PDA

View Full Version : Beginnings

jk the sooner fan
9/30/2006, 10:22 AM
i dont think there is a better "rock" song in the history of music that combines the traditional instruments (guitar, bass, drums) with a full brass section

the old Chicago brought it......

Howzit
9/30/2006, 10:25 AM
Chicago Transit Authority had to change their name to just Chicago after being sued by the actual CTA.

Good stuff...Poem 58 is one of my all-time favorites. Think I'll go steal it.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2006, 10:25 AM
the only thing better is if you had Jethro Tull dancing around playing his flute.............................not

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 10:26 AM
i dont think there is a better "rock" song in the history of music that combines the traditional instruments (guitar, bass, drums) with a full brass section

Must disagree. "Vehicle" kicks the azz of anything Chicago put out.

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 10:27 AM
the only thing better is if you had Jethro Tull dancing around playing his flute.............................not

I think you mean Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. And you are dead to me if you post one word of disrespect for the art-rock legend.

crawfish
9/30/2006, 12:46 PM
Ides of March - Vehicle
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel

Not that you're wrong, there's just not much competition. :)

Paperclip
9/30/2006, 12:55 PM

The first song ever played on KATT in OKC.

dolemitesooner
9/30/2006, 12:58 PM
What in the **** are you guys talking abotu. I see somthing about a guy named jethro tull singing and playing aflute in CHicago

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 01:18 PM
What in the **** are you guys talking abotu. I see somthing about a guy named jethro tull singing and playing aflute in CHicago

Nothing. Now go back to your Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five...or Parliament-Funkadelic, whatever floats yer boat. :D

Newbomb Turk
9/30/2006, 02:37 PM
The old Chicago stuff is some of the best.

yermom
9/30/2006, 03:32 PM
Nothing. Now go back to your Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five...or Parliament-Funkadelic, whatever floats yer boat. :D

i think you are giving him too much credit ;)

handcrafted
9/30/2006, 11:26 PM
i think you are giving him too much credit ;)

That is entirely possible. :D

StoopTroup
10/1/2006, 12:13 AM
Is this the feather boa thread?

If so...

I'm out.