PDA

View Full Version : Ceddy Benson

stoops the eternal pimp
10/1/2006, 08:18 PM
Nothing to do with the fact he went to ut, but i have never thought he was a good player...he doesnt have a lot of speed, he is a marginal pass blocker, doesnt have good hands out of the backfield, he still enjoys a good fumble now and then..i know he put up good numbers in college but so did ron dayne...not really sure why chicago wasted a number 4 pick on him

sooneron
10/1/2006, 08:20 PM
...not really sure why chicago wasted a number 4 pick on him
I think the chicago front office people are asking themselves the same question.

yermom
10/1/2006, 08:22 PM
yeah, didn't they already have Adrian Peterson? :D

sooneron
10/1/2006, 08:25 PM
They should have gotten an offensive guard. They seem weak in the middle. I'm sure someone with a later pick would have traded up to that spot.

RADsooner
10/1/2006, 08:49 PM
did anyone hear madden taken jabs at him??? something to the effect of- if you take a RB with a #4 pick,he should be starting by his second season.

KYHonorarySooner
10/1/2006, 09:03 PM
Not to mention they have a STUD in Thomas Jones. Maybe they didn't forsee him being this good??

KYHonorarySooner
10/1/2006, 09:05 PM
By the way, has anyone made a Mark Bradley sighting? I know he is buried in the depth chart but I would love to see him get on the field. He had such a good start to his rookie year before the injury.

soonernation
10/1/2006, 09:07 PM
By the way, has anyone made a Mark Bradley sighting? I know he is buried in the depth chart but I would love to see him get on the field. He had such a good start to his rookie year before the injury.

I'm betting he's not on the punt return team.

yermom
10/1/2006, 09:08 PM
:mad:

i think it was a kickoff :O

KYHonorarySooner
10/1/2006, 09:45 PM
ceddy just got in the game... his first play is a called pass play and he takes off like he thinks he supposed to get the hand off out of the back field. must have been hitting the good stuff a little too hard this past week.

Ike
10/1/2006, 09:47 PM
ceddy just got in the game... his first play is a called pass play and he takes off like he thinks he supposed to get the hand off out of the back field. must have been hitting the good stuff a little too hard this past week.

oh he's been in the game off and on all day...but never for much good until his one 19 yd run.

IronSooner
10/1/2006, 09:50 PM
I still just don't get why they drafted that guy. Funny when guys like Madden seem to agree with what Sooner fans have been saying all along.

I agree with sooneron, they could use a little help on the interior of the line. Thomas Jones has to run into a crowd far more than he should.

Big Red Ron
10/1/2006, 09:52 PM
Anyone can do a search on here and see that we SoonerFans were almost all in agreement that Ced would't make it in the NFL. Not because we are SonnerFans but that we are football fans and many of us have actually learned to evaluate football players objectively.

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2006, 09:53 PM
Anyone can do a search on here and see that we SoonerFans were almost all in agreement that Ced would't make it in the NFL. Not because we are SonnerFans but that we are football fans and many of us have actually learned to evaluate football players objectively.
good one Ron.

JohnnyMack
10/1/2006, 09:55 PM
El Ced, like Akili Smith, only not as good.

Big Red Ron
10/1/2006, 10:05 PM
good one Ron.Thanks man.

msteudem
10/1/2006, 10:10 PM

He didn't play tonight because of a ankle injury.

olevetonahill
10/2/2006, 09:22 AM
the idiots should have picked up Q ;)

homerxsimpson
10/2/2006, 10:17 AM
They drafted him because before last year, T. Jones had a history of getting injured in the middle of the season so they thought they were getting a durable pounder.

Then last year, Jones decides that he's more durable than anyone thought and has a very nice productive year, especially given a weak line and horrible issues at QB.

Ced's personal issues haven't exactly helped him either.