PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Ohio State kill Hawkeyes

FormerSoonerProf
9/30/2006, 10:44 PM
Buckeyes appear to be the real deal. They absolutely killed Iowa today. Their defense reminded me of our defense in Mike Stoops era.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/30/2006, 11:00 PM
well, since he taught it to them...

yermom
9/30/2006, 11:00 PM
funny you should say that...

yermom
9/30/2006, 11:01 PM
heh, jkm beats me to it

yermom
9/30/2006, 11:02 PM
so why do they replace 9 starters and still kick ***?

can we just not recruit?

Bo Pellini seems to be doing ok with Lester too...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/30/2006, 11:08 PM
so why do they replace 9 starters and still kick ***?

can we just not recruit?

Bo Pellini seems to be doing ok with Lester too...

i think tressell spending all of those years at youngstown state has grounded him. you take superior athleticism on O and look for football players on D.

as for pellini, i think that our secondary was 1999ish when he took over...

yermom
9/30/2006, 11:10 PM
i don't follow... in talent or schemes?

TheGodfather889
9/30/2006, 11:34 PM
I think Jim Tressel is just an outstanding coach and he and his defensive coordinator can put young and talented guys to fill holes left from a previous great player. I think it's coaching and scheming, along with good talent.

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 11:36 PM
I think they either recruit LBs that can catch the football, or keep em on the jugg machine for 100 hours a week. If a QB throws it anywhere NEAR one of their LB's they snag it every time.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/30/2006, 11:52 PM
i don't follow... in talent or schemes?

more discipline than anything. derrick strait wasn't the most athletic corner to ever step on owen field, but he was the most disciplined. that alone made up for most of his physical limitations.

boomersooner28
10/1/2006, 10:56 AM
I think Jim Tressel is just an outstanding coach and he and his defensive coordinator can put young and talented guys to fill holes left from a previous great player. I think it's coaching and scheming, along with good talent.

YIP! They always have their talent in the correct position to make plays. Their blitz schemes and packages are outstanding. They blitz almost every play it seems, but yet there aren't receivers open either. The DT's are outstanding though, which helps TREMENDOUSLY. Those guys up front terrorize the O-Line, so it makes it much easier, for everyone else. I think that is OUr biggest downfall, Our DT's.

sooneron
10/1/2006, 12:46 PM
Does this mean that the media will get off of Ferentz's jock? I'm sick of hearing about the guy. He's 53-37 at Iowa.

King Crimson
10/1/2006, 12:52 PM
Does this mean that the media will get off of Ferentz's jock? I'm sick of hearing about the guy. He's 53-37 at Iowa.

well, someone has to fill the Barry Alvarez gap....:rolleyes:

IronSooner
10/1/2006, 05:40 PM

For this week they hyped it to get people to watch Ohio St. Iowa's not that good. I watched them play Illinois last week and Illinois could have beaten them if any one of the Illini had actually caught the balls that hit them in the hands. Iowa should be around 20 where they are now.

proudsoonergal
10/1/2006, 05:46 PM
I think that is OUr biggest downfall, Our DT's.

We have DTs? They play? Or maybe they were sandbagging for the Texas game. :D

man00
10/1/2006, 07:00 PM
Ohio St also has great team speed, much more than OU.