PDA

View Full Version : Transfer update

stoops the eternal pimp
10/1/2006, 09:28 AM
Tashard Choice had 105 yards rushing against VT...good for him. It would have been nice having him in the backfield for next year..

Tommy Grady was 3-6 with 1 INT..has thrown 8 passes this year with 2 picked off...The telling tale of TG is that the Utes starting qb is terrible and TG isnt playing much....

Akim Millington's Illinois team won a big 10 game....Akim, there is a reason that "things are a lot easier" at Illinois compared to here...its called the difference between being a consistent winner and loser..

southern sooner
10/1/2006, 09:33 AM
Like Choice and wish him well, the other 2 - they get what they deserve.

MiccoMacey
10/1/2006, 09:37 AM
I don't have any negative thoughts toward players who choose to leave.

They are doing what they think is best for their lives, which includes all aspects of their college experience, not just football.

Readyfor8
10/1/2006, 10:31 AM
I do have a problem with players who leave for reasons like I don't want to work hard. Akim Millington wanted a championship without having to work for it.

Tommy Grady left because he wouldn't get playing time here, and thats the same reason Choice left. Those guys I have no problem with because they are doing what they have to do to get on the field. Akim if he put in the work would have been a starter and possibly a 3rd+ round draft pick.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/1/2006, 10:38 AM
I do have a problem with players who leave for reasons like I don't want to work hard. Akim Millington wanted a championship without having to work for it.

Tommy Grady left because he wouldn't get playing time here, and thats the same reason Choice left. Those guys I have no problem with because they are doing what they have to do to get on the field. Akim if he put in the work would have been a starter and possibly a 3rd+ round draft pick.

is this conjecture or first hand knowledge?

meoveryouxinfinity
10/1/2006, 10:40 AM
I agree, I have nothing against kids who transfer...

Now our basketball commits who left can go to hell. :D

PDXsooner
10/1/2006, 10:51 AM
is this conjecture or first hand knowledge?

is this a rhetorical question? :D

TheUnnamedSooner
10/1/2006, 11:44 AM
Grady did what he thought was best for him. I mean who wouldn't? Yeah, if he would have stuck around, he would probably be starting, but I would like to see the odds of what happened were.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/1/2006, 11:45 AM
Actually, Choice left due to an illness in his family, i believe his mother..thats why the ncaa didnt make him sit out a season

sooneron
10/1/2006, 12:20 PM
Best of luck to Tashard, he had a nice game yesterday. TG- I think there more issues than the chance of backing up Bomar- grade issues?
I also thought that there was more to the mIllington story than not wanting to work hard. It seems we assume that too much around here. That said, MIllington did **** us over big time as far as timing is concerned.

King Crimson
10/1/2006, 12:27 PM
Utah got hammered by Boise St. one of the knucklehead pre-season projections had Utah in a BCS game.

stoopified
10/1/2006, 01:50 PM
All I know for sure about Millington was he WAS to start last years opener(TCU) quit the team on Monday,called Coach on Wednesday claiming a change of heart,Stoops declined to discuss it til after TCU.Stoops then reinstated both o-line quiters,Millington and Keith.They showed up for practice and found out they were on the scout team.They apparently thought they were going to regain their previous 1st and 2nd team positions respectively only to be told they had to earn them.Both players then either quit or were dismissed depending on whom you believe.IMHO that makes both quiters who don't want to pay the high price required to be SOONERS.

Statalyzer
10/1/2006, 01:58 PM
The telling tale of TG is that the Utes starting qb is terrible and TG isnt playing much....

But we all need to remember that if Grady and Vince Young were both at OU, Grady would have started at QB.

Ash
10/1/2006, 02:52 PM
But we all need to remember that I am an irrelevant a$$hole with a homo-erotic avatar and nothing of value to say. If whornfans wasn't constantly crashing I'd probably be over there engaging in a self affirming circle jerk with my myopic brethren.

Well, I'll be darned.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/1/2006, 04:05 PM
But we all need to remember that if Grady and Vince Young were both at OU, Grady would have started at QB.No, Young is fascinating the NFL with his performance.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/1/2006, 04:12 PM
No, Young is fascinating the NFL with his performance.

Luckily for him Brandon Jones is 6'3 and able to jump high enough to catch his passes or it would have been worse

man00
10/1/2006, 07:03 PM

Did you hear Akim Millington say he didn't want to work hard?

OUstud
10/1/2006, 08:07 PM
How's Ahmad Kabba doing?

SoonersEnFuego
10/1/2006, 08:10 PM
Tashard Choice is the man. I always root hard for him to do well. But it's hard to get a lot of recognition when you have Calvin Johnson on the team.

Newbomb Turk
10/8/2006, 02:45 PM
Tashard had a nice game vs. Maryland.

138 yards and 2 tds

TXBOOMER
10/8/2006, 07:53 PM
Tommy Grady did not have the talent to start here and knew it. That is exactly why he is gone. I'd like to see the kid at Tulsa at OU or the kid a Nebraska at OU. They actually have some Oklahoma talent that can play college ball. See Jason White. I am hoping the Bradford kid has some success. We have been recruiting kids based on number of stars by their name and letting good local talent go elsewhere. Now, we are sitting here waiting on next year to break in another one. I'd like to see us offer the best QB in the state every year.

Egeo
10/8/2006, 09:47 PM
tommy grady has a ton of talent - it appears he's either not smart or lazy