PDA

View Full Version : Prayers answered: ESPN College Gameday not doing OU/TX

SeattleOUstudent
9/30/2006, 10:41 AM
They basically said they were going to the Florida game next weekend. Cant believe that game is going to be hotter than OU/TX, but whatev. At least I wont have to watch Corso put on the Lenny the Longhorn head again:texan:

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 10:44 AM
I doubt they go there. Lee and Kirk always say stuff like that to try and 'sway' the producers into going somewhere.

They all wanted to go to the Auburn-LSU game too and you see where they ended up. If OU-TX is the night game on ABC, I'll expect the Game Day crew to be there as well.

mrowl
9/30/2006, 10:46 AM
nah, they will go to the next tOSU game vs Bowling green. :rolleyes:

SGT Park3R
9/30/2006, 10:48 AM
I second that. Corso is an asswipe. He always picks us to lose. He even picked the Horns a couple of years during the timewe were owning them. Idiot.:mad:

Ruuuuuufus
9/30/2006, 11:07 AM
they'll go wherever the night game is. ABC wanted the game at night but both schools disagreed.

AlabamaSooner
9/30/2006, 11:18 AM
I doubt they go there. Lee and Kirk always say stuff like that to try and 'sway' the producers into going somewhere.

They all wanted to go to the Auburn-LSU game too and you see where they ended up. If OU-TX is the night game on ABC, I'll expect the Game Day crew to be there as well.

2:30 kick in Dallas

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 11:19 AM
Well there ya go... wonder who the night game is? I'm gonna guess an ACC team next week.

9/30/2006, 11:21 AM
Corso is great. He does a cheesy job of being the antagonist. And when it comes to antagonists, the more cheese the better.

He is the villain in their little Saturday morning cartoon. He obviously plays to that roll.

On the plus side, he does know Xs and Os, so much of his commentary is valid.

Still, it's funny to see how he plays up the bad guy thing.

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 11:22 AM
I BELIEVE IN VOODOO!!!!

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 11:24 AM
Well there ya go... wonder who the night game is? I'm gonna guess an ACC team next week.

It's Nebbish v. the Cyclones in Ames.

It's also confirmed that the RRS is national (only game on at that time). It's all good except we'll have to listen to Mushburger. I'm really pleased that both athletic depts told ABC to stuff it when they asked for a night game. 2:30 at the Fair or it's not OU-TX, period.

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 11:25 AM
Hmmm... they might come to Houston then. Herbie could easily catch a flight to Ames in time for the game.

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 11:28 AM
Oregon-Cal is the west coast night game. Gameday will probably be at Berkeley.

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 11:30 AM
I thought the night games were national broadcasts?

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 11:32 AM
I thought the night games were national broadcasts?

Not yet. They have always had an alternate night game for the west coast so far, prolly because they didn't want their prime time broadcast starting at 5pm out there.

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 11:33 AM
Hmmm... they might come to Houston then. Herbie could easily catch a flight to Ames in time for the game.

What's in Houston?

Oh, and BTW Selma, ROLL TIDE. This week I am a Bama fan first. :D

Where's mah mint julep???????

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 11:34 AM
Why the hell did I say Houston? Prolly the same reason I said Mississippi instead of Miss St. in the other thread.

I shoulda went to bed last night :(

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 11:38 AM
Hmm, the Oregon-Cal game is starting at 8pm Eastern too...and tOSU-Iowa is national tonight. Well there goes my theory. :O

It's official: ABC doesn't make sense

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2006, 11:40 AM
Not yet. They have always had an alternate night game for the west coast so far, prolly because they didn't want their prime time broadcast starting at 5pm out there.

That's what time it starts anyhow.

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 11:43 AM
Richey Rich!!!!

You gonna watch football with us today sir?

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2006, 12:14 PM
For a bit. Dad's in town, so we're going to watch some ball together.

Penguin
9/30/2006, 12:29 PM
Why would Gameday go to Dallas?

Maybe I'm not homer enough, but I completely understand why they wouldn't go to OU/tx. Both teams have a loss. Highly doubtful that either would compete for a national championship. OU lost its #1 QB during the offseason. OU has no defense. Texas has no VY. Most people outside of the Big 12 won't care about the game.

Sorry, guys. This is not a national marquee game. Maybe if both were undefeated, but not now.

Paperclip
9/30/2006, 12:30 PM
For a bit. Dad's in town, so we're going to watch some ball together.

Richard's there?

OnlyOneOklahoma
9/30/2006, 12:37 PM
The wierd thing is i have seen Gameday Shirts for OU/tx so i am a little confused about gameday doing this game or not

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2006, 12:39 PM
Richard's there?

Heh. Yeah.

Just chopped up some reindeer sausage and cheese and about to throw some more reindeer sausage in with the velveeta and salsa...

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 12:40 PM
Heh. Yeah.

Just chopped up some reindeer sausage and cheese and about to throw some more reindeer sausage in with the velveeta and salsa...

OMG I miss that ****. Reindeer is pretty damn good stuff.

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2006, 12:42 PM
Gimme your address and I'll send some out for you.

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2006, 12:43 PM
And stalk you.

But mainly stalk you.

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 12:43 PM
heh, you know im never home :(

Penguin
9/30/2006, 12:46 PM
Room

SelmaBamaFan
9/30/2006, 12:46 PM
Got one handy for us?

OUmillenium
9/30/2006, 11:13 PM
It's Nebbish v. the Cyclones in Ames.

It's also confirmed that the RRS is national (only game on at that time). It's all good except we'll have to listen to Mushburger. I'm really pleased that both athletic depts told ABC to stuff it when they asked for a night game. 2:30 at the Fair or it's not OU-TX, period.

Musburger has actually been pretty good to the Sooners the last few years. I remember the late 80s and early 90s, even in basketball, he seemed biased against us. I think he is a big Stoops fan. At least he researches and knows the players. Half the jackoffs nowdays mispronounce player names left and right.

monty
9/30/2006, 11:28 PM
Musburger has actually been pretty good to the Sooners the last few years. I remember the late 80s and early 90s, even in basketball, he seemed biased against us. I think he is a big Stoops fan. At least he researches and knows the players. Half the jackoffs nowdays mispronounce player names left and right.

I'll second that. Plus, he always makes the game exciting to watch on TV. To top it off, the man has a drinking game in his honor. "Let's go down to my man Jack Arute".

StoopTroup
9/30/2006, 11:33 PM
Even if both OU and Texas were undefeated and this was a #1 v #2 game of the Week...

I could care less if those A$$hats came to the RRSO.

snp
9/30/2006, 11:55 PM
Even if both OU and Texas were undefeated and this was a #1 v #2 game of the Week...

I could care less if those A$$hats came to the RRSO.

Yup. I'll be nowhere near that dumb booth.

"Hey let's go stand around and boo whenever they predict we're going to get beat. OMG HE PUT ON A FUNNY HAT I LOVE ESPN GAMEDAY"

AllAboutThe'O'
10/1/2006, 12:11 AM
I'll second that. Plus, he always makes the game exciting to watch on TV. To top it off, the man has a drinking game in his honor. "Let's go down to my man Jack Arute".
Tough to have that drinking game this year since Arute's with another broadcast crew.