PDA

View Full Version : Coach seems focused and intense

handcrafted
10/3/2006, 09:03 AM
That's how I'd describe him. He was standing in line behind me at the Robinson St. Starbucks this morning. Hard to tell with his shades on, but it looked like he was running plays in his head.

:D

OUDoc
10/3/2006, 09:05 AM
You didn't let him go ahead of you in line?

If this event hurts his strategy one bit on Saturday........:mad:

leavingthezoo
10/3/2006, 09:07 AM

c'mon. coach doesn't want anything handed to him. if he wanted ups in line, he would have stiff armed the competition and taken it. :D

fadada1
no kidding. at least buy his mocha latte for him. sheesh!!!

handcrafted

No, actually he asked me to go ahead of him, because he said I was there first, which I was.

handcrafted
10/3/2006, 09:08 AM
c'mon. coach doesn't want anything handed to him. if he wanted ups in line, he would have stiff armed the competition and taken it. :D

Werd. Ain't no way he wants to be treated like royalty, especially during OU-TX week, and especially with it being a revenge game.

OUDoc
10/3/2006, 09:15 AM
Werd. Ain't no way he wants to be treated like royalty, especially during OU-TX week, and especially with it being a revenge game.
Then you should have sucked it up and given him a cheap shot to the back of his head. He probably would have given you sideline passes for the game.

mrowl
10/3/2006, 09:21 AM
wow, this morning Tony Casillas was behind me in line at Starbucks.

ITS A SIGN!

(of what though?)

SelmaBamaFan
10/3/2006, 09:21 AM
You should have given him some doughnuts and watched him... to see if he was a dunker.

Di'Maggio is a dunker!

caphorns
10/3/2006, 09:30 AM
When does the man not look like he's busy forging diamonds with his intestines? Maybe instead of loading the tank with some more caffeine he should relax . . . chill with some former Longhorn players or something ;)

OUDoc
10/3/2006, 09:33 AM
. . . chill with some former Longhorn players or something ;)
I think they were the ones serving his coffee.

mrowl
10/3/2006, 09:33 AM
When does the man not look like he's busy forging diamonds with his intestines? Maybe instead of loading the tank with some more caffeine he should relax . . . chill with some former Longhorn players or something ;)

nah, he doesn't like motor-boating sessions with Mad Dog.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 09:35 AM
I think they were the ones serving his coffee.

While your last two quarterbacks were busy washing his car.

Fugue
10/3/2006, 09:37 AM
While your last two quarterbacks were busy washing his car.

in about 3 weeks the Titans will be begging for a straight up JW for vy exchange.

leavingthezoo
10/3/2006, 09:37 AM

but he's not gay. :confused:

handcrafted
10/3/2006, 09:39 AM
When does the man not look like he's busy forging diamonds with his intestines?

True. But it's cleaner than constantly sh**ting himself, like Mack. :texan: :mack:

CLAP! CLAP! CLAPCLAPCLAP!

:P

JohnnyMack
10/3/2006, 09:40 AM
in about 3 weeks the Titans will be wishing they had drafted Akili Smith.

Fixed.

sooner518
10/3/2006, 09:42 AM
Those Starbucks decisions are tough.

Do you know what he ordered?

caphorns
10/3/2006, 09:42 AM
in about 3 weeks the Titans will be begging for a straight up JW for vy exchange.

:rolleyes: they wouldn't trade Collins or a bag of chips for JW

handcrafted
10/3/2006, 09:44 AM
Those Starbucks decisions are tough.

Do you know what he ordered?

No-whip nonfat mocha.

The Maestro
10/3/2006, 09:46 AM
The Titans better just hope VY can read defenses better than he can...well...READ!

Fugue
10/3/2006, 09:47 AM
:rolleyes: they wouldn't trade Collins or a bag of chips for JW

when they are 0-16 they might.

sooner518
10/3/2006, 09:48 AM
No-whip nonfat mocha.
hahaha no lie, thats what I get at Starbucks most of the time. Man of good taste, not that I ever questioned it before.

handcrafted
10/3/2006, 09:51 AM

Which is a real possibility they way they are playing.

I wonder if Da Bears play Tennessee this year?

caphorns
10/3/2006, 10:06 AM

Actually that's when they'll pick up AD to go with VY. Just to think that Texas was as close as a Lexus to pulling this off.

sooner518
10/3/2006, 10:09 AM
Just to think that Texas was as close as a Lexus to pulling this off.
yawwwwnn. youre still bringing this crap up? come on, youre better than that.

well, actually, youre not

Luthor
10/3/2006, 10:51 AM
no kidding. at least buy his mocha latte for him. sheesh!!!

Mocha what? I ain't believing for a minute that Stoops drinks some sissy girl coffee. I bet he tells the kid behind the counter to scrape off a handful of grinds into a cup and sweeten it with a little buttermilk and battery acid.

fwsooner22
10/3/2006, 11:06 AM
Actually that's when they'll pick up AD to go with VY. Just to think that Texas was as close as a Lexus to pulling this off.

Cap.........you are off your game this week.......what's wrong a little nervous.........throwing that week Lexus crap out only leads to the easy retort of ..............our guy wasn't selling drugs and is not in jail line.........it's too easy....its a 3-2 change-up over the middle of the plate........c'mon give us something we can work with..........Its OU/tx for goodness sakes

jwlynn64
10/3/2006, 11:07 AM
Living in Texas I have to put up with the "All your players are from Texas" crap all the time. Do all Texans need to study remedial math.

Look, your state is much larger geographically. Your talent pool has a lot more people in it than ours does. Of course our school is going to end up recruiting a lot of players from Texas just because of proximity and numbers.

Also, what the crap are you bad mouthing JW for. I don't know of anyone else who fought through as much pain and personal injury as Jason did for his team. His record (even against Texas) speaks for itself. As well as the trophy that he has sitting on his mantel at home.

If not for his injuries, he would be on a pro team today. Injury also kept Josh Heupel from pursuing a pro career. To throw VY out against JW is plain retarted. Just watch a Chicago Bears or Baltimore Ravens game to see how OU players are doing in the pros.

Also, Oklahoma wasn't and isn't the only program that has problems. I'm sure that your school would have had similar issues is it had been any good during the same years. Remember, you have to go back to 1970 to get to your last MNC before last years.

Success brings alot of attention and hanger ons that can cause problems. Just look at USC about that now. As a matter of fact, just look at your own program to see how success brings problems. The current issue of drug use and distribution is not any different that OU had in the late 80s.

XingTheRubicon
10/3/2006, 11:10 AM

Yeah, and what did VY drive in Asstin? His mom couldn't afford teeth.

KingDavid
10/3/2006, 11:53 AM
Just to think that Texas was as close as a Lexus to pulling this off.

Yes, I guess he chose the Lexus over the preferred drug-dealing territory that the Whorns were promising. And what's more, I think the Whorns were backed up in their ability to issue hand-gun licenses to their players.

But it was mostly the drug thing. He's just not a user.

I heard the Horns had pretty thoroughly addressed the gun license thing by showing him how many Texas judges they had on the take. But again, it just doesn't mean a whole lot when, like AD, you're not anticipating a tussle with the law.

You know these recruits now-a-days - they're just going to go where they feel the most comfortable.

OKC-SLC
10/3/2006, 12:35 PM
His mom couldn't afford teef.
Fixed.

goingoneight
10/3/2006, 01:04 PM

If that's all you got, it's really a shame that UT boosters couldn't afford a USED, 1997 Lexus...

Jewstin
10/3/2006, 02:23 PM
I ran into AD the other night at my local 711. I guess he lives around here, since it was 11:30 at night. I was buying smokes, not sure what he was getting, but he looked determined ... either to beat Texas this week, or to eat the sandwhich he was buying ... not sure which ... he's not as tall as I expected! He's listed as 6'0 on the roster, but I bet he's closer to 5'10 or 5'11. Absolutely ripped, though.

He was driving an old model Mercedes, one of the cheaper lines, with no rims and no modifications whatsoever. Those things are dirt cheap nowadays, just like those old used Lexus'. I think people automatically assume that those manufacturers don't make lower end models. It's the one that kinda looks like a civic on steroids. I was going to wait up for him and tell him good luck and to have fun, but I didn't want to be one of "those fans."

KingDavid
10/3/2006, 02:40 PM
I ran into AD the other night at my local 711. I guess he lives around here, since it was 11:30 at night. I was buying smokes, not sure what he was getting, but he looked determined ... either to beat Texas this week, or to eat the sandwhich he was buying ... not sure which ... he's not as tall as I expected! He's listed as 6'0 on the roster, but I bet he's closer to 5'10 or 5'11. Absolutely ripped, though.

He was driving an old model Mercedes, one of the cheaper lines, with no rims and no modifications whatsoever. Those things are dirt cheap nowadays, just like those old used Lexus'. I think people automatically assume that those manufacturers don't make lower end models. It's the one that kinda looks like a civic on steroids. I was going to wait up for him and tell him good luck and to have fun, but I didn't want to be one of "those fans."

Whatever we might say of AD's used Benz, I take comfort knowing that we wouldn't find an unlicensed "piece" underneath his seat or a few dime-bags in his glove box.:D

caphorns
10/3/2006, 03:01 PM
I love how smack that's what 6 months fresh is somehow too old and musty to pull out but not the vintage smack from yesteryear at the RRS that you guys dusted off for this year. Frankly ya'll have been saying that the Oregon smack is no longer fresh. Unfortunately, OU hasn't done anything too bad to embarass itself in the last 2 weeks while playing MTSU and Bye. So I guess there's little to work with this go around.

The thing that is "fresh" I guess from Bob's recent stuff is that he's having to go back to teach fundamentals to your all-world defensive unit this past week. I thought your Front 7 was going to dominate this year? This is the kind of good football analysis you get from guys like Xing and the rest of the soonerfan crowd. So I can hear Bob giving it the last hurrah with the old "This is a Football" speech. Well it worked for Bart Star and the boys so you never know. Has Bob finished filling out that application for Jerry yet?

GreaterState
10/3/2006, 03:14 PM
No-whip nonfat mocha.

Know what Mack drinks at coffee shops? Coffee.

OUDoc
10/3/2006, 03:38 PM
The color of the teeth gives that away.

XingTheRubicon
10/3/2006, 03:45 PM
I love how smack that's what 6 months fresh is somehow too old and musty to pull out but not the vintage smack from yesteryear at the RRS that you guys dusted off for this year. Frankly ya'll have been saying that the Oregon smack is no longer fresh. Unfortunately, OU hasn't done anything to bad too embarass itself in the last 2 weeks while playing MTSU and Bye. So I guess there's little to work with this go around.

The thing that is "fresh" I guess from Bob's recent stuff is that he's having to go back to teach fundamentals to your all-world defensive unit this past week. I thought your Front 7 was going to dominate this year? This is the kind of good football analysis you get from guys like Xing and the rest of the soonerfan crowd. So I can hear Bob giving it the last hurrah with the old "This is a Football" speech. Well it worked for Bart Star and the boys so you never know. Has Bob finished filling out that application for Jerry yet?

Learn how to read and write before you insult anyone.

stoopified
10/3/2006, 03:50 PM
c'mon. coach doesn't want anything handed to him. if he wanted ups in line, he would have stiff armed the competition and taken it. :DYhere ya go.

handcrafted
10/3/2006, 04:05 PM

Yeah, I hear it's free with the Senior Plate Special at Denny's.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 04:18 PM
Learn how to read and write before you insult anyone.

I didn't mean to insult you personally Xing, just your opinions.

fwsooner22
10/3/2006, 04:25 PM
I love how smack that's what 6 months fresh is somehow too old and musty to pull out but not the vintage smack from yesteryear at the RRS that you guys dusted off for this year. Frankly ya'll have been saying that the Oregon smack is no longer fresh. Unfortunately, OU hasn't done anything too bad to embarass itself in the last 2 weeks while playing MTSU and Bye. So I guess there's little to work with this go around.

What does this crap mean............It's just a bunch of words thrown together with no punctuation............I feel like that AFLAC duck.......AHHHHHHHHHHHH............

Your ut english prof. must be so proud.

KingDavid
10/3/2006, 04:30 PM
Your ut english prof. must be so proud.

I think he must be tutored by HorninOKC during his weekends back in Austin.:D

caphorns
10/3/2006, 04:32 PM
Not my best writing prose but I think the message is clear . . . our smack is more recent than yours.

KingDavid
10/3/2006, 04:39 PM
Not my best writing prose but I think the message is clear . . . our smack is more recent than yours.

QB - Edge, Sooners
RB - Edge, Sooners
OL - Edge, Horns
WR - Even
Special Teams - Edge, Sooners
DL - Edge, Horns
LB - Edge, Sooners
DB - Edge, Horns
Coaching - Even (because of Chizik, not the butt-gripper)
Smack Youthfulness - Edge, Horns

Gosh, with that edge in Smack, it's no wonder the Whorns are favored by almost a full TD.;)

GreaterState
10/3/2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I hear it's free with the Senior Plate Special at Denny's.

And still better than punching hole 8 out of 10 on the "Latte Sippers Club" card.

Is it possible that Mike was the tough one?

caphorns
10/3/2006, 04:46 PM
Here's how I see it mburton

I could have done the exact same list for Iowa State with about the same edges you show. The edge in the trenches is what matters most to this particular game. And it won't be subtle, just like it wasn't subtle last year. When you have solid lines and play a team with mediocre to bad line play, you should dominate no matter what the other edges say.

Ash
10/3/2006, 04:47 PM
And still better than punching hole 8 out of 10 on the "Latte Sippers Club" card.

Is it possible that Mike was the tough one?

Dunno, but it's a known fact that Mack is a gutless turd that coaches teams to quit whenever they get punched in the mouth.

sitzpinkler
10/3/2006, 04:50 PM
Why are these idiots here on a Tuesday?

TexasSooner01
10/3/2006, 04:54 PM
Why are these idiots here on a Tuesday?

Donno! but i bet they dissappear after we win Saturday!:rolleyes:

XingTheRubicon
10/3/2006, 04:56 PM
I didn't mean to insult you personally Xing, just your opinions.

que?

-XingTheRubicon We will lose to Texas 09/26/06

As was Pickett's charge at Gettysburg, the battle will be over before it starts. It's a mathematical equation. UT is entrenched, fortified and waiting...waiting for our beloved Sooners to double time through a mile of open ground. Eerily enough, they have a cannon and a big *** drum waiting for us.

Why OU will lose.

1. We will waste possessions.

OU will get the ball about 12 times and we will waste at least 5. In an attempt to wear UT down, we will run AD from 7 yards back into the teeth of their D over and over. (UAB could stop those runs, UT will too)

Now with a shut down Defense, this SEC type game plan will usually work (see 2001 and 2004) About the time UT scores their 17th point to our 3, we'll open it up, but it will be too late.

2. UT runs a damn good counter.

If our tackling is commensurate with our first 3 outings, UT will average 6+ ypc. Their style running game is a nightmare for a hesitant D with tackling issues.

3. PT will be in a collapsing pocket.

Iowa St has a damn good OL and they were demolished. I love PT and enjoyed watching him develop, but this will be troubling to watch and it won't be his fault. He just hasn't been in this situation before. (Think LSU SB)

OU would have had a decent chance to win if it were not for Reason #1. Because of reason #1, the 2nd and 3rd points will be amplified.

In my opinion, this is an unbearable certainty, or as General Longstreet put it...........a mathematical equation.

ruf/nekdad
10/3/2006, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=jwlynn64]Living in Texas I have to put up with the "All your players are from Texas" crap all the time. Do all Texans need to study remedial math.

Look, here's the deal, those poor guys can't help where they are born, but they can get the hell out just as soon as they can.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 05:14 PM
Alright, so I've been had on that one Xing. Pretty well played.

Here's my thoughts on your post:

1. I agree that running to the teeth of our Defense would not work (unless you use an option scheme like Aggy did). Your best bet is to get outside or at least keep the threat of the outside pitch. It was the outside the tackles running that got us two years ago. We are substantially better outside the tackles now because of team speed, but probably still vulnerable to a good option attack. Our LB play inside is a questionmark though. Scott Derry has his hat in alot of plays but is not athletic enough to stop AD or even slow him down in isolation. Think Kansas LBs against VY. Bobino is good but has been known to overrun plays and miss tackles. Neither of the Griffin twins are as effective as Huff once you break to the secondary. You will get yards in the middle, just not consistenly enough to rely on it so I agree that you would waste possessions to think this is going to be your key running play.

2. We run a good counter - rarely. I'd like to see more of it. Mostly we run a delayed sweep that takes too long to set up. OU should be on that fast and kick our butts with it. Rufus can tear holes in that delayed sweep play and drop JC and SY for losses regularly if . . . he's not having to watch for the counter. Overall I do like our OLs chances with your front 7, but I'm also concerned about you guys loading the box on the run if Colt fails to beat you by throwing over the safeties.

3. Agree completely on 3.