PDA

View Full Version : I like our Chances

Boffingham
10/1/2006, 07:47 AM
Texas A/M at Kyle Field...obviously not an advantage for the Aggies.
Texas Tech getting manhandled on the ground in the 2nd half...great for AD

2 big wins for the Sooners

Texas...1 quality opponent...and they sucked.

Another big win for the Sooners

Mizzou???

Don't have anything yet

ISU, Baylor, OSU, Colorado...please!

The VIIIth
10/1/2006, 08:39 AM
Mizzou looks like the class of the North. They are playing great defense as well as scoring points. This game looms large for us.

I don't see anyone else playing with them in the North though.

I gotta take exception with you about Kyle Field, that damn place is loud and it can definitely have a detrimental effect on a team just from a signal calling standpoint. Tech looked like they had a hard time with the noise in the first quarter. I sure thought that was going to be more of a defensive game though.

mrowl
10/1/2006, 08:46 AM
Mizzou looks like the class of the North. They are playing great defense as well as scoring points. This game looms large for us.

I don't see anyone else playing with them in the North though.

I gotta take exception with you about Kyle Field, that damn place is loud and it can definitely have a detrimental effect on a team just from a signal calling standpoint. Tech looked like they had a hard time with the noise in the first quarter. I sure thought that was going to be more of a defensive game though.

by the time OU plays aTm, they may\will have 2 more losses. So, the crowd will be smaller, and boooing Fran by then.

trwxxa
10/1/2006, 08:53 AM
From what I saw yesterday, a healthy AD should go for two bills against both aTm and tceh.

southern sooner
10/1/2006, 09:27 AM
2 things that caught my eye, one from each team.

1. Tech - has better receivers than I have ever seen there.
2. ATM - Really liked their backfield, they used the talant they had pretty nice (that big guy Lane is a nightmare).

If this is the case and not just a case of 2 bad teams making each other look good (which I dont think is the case), then our corners better get it together before the raiders come to Norman and our line better figure out a way to knock the **** out of Lane a couple of times... Just my thoughts

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/1/2006, 09:46 AM
2 things that caught my eye, one from each team.

1. Tech - has better receivers than I have ever seen there.
2. ATM - Really liked their backfield, they used the talant they had pretty nice (that big guy Lane is a nightmare).

If this is the case and not just a case of 2 bad teams making each other look good (which I dont think is the case), then our corners better get it together before the raiders come to Norman and our line better figure out a way to knock the **** out of Lane a couple of times... Just my thoughts

Kinda what I was thinking as well. I think our pass rush needs to improve signifigantly because both qB's struggled a lot during the game when a pass rush was present. And to this day I still have no clue why we have/had such a hard time defending the option against aTm. McGee looks a little sluggish...maybe the tv is deceptive?

Skysooner
10/1/2006, 10:23 AM
This is the same Tech tram that scored 3 on TCU (the same TCU that got rolled by BYU).

proudsoonergal
10/1/2006, 10:33 AM

Oregon was pretty loud, too. Despite all the officiating problems (etc etc etc), I'm glad we played up there, because I think it gave our team great confidence in a loud environment on the road. If we can handle Oregon, we can handle Kyle Field. Oh, and yes, I'm aware that we had some stupid probably-noise-related penalties at Autzen. Also, Javorski Lane is a big dude of a RB, but right now he doesn't have the endurance to pound the whole game.....he was winded against ARMY. That's why he didn't play every down against Tech, like the announcers repeatedly lamented.

I've posted this before.....I think the noise at the OU/TX will be a big factor on Colt McCoy. He has yet to play a real road game against a decent opponent. At Reliant v. Rice doesn't count, in my opinon - there were probably more UT fans there than Rice fans. Anyway, if we can rattle him and make him jittery (hopefully with an INT or twenty), Greg Davis will get ultra conservative and implement his all-famous East-West offense. (Note - does this work better at OSU because their stadium is screwed up? :))

meoveryouxinfinity
10/1/2006, 10:36 AM
History seems to repeat itself. I wouldn't underestimate Oklahoma State.. especially in Stillwater.. at the end of the year Bobby Reid will be healthy (as opposed to last year) and much improved, not to mention how hot D'Juan Woods can get.