PDA

View Full Version : Cop Killer in Florida is DEAD!

Sooner in Tampa
9/29/2006, 09:17 AM
They got their man in Lakeland, Fla. It is hard to be happy that a dude is dead this morning, but considering that he killed a Deputy and his K-9 yesterday...I am glad that he is off of the streets.

The search for a man who shot two sheriff’s deputies fewer than 24 hours ago has ended fatally today, according to the Polk County sheriff. The suspect was shot to death this morning as he hid in a hollowed-out area under a fallen oak tree west of Lakeland.
“God will be the judge and jury this time,” said Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.
The man was shot multiple times.
Judd says the man was located while law officers were searching a heavily wooded area shoulder-to-shoulder. Officers found the man with a gun that appears to be a deputy’s, he said.
Sheriff Judd is confident this is the man who opened fire on deputies after a routine traffic stop Thursday, killing one. A sheriff’s dog was also shot to death.
The other deputy was shot in the leg and was released from the hospital. He is expected to make a full recovery, according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
As shots were fired today, reporters said cheers went up from the command post where authorities are coordinating the search. Hundreds of officers from dozens of law enforcement agencies around the state have been participating in the search.
Identifying the suspect proved to be difficult for investigators, as they uncovered several aliases. Judd says the man’s name could be Andrew Colxton, Alex Cloxton, or Anglo Freeland. The suspected shooter was initially identified as Eswardo O. Ramclaim, of Miami.
Judd says the man is likely involved in drug dealing.

SoonerProphet
9/29/2006, 09:31 AM
They got their man in Lakeland, Fla. It is hard to be happy that a dude is dead this morning, but considering that he killed a Deputy and his K-9 yesterday...I am glad that he is off of the streets.

I'm pretty happy the c*cksucker is dead...mofo killed a cop and his dog.

Sooner in Tampa
9/29/2006, 09:32 AM
Here is the info from yesterday. BTW...it was Deputy Williams' wifes birthday. :(

LAKELAND - Donna Wood's voice cracked as she said the name into her cell phone, answering yet another media call for information Thursday afternoon.
"Deputy Matt Williams," said Wood, a Polk County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman. "He left a wife and three children."
Just moments before, a somber Sheriff Grady Judd had described how a routine lunchtime traffic stop went awry, leaving Williams, 39, and his K-9 dog dead. A second deputy, Douglas Speirs, also 39, was wounded in the leg. He is expected to make a full recovery.
"It's been a very bad day at the sheriff's office," Wood said to another caller, doing her job and grieving at the same time.
The suspect in the shooting - tentatively identified late Thursday night - remained at large into the night. Throughout the day, over a large swath of north Lakeland, schools were locked down, streets were sealed off and residents were told to stay inside.
Police and television helicopters, as many as seven at one time, hovered above. Hordes of law enforcement officers representing virtually every agency in West Central Florida moved from house to house in a very personal manhunt.
Investigators said they had a photo of the man they were looking for. But they were far less certain of his supposed name - Eswardo O. Ramclaim - and Miami address, which they took from an identification card.
Both were likely bogus, Judd said.

C&CDean
9/29/2006, 09:33 AM
I'd like to see a post-mortem on this guy. Bet he was 10-15 pounds heavier when he died.

OUinFLA
9/29/2006, 09:34 AM
We spent a rather nervous evening at my house which is about 1.5 miles from where all this went down.
About midnight my dog started barking and when I went downstairs to investigate, I noticed that one of my automatic lights at the rear of my backyard storage building was on ...... Yikes!
But the dogs and cats regularly trip those on, it was just the circumstances and the nearness of the activity that had me apprehensive.

Ive never seen so many LEOs at one time as they had for this manhunt. There were close to 1000 from all over the state involved in surrounding the area where they suspected this killer was hiding.

The 1600 kids in Kathleen High School were in lock down until about 7:30 last night when they transported them to a large church about 2 miles away for their parents to pick them up. As of 10pm last night they were still picking kids up from the church.

About 6pm we thought it was over. The perp had been described as a 6' black male with dreadlocks. About 6pm, one of the high school kids had decided he was tired of being in the school lockdown, so he ran out of the building, scaled the fence and started running down the road. Well, since he was about 6', black, and had dreadlocks..................he was very lucky to have not been shot by a bunch of very nervous, pi$$ed off law officers who were surrounding the entire school area.

I am glad this episode is over.

Sooner in Tampa
9/29/2006, 09:35 AM
I'd like to see a post-mortem on this guy. Bet he was 10-15 pounds heavier when he died.I bet this is a conversative estimate...there were 500 law enforcement officals walking shoulder to shoulder...the brush was so thick.

Sooner in Tampa
9/29/2006, 09:36 AM
I am glad this episode is over.Glad to hear all is well with you and yours.

We are all glad this is over.

C&CDean
9/29/2006, 09:37 AM
I bet this is a conversative estimate...there were 500 law enforcement officals walking shoulder to shoulder...the brush was so thick.

Well, I'm sure some of them were shooting ball ammo that would pass through the body rather than expand and stay within the body.

Osce0la
9/29/2006, 10:01 AM
There was a cop killed in Montgomery, AL yesterday. The cop's father works with my father in law and they were clocking out to go home when he got the call telling him his son had been shot and killed earlier in the day.

VeeJay
9/29/2006, 10:04 AM
I noticed that one of my automatic lights at the rear of my backyard storage building was on ...... Yikes!

You got electric power up in your neck of the woods?

OUinFLA
9/29/2006, 02:16 PM
Local News link (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/9/29/186428.html?title=SWAT%20Team%20shoots,%20kills%20 hiding%20suspect)

Picture of the woods where perp was hiding

http://www.baynews9.com/images/news/2006/9/29/lgbrush1.jpg

These guys were very serious

http://www.baynews9.com/images/news/2006/9/29/lgbrush3.jpg

yermom
9/29/2006, 03:42 PM
um, don't **** with cops....

the fact that 99.7% are bad should be an indication of this ;)

OUinFLA
9/29/2006, 08:40 PM
Unconfirmed from a reporter/photog friend of mine on the local paper.

"59 LEO shell casings retrieved"

perp = swiss cheese

1stTimeCaller
9/29/2006, 08:45 PM
Unconfirmed from a reporter/photog friend of mine on the local paper.

"59 LEO shell casings retrieved"

perp = swiss cheese

how many rounds do you think found their target?

birddog
9/29/2006, 08:46 PM
Hooray for bullets!
bullets killed a cop and his dog too.

GottaHavePride
9/29/2006, 08:56 PM
how many rounds do you think found their target?

Out of 59 casings? 75.

1stTimeCaller
9/29/2006, 08:59 PM
I'll bet the number is closer to 15 than it is 40.

$1 bet who wants to take it?

LoyalFan
9/30/2006, 06:34 AM
Eswardo O. Ramclaim ...has to be the best and worst of aliases

Rat on! Jeebus!
If that was MY real name I'd be tempted to go out via "Suicide by Cop" too.
If'n I was a bettin' man I'd lay some money on that name resurfacing in some comedy schtick someday soon.
One nagging question...WTF does the "O" stand for? Orgasmo? Oswaldo? Omegaman? Oddsbodkins? Onarrivaldead? The world wants to know!
Discuss and submit possibilities NLT 0700 this Sunday.

Loyal O. Fan

stoopified
9/30/2006, 09:13 AM
As a former cop and a doglover,I say good riddance.

OUinFLA
9/30/2006, 09:59 PM
I'll bet the number is closer to 15 than it is 40.

$1 bet who wants to take it?

I guess you would lose that bet.
From today's autopsy report.

Results show 27-year-old Angilo Freeland died as a result of multiple gunshot wounds. Deputies reportedly fired as many as 110 rounds at Freeland. He was hit by 68 of the rounds.

Link to story (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/9/30/186984.html?title=Autopsy%20shows%20multiple%20gun shot%20wounds%20killed%20Freeland)