PDA

View Full Version : People going down to Dallas, UNITE!!!

goingoneight
10/1/2006, 10:17 PM
Where you gonna be and when? I hope to be at Spaghetti Warehouse by 7:00 pm and http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/16.gif shortly afterward... Just curious how many board members look to be there.

The west end is gonna be brutal with AD, Bomar, Rose Bowl, SUC and 12-45 jokes, but not half as brutal as AD's gonna be on the Hook 'em defense. :D

BOOMER!!!

GottaHavePride
10/1/2006, 10:18 PM
Don't know. PG and I might hang out with yerdolemom Friday night.

SeattleOUstudent
10/1/2006, 10:19 PM
Ill be down there at the Hilton Lincoln Centre Friday night...youll catch my *** at the bar of the restaurant there. Cant beat $5, $6 mixed drinks.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2006, 10:21 PM
$5 or $6 mixed drinks? I sure as hell CAN beat that. I'll mix my own goddamn drinks. ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
10/1/2006, 10:23 PM
I'll be there, but you can bet your *** I ain't hangin around with dolemmittesonner.

goingoneight
10/1/2006, 10:24 PM
Let's beat up every Hook 'em that looks like Rhett Brhomarawls.

Fraggle145
10/2/2006, 01:40 AM
I will probably be here at the "The Really, Really, Really BIG Beat Texas Party,"

last year it was at Jack's Pub, 5550 Yale Blvd., Dallas, 8 p.m. $25 in advance, $30 at the door. http://www.jackspub.com/

This year it is at Two Rows in Greenville think $10-15.00 http://www.ouclubofdallas.com/events_outx_party.php

Don't know when that name came around. It is sponsored by the OU club of Dallas down there I think. Usually go there with a few friends and get really ****ed up. it is usually free beer once you pay to get in. they give you tickets, but nobody (i.e. the bartenders) ever ends up using them... at least it has been that way for the last 3 years. However I looked on the site and it doesnt appear to be that way this year. kinda sucks oh well i'll probably be there anyway. Hook 'em

OldGuyinStudentSection
10/2/2006, 01:55 AM
Some of you remember seeing Brent Rawls walking around West End with a burnt orange shirt on a few years back. Think Bomar has the audacity to pull a similar stunt or to even show his face in Dallas this weekend?

instigator
10/2/2006, 05:49 AM
I'm already here. Does thsat count?

MamaMia
10/2/2006, 06:41 AM
We'll arrive in Dallas late Wednesday night. We always stay at the Renaissance with my husbands brother and his wife, who live here in town. Thursday, we meet up with family members who live in Dallas. We ladies shop will shop. This year I'm looking for a large antique wardrobe closet. The men do whatever it is they do until we meet for dinner.

On Friday, we'll stroll around the fair. I like to ride the Ferris Wheel. The West End has gotten a little wild for us, but we like to hang out at the hotel club. We Sooner watch and run into all the friends we have made over the years who stay their as well. Many hand shakes and hugs go on that evening. Knowing its the team hotel, the Longhorn cheerleaders come and taunt us, but there have been a couple of times a Sooner fan will sit at the piano and drown them out by playing Boomer Sooner. That didnt happen last year. We had to sit through their whole routine.

Saturday we get to the fair as early as traffic will allow and answer "Sooner" to all the "Boomer"[s] and "Sucks" when they yell "Texas." Sometimes we greet the bus and then we like to find a table at the Food Court. I usually have the Greek salad and one of their spinach pastries, but with the spinach scare going on, I don't know what I'll have this year. Then we're usually among the first to enter the stadium. I bring my binoculars because I like to watch the boys bodies move and their muscles flex as they're getting all warmed up.

Taxman71
10/2/2006, 06:43 AM
The move to Jack's Pub ruined that party forever for most people unfortunately. It was awesome when it was at Eddie Dean's and the Velvet E.

Boomer.....
10/2/2006, 07:25 AM
Has anyone heard about a lot of the bar/restaurants in the West End closing down? This is what I have heard, and have been told that it wont be crazy like in years past.

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2006, 07:36 AM
Has anyone heard about a lot of the bar/restaurants in the West End closing down? This is what I have heard, and have been told that it wont be crazy like in years past.

It will still be crazy, but the West Ends shops (big red building), Tony Romas, Dicks Last resort and another place all moved out.

Fraggle145
10/2/2006, 08:23 AM
The move to Jack's Pub ruined that party forever for most people unfortunately. It was awesome when it was at Eddie Dean's and the Velvet E.

Completely understandable... Wasnt as good at Jack's, but was still fun. What ****ed me off was last year some whorns came and bought tickets and basically were trying to ruin our party. My friends and I eventually trash talked them outta there, but it wasnt pretty nearly ending in confrontation in the parking lot. One of the bastards was whearing a UCLA hat to make fun of us losing to them. G. H. E. Y. Hopefully it will be better this year.

Dio
10/2/2006, 09:10 AM
It will still be crazy, but the West Ends shops (big red building), Tony Romas, Dicks Last resort and another place all moved out.

Too bad- there was a wicked awesome fight at Tony Roma's last year. Guess he had to concentrate on being a QB this year. ;)

htownsooner7
10/2/2006, 09:35 AM
anyone have two tix they are trying to get rid of? I'd like avoid the whole ebay disaster if at all possible. I'll pay well.

Boomer.....
10/2/2006, 09:55 AM
anyone have two tix they are trying to get rid of? I'd like avoid the whole ebay disaster if at all possible. I'll pay well.
Check the Sooner Swap forum.

Taxman71
10/2/2006, 10:27 AM
Completely understandable... Wasnt as good at Jack's, but was still fun. What ****ed me off was last year some whorns came and bought tickets and basically were trying to ruin our party. My friends and I eventually trash talked them outta there, but it wasnt pretty nearly ending in confrontation in the parking lot. One of the bastards was whearing a UCLA hat to make fun of us losing to them. G. H. E. Y. Hopefully it will be better this year.

Conicidentally, OU's 5 game win streak ended the same year I avoided the OU party last year. Maybe I can make a 5 minute appearance this year just for good luck. I will be in lower Greenville anyway.

goingoneight
10/2/2006, 12:59 PM
Some of you remember seeing Brent Rawls walking around West End with a burnt orange shirt on a few years back. Think Bomar has the audacity to pull a similar stunt or to even show his face in Dallas this weekend?

Well, he's been smoked twice by Tejas at OU and even though he was bench-warming, against SHSt. OU fans absolutely hate him, and Tejas fans would tear him apart for several reasons. He would have to be even dumber than I think (which doesn't leave much room to Stoop) to do that...

goingoneight
10/2/2006, 01:03 PM
Did anyone happen to see the fat whorn Mexican guy who fell into the trash can last year by the stage? Yeah, that was me moving out of the way from his drunk @$$ when he so intelligently decided to bow up to me and say "F*** OU." Even whorn fans laughed at him... Funny how I don't remember seeing him anymore that night... :D

yermom
10/2/2006, 01:03 PM
Well, he's been smoked twice by Tejas at OU and even though he was bench-warming, against SHSt. OU fans absolutely hate him, and Tejas fans would tear him apart for several reasons. He would have to be even dumber than I think (which doesn't leave much room to Stoop) to do that...

twice?

OUMallen
10/2/2006, 01:18 PM

I liked JP's. The move to Two Rows will be worse, esp if it's just a $10 cover and no free booze like it seems to be on the website.