PDA

View Full Version : OUR 11 Game Win Streak (- 2 Refs) Longest in the Nation

Blues1
10/1/2006, 12:40 PM
Well Just thought I mention we would have Nations Longest Win Streak right Now - IF - Not for the 2 worst calls in NCAA History...!!!

11 and 0

Boomer Sooner...!!!!

Statalyzer
10/1/2006, 01:52 PM
Wow.

101sooner
10/1/2006, 02:00 PM
Wow.

Maybe not the two worst calls, but certainly two of the worst calls. Do you disagree Horn?

Statalyzer
10/1/2006, 02:06 PM
Oregon offisdes call was horrible.

Tech call was inconclusive. There is no video replay that prooves Henderson didn't make it. Therefore the rule is that the call on the field must stand. That call might have been wrong, but it was not conclusively wrong, so calling that a W is pretty dumb.

And as for Oregon, do the Dallas Cowboys have 6 super bowl wins? After all, they got screwed out of TD in the first superbowl by a very similar deal to the Oregon call. They fumbled and recovered it in the endzone, but a ref spots it and calls Baltimore ball without even looking to see which team got it.

That call likely cost Dallas the game, but I didn't see anyone going around saying after Pitt beat Seattle "Sorry Steelers, but Dallas has most Super Bowl Wins (- 1 Ref) in the NFL".

101sooner
10/1/2006, 02:23 PM
I figured that was your issue.

It's real simple Horn.

TT didn't make the first down. Game over. OU wins.
Oregon touched the ball before it went 10 yards. OU's ball. OU wins.

9 plus 2 = 11. That would be the nations longest winning streak.

So the point of your "wow", was to come on a Sooner board and call an OU fan a whiner during OU/Texas week.

Just so were tracking.

hurricane'bone
10/1/2006, 02:28 PM
Well Just thought I mention we would have Nations Longest Win Streak right Now - IF - Not for the 2 worst calls in NCAA History...!!!

11 and 0

Boomer Sooner...!!!!

Ohio State has won 12 in a row.

badger
10/1/2006, 02:57 PM
eh... I'm going to have to pass on this. Give Oregon credit for deceptive celebrating (Glasses ref duck: "Conclusive!") and Tech for the same...

on second thought, me no likey. Stupid refs.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2006, 03:16 PM
No matter how much we bitch, those games went down as big "L"s in the record books. Thus, we DON'T have an 11-game winning streak. Insisting otherwise is, well, Aggie-ish.

Pepper
10/1/2006, 03:25 PM
Let's just hope we win out and then the media will be forced to deal with explaining why a team that should be undefeated deserves those losses.

101sooner
10/1/2006, 03:36 PM
No matter how much we bitch, those games went down as big "L"s in the record books. Thus, we DON'T have an 11-game winning streak. Insisting otherwise is, well, Aggie-ish.

OU is definitely 9-2 over the last 11 games. I'm not trying to insist on anything different and the original poster wasn't either. That's why he said "IF". But the point that the original poster made is still valid. It doesn't count for a damn thing, but IF the correct calls at the end of both of those games had been made, OU would most likely have an 11 game winning streak, despite the struggles that this team has been through.

Statalyzer
10/1/2006, 05:15 PM
So the point of your "wow", was to come on a Sooner board and call an OU fan a whiner during OU/Texas week.

The point of my wow was to be amazed that you just magically turn L's into W's to create a non-existent winning streak. Interestingly, several Sooners have made that same exact point.

instigator
10/1/2006, 05:25 PM
This is way too aggie.

101sooner
10/1/2006, 05:35 PM
Then you shouldn't have made that original post because the original poster said "IF", therefore, there is no imaginary winning streak.

OU lost both games.

But, as the original poster pointed out, "IF" the refs had made the correct call at the end of those games, OU would have won both of those games.

Do you disagree? If you do, then you are blind. If you don't, then the purpose of your first post on this thread was to call a Sooner fan a whiner on a Sooner board.

1991SOONER
10/1/2006, 06:14 PM
OU won both of those games, period.

buckeyenation
10/1/2006, 06:32 PM
as it was stated earlier in this thread, ohio state has now won 12 in a row so your imaginary win streak is still tied for 2nd with west virginia.

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2006, 06:34 PM
as it was stated earlier in this thread, ohio state has now won 12 in a row so your imaginary win streak is still tied for 2nd with west virginia.
Thanks man.

It's good to have guys like you around to verify what has already been posted.

FaninAma
10/1/2006, 06:34 PM
Point #1: we don't need any full-of-crap horn fan lecturing Sooners on a Sooner board...especially the week of the Uterus game.

Point #2: Have there been any other teams in all of D-1 that has lost 2 of their last past 11 games in the same way as the Sooners have? Is there any other D-1 team that has lost even one of their last eleven games with horrible end-of-the-game calls the way the Sooners have?

I think Stoops, the coaching staff and the Sooner players deserve a huge amount of credit for staying focused. I think it bodes well for the OU program for the rest of the upcoming season.

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2006, 06:37 PM
Wow.
Is moM upside down?

XingTheRubicon
10/1/2006, 07:30 PM
Statalyzer Oregon offisdes call was horrible. The Tech call was inconclusive.

The BS Tech call was the preceeding 4th down. The game is OVER if they don't give them a 2 yard bonus on the spot.

Getting "homered" with holding calls or phantom interference calls in the middle of the contest is one thing. Having a ball moved 2 yards WITH REPLAY by a Lubbock official is another.

OU/TX in 1984, I can stomach (barely) because it was live action. At least there's an excuse for missing Stanberry's kidneys, hips and legs being in bounds. Oregon and Tech were not blown calls. It was blatant fixing/cheating. Like the 1919 BlackSox. It is what it is. The scoreboard says OU lost, so therefore OU lost. It sucks, but that's what it comes down to. So, don't bring "inconclusive" into the Tech game. The TD.....maybe. The 4th down call.....out and out blatant cheating. It was right there for the world to see....over and over and over again.

Our winning streak is 1.
Our ****ed off factor is 10.

soonernation
10/1/2006, 07:31 PM
This is way too aggie.

YUP!!!

Octavian
10/1/2006, 07:38 PM
it's not aggy to call a spade a spade...

goingoneight
10/1/2006, 07:50 PM
The point of my wow was to be amazed that you just magically turn L's into W's to create a non-existent winning streak. Interestingly, several Sooners have made that same exact point.

Interestingly, we didn't capitalize off of bad officiating in OUr most recent MNC... This goes both ways, much like your coach.

goingoneight
10/1/2006, 07:57 PM
also intersetingly, the sooner series record with the cheating raiders and dux is

OU 6 UO 1*

and OU 10 TT 2 + 1*

And OU has more Heismans, MNC's, all-time wins, tradition, conference titles... the list goes on... than UO and TT.

101sooner
10/1/2006, 08:05 PM
it's not aggy to call a spade a spade...

thanks

BOOMER SOONER

FaninAma
10/1/2006, 08:43 PM
Calling fellow Sooner fans aggie is very aggie.

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2006, 08:46 PM
Aggying aggy aggies is aggylike.

FaninAma
10/1/2006, 08:53 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words when people want to say Sooner fans are whining and acting like aggies over what happened in Oregon:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78646

soonernation
10/1/2006, 08:58 PM
Calling fellow Sooner fans aggie is very aggie.
/\

Aggie

;) :pop:

tbl
10/1/2006, 09:02 PM
It's aggie... that cannot be denied.

FaninAma
10/1/2006, 09:09 PM
It's aggie... that cannot be denied.

What's aggie?

XingTheRubicon
10/1/2006, 11:42 PM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4516119&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Don't hurt yourself, stat.

Octavian
10/1/2006, 11:49 PM
registering on your rival's fan site...not uncommon.

disagreeing w/ your rivals on their fan site...understandable.

not having enough courage to say what you think and taking your losing argument back to your buddies on your own fan site so they can make you feel better...sort've sad.

doing it the week of the big game....pathetically priceless.

that is aggy.

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2006, 11:52 PM
I haven't followed stats posts much.

Now I know all I need to about him.

Big Red Ron
10/1/2006, 11:52 PM
Re: soonerags.com - "Longest win streak in the nat [re: Statalyzer (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4516119&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&vc=1)]http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/edit.gif (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/editpost.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4517090&page=0&view=collapsed&what=showflat&sb=5&o=0&vc=1) http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/reply.gif (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/newreply.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4517090&page=0&view=collapsed&what=showflat&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1&vc=1)
Sooner, if you get to count Oregon as a moral victory due to being jobbed by the refs, then so does UAB.

I don't hear any Sooners bellyaching about the refs in THAT game, but that was clearly an L for Oklahoma if things are called cleanly.

WTF???

XingTheRubicon
10/1/2006, 11:58 PM
WTF???

He doesn't have any idea what he's talking about.

He thought the Tech TD was the call in question...

He thought OU lost the UAB game if they got that fumble call. (They were down 7 at that time with plenty of time on the clock)

He's just.....well he's just a horn.

Ash
10/2/2006, 12:05 AM
registering on your rival's fan site...not uncommon.

disagreeing w/ your rivals on their fan site...understandable.

not having enough courage to say what you think and taking your losing argument back to your buddies on your own fan site so they can make you feel better...sort've sad.

doing it the week of the big game....pathetically priceless.

that is aggy.

Seems pretty typical of the whorn trolls that come on here. They get pimp slapped on this board and run back to whornfans (provided it hasn't crashed) for a self-affirming circle jerk. Just like their pathetic football team, if you punch them in the mouth they'll fold.

birddog
10/2/2006, 12:11 AM
i got to be honest, if texass lost the way we did to uo, i'd be laughing hysterically. the only thing i enjoy more than seeing the whorns lose is seeing us win.
everyone thinks we are "whining" about the screw job and i'd be saying it to them too.

sanantoniosooner
10/2/2006, 08:02 AM
i got to be honest, if texass lost the way we did to uo, i'd be laughing hysterically. the only thing i enjoy more than seeing the whorns lose is seeing us win.
everyone thinks we are "whining" about the screw job and i'd be saying it to them too.
spek for honesty, and accuracy

Jason White's Third Knee
10/2/2006, 08:22 AM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4516119&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Don't hurt yourself, stat.

Actually, I prefer you hurt yourself, stat. Again, the TT game was over on the previous 4th down. Worst spot ever. The Henderson call was just the Henderson call.

The UO game is still one of the biggest wonders of this season. I still see it referenced all the time on ESPN, etc. It was wrong and game altering.

Our team is on a mission. Although I looked at this game as a good one prior to this season, I think OU is going to bring something special for the 'horns. I see an outright victory and a solid one. OU is going to bring hell to McCoy this weekend.

See you bitches this weekend. Try not to pull a labia.

FaninAma
10/2/2006, 08:52 AM
I would like to see the horns be on the short end of even one bad call at the end of the game that cost them the game instead of on the beneficiary end ala Kansas in 2004 and the infamous Stansbury interception. I guarantee you it would be a meltdown of monumental proportions.

BTW, Stat....you're a *****.

instigator
10/2/2006, 09:03 AM
I'm not saying the calls weren't wrong and that we didn't deserve and indeed win those games. Going back now and making up a winning streak is still aggy. It's not even a big win streak. 11 games?!?! So what? If we get the Tech win we would have played Alabama in the Cotton bowl and who knows if we win that. Too many "what ifs". OU is a winning program. Not osu. Let it go.

Blues1
10/2/2006, 12:54 PM
I didn't write this POST to make up a OU Win Streak - I just thought it was interesting that since TCU went down (13 games) Nobody in the country had any BIG STREAK going on.....and "IF" the Refs had their SH!T together we would be up there close to the top....I still Like to Believe (SOONER or Later) old Gordo will crack and FESS UP --- that is "IF" he has any moral fiber left in him..??

Depending what happens the rest of the Season..?? -- This may become even Bigger than we know at this time..??

Lets just say ALL Top 5 teams have 1 loss before The Bowl games - Think about how Football Writers and Fans will look at the Oregon game then...??

This might get Real interesting.....JMHO...!

Yep Still R'