View Full Version : Interesting OU/TU Stats

msteudem
10/2/2006, 02:39 PM
Programs Oklahoma Texas
National Championships 7 4
Conference Titles 39 26
Heisman Trophies 4 2
National Award Winners 33 17
All-Americans 141 (63 Consensus) 115 (45 Consensus)
Bowl Record 24-14-1 (.628) 22-21-2 (.511)
First Season 1895 1893
Overall Record 760-290-53 (.713) 807-308-33 (.717)
Weeks No. 1 by AP 95 (No. 1) 42 (No. 8)
Weeks Top 5 by AP 342 (No. 1) 248 (No. 7)

Provided by Soonersports.com

msteudem
10/2/2006, 02:41 PM
The post preview was aligned. I don't know why this posted unaligned.

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/2/2006, 02:45 PM
Waits for Texas fan to bring in W/L record between OU and UT

Partial Qualifier
10/2/2006, 02:45 PM
We're a bunch of damn cheaters.

;)

TheGodfather889
10/2/2006, 02:46 PM
The Horns still won't admit the facts. Oklahoma is a greater program. The numbers prove it. The Texas fans only want to talk about the 56-39 series lead they have over us. But even then they don't realize since Bud Wilkinson was hired at OU, the OU/Texas series is 27-27-3. The Texas fans know that OU has more history and pagentry than Texas, they just won't admit it. The National Media and regular college football fans know Oklahoma more than Texas because Oklahoma is a bigger name in college football than Texas.

Octavian
10/2/2006, 02:49 PM
Largest Margin of Victory in Series History:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5629/vincell4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 03:07 PM
The Horns still won't admit the facts. Oklahoma is a greater program. The numbers prove it. The Texas fans only want to talk about the 56-39 series lead they have over us.

No.. we'll also talk about having SCOREBOARD over you by the largest margin an OU team has EVER lost to Texas.

We'll also talk about our 2005 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

We just don't believe in picking some point in time that suits our purpose and saying.. well, since THIS happened.. blah blah blah.... too aggy like for our taste. If you choose to dishonor by not recognizing their accomplisments and record, the many Sooner players who sweated and toiled for your school before Wilkinson that is your business I suppose.

:D

goingoneight
10/2/2006, 03:09 PM
Ask them what those 17 season wins count for when we have that kind of a lead on them...

Also ask them why recruiting Texas kids is worse than having former Sooner leading you to your ONLY glory?

Then get a tissue for them. You'll hear something to the extent of Academic Excellence (which OU "knows nothing about." :rolleyes:), 56-39-5 (yawn http://bestsmileys.com/yawning/2.gif), Texas players at OU (Texas players everywhere :eek:), Vince Young (1-2 vs OU, 6 on the wonderlic)... blah-blah... bleh.

ktffan
10/2/2006, 03:14 PM
Texas is 804-311-33. They've won 27 conference titles and they've been in the AP top 5 232 times.

Herr Scholz
10/2/2006, 03:16 PM
UT also is the 3rd winningest program all time behind only Notre Dame and Michigan. OU is 8th or 9th on that list I believe. I like that stat. Having said that, I'd rather have 7 national titles than more wins. No question.

I have no problem saying OU's had more national success than Texas. However, 4 national titles and the 3rd winningest program ever is nothing to sneeze at.

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/2/2006, 03:19 PM
I have no problem saying OU's had more national success than Texas. However, 4 national titles and the 3rd winningest program ever is nothing to sneeze at.

Indeed

msteudem
10/2/2006, 03:20 PM
UT also is the 3rd winningest program all time behind only Notre Dame and Michigan. OU is 8th or 9th on that list I believe. I like that stat. Having said that, I'd rather have 7 national titles than more wins. No question.

It's nice that "you respect OUr authoritie" Herr :D

ktffan
10/2/2006, 03:22 PM
xx

Partial Qualifier
10/2/2006, 03:22 PM
4 national titles and the 3rd winningest program ever is nothing to sneeze at.

.........HAAAAAAACHOO!!!

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/2/2006, 03:33 PM
xxx

Terrible movie...

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2006, 03:37 PM
Largest Margin of Victory in Series History:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5629/vincell4.jpg (http://http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5629/vincell4.jpg)

And second largest...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores100/100281/100281413.htm

:D Hook 'em

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 03:45 PM
And yet, one of the main differences between this year's edition of OU and the team that took the field between 2000 and 2004... in those years, the Sooner team had a certain swagger to them... they came into the game knowing they were going to win...

Your team this year (along with its fan base) is hoping for a win.. they are hoping that Mack without Vince cannot win.. they are hoping your offensive line holds up.. they are hoping that your defense, which has been porous at stopping the run and the pass, shows up.

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/2/2006, 03:50 PM
And yet, one of the main differences between this year's edition of OU and the team that took the field between 2000 and 2004... in those years, the Sooner team had a certain swagger to them... they came into the game knowing they were going to win...

Your team this year (along with its fan base) is hoping for a win.. they are hoping that Mack without Vince cannot win.. they are hoping your offensive line holds up.. they are hoping that your defense, which has been porous at stopping the run and the pass, shows up.

Well, the only big game UT has played in so far this year they were beaten very convincingly. So without the help of VY I think we have every reason in the world to believe that :mack: can't pull of a big win again.

Until I am proven otherwise I shall stick with that assumption.

caphorns
10/2/2006, 03:53 PM
The post preview was aligned. I don't know why this posted unaligned.

It's all scewed up isn't it? The most important direct comparison is missing for some reason. Can you fix this?

XingTheRubicon
10/2/2006, 03:55 PM
You've played one Defense and you scored 7 at home....and that was after that atrocious "QB tackle" personal foul that was handed to you.

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 03:55 PM
Well, the only big game UT has played in so far this year they were beaten very convincingly. So without the help of VY I think we have every reason in the world to believe that :mack: can't pull of a big win again.

Until I am proven otherwise I shall stick with that assumption.

or.. perhaps for the same reason that we believe that Stoops has peaked as a coach at OU and can't win a big game without his brother Mike.

XingTheRubicon
10/2/2006, 03:56 PM
It's all scewed up isn't it? The most important direct comparison is missing for some reason. Can you fix this?

Oh, sorry, there is one missing.

AP Titles

OU - 7

North Mexico - 3

XingTheRubicon
10/2/2006, 03:58 PM
or.. perhaps for the same reason that we believe that Stoops has peaked as a coach at OU and can't win a big game without his brother Mike.

OU shut out the best QB in the history of your little program without Mike.

Oh, you said big game..............good point.

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2006, 03:58 PM

Here ya go, it's fixed now...

Programs Oklahoma Texas
National Championships 7 4
Conference Titles 39 26
Heisman Trophies 4 2
National Award Winners 33 17
All-Americans 141 (63 Consensus) 115 (45 Consensus)
Bowl Record 24-14-1 (.628) 22-21-2 (.511)
First Season 1895 1893
Overall Record 760-290-53 (.713) 807-308-33 (.717)
Weeks No. 1 by AP 95 (No. 1) 42 (No. 8)
Weeks Top 5 by AP 342 (No. 1) 248 (No. 7)
Sucks no YES

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 04:03 PM
OU shut out the best QB in the history of your little program without Mike.

Oh, you said big game..............good point.

Hold on there Homeslice... weren't you the one who said Vince would never start an NFL game... that you refused to recognize him as a quarterback.. in fact.. didn't you also say that if Vince ever did start an NFL game you would kiss Bevo's balls (assuming he had any)...

well.. pucker up...

http://www.bumpernuts.com/Caboose%20008.jpg

As for only counting AP titles..... MAJOR EYE ROLLING THERE!

I know... let's only count UPI and BSC titles...

Besides,,, shouldn't you be hassling conservatives and Bush lovers over on the South Oval ?

caphorns
10/2/2006, 04:04 PM
56-39-5

57 in less than a week.

sitzpinkler
10/2/2006, 04:04 PM
No.. we'll also talk about having SCOREBOARD over you by the largest margin an OU team has EVER lost to Texas.

if anything is aggie-like, this is it

we have the largest margin of victory in the series altogether, what you're doing here is really quite pathetic and sad

of course you're going to have the largest margin of victory that OU has ever lost to Texas, who else would have it? A&M????

and really, who gives a **** when it was?

dumbass

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2006, 04:05 PM
Motorcycle 2
Bevo 0

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2006, 04:06 PM

we have the largest margin of victory in the series altogether, what you're doing here is really quite pathetic and sad

Just consider the source and move on. That's really all you can do. :texan:

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 04:08 PM

Why? By merely pointing out that the OU team last year lost by a bigger margin than any Sooner team in history?

fwsooner22
10/2/2006, 04:12 PM
I know this it won't be UT - 65 OU -13...........that won't happen.... ever........

They do go into the game vastly superior to us in...........play by play guys

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2006, 04:12 PM
Why? By merely pointing out that the OU team last year lost by a bigger margin than any Sooner team in history?

Well, when you consider the fact that OU has beaten Texas by larger margins than that seven times, the answer would be yes. :texan:

sitzpinkler
10/2/2006, 04:13 PM

yeah, in case you haven't realized, we aren't fielding last year's team

therefore, it's really quite irrelevant

unless you're just trying to be aggie-like

fwsooner22
10/2/2006, 04:16 PM

NOTE TO HORNS - When you are the National Champion you are supposed to go defend your title.........Not lose at home in game 2.......Now you're falling back on your win over the worst OU team in 7 years......keep hanging your hat in the wrong place and someone is gonna step on it.........Like Saturday at 2:30 PM........

XingTheRubicon
10/2/2006, 04:16 PM

No, because it's the 3rd biggest blowout this decade.

I guess that's part of being a horn...being uncontrollably giddy over something that's pretty common for Sooner fans.

One question:

All in all, who's the better program?

OU or Texas?

One word answer please.

goingoneight
10/2/2006, 04:19 PM
56-39-5

57 in less than a week.

56-39-5... as in 56-34, OU??? :confused: I'll take 57 points though... I'm not picky... :D

XingTheRubicon
10/2/2006, 04:19 PM
One question:

OU or Texas?

One word answer please.

Que?

goingoneight
10/2/2006, 04:22 PM

Aggie-like would be bringing up a victory four years ago, so that only OUr redshirt Seniors would have remembered that while in backup duty... Just Sayin'...

XingTheRubicon
10/2/2006, 04:22 PM
http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/9655/lorirebaripleysne6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Herr Scholz
10/2/2006, 04:25 PM
NOTE TO HORNS - When you are the National Champion you are supposed to go defend your title...
How'd OU do in 2001 again? Two losses and no conference title game?

sitzpinkler
10/2/2006, 04:26 PM
Aggie-like would be bringing up a victory four years ago, so that only OUr redshirt Seniors would have remembered that while in backup duty... Just Sayin'...

I think you completely missed the point I was making

Bourbon St Sooner

All that means is that you played more games against Midland Community College than we did against Kingfisher College back in the day. Looking back at the early days, there were many years when we only played 4 or 5 games. I'm guessing you only played as many games as you could schedule back then.

TexasLidig8r
No, because it's the 3rd biggest blowout this decade.

I guess that's part of being a horn...being uncontrollably giddy over something that's pretty common for Sooner fans.

One question:

OU or Texas?

One word answer please.

Texas (based on the series record).

Better when used in a comparison standard, necessarily means the better of two teams or entities in head to head competition. As such, the series record is indicative.

If you want to get into a debate as to the merits of past Sooner programs, you will have to take that up with other Longhorn fans/alums. You have read my tripe on here long enough to know that I readily acknowledge OU's past success.

Now.. go find Tuba and stir it up with him.

mdklatt
10/2/2006, 04:28 PM
What does this thread have to do with Tulsa? :confused:

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 04:28 PM

1. You're right. This year's OU team is not as good as last year's team.

2. If you're referring to Texas aggie, the more appropriate spelling is "aggy."

3. Whose troll are you?

4. Who is that in your avatar? Mangino in his early years?

ktffan
10/2/2006, 04:30 PM
All that means is that you played more games against Midland Community College than we did against Kingfisher College back in the day. Looking back at the early days, there were many years when we only played 4 or 5 games. I'm guessing you only played as many games as you could schedule back then.

Well, no. The difference is that Texas has played more games period.

XingTheRubicon
10/2/2006, 04:36 PM
I'm full of ****.

Some Nobody school back east has a 2-1 record over UT, are they a better program? That's what I thought. You a full of ****. Period.

People don't remember John Elway because he beat the Raiders in week 3 in 1986. They remember him for winning two super bowls.

Everything about being a champion favors OU over Texico. Everything.

NC's
Conference titles
All Americans
Consensus AA's
Bowl Record
Heismans
National awards
Weeks ranked at every position from 1 to 25 in the AP and UPI poll.

Deal with it.

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 04:46 PM
Some Nobody school back east has a 2-1 record over OU, are they a better program? That's what I thought. You a full of ****. Period.

People don't remember John Elway because he beat the Raiders in week 3 in 1986. They remember him for winning two super bowls. And how did OU do in their last foray at a national championship? Has USC stopped scoring yet? Besides, shouldn't you still be complaining about Pac 10 officials, or organizing a boycott of Nike, or ignoring how your defense is currently ranked 60th overall in the nation????

Everything about being a champion favors OU over Texico. Everything.

NC's
Conference titles
All Americans
Consensus AA's
Bowl Record
Heismans
National awards
Number and severity of probations
Car dealerships
Weeks ranked at every position from 1 to 25 in the AP and UPI poll.

Deal with it.

You were wrong about Vince.. come on Big Man.. admit it.. you were flat out wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong..... Admission is good for the soul... and... you are wrong about (well.. actually, I've read a few posts you had last week regarding the upcoming game and you were pretty objective).

Haven't you missed sparring with me??? :D

fwsooner22
10/2/2006, 04:51 PM
How'd OU do in 2001 again? Two losses and no conference title game?

Beat your butts though...............and by the way you all will not finish with less than 3 losses.............We lost at Lincoln and to a sorry OSU team....won our bowl game ..............lets see how you finish.........

caphorns
10/2/2006, 04:51 PM
56-39-5... as in 56-34, OU??? :confused: I'll take 57 points though... I'm not picky... :D

You left out the 5 - you know Jessica Alba, Heffner's 3 wives and your hand. 4 parts fantasy and 1 part reality. Just like your post ;)

fwsooner22
10/2/2006, 04:54 PM
You were wrong about Vince.. come on Big Man.. admit it.. you were flat out wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong..... Admission is good for the soul... and... you are wrong about (well.. actually, I've read a few posts you had last week regarding the upcoming game and you were pretty objective).

Vince started but do you really want to talk about that performance.........he stunk...........really, really bad..........still fumbling too..........fumbling qbs in the NFL? we all know what happens to them, right?

HE STUNK.............BAD

TheGodfather889
10/2/2006, 04:54 PM

Most Texas fans were wrong too. I remember in 2003 and 2004 people in Texas were wanting Mack Brown fired and Vince Young moved to receiver.

Herr Scholz
10/2/2006, 04:59 PM
Beat your butts though...............and by the way you all will not finish with less than 3 losses.............We lost at Lincoln and to a sorry OSU team....won our bowl game ..............lets see how you finish.........
That's all well and good, but you said:

NOTE TO HORNS - When you are the National Champion you are supposed to go defend your title.........Not lose at home in game 2.......
You lost to your rival AT HOME. If that's "defending the national title", then kudos.

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2006, 05:00 PM

You lost to your rival AT HOME. If that's "defending the national title", then kudos.

It wasn't game 2 though. ;)

boomrsoonr
10/2/2006, 05:04 PM
Don't forget that amazing streak of Texas not being shut out!

Oh wait, OU messed that one up too. Sorry.

sitzpinkler
10/2/2006, 05:10 PM
1. You're right. This year's OU team is not as good as last year's team.

2. If you're referring to Texas aggie, the more appropriate spelling is "aggy."

3. Whose troll are you?

4. Who is that in your avatar? Mangino in his early years?

you're a ****ing idiot

this years OU team is light years beyond last year's team

our team last year would have got blown out in Oregon

aggy, aggie, who gives a **** really, you're way below them as far as I'm concerned

btw, I'm nobody's troll......... nevermind, I have no need to explain **** to you ****in' whorn idiots

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 05:16 PM
you're a ****ing idiot

this years OU team is light years beyond last year's team

our team last year would have got blown out in Oregon

Compare this year's defense.. to last year's defense.. statistically alone, your defense this year is ocean's apart and light year's away from your defense last year.

This year's offensive line is as inept as thought... and certainly not as good as last year's offensive line (didnt you in fact have 2 offensive linemen drafted?)

The only dramatically improved thing you have this year is a healthy Peterson and he has been a monster this year.

The stats, and facts, back me up on this one Skippy.

mdklatt
10/2/2006, 05:20 PM
Compare this year's defense.. to last year's defense.. statistically alone, your defense this year is ocean's apart and light year's away from your defense last year.

This year's offensive line is as inept as thought... and certainly not as good as last year's offensive line (didnt you in fact have 2 offensive linemen drafted?)

The only dramatically improved thing you have this year is a healthy Peterson and he has been a monster this year.

Didn't we hear this same **** in 2000? And 2001? And 2002? And 2003?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/2/2006, 05:22 PM

It's gonna suck for you guys when you lose to a team with no defense and no offensive line. Maybe we'll lose to Missouri and you can send some of your players to the Aggot game to cheer on oswho.

sitzpinkler
10/2/2006, 05:26 PM

It's really hard to believe you're this stupid.

You can take your stats and shove 'em. I'll stick with common sense, something you obviously lack, and simple observation.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/2/2006, 05:27 PM

2001. Huepel is gone. We're gonna kick your ***

2002 Superman is gone. We're gonna kick your ***.

2003 Harris is gone and you have a QB with two bad knees.

2004 Mike left. VY is gonna run all over you guys.

2005 Our QB won the Rose Bowl and yours can't even handle the snap. OK 1 out of 5 isn't bad.

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 05:29 PM
It's really hard to believe you're this stupid.

You can take your stats and shove 'em. I'll stick with common sense, something you obviously lack, and simple observation.

So.. you don't want to discuss facts.
You don't want to discuss statistics.

You simply wish to denigrade this into personal attacks....

wow....

fwsooner22
10/2/2006, 05:29 PM

OK.............Again.........you lost in your second game at home in the first season as National Champion in 30 something years......You are supposed to try and enjoy it a little longer than that..........quit going to soonerstats so you can say nannynannybooboo to everyone.........you lost in week two that is all I am saying.........You are going to lose again real soon.........

Did I touch a nerve or what. :D

sitzpinkler
10/2/2006, 05:32 PM

wow....

so the games are won on stats?

NEWS TO ME

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 05:35 PM
so the games are won on stats?

NEWS TO ME

So the games are won on common sense and simple observation?

News to me.

It's a shame there isn't a way to objectively critique teams... like.. oh.. scores.. and yards gained, yards allowed.. that sort of thing!

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2006, 05:39 PM
It's a shame there isn't a way to objectively critique teams... like.. oh.. scores.. and yards gained, yards allowed.. that sort of thing!

OU 59
MTSU 0

UT 56
UNT 7

MTSU 35
UNT 0

I'm not sure what this actually means, but you can objectively critique it if you want. :)

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2006, 05:42 PM
OU 59
MTSU 0

UT 56
UNT 7

MTSU 35
UNT 0

I'm not sure what this actually means, but you can objectively critique it if you want. :)

That means you win the game something like a Bajillion Quadmillion to Zero.

caphorns
10/2/2006, 05:46 PM
So we were supposed to kick *** with a new QB against the No. 1 team in the country in the second week of the season? Weird point there. I'm not disappointed with this year's team. Sorry, but they hung in there with OSU and I thought Colt managed the game OK. Obviously, the team has to get better and I expect them to be better as the year progresses. The idea that this team was a National Championship team with a Redshirt Fresh at QB was absurd to begin with. But we didn't lose games we shouldn't have lost. That's what happened last year to OU with your green QB in charge.

Unlike Texas, OU will face its toughest competition to date on Saturday.

The Maestro
10/2/2006, 05:50 PM

Well, I agree to disagree that Oregon and a group of idiots in striped shirts and wheel chairs in the replay booth in Eugene is tougher competition than Texas in Dallas. And if both games were on neutral fields I'd still say Oregon is tougher.

sitzpinkler
10/2/2006, 06:12 PM
So the games are won on common sense and simple observation?

News to me.

you're a complete waste of time

I'm through wasting mine

birddog
10/2/2006, 06:15 PM

We'll also talk about our 2005 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

We just don't believe in picking some point in time that suits our purpose and saying.. well, since THIS happened.. blah blah blah.... too aggy like for our taste. If you choose to dishonor by not recognizing their accomplisments and record, the many Sooner players who sweated and toiled for your school before Wilkinson that is your business I suppose.

:D
well, didn't you just pick a certain point in time?
2005 was SOOO last year.

TheGodfather889
10/2/2006, 06:19 PM
I think the offensive line is better this year than last year. I know the line last year had Davin Joseph but the unit this year is playing better. Adrian was getting hurt and having a tough time getting 100 yards on last year's offensive line. Even though it does help that Paul Thompson is playing better now than Rhett Bomar was and the receivers have come along and developed well.

SoonerAtKU
10/2/2006, 08:34 PM

wow....

Here's a personal attack:

Denigrade isn't a word, counselor. ;)

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2006, 08:39 PM
That means you win the game something like a Bajillion Quadmillion to Zero.

I'm cool with that.

SoonerAtKU
10/2/2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah, that'd be a record, for sure.

Ash
10/2/2006, 09:03 PM

Yes.

:rolleyes:

Ash
10/2/2006, 09:07 PM

We'll see about that. IMHO, you've got stout O and D lines, but you're secondary was overhyped and you're QB is just this side of unremarkable. You've got good skill players on O but they were easily silenced against your best opposition to date.

You might be right, but, if that's the case, when we finish stomping you guys into the ground I don't want to hear any excuses.

WestAustinSooner
10/2/2006, 09:10 PM
Lidig8r:

A one additonal stat: Prior to last year, OU owned the top 10 largest margins of victory in the all-time series between the two teams. Now Texas a squeaked into the top 10 at least.

One additional correction:
No one EVER knows who is going to win the OU-Texas game. I've been wrong in just about every prediction I've ever made. 2000? Had no idea. 2004 had no idea. 1996? Had no idea. One exception: last year. With two defections and an injury on he O-line, Petersen hurt and a freshman QB - I KNEW we'd lose. But its generally anyone's game year in and year out. Our players I think, have been mentally tougher and in superior condition than the Texas players in the Stoops era, hence his 5-2 record over Mack.

What do I think about Saturday? I have no idea. I'd give Texas a slight advantage for a superior DL and OL. Who ever is more ready to play will win. OU has a great chance to win, and will be motivated by Paul Thompson and Adrian Petersen, who could take the lead in the Heisman race with a good game.

fwsooner22
10/2/2006, 09:50 PM
So we were supposed to kick *** with a new QB against the No. 1 team in the country in the second week of the season? Weird point there. I'm not disappointed with this year's team. Sorry, but they hung in there with OSU and I thought Colt managed the game OK. Obviously, the team has to get better and I expect them to be better as the year progresses. The idea that this team was a National Championship team with a Redshirt Fresh at QB was absurd to begin with. But we didn't lose games we shouldn't have lost. That's what happened last year to OU with your green QB in charge.

Cap......I have read enough of your stuff.......you're a smart guy......you all have played one game and lost..........that has to make you a bit nervous going into this game.............We have been there....it takes some of the fun away............The fear goes away after the 6 th paper cup beer.......

See ya there............

:D :twinkies:

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2006, 08:38 AM
Here's a personal attack:

Denigrade isn't a word, counselor. ;)

Bastadge spell checker!!! ;)

I knew I should have used the "t" instead of "d."

OUmillenium
10/3/2006, 08:56 AM

Great post...for a whorn! :texan:

Luthor
10/3/2006, 09:02 AM
The Horns still won't admit the facts. Oklahoma is a greater program. The numbers prove it. The Texas fans only want to talk about the 56-39 series lead they have over us. But even then they don't realize since Bud Wilkinson was hired at OU, the OU/Texas series is 27-27-3. The Texas fans know that OU has more history and pagentry than Texas, they just won't admit it. The National Media and regular college football fans know Oklahoma more than Texas because Oklahoma is a bigger name in college football than Texas.

Actually what we want to talk about is the most recent century, as in the one we live in now. You guys have amassed a pretty impressive representation what with 3 MNC appearances. Cudos for that. We have amassed the greatest number of wins under Brown. History and pageantry are nice to have provided they translate into wins. I believe we have that one covered, but thanks anyway.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 09:07 AM
I cannot even begin to imagine how horribly OU would have lost had it played OSU at any point so far this year. Do you think your secondary is up to the challenege of Ginn and Co? No chance. OU would have been whipped soundly by a balanced attack like OSU.

Oregon is a team from the cupcake conference. They don't play defense. Their overall team talent level is somewhere on the order of a Texas A&M. They are well coached, but this is a team that truly good teams should beat convincingly - on the road, with the bad refs and every other disability/excuse imaginable.

mdklatt
10/3/2006, 10:10 AM
Bastadge spell checker!!! ;)

I knew I should have used the "t" instead of "d."

You still would have been using the wrong word. :texan:

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 10:35 AM

I haven't had the time to read the entire thread, so I hope this wasn't brought up already. If it was, please disregard.

And you know our players are "hoping" for a win...how??? What personal insight of yours about our team leads you to believe they are fearing this game?

They are easily just as confident as Texas. If anything, Texas kids are now wondering how much VY's presence and AD's absence had to do with your first win in six tries.

As a matter of fact, a big part your team is comprised of players that are 1-3 (counting their redshirt years) against OU. It's waaaay harder to erase those three years than it is to rely on your one year that has an asterik beside it that says "Won by Vince Young".

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2006, 10:39 AM
And you know our players are "hoping" for a win...how??? What personal insight of yours about our team leads you to believe they are fearing this game?

They are easily just as confident as Texas. If anything, Texas kids are now wondering how much VY's presence and AD's absence had to do with your first win in six tries.

Did I say they were "fearing this game?" oh hell no.. any player who "fears" the spotlight shouldn't be playing collegiate football on this level.

Now.. what personal insight do you have about your team that leads you to believe that they are just as confident as Texas? If anything, Oklahoma kids are now wondering why their defense can't step to the plate against major competition this year and whether Peterson can still continue to win games seemingly single handedly? ;)

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 10:39 AM
...but this is a team that truly good teams should beat convincingly - on the road, with the bad refs and every other disability/excuse imaginable.

Not that your team would know anything about playing a good team on the road this year. At Rice? Are you kidding me? That's your "road" game?

The RRS is hardly the place for a RS Freshman to have his first REAL road game.

soonervegas
10/3/2006, 10:42 AM
I am ok with texas fans thinking they will win this game (as they should being a favorite), but to call last year's OU team BETTER than this year's OU team is borderline insanity....and I can only hope the texas team feels that way come Saturday. If they do, they will get their asses handed to them. Let's take a look:

QB - huge, huge upgrade over this time last year.
RB - huge, huge upgrade over this time last year.
WR - huge upgrade over last year.
OL- downgrade over last year.
Total - Offense significantly better.

Dline - Downgrade
LB - Downgrade
DB - Downgrade
Defense- Worse to far.

Special Teams - huge, huge upgrade over this time last year.

2 of our 3 teams have upgraded greatly since last year. This OU team (going into texas) would have beaten last year's OU team (going into texas) by 14-21 points. If you do not know that FOR A FACT you haven't been watching OU closely this year.

If our D shows up call it a coin toss, if not you win.

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 10:42 AM
Now.. what personal insight do you have about your team that leads you to believe that they are just as confident as Texas?

I'm using the same craptastic speculative powers you are. ;)

caphorns
10/3/2006, 10:45 AM
Not that your team would know anything about playing a good team on the road this year. At Rice? Are you kidding me? That's your "road" game?

The RRS is hardly the place for a RS Freshman to have his first REAL road game.

No. Colt has not experienced losing on the road while watching your defense entirely cave in to a mediocre Pac 10 team. So I guess OU has that advantage :rolleyes:

caphorns
10/3/2006, 10:48 AM
vegas - OU has downgraded in the trenches while Texas has upgraded. That's why OU should lose badly. We have relatively comparable showcase talent (I have to count the 3 headed monster of JC/SY and HM as roughly the equal of AD). I do not think AD can continue to be a one-man production unit without better support.

QB is not a huge upgrade. You have a QB that is less accurate and particularly in the short passing game.

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 10:50 AM
No. Colt has not experienced a road game. So I guess OU has that advantage :rolleyes:

That's all I'm saying.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 10:55 AM
That's all I'm saying.

All Colt has to do is be accurate with the throws. I am confident that he can even if there is crowd noise. It's not exactly Rocket science to beat the OU blitzing schemes. Everyone does it lately. It's what's for breakfast.

The Maestro
10/3/2006, 10:56 AM
vegas - OU has downgraded in the trenches while Texas has upgraded. That's why OU should lose badly. We have relatively comparable showcase talent (I have to count the 3 headed monster of JC/SY and HM as roughly the equal of AD). I do not think AD can continue to be a one-man production unit without better support.

QB is not a huge upgrade. You have a QB that is less accurate and particularly in the short passing game.

Have you watched an OU game this year? AD is not a one man show. Our offense is very balanced and that is due to PT being much better than anyone could have anticipated. He just comes under a microscope when he throws a "GOD FORBID" incompletion!!! I think Heupel and White threw those, too! AD is fine as our only runner. He'll get 30 carries Saturday...and about 10 at least in the 4th quarter...when your boys are getting tired and AD is hitting his stride.

As for PT being less accurate--over 60 percent completion percentage works fine for me.

OU should lose badly...again I ask--Who the HELL have you beaten this year? What makes you think so highly of the horns? Was it the ISU or UNT game?

XingTheRubicon
10/3/2006, 10:57 AM
I cannot even begin to imagine how horribly OU would have lost had it played OSU at any point so far this year. Do you think your secondary is up to the challenege of Ginn and Co? No chance. OU would have been whipped soundly by a balanced attack like OSU.

Oregon is a team from the cupcake conference. They don't play defense. Their overall team talent level is somewhere on the order of a Texas A&M. They are well coached, but this is a team that truly good teams should beat convincingly - on the road, with the bad refs and every other disability/excuse imaginable.

I know this is smack week but try not to be an out and out moron.

Oregon just wasted AZ state on the road and had almost 400 yards of total offense in the first half. They have a pretty good Offense.

One team between OU and texas has had their *** kicked so far this year.

Post less if you're confused or slow.

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 11:00 AM
By the end of the year, I honestly believe we'll see:

1. Oregon, Washington (and yes, even UAB) will be hands down better than any OOC team you played not named tOSU.

2. tOSU will be rated between 5-10 after two losses to Michigan, and any team that can run well and pass a little.

3. At the end of the year, OU's defense will be ranked only marginally behind Texas' defense, and the strength of schedule will be the difference.

soonervegas
10/3/2006, 11:10 AM

Caphorn - This is so off it is not even funny. This another one of those "what Bomar coulds have been" statments. Bomar was HORRIBLE going into the Texas game. PT is 2 times the QB that Bomar was at this point last year. Factor in his leadership ability and you can go ahead and call him 3 times the QB (compared to Bomar at THIS POINT last year)

If OU keeps this game close through halftime. OU will win. Texas needs to (and could) jump on OU early. I am not making an agrument that Texas can't beat OU handily (If our D plays another C-D game that could very well happen). I am attacking the argument that the team last year "was better".

The Consumate Showman
10/3/2006, 12:41 PM
In skimming through some of these pages of crap, I fail to notice whether ANYONE has come to the relization that Adrian Peterson only ran 4 times in last year's game...

Tejas fans, this will be a good game, but you fail to realize that you lack the on thing that Oklahoma has as a strength...a PLAYMAKER.

If it comes down to someone making a big play at the end of the game, we have that player in AD...yours is trying to throw the ball to 4 Dallas Cowboys. And no, AD does not have just a GREAT OL to run with, but he has already proven that if you give him an inch, he'll give you a yard...or 80...

And don't try to give me Charles or McCoy, they are unproven commodoties and the former is VERY injury prone thus far in his career.

If Mack could have kept Romance under control and on the team, then I would be much more worried as a sooner fan...he was an X-factor kind of player.

But I think that UT fans will see that that lack of a big time playmaker/difference maker on the field will hurt them.

Now, am I guaranteeing a win...No. Anything can happen in a game and anyone can win on any given Saturday. What I'm saying is that I like our chances this year much better than last year's.

Here's to a good game. BOOMER SOONER!!!

Dances with Possums
10/3/2006, 12:44 PM
Here is an interesting stat:

Since Stoops has been the coach at OU, the higher ranked team has won this game all eight times.

The Consumate Showman
10/3/2006, 12:47 PM
All Colt has to do is be accurate with the throws. I am confident that he can even if there is crowd noise. It's not exactly Rocket science to beat the OU blitzing schemes. Everyone does it lately. It's what's for breakfast.

Cap,

A little off base question for you UT fans (And NO, I am not trying to talk smack to you so please don't think it that way, ask Herr). Don't you feel in the least bit worried about the "look" of your QB? I mean, in looking at him, he looks like some of the sophomores I teach in high school! Everytime I see him on TV I think, "My Gawd! Is this K I D really the starting QB for UT?!" He is rather reminiscent of another former UT QB that I once thought the same thing of...Sims??? Oh, and try and settle down a little bit man. You are letting your emotions get to you. This is a sooner board...this diction and canversations come with the territory.

The Consumate Showman
10/3/2006, 12:48 PM

Since Stoops has been the coach at OU, the higher ranked team has won this game all eight times.

Are you sure??? Seems a little...off.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 12:55 PM
Oregon is not working with superior talent. They had a good game against a typical Pac 10 cupcake. A-State is overrated.

Talk all you want about it Xing but you know that OU has about 2x the talent to work with than Oregon. Road game, refs, etc. - doesn't change the fact that you lost to a medium level team with less talent to work with.

OSU is an elite opponent with equivalent, probably better talent at its disposal. Their QB and WRs are the best in the country. When you play a team of this sort, then you can make your pansy remarks about how you are clearly better. The fact is that OU hasn't played anyone to this level yet. Texas will be your toughest out.

As for your upgrade at QB, I'm not saying PT is terrible. He's not. Just pointing out the fact that your QB is not as accurate with his throws as Bomar. I don't care about one statistic where he doesn't look bad, I'm seeing a QB that's mediocre at best. At least with Bomar, you had potential. Don't tell me that you guys were chosing the wrong QB on purpose?

I agree that we haven't seen Peterson at 100% in 2 years. He's the tough one to deal with. Of course, we've never seen Peterson with a crappy OL and a passing game unable to get on track due to getting whipped in the trenches. Wait. We did see that. When Palestine got bounced from the playoffs despite having a healthy Peterson ALL DAY. Should be fun to watch.

And you guys weren't worried about Ramonce until he got kicked off the team. Before that, he was a poor man's Reggie Bush. If you haven't been watching, let me give you a primer on Texas playmakers - all of whom are equal to or better than RT as football players: 1. Limas Sweed, 2. Jamaal Charles, 3. Quan Cosby, 4. Selvin Young, 5. Aaron Ross (punt and kick returns).

Bourbon St Sooner
10/3/2006, 01:02 PM

What were the rankings in 2000 again? And what was the line?

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 01:04 PM
I love how everyone we play sux and everyone you play is the undisputed king of football.

I got news for you...almost everyone in the country sees Oregon as a top ten team...except the Longhorns. They're a darn good team, and I'd like to hear what you have to say about them when they whip you in the Holiday Bowl.

The Consumate Showman
10/3/2006, 01:05 PM
I agree that we haven't seen Peterson at 100% in 2 years. He's the tough one to deal with. Of course, we've never seen Peterson with a crappy OL and a passing game unable to get on track due to getting whipped in the trenches. Wait. We did see that. When Palestine got bounced from the playoffs despite having a healthy Peterson ALL DAY. Should be fun to watch.

And you guys weren't worried about Ramonce until he got kicked off the team. Before that, he was a poor man's Reggie Bush. If you haven't been watching, let me give you a primer on Texas playmakers - all of whom are equal to or better than RT as football players: 1. Limas Sweed, 2. Jamaal Charles, 3. Quan Cosby, 4. Selvin Young, 5. Aaron Ross (punt and kick returns).

1 & 3 are totally dependent on McCoy. Much like Roy Williams was dependent on Sims.

2 & 4 are highly injury prone and UT knows it.

5 don't know much about him, maybe he can compare to RT.

But don't put off the talents of RT. He did do some damage in the Rose Bowl...remember?

Octavian
10/3/2006, 01:06 PM
...let me give you a primer on Texas playmakers - all of whom are equal to or better than RT as football players: 1. Limas Sweed, 2. Jamaal Charles, 3. Quan Cosby, 4. Selvin Young, 5. Aaron Ross (punt and kick returns).

ummm..... (http://www.utexasclan.com/images/wow.gif)

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 01:11 PM
Oregon is not working with superior talent. They had a good game against a typical Pac 10 cupcake. A-State is overrated.

Talk all you want about it Xing but you know that OU has about 2x the talent to work with than Oregon. Road game, refs, etc. - doesn't change the fact that you lost to a medium level team with less talent to work with.

Wrong. Oregon is a pretty good football team. Not as good as tOSU, but top ten good.

OSU is an elite opponent with equivalent, probably better talent at its disposal. Their QB and WRs are the best in the country. When you play a team of this sort, then you can make your pansy remarks about how you are clearly better. The fact is that OU hasn't played anyone to this level yet. Texas will be your toughest out.

And you got your *** handed to you by that team. Us losing to an inferior team like Oregon (compared to tOSU) doesn't make your team any better than the *** raping it took this year. Seven points. Great job.

As for your upgrade at QB, I'm not saying PT is terrible. He's not. Just pointing out the fact that your QB is not as accurate with his throws as Bomar. I don't care about one statistic where he doesn't look bad, I'm seeing a QB that's mediocre at best. At least with Bomar, you had potential. Don't tell me that you guys were chosing the wrong QB on purpose?

We'll disagree, most people who follow OU football think PT is playing better than Bomar (and the numbers would indicate so).

High School smack???? Seriously??? You're reverting to a HS football game??? Seriously????

Wrong again, chicken lips. I've been a huge RT fan since HS days. Limas, and maybe Ross are his equal. He can do everything SY and JC can do and more.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 01:27 PM
1 & 3 are totally dependent on McCoy. Much like Roy Williams was dependent on Sims.

2 & 4 are highly injury prone and UT knows it.

5 don't know much about him, maybe he can compare to RT.

But don't put off the talents of RT. He did do some damage in the Rose Bowl...remember?

And if RT were here you'd say he was totally dependent on the talents of Vince Young.

Sweed was great under Vince, but has worked hard to improve his game. He's mostly making athletic plays on his own. Including the underthrown ball from Colt last week that Sweed grabbed from two defenders and circled around for the score. He's our best playmaker right now and only needs Colt to throw in his area.

Cosby took it to the house last week on a punt return and missed the end zone by about a foot on a screen pass that he broke off for about 40 yards. He also has thrown a 40 yard pass completion to Sweed on a trick play. He's very dynamic as a runner after the catch.

JC has never been seriously hurt (only a couple of minor bumps along the way) and nothing on the order of the injuries to AD

SY had serious injuries right after his freshman season but has been mostly healthy since.

Ross was a stretch admittedly.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 01:41 PM
1. Wrong. Oregon is a pretty good football team. Not as good as tOSU, but top ten good.

2. And you got your *** handed to you by [OSU]. Us losing to an inferior team like Oregon (compared to tOSU) doesn't make your team any better than the *** raping it took this year. Seven points. Great job.

3. We'll disagree, most people who follow OU football think PT is playing better than Bomar (and the numbers would indicate so).

4. High School smack???? Seriously??? You're reverting to a HS football game??? Seriously????

5. Wrong again, chicken lips. I've been a huge RT fan since HS days. Limas, and maybe Ross are his equal. He can do everything SY and JC can do and more.

I can't stand the tiered response, but I've numberd them for you:

1. Oregon is not even top 10 right now. They were a 7 point winner playing Fresno State. What makes you think they'll be Top 10 after Cal beats them soundly this weekend?

2. The OSU game was fairly close until the last quarter. We actually had them a couple of times. Even then they never poured it on like we did in the second half of last years RRS. It was no more of an *** raping than your loss to LSU in the 2003 2nd place glass football game.

3. OU fans should admittedly know more about their own football team than I do. I am surprised that you guys are sucked in so much on PT. My comment was about his arm and his tendency to miss on short passes. Maybe Bomar did the same, but my fear going into this year was that Bomar would be improved. I just don't think the improvement is as stark as you guys think and that a good push by a top flight front 4 should show what PT really is -- about the same, maybe worse than Bomar under pressure.

4. My point about Peterson should be noted. He doesn't scamper for 200 yards against us with crappy blocking, just like he couldn't be the one-man show for Palestine. I'm not smacking Palestine. It's just how it went down.

5. It's beyond ignorant to think that RT could run between the tackles like JC or do anything as good as JC really. The same really holds true for Selvin. RT was fast when given field to work with. That's it. We used him sparingly last year. We have plenty of fast open field runners - and Cosby does more at the slot than RT did. I'm not saying RT lacked talent but we hardly relied on it. He had 2 catches against you guys last year. I forgot to mention Billy Pittman who had a 100 yard receiving day in last year's RRS. He's back.

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 01:42 PM

That's false. In 2000, Texas was ranked #10 and OU was ranked #12. That changed during the second quarter.

Octavian
10/3/2006, 01:46 PM
2. The OSU game was fairly close until the last quarter. We actually had them a couple of times. Even then they never poured it on like we did in the second half of last years RRS. It was no more of an *** raping than your loss to LSU in the 2003 national championship game.

I missed all 8 of your chances to beat tOSU late in the 4th quarter.

weird.

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 01:48 PM
2. The OSU game was fairly close until the last quarter. We actually had them a couple of times. Even then they never poured it on like we did in the second half of last years RRS.

You "poured it on" in the second half and STILL couldn't score 60 points.... like we did......... twice.

But I give you props for being able to "pour it on in the second half" of certain games last year. Otherwise the lOSUrs would have embarrassed the #1 team in the country.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 01:56 PM
"I whipped your *** by a greater margin long ago" is a pretty weak comeback. You got spanked by Texas last year. Your lines were dominated and now they are worse. Yet, we're supposed to fear you because you almost beat an overrated Pac 10 team and we lost in a fairly good game to the unquestioned No. 1 team in the country with a Redshirt Freshman making his second career start? Wow. I'm getting less scairt the more I talk to you guys. Thanks.

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 02:00 PM
"I whipped your *** by a greater margin long ago" is a pretty weak comeback. You got spanked by Texas last year. Your lines were dominated and now they are worse. Yet, we're supposed to fear you because you almost beat an overrated Pac 10 team and we lost in a fairly good game to the unquestioned No. 1 team in the country with a Redshirt Freshman making his second career start? Wow. I'm getting less scairt the more I talk to you guys. Thanks.

Oh, it's okay for the wHorns to lose to the #1 team of the country this year, but when OU gets beat by the #1 team in the country last year, and with a Redshirt Freshman making his 2nd or 3rd start, well, that's somehow different and smack worthy.

Think maybe playing in Austin might have had something to do with them NOT handing you your asses?

Stoop Dawg
10/3/2006, 02:40 PM

Pretty much every sportswriter, coach, and computer ranking in the country disagrees with you. Just so you know.

Is OSU better than UO? Probably.

Does that matter this Saturday? No.

You see, UT lost big-time at home to OSU. OU "lost" by a point on the road to UO. Comparing the losses is pretty much meaningless.

Now, comparing OSU and OU might be interesting. Let's see, OSU is probably a significantly better team than OU. However, the game is in Dallas not Austin. And UT lost to OSU by a fair margin. Hard to feel too confident using an OU/OSU comparison if you're a UT fan. It certainly wouldn't make one believe you're going to get your *** kicked, but it also isn't a slam dunk comparison.

What about a UT/UO comparison? Well, they're both ranked pretty close and OU pretty much beat UO in their own house. Given that we play UT at a neutral site, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about this game.

Is it possible that OU's defense will suck eggs and allow UT to score enough to win? Sure. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Speaking of betting, it looks like Texas is about a 4-5 point favorite. Might need to get me some of that!

caphorns
10/3/2006, 03:13 PM
Oh, it's okay for the wHorns to lose to the #1 team of the country this year, but when OU gets beat by the #1 team in the country last year, and with a Redshirt Freshman making his 2nd or 3rd start, well, that's somehow different and smack worthy.

Think maybe playing in Austin might have had something to do with them NOT handing you your asses?

Better than having your *** beaten by freaking TCU in your first start AT HOME and being pulled for another QB for the rest of the year based on your suckage.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 03:16 PM
A 17 point loss in a game mostly played within 1 score is not a big-time loss. It was a big loss for this team in its expectations. I think OSU beats us 8 out of 10 tries this year (so it's definitive). But OSU beats the snot out of UO as an opponent.

And despite being undefeated and having two quality wins UO sits at No. 11 (4 spots below Texas despite the loss to OSU) while tOSU is at No. 1. That's a sizable gap in the experts minds. I feel good about what the media and experts are saying. I feel good about the nearly 6 point margin Vegas is giving Texas. Alot better than you homers' version of the status of things.

The Consumate Showman
10/3/2006, 03:27 PM
1.)And if RT were here you'd say he was totally dependent on the talents of Vince Young.

2.)JC has never been seriously hurt (only a couple of minor bumps along the way) and nothing on the order of the injuries to AD

3.)SY had serious injuries right after his freshman season but has been mostly healthy since.

4.)Ross was a stretch admittedly.

1. No. RT could play a number of positions much like our Reggie Smith can. WR, DB, RB, KO, PR, etc...

2. I'll give you that one, but as he said, has he made UT fans forget about AD? We'll see Saturday.

3. Healthy, but ineffective in the big games.

4. Thanks for the clarification.

The Consumate Showman
10/3/2006, 03:31 PM
Cap,

You have been flying under the radar today. I'm surprised you haven't got the ban whipping yet by our admins...

Oh, and you never answered my question about your perception of Colt McCoy.

Ash
10/3/2006, 03:36 PM
I feel good about what the media and experts are saying.

Why not? After all, throughout the Stoops era, with the exception of one or two cases, you've been favored and picked to win by experts such as Mark May. And we've all seen how that's worked out.:rolleyes:

caphorns
10/3/2006, 03:45 PM
Consumate - I'm taking some liberties the week of the RRS since I basically suffer the consequences anyway if we win. I know it's part of the rivalry. This rivalry is better because of the hate. Admit it. It wouldn't be the same without the ugliness.

I have yet to get a full read on Colt. I don't really care what he looks like. But, I'd like to see what he does under pressure. He really hasn't faced much this year and may not with this OL and SY back there to protect him. I didn't like the way he celebrated the TD against OSU in the first half and had a sinking feeling right at that moment. I thought he celebrated like he'd never scored a TD before. He was not focused after that for quite some time in that game. My gut tells me that we'll need Jevan to lead this team next year when we don't have some of those luxuries in place.

KC//CRIMSON
10/3/2006, 03:50 PM

We lost to Nebbish first. On their field. JW goes down with torn ACL. Then OU loses to Aggie. Uterus back's their way into Big12 Championship. Get's embarrassed by Colorado.

Octavian
10/3/2006, 03:51 PM
but McCoy didn't get any favors from GD against tOSU either...

pretty familiar trend for Davis to clam up...it took him over a year and a half to let Vince just be Vince and he seems to be right back in his pre-'04 RRS mindset again.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/3/2006, 03:58 PM
So texass has accomplished what this year? You're major accomplishment is that you got your *** kicked at home and you say 'Well it wasn't as bad as the score indicated.' Whatever. You guys never really threatened in the 2nd half of that game.

And you're denigrating Oregon, an undefeated team that won a TRUE road game against a servicable opponent at night and beat, however dubiously, a ranked opponent at home.

Pretty damn weak if you ask me.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 04:28 PM
So texass has accomplished what this year? You're major accomplishment is that you got your *** kicked at home and you say 'Well it wasn't as bad as the score indicated.' Whatever. You guys never really threatened in the 2nd half of that game.

And you're denigrating Oregon, an undefeated team that won a TRUE road game against a servicable opponent at night and beat, however dubiously, a ranked opponent at home.

Pretty damn weak if you ask me.

Texas hasn't accomplished anything this year other than 4 strong wins and a win in its first Big 12 game (and the first Big 12 game for Colt). I'd say we hung around pretty good with the best team in the country, but that's worth nothing. NONE of these are major accomplishments. I'd basically say about the same thing about OU. The point is that you guys want to claim that your close game with Oregon shows you're better than us because we got stomped by the No. 1 team in the country AT HOME. Well, it's just two different things.

This game is the first game of the year where Texas can accomplish something realistic. Texas beating tOSU this year was just unrealistic. That are THAT much better and we'd have needed some serious luck to beat them with a RS Fresh rolling out there at QB, no matter where we played. Beating OU is a realistic accomplishment. So I really think my views of this season will crystalize after this weekend. I think that's a shared thought.

I was more impressed by Oklahoma than I thought I'd be in how you guys played Oregon (at least your offense). But then I remembered that the Pac 10 doesn't play defense. The goofy part to me is you guys thinking you accomplished something significant by losing a close game on the road to Oregon (or because had things worked out differently it would have been a win). No. That's really not very significant - unless you are a sucky program like Tech or ATM that revels in close losses to good teams or games you would have won if . . .

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 04:34 PM
Texas hasn't accomplished anything this year other than 4 strong wins and a win in its first Big 12 game (and the first Big 12 game for Colt). I'd say we hung around pretty good with the best team in the country, but that's worth nothing. NONE of these are major accomplishments. I'd basically say about the same thing about OU. The point is that you guys want to claim that your close game with Oregon shows you're better than us because we got stomped by the No. 1 team in the country AT HOME. Well, it's just two different things.

This game is the first game of the year where Texas can accomplish something realistic. Texas beating tOSU this year was just unrealistic. That are THAT much better and we'd have needed some serious luck to beat them with a RS Fresh rolling out there at QB, no matter where we played. Beating OU is a realistic accomplishment. So I really think my views of this season will crystalize after this weekend. I think that's a shared thought.

I was more impressed by Oklahoma than I thought I'd be in how you guys played Oregon (at least your offense). But then I remembered that the Pac 10 doesn't play defense. The goofy part to me is you guys thinking you accomplished something significant by losing a close game on the road to Oregon (or because had things worked out differently it would have been a win). No. That's really not very significant - unless you are a sucky program like Tech or ATM that revels in close losses to good teams or games you would have won if . . .

It's funny how you describe "4 strong wins" yet when you speak of OU, they beat a bunch of nobodies. You're still nothing but a Bevo sucking hypocrite.

And I'd be careful in calling Tech a sucky team. They may just walk all over you this year and cause Colt to pee his jock.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 04:38 PM
I think you read me wrong.

UT had 4 strong wins against sucky opposition. We basically took care of business. OU had 2 strong wins against mostly sucky competition and one that was WAY to close given the level of the competition.

Texas had a decisive loss to a team that is where it aspires to be. OU had a close loss to a team it should beat if you were at the level you aspire to.

So while we were losing decisively to the best team in the country, just the weak before you had a close call with freaking UAB.

A push at best. I'm not claiming a great advantage here in "accomplishments".

Ash
10/3/2006, 04:39 PM
... cause Colt to pee his jock.

He does that anyway. It's something he and Mack are trying to work on.

The Maestro
10/3/2006, 04:43 PM
Texas fans bragging about how good their loss is shows me that order has been restored with VY now residing in Nashveel, Tinuhsee. After this week you can brag about being the best two loss team in the country with both defeats at the hands of top ten teams.

boomrsoonr
10/3/2006, 04:47 PM
Texas fans bragging about how good their loss is shows me that order has been restored with VY now residing in Nashveel, Tinuhsee. After this week you can brag about being the best two loss team in the country with both defeats at the hands of top ten teams.

They're starting to sound like aTm, aren't they?

caphorns
10/3/2006, 04:49 PM
I don't see any Longhorn's bragging about our tOSU loss. We played respectably, but it's nothing to brag about.

It's you guys bragging on your Oregon loss if anything. Mixed with some whining and delusion that does remind me a bit of the aggies.

sitzpinkler
10/3/2006, 04:54 PM
I don't see any Longhorn's bragging about our tOSU loss. We played respectably, but it's nothing to brag about.

It's you guys bragging on your Oregon loss if anything. Mixed with some whining and delusion that does remind me a bit of the aggies.

What delusion, retard? There's nothing delusional about what happened in Oregon.

Again, why are these idiots here on a Tuesday?

Stoop Dawg
10/3/2006, 05:08 PM

That's a fair statement.

However, having watched the entire game (with my crimson colored glasses on), I was encouraged by more than just a one point loss on a bad call on the road.

As you say, the PAC 10 doesn't play defense. However, we scored 33 on the road. Not bad. And it *should* have been more if only we hadn't made some mental mistakes (e.g. 3 offensive penalties in a row when we're on the 2 yard line). We *should* have scored about 40. That's nice on the road against a top 25 team - even in a conference that doesn't play defense.

And yes, our defense was shoddy at times. The opening drive and the last two drives for sure.

Not trying to "what if" anyone to death, but if we can eliminate a few mental errors in that game it's a bona fide blow out. If we can avoid critical mental mistakes against UT I see another blow out. But maybe we can't avoid those mistakes, maybe we're just not that good. Maybe. But I doubt it.

caphorns
10/3/2006, 05:41 PM
Stoop - Take away some key execution errors - particularly in the red zone - and the Texas OSU game goes down to the wire. It happens in every game though and usually it happens on both sides. I'm sure Oregon fans could identify their mistakes that would have made this a clear and decisive Oregon win. It's really all about perspective . . . and scoreboard.

Oh damn, I'm bored with the smack already and probably will go back to being my usual reasonable poster somewhere along the way. To those I've offended, nothing personal. Just trying to liven it up around here. It's been a pretty dull lead in to this game.

MiccoMacey
10/3/2006, 06:27 PM
To those I've offended, nothing personal. Just trying to liven it up around here. It's been a pretty dull lead in to this game.

This week means not having to say you're sorry. ;)