM
See, Kwame Cavil.
See, Aaron Humphrey
See, Ramonce Taylor

Oh.. and what convicted felon has been allowed to play on a Mack Brown coached team?

Get your facts straight.

Read the entire thing there, mr. attorney. (I'd hate to be one of your clients). They don't get convicted because all the DAs and Judges have front row season tickets. I'm talking about Cedric Benson who should have been convicted of 1st Degree Burglary. Oh, and the weapons charge that was mysteriously reduced to a misdemeanor AND then dismissed. I recognize one player's name that you put up there. And even he wasn't very good.

Dio
10/3/2006, 06:28 PM

Being kicked off the team hasn't kept you :texan: Nancy's from bringing up the Idiot.

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 06:45 PM
i'll get it back on track. we win because your o-line is atrocious.
you win because adrian peterson is a behemoth.

something's got to give.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/3/2006, 07:02 PM
We win cause Mack can't coach. Plain and simple.

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 07:27 PM
imagine what we could do if we weren't stoned

Vince in 2003: "Down!!! Se-hehe-et... Aw, f*ck it... "

FUMBLE!

:twinkies:

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 07:34 PM
it would need to be "only got 4". we'll have the 3/4, 6/7 debate another time.

So what you're saying is, YOU were bowl eligible in 1970 as well?

picasso
10/3/2006, 07:39 PM

It's funny how quickly ya'll have turned around on Bomar's play. Last year all the talk was how Bomar was getting experience and once he got his feet wet, he was going to destroy defenses with his cannon arm and rocket legs. I guess you didn't count on your boosters getting busted on the little pay-for-play scheme, so now Bomar sucks. Oh well.
I was looking forward to seeing Bomar play this year. he DID improve over the season last year and that white boy did have some wheels.
however, PT is playing far beyond my expectations right now and but for a few passes has been flawless thus far.
if you think not, you're either a football challenged dip**** or you're a delusional hater.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/3/2006, 07:45 PM
I was looking forward to seeing Bomar play this year. he DID improve over the season last year and that white boy did have some wheels.
however, PT is playing far beyond my expectations right now and but for a few passes has been flawless thus far.
if you think not, you're either a football challenged dip**** or you're a delusional hater.

I'll take the former of the two :D

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 07:46 PM
I am not banned from hornfans. I just don't like it.

I don't like horn fans much either... :D

56-39-5
10/3/2006, 08:01 PM
paul thompson has been solid, and better than i expected, but flawless? c'mon. he is not very accurate. i've seen your receivers make some excellent grabs on balls that were not well placed. the result is the same against lesser teams - a completion, but i don't think he'll get away with that this weekend. the one thing that he's got going for him is that our secondary has looked shaky at times this year.

picasso
10/3/2006, 09:51 PM
paul thompson has been solid, and better than i expected, but flawless? c'mon. he is not very accurate. i've seen your receivers make some excellent grabs on balls that were not well placed. the result is the same against lesser teams - a completion, but i don't think he'll get away with that this weekend. the one thing that he's got going for him is that our secondary has looked shaky at times this year.
dude, he hasn't forced many passes, he hasn't fumbled, he's been better on deep balls than Bomar ever was and he hasn't tried to do more than coaches have asked him. he also hasn't practiced at QB much in the last year.

yeah I'd say it's pretty damned impressive what he's done.

not accurate? he's over thrown a few across the middle but he can zip a spot pass as good as anyone.

punta.

sooneron
10/3/2006, 09:58 PM
A few things that I noticed about PT's passes that looked off the mark. QBs have lanes to throw through. Quite a few times when PT's passes have been off- the lane has collapsed or there is the chance of a safety coming over to help the cb. He had to spot it in to where only the receiver has a play on it.

Cam
10/3/2006, 10:00 PM
I'm guessing Q wasn't on roids.

Oops! Sorry, I think he just scored again!
Mark Clayton's still open.

1stTimeCaller
10/3/2006, 10:13 PM

what else did your Roy Williams have to say? Did he go out and party it up when he was on a Texas team that beat OU?

caphorns
10/4/2006, 08:57 AM
I'll return to the topic. We win because of the curtains in the tunnels.

The Maestro
10/4/2006, 10:08 AM
PT is averaging a game like this.

15/25 for 233 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT. He hasn't thrown a pick since the first half of the Washington game.

To say he's not very accurate is not very accurate. This team, with a running back like AD, can win every game with numbers like this from a QB who continues to get better, more confident and more experienced with every game.

And that doesn't even take into consideration his leadership skills and demeanor.

56-39-5
10/4/2006, 10:30 AM

15/25 for 233 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT. He hasn't thrown a pick since the first half of the Washington game.

To say he's not very accurate is not very accurate. This team, with a running back like AD, can win every game with numbers like this from a QB who continues to get better, more confident and more experienced with every game.

And that doesn't even take into consideration his leadership skills and demeanor.
i completely agree with you as far as leadership, poise, and the fact that ou could win every game this year (which, i don't think is saying too much outside of a win over texas. same if texas runs it, outside of ou). i think that is all due to one player, however. peterson makes pt better. if we go up early and force you to throw, i can see issues with thompson's accuracy. i'm really not knocking him - i think he's been more than anyone could have expected. i've watched every game and i don't think he's got a great deal of touch. statistics prove me wrong, however, and we'll see if pressure and better athletes/scheme will turn some of what i think are off target completions into interceptions.
i have a great deal of respect for what thompson is accomplishing and the kind of stand up guy he's been. he's a credit to your program.

GreaterState
10/4/2006, 11:15 AM

I don't disagree with any of this. And I have special appreciation for him stepping up in the wake of a team setback to take responsibility for the team. That said, I find it, let's say, inconsistent to talk up the bones he's made mostly against UAB, Washington and MTSU and dismiss Longhorn performances because they were against UNT, Rice and SHSU.

As always, we're going to learn a lot about both teams this weekend.

Dio
10/4/2006, 03:47 PM
I'll return to the topic. We win because of the curtains in the tunnels.

OK that was funny.

But you're still a damn dirty whorn.