PDA

View Full Version : $201,000 and some change...

The Maestro
10/2/2006, 04:52 PM
...is what stepping your 300 pound cleated foot onto another NFL players head will get you in the NFL. New commish Roger Goodell laid his first whoopin' down as Albert Haynesworth was suspended 5 games for his antics yesterday. His salary is just short of $650K so that's a big price to pay.

I think they should give him the option of listening to VY read Dr. Seuss books for two hours a day instead of his 5 game suspension. I wonder which one of those he would take?

guzziguy
10/2/2006, 04:54 PM
Better than I expected. He still should have left the stadium in handcuffs.

Rogue
10/2/2006, 04:55 PM
I'd say that PLUS medical expenses, restitution, community service, and a public apology would be about right.

mrowl
10/2/2006, 04:59 PM
Better than I expected. He still shoud have left the stadium in handcuffs.

that may still happen. Gurode's teammates are telling him to press charges.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/2/2006, 05:11 PM
that may still happen. Gurode's teammates are telling him to press charges.

Some of the dudes on the NFL shows were saying the same thing. Saying that's not football - that's a crime. People get arrested for less.

I know that the stuff that goes on at the bottom of the pile is dirty. But this was something else...

sooner94
10/2/2006, 05:21 PM
I think Mr Wonderlic reading would sound like Eddie Murphy's Buckwheat skit on SNL. I would like to hear that. "Radio say otay!"

That is from the early '80s for you youngsters out there.

yermom
10/2/2006, 05:23 PM
that seems light to me

he did say the right things in the post-game interview though

The Maestro
10/2/2006, 05:25 PM
And kudos to Jeff Fisher for racing down Parcells after the game to apologize and then say that Tennessee would throw the book at Haynesworth if the NFL didn't. Fisher is a great coach with very little talent around him right now. If the Titans drop him for having a lackluster team due to personnel moves the first team to scoop up Fisher is going to be quite the beneficiary.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2006, 05:25 PM
Another good Fulmer player......He needs to go hang out with Jim Bob Cooter the drinking quarterback

soonercody
10/2/2006, 05:29 PM
Jim Bob Cooter. Too bad he never played or that would have made for some classic Tennessee radio.

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 05:40 PM
that seems light to me

he did say the right things in the post-game interview though

That's because in the locker room, his agent was blowing up his cell phone, screaming at him, "YOU STUPID MerFer... THIS IS THE SPIN CONTROL WE USE ON THIS AND THIS IS WHAT YOU SAY, SO I CAN GET MY RIDICULOUSLY LARGE COMMISSION FROM YOUR NEXT CONTRACT YOU DUMBArSS PIECE OF TURD!!!"

SoonerInKCMO
10/2/2006, 05:58 PM
I know that the stuff that goes on at the bottom of the pile is dirty.

:hot:

yermom
10/2/2006, 07:28 PM
That's because in the locker room, his agent was blowing up his cell phone, screaming at him, "YOU STUPID MerFer... THIS IS THE SPIN CONTROL WE USE ON THIS AND THIS IS WHAT YOU SAY, SO I CAN GET MY RIDICULOUSLY LARGE COMMISSION FROM YOUR NEXT CONTRACT YOU DUMBArSS PIECE OF TURD!!!"

oh, i'm sure some of that happened, but he at least admitted that he did it and that it was wrong and uncalled for

he could have come out with the "F'in Souldja!" defense

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2006, 07:33 PM
from espn.com

hidden from attention because they took place in practice. As a sophomore at Tennessee, he fought with a teammate and left practice, returning with a long pole looking for tackle Will Ofenheusle before coach Phillip Fulmer stopped him. He was suspended for a quarter of a game.

2 things
1. no wonder he thinks he can do what he wants...one quarter phil..pretty harsh..
2. i take it that Will Ofenheusle was pretty ugly...

RacerX
10/2/2006, 09:04 PM
He should be gone from the league.

FOREVER.

mikeb
10/2/2006, 10:13 PM
That is BS this MF belongs behind bars. And to think he is going to pay his fine and make more money than any of us is ridiculous. F--- him he deserves nothing less than being @ss raped in prison...........................

KC//CRIMSON
10/2/2006, 10:22 PM
Should have got suspended for the rest of the season. Easily.

Fraggle145
10/3/2006, 12:10 AM
No precedence for the charges unfortunately... I mean look at what that bastard Todd Bertuzzi did in Hockey. That was friggin assault! Doubt the charges would ever work, probably against some code.

GrapevineSooner
10/3/2006, 12:29 AM
I normally believe that what happens on the field should be dealt with by the league with no criminal charges being pressed.

This one is different because he knocked Gurode's helmet off, stomped on him once, walked around, and did it, again!

That's not a heat of the moment type of recklessness. He had time to reconsider his actions and still stomped on Gurode's head anyway.

By all means, Gurode should press criminal charges against this jackass who, I have a feeling, will be released by the Titans before his suspension is lifted in November.

GrapevineSooner
10/3/2006, 12:30 AM
No precedence for the charges unfortunately... I mean look at what that bastard Todd Bertuzzi did in Hockey. That was friggin assault! Doubt the charges would ever work, probably against some code.

Marty McSorely was convicted for whacking Donald Brashear with a stick back in 2001.

yermom
10/3/2006, 01:30 AM
I normally believe that what happens on the field should be dealt with by the league with no criminal charges being pressed.

This one is different because he knocked Gurode's helmet off, stomped on him once, walked around, and did it, again!

That's not a heat of the moment type of recklessness. He had time to reconsider his actions and still stomped on Gurode's head anyway.

By all means, Gurode should press criminal charges against this jackass who, I have a feeling, will be released by the Titans before his suspension is lifted in November.

then, ironically enough, he'll be a Cowboy next season

Ike
10/3/2006, 12:36 PM
one point:

Titans coach Jeff Fisher indicated that Haynesworth would not appeal the decision; however, ESPN's Chris Mortensen spoke with NFL Players Association president Gene Upshaw who said he would challenge the penalty because of its unprecedented length.

now, maybe it's just me, but my opinion is that a players association should be all about protecting the interests of all players in the league. Its my opinion that in this case, Gurode's interests far outweigh Haynesworth's interests. Shouldn't the NFLPA be looking into providing Gurode legal counsel should he pursue charges or a civil suit instead of appealing the suspension? Seems to me to be the right thing to do.

yermom
10/3/2006, 12:38 PM
i was thinking the same thing, the Players Association should be looking out for the prone guy without a hat getting kicked in the face

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/3/2006, 12:57 PM
from espn.com

hidden from attention because they took place in practice. As a sophomore at Tennessee, he fought with a teammate and left practice, returning with a long pole looking for tackle Will Ofenheusle before coach Phillip Fulmer stopped him. He was suspended for a quarter of a game.

2 things
1. no wonder he thinks he can do what he wants...one quarter phil..pretty harsh..
2. i take it that Will Ofenheusle was pretty ugly...

maybe will ofenheusle was a good dancer...

soonerhubs
10/3/2006, 01:59 PM
Here's the Link to the Video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxMRPTsYeo)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/3/2006, 04:47 PM
maybe will ofenheusle was a good dancer...

very valid point...obviously he tried to keep his helmet on