PDA

View Full Version : I ****ed up my ribs at the conference!

achiro
10/1/2006, 09:21 PM
Went mountain biking in Park City, UT with the conference this weekend. The ride was beautiful. Single track with lots of switch backs. Would have been a really nice ride had the rented equipment not been the succ. Anyway, long story short I hit a root on a switchback and the front shock didn't do what it's suppose to do and I did a pretty nice endo. Landed on my hand(probably the handlebars) and heard a nice "pop" in my ribcage. Hurt like hell and I was having a hard time pulling my left arm in to turn left which resulted later in a wide turn on a left switchback that put me into some brush(the front shock died again) and over I went, the same nice "pop" in my ribcage and all.
I hope you all feel sorry for me.:D

Utah is purty, caught several trout while flyfishing, had a good time and would love to go back sometime.

achiro
10/1/2006, 09:31 PM
Oh, and neg to anyone that tells me to "adjust it":D

hurricane'bone
10/1/2006, 09:32 PM
Eh...you can get that fixed in 12 pre-paid sessions.

yermom
10/1/2006, 09:35 PM
at first i thought you let one of those quacks touch you ;)

Howzit
10/1/2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah, better have a real doctor look at it.

Czar Soonerov
10/1/2006, 10:04 PM
Mmmm.... Ribs.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2006, 10:06 PM
Can you still smell them under your fingernails?

Okla-homey
10/1/2006, 10:30 PM
I bet they have medications which can make you feel better.;)

yermom
10/1/2006, 10:33 PM
BRJ ought to be here any minute

SCOUT
10/1/2006, 10:34 PM
I saw the title and just assumed you tried to shorten the cooking time by increasing the temperature. That will always **** up your ribs.

Red October
10/2/2006, 09:33 AM
That is the very reason I take my bike with me. Rental bikes are heavy, and worn all to hell. Hope you heal up soon.

OKC-SLC
10/2/2006, 10:01 AM
i just spent three years living in UT, and I'm here to tell you the mountain biking is incredible in the SLC area--not to mention southern utah (moab, etc.).

What trail were you riding, do you remember?

(sorry about your injuries)

achiro
10/2/2006, 02:34 PM
i just spent three years living in UT, and I'm here to tell you the mountain biking is incredible in the SLC area--not to mention southern utah (moab, etc.).

What trail were you riding, do you remember?

(sorry about your injuries)

It was the middle (something) trail. Can't remember exactly the name.

BigRedJed
10/2/2006, 03:19 PM
Mmmm.... Ribs.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

Czar Soonerov
10/2/2006, 03:31 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/rating/rating_1.gif

BoogercountySooner
10/2/2006, 05:10 PM
Endorphans my friend are the key to relief.:D

afs
10/2/2006, 07:24 PM
This site (http://www.bikerfox.com/) can help you prevent future crashes.

mrssoonerhubler
10/2/2006, 08:45 PM
Went mountain biking in Park City, UT with the conference this weekend. The ride was beautiful. Single track with lots of switch backs. Would have been a really nice ride had the rented equipment not been the succ. Anyway, long story short I hit a root on a switchback and the front shock didn't do what it's suppose to do and I did a pretty nice endo. Landed on my hand(probably the handlebars) and heard a nice "pop" in my ribcage. Hurt like hell and I was having a hard time pulling my left arm in to turn left which resulted later in a wide turn on a left switchback that put me into some brush(the front shock died again) and over I went, the same nice "pop" in my ribcage and all.
I hope you all feel sorry for me.:D

Utah is purty, caught several trout while flyfishing, had a good time and would love to go back sometime.

The fall leaves are wonderful this time of year up in the mountains. was there snow?

achiro
10/2/2006, 10:11 PM
The fall leaves are wonderful this time of year up in the mountains. was there snow?
Oh, it was beautimous for sure. They had 18 inches of snow the week before but only the higher peaks had any left. The leaves were changing though. Lots of bright reds, yellows, oranges and some green left. Made quite the tapestry.

mrssoonerhubler
10/2/2006, 10:16 PM
Oh, it was beautimous for sure. They had 18 inches of snow the week before but only the higher peaks had any left. The leaves were changing though. Lots of bright reds, yellows, oranges and some green left. Made quite the tapestry.

We drove up to park city 2 weekends ago. It was snowing then...But it has been pretty warm lately. I love looking up at the mountains from my house and seeing how beautiful they are. Love utah...and not just cuz of the mormons ;)

OKC-SLC
10/2/2006, 10:40 PM
It was the middle (something) trail. Can't remember exactly the name.
The Mid-mountain Trail, I'm betting.

If memory serves, it's also known as the 9000 Foot Trail because it's altitude averages nearthere after all the ups and downs are accounted for.

Great ride. Your not the first to eat it on that trail.

achiro
10/3/2006, 08:19 AM
The Mid-mountain Trail, I'm betting.

If memory serves, it's also known as the 9000 Foot Trail because it's altitude averages nearthere after all the ups and downs are accounted for.

Great ride. Your not the first to eat it on that trail.
Pretty sure that was it. Didn't hear it called the 9000 foot trail though.

OKC-SLC
10/3/2006, 12:42 PM
gawd, the grammar/diction errors I made in that post are atrocious. I should grammarsmack my own post.