PDA

View Full Version : Arizona laying an egg tonight....

AllAboutThe'O'
10/1/2006, 12:09 AM
Down 21-10 to U-Dub with a minute left, and the Huskies have the ball.
I listened to part of the second half on XM, and aside from Arizona's only TD on a miracle 4th down pass, the Wildcat offense has been horrible. Seems like Washington's got a much improved team, but I've expected more from Arizona this year.
Plus, we had this game in our office pick-em this week and I went with the 'Cats.:mad:

Flagstaffsooner
10/1/2006, 12:16 AM
Mike ought to open a chicken farm with all the eggs he's been laying. Come home Mike.

birddog
10/1/2006, 12:21 AM
how much longer will they give him?

AllAboutThe'O'
10/1/2006, 12:25 AM
Mike ought to open a chicken farm with all the eggs he's been laying. Come home Mike.
Funny, I had this conversation with a friend of mine last night. He's of the strong belief that not only has the Sooner defense lost its edge since Mike left, but that Mike was better off not going to Arizona. He talked about how hard it is to win at a place like Arizona (not much tradition, not a strong recruiting base, basketball school, in the shadow of USC and UCLA, etc., etc.). I told him that it didn't matter who took over at Arizona, it was going to be a big cleanup job after the mess that Mackovic made. But I sort of sided with my friend. Mike's not necessarily on the hot seat this year, but another three-win season ain't going to cut it.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2006, 12:25 AM
He has obviously chosen poorly with his offensive coordinator.

StoopTroup
10/1/2006, 12:26 AM
Not long is my guess...

AllAboutThe'O'
10/1/2006, 12:29 AM
Not long is my guess...
Next year will be win or else down in Tucson. But hey, I hear Lute's supposed to have another good hoop team this season, so the fans at least have something else to fall back on.

Octavian
10/1/2006, 12:38 AM
He has obviously chosen poorly with his offensive coordinator.

exactly.

It's not Mike and Mark's defense....Zona held USC to 13 points last week before a late gimme touchdown.

He hasn't had a decent quarterback or a quality OC yet.

Still, he's only had 5 wins against D1 opponents in 3 years....that's not gonna cuit it.

Fraggle145
10/1/2006, 01:39 AM
The question I have is, when/if they fire him do you think he will actually come back? I mean everyone seems to think that he is going to be done and he is coming back... do you really think he is fired next year? I mean its ARI-ZON-A. But my main question is no matter what when/if he gets fired do you think he really would come back? He is kind of a hothead with a big ego which we all loved in his defense.... Also How long do you think Bob is here? Not saying I see him leaving anytime soon, but well whatever I am drunk and want to hear some drunk logic to satisfy my curiosity...

Flagstaffsooner
10/1/2006, 01:45 AM
The question I have is, when/if they fire him do you think he will actually come back? I mean everyone seems to think that he is going to be done and he is coming back... do you really think he is fired next year? I mean its ARI-ZON-A. But my main question is no matter what when/if he gets fired do you think he really would come back? He is kind of a hothead with a big ego which we all loved in his defense.... Also How long do you think Bob is here? Not saying I see him leaving anytime soon, but well whatever I am drunk and want to hear some drunk logic to satisfy my curiosity...You dis'n Arizona football? Hell, we have UofA, aSu and Not A University as well as the Cards. Thank gawd we have a big hole to throw them all into.:D

Flagstaffsooner
10/1/2006, 01:53 AM
AZ Cats board (http://forum.goazcats.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=4)

Not looking nice for Mike over there.

yermom
10/1/2006, 01:55 AM
Not Long is my guess...

yeah, i'm not sure how much time he has left at SDSU, but i can't imagine Mike wants him either :P

Fraggle145
10/1/2006, 02:03 AM
yeah, i'm not sure how much time he has left at SDSU, but i can imagine Mike wants him either :P

:confused: huh? stoops doesnt want chuckie or chuckie doesnt want stoops? I wouldnt want to be at either of those ****holes... AZU or SDSU. ? so when he gets fired in 2010 or whatever as thats what his contract is for and i dont think they can afford to buy him out, via what they say on their board and drunkedness interpreting, do you think bob will still be here and that mike woudl come back if he was? :pop:

ouflak
10/1/2006, 04:00 AM
I really thought that brother Bob was going to slip Mike the how-to gameplan on beating Washington like I suspect happened with UCLA last year. Who knows? Maybe he and it just didn't work out so well this time. Oh well. I guess Arizon is in for another long season.

southern sooner
10/1/2006, 09:41 AM
If big If, Bob goes to the NFL (which would be insane, esp after what happended with his buddy Steve). Would OU bring Mike back as the Head coach or would they go after a current head coach (big name) guy?

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/1/2006, 09:51 AM
Mike isn't coming back, people....

OU-HSV
10/1/2006, 10:13 AM
AZ Cats board (http://forum.goazcats.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=4)

Not looking nice for Mike over there.
You gotta love their "PAC 10 Refs suck" thread over there. Nice.

proudsoonergal
10/1/2006, 10:21 AM
It's not outside the realm of possibility. David Cutcliffe went back to Tennessee this year as O-coordinator after getting fired as head coach from Ole Miss. Of course, Tenn went 5-6 last year, too.

yermom
10/1/2006, 11:34 AM
:confused: huh? stoops doesnt want chuckie or chuckie doesnt want stoops? I wouldnt want to be at either of those ****holes... AZU or SDSU. ? so when he gets fired in 2010 or whatever as thats what his contract is for and i dont think they can afford to buy him out, via what they say on their board and drunkedness interpreting, do you think bob will still be here and that mike woudl come back if he was? :pop:

he was asking about the OC and someone said "not long"

i was agreeing :) (it was a joke people, he'd probably do OK there)

i can't imagine Mike would want to come back as DC if it doesn't work out at Arizona, but i wouldn't exactly be upset if he did

Fraggle145
10/1/2006, 03:44 PM
damn... I was drunk last night.

Big Red Ron
10/1/2006, 10:02 PM
Every UO and Washington win helps OU in the computer rankings = 1/3 of the BCS formula. At the end of the season, we will have played one of the toughest schedules this season.

goingoneight
10/1/2006, 10:18 PM
how much longer will they give him?

:rolleyes: ;) :D