PDA

View Full Version : Our Sunbelt Patsy is better than Your Sunbelt Patsy

Scott D
9/30/2006, 06:39 PM
MTSU up 14-0 on North Texas with 4 min left in first quarter, and NT just threw an interception to give MTSU the ball again.

Newbomb Turk
9/30/2006, 06:41 PM
after watching MTSU last week, I have a hard time believing they could beat anybody.

birddog
9/30/2006, 06:42 PM
after watching MTSU last week, I have a hard time believing they could beat anybody.
you musta missed the ut-unt game.

Newbomb Turk
9/30/2006, 06:43 PM
you musta missed the ut-unt game.

yes - I did.

Scott D
9/30/2006, 06:43 PM

apparently they can dominate schools that Texas schedules ;)

usmc-sooner
9/30/2006, 06:44 PM
hell yeah

Octavian
9/30/2006, 06:44 PM
WOOT!!

;)

SapulpaSooner
9/30/2006, 07:22 PM
:D

SapulpaSooner
9/30/2006, 09:17 PM
Middle Tennessee State 35 at North Texas 0 Final

Ash
9/30/2006, 09:50 PM
This is hilarious to me, weren't some of the resident whorn trolls arguing whether UAB could beat unt?

If the MTSU win didn't mean much for OU, the unt win by saxeT (as mentioned by many here) is completely freaking irrelevant. It should be treated like the exhibition games that college bball teams play (vs. the "Nike all-star swoosh team" or whatever).LOL.

horninokc
9/30/2006, 10:33 PM
This is hilarious to me, weren't some of the resident whorn trolls arguing whether UAB could beat unt?

If the MTSU win didn't mean much for OU, the unt win by saxeT (as mentioned by many here) is completely freaking irrelevant. It should be treated like the exhibition games that college bball teams play (vs. the "Nike all-star swoosh team" or whatever).LOL.

One bad team beat another bad team. And I, for one, never said either of our wins meant much. We got to stretch our legs, much like today angainst the fearsome Bearcats. You've played one decent team and were robbed. We played one good team and got our *** kicked. Saturday, we will find out how we stack up against each other.

proudsoonergal
9/30/2006, 10:38 PM
Dude, it's BearKats. Geez. ;)

horninokc
9/30/2006, 10:43 PM
Dude, it's BearKats. Geez. ;)

I stand, (or rather sit half drunk) corrected. I should study before I post.

StoopTroup
9/30/2006, 10:50 PM
At this point in your season...

I see your team only losing 2-3 games total.

Not bad.

Ash
9/30/2006, 10:52 PM
One bad team beat another bad team. And I, for one, never said either of our wins meant much. We got to stretch our legs, much like today angainst the fearsome Bearcats. You've played one decent team and were robbed. We played one good team and got our *** kicked. Saturday, we will find out how we stack up against each other.

hey, you're back to chime in on a meaningless topic. Way to go!

I agree with your post 100%, except for the fact that nobody referenced what you in particular had to say. In fact, you've had little to say about football on this board. Most of your posts consist of being completely oblivious to your surroundings combined with a good amount of whining - along with lying about your employment status.

horninokc
9/30/2006, 11:31 PM
hey, you're back to chime in on a meaningless topic. Way to go!

I agree with your post 100%, except for the fact that nobody referenced what you in particular had to say. In fact, you've had little to say about football on this board. Most of your posts consist of being completely oblivious to your surroundings combined with a good amount of whining - along with lying about your employment status.

OK, Ash. Pick someone to hold your cash for you (so you don't weasel out) and I will bet you whatever you like ($1000.00 ok? more if you feel really sure) and I will provide absolute proof of my employment "status". Come on, Ash. You got the nads to back up your rambling or are you just someone who lets their mouth overload your hip pockets? :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
9/30/2006, 11:35 PM
It never turns out well when we discuss the Sunbelt conference. :(

horninokc
9/30/2006, 11:37 PM
OK, Ash. Pick someone to hold your cash for you (so you don't weasel out) and I will bet you whatever you like ($1000.00 ok? more if you feel really sure) and I will provide absolute proof of my employment "status". Come on, Ash. You got the nads to back up your rambling or are you just someone who lets their mouth overload your hip pockets? :rolleyes:

Calling you out, Ash. We can argue and have fun all day with football but you call me a liar in public and you are going to put up or shup up. Any amount. Unless, of course, you are all talk, which I think you are.

Pepper
9/30/2006, 11:37 PM
You've played one decent team and were robbed. We played one good team and got our *** kicked. Saturday, we will find out how we stack up against each other.

I guess teams in the top 15 are now only "decent?" Oregon is a very good team, not a decent team, and Washington is now looking to go 4-1 with wins over Fresno St. and UCLA. I would say they are a decent team.

critical_phil
9/30/2006, 11:42 PM
Beano will hold the money.

horninokc
9/30/2006, 11:46 PM
I guess teams in the top 15 are now only "decent?" Oregon is a very good team, not a decent team, and Washington is now looking to go 4-1 with wins over Fresno St. and UCLA. I would say they are a decent team.

Oregon is better than I gave them credit for. But, yes, I consider "decent" teams top 25 teams. And I am not ready to gvie Washington any status. Rice hung with UCLA. Of course, Rice also hammered Army who beat Baylor and should have beaten A&M. Again, we are talking about bad teams playing bad teams.

OU is a good team and probably the best team we will play until a bowl game. We'll see how it turns out Saturday.

Scott D
9/30/2006, 11:49 PM

Hi Bruce, how's the mpg on the Yukon?

goingoneight
10/2/2006, 12:55 PM
Oregon is better than I gave them credit for. But, yes, I consider "decent" teams top 25 teams. And I am not ready to gvie Washington any status. Rice hung with UCLA. Of course, Rice also hammered Army who beat Baylor and should have beaten A&M. Again, we are talking about bad teams playing bad teams.

OU is a good team and probably the best team we will this year, period. We'll see how it turns out Saturday.

Sorry, I was bored, :D ...

caphorns
10/2/2006, 01:14 PM
sorry horninkc, but Rice didn't have Chase Clement at QB when they played us. The kid has done amazingly well for them. He made some seriously great plays against UCLA and Army. We've beaten next to nobody this year essentially. We had one game and lost. We had one next to nobody (ISU) and won. And then we had 3 scrimmages against teams that couldn't beat our walkons.

NormanPride
10/2/2006, 01:17 PM
sorry horninkc, but Rice didn't have Chase Clement at QB when they played us. The kid has done amazingly well for them. He made some seriously great plays against UCLA and Army. We've beaten next to nobody this year essentially. We had one game and lost. We had one next to nobody (ISU) and won. And then we had 3 scrimmages against team's that couldn't beat our walkons.

I'd like to see that game, actually. My prediction: 14-7 walkons.

caphorns
10/2/2006, 01:21 PM
I wish we had a JV league just to see us our walkons whip up on Fran's 12th men team.

goingoneight
10/2/2006, 01:37 PM
Your fans could whip up on Fran's 12th men team.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/2/2006, 02:51 PM
Calling you out, Ash. We can argue and have fun all day with football but you call me a liar in public and you are going to put up or shup up. Any amount. Unless, of course, you are all talk, which I think you are.

dude, you've been cool but don't do this again (unless you send cash to beano).

RedstickSooner
10/2/2006, 03:20 PM
I wish we had a JV league just to see us our walkons whip up on Fran's 12th men team.

Y'know, I think I agree with ya, Cap. That'd be fun. And, heck, I'll support *anything* which results in more games ;)

goingoneight
10/2/2006, 03:27 PM
AD's daughter pwns aTm... Nice to see how good North Texas State A&M Tech is this year... we get them in 2007, I believe...

Ash
10/2/2006, 03:28 PM
dude, you've been cool but don't do this again (unless you send cash to beano).

didn' think this guy would take my posts so seriously. My guess was it was the booze talkin' after he admitted to being drunk when he posted.